Guild of Adventurers

Started by Cysma, September 19, 2009, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cysma

A medieval fantasy RP focusing on adventurers out for fame and fortune, in the vein of D&D or something like it.

Although it was led by humans, the grand city of Centallion was a place populated by many races, humans, elves, dwarves, and gnomes alike, and for good reason. It was the capital city of the entire kingdom of Lironus. The place was originally populated almost exclusively by humans, until a few years ago when the two-time war hero Leonis took the throne. Known for defeating the Dragon Prince and the Lich Emperor with the help of his friends, many of which were not human, he became the king of Lironus and encouraged diversity in his kingdom, allowing elves, dwarves, gnomes, and other humanoid races to live out in the open. This was all only a few years ago, so at least fifty percent of Lironus' population consisted of humans, but that number was diminishing every year.

Not far from the center of the city stood a building with a massive sign on the front: "GUILD OF ADVENTURERS". And below it, "NOW HIRING". Standing near the front door was a young man dressed in full chainmail armor, leaning against his sword as its tip pressed against the ground, a shield buckled to his left arm. On the ground next to him sat a deceivingly-small bag with a potion and a rolled-up scroll peering out of the top of it. This man was a part of the guild, and he was stationed outside to greet would-be adventurers.

Lone

A tall, green, gross, dark figure stood sulked over the sign trying to make sense of the odd markings that seemed to say something along the lines of “Now, Hireing” he pondered more as to what it could mean holding his mace in one hand letting the heavy end rest on the ground. The figure was a half-orc standing about 6’7 and looking to weigh about 300 lbs, his name was Gurk.

Gurk wore basic leather armor with little to no gear laced around his attire, he was obviously dumb muscle but why out here and so out of place from the thuggish districts of the city? Perhaps his boss let him go, or died. He stared at the sign more now trying to figure out the odd markings, a frustrated groan followed by slurred speech. “Wha, da wood plank say?” He said in a very bad common tounge.
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Cysma

Although the half-orc was a good deal larger and taller than Cysma, 6'7" to his 5'11", and 300 pounds to his 170, he didn't seem particularly frightened by him. If he was, he was very good at hiding it.

"This is a guild for adventurers." He said, answering the big guy's question. "We're looking for new adventurers to join our guild. You look pretty strong...I'm sure the guildmaster would let you join if you wanted to." He extended his hand in greeting. "Show me that grip of yours. I'm Cysma. Cysma Winheim. And you...?"

vend

Theodore Praxim held back a belch as he happily stumbles out of the Tavern.  It was a long march through the woods to this city of Centallion and this was his first hot meal in weeks.  The small pile of silver coins in his concealed purse wasn't too bad either.

Praxim is a human hunter whose normal work involves carrying things for people through the woods to other cities.  Or going to the woods to bring things back to the city.

But all of that changed as more roads cut through the woods.  There are now more legitimate ways of moving goods out of the city.  He's down to the random messenger jobs that sprout once in a while.  Not enough for Praxim to live comfortably but at least he had enough to restock his provisions.

Amongst the pouches and bags that he wore over his light leather armor is a well-used recurve bow.  Tucked in its holster with a quiver of arrows at his right hip, the bow is his preferred weapon.  Praxim does however carry a small dagger and a light crossbow for small tight spaces.

He tore off a piece of bread from the loaf leftover from his meal as he walks down the main street.  Crumbs got stuck in his stubby beard.  Maybe shaving one of these days might be a good idea, he thought as he brushes himself off.

But work comes first.  It takes almost as long to find a job as it is to finish one.

Huh, what is this?

Praxim couldn't help be amused at the sight of what seems to be an Orc speaking to someone in front of a "Now Hiring" sign.  Literacy and job interviews for an Orc?  Professional as he was, Praxim got a good chuckle from that stereotype.  But if that "Guild" would tolerate an Orc, how easy would it be for an experienced hunter like himself?

So the human walked closer to a cautious distance from the Orc and the armored interviewer.  Close enough to barely hear the conversation but far enough to jump away if the Orc acts violently.

Gladiator0161

((OOC: Hey Cysma. Would you mind if I joined this little RP thread?
I'd play a Dwarven Warrior, with heavy armor and a great double headed battle axe atleast as tall as he is, which is around 5'4". He'd be very strong ofcourse but slower than most due to his armor and size.))

Cysma

((Of course, Gladiator!))

As Cysma had finished speaking to the orc, he noticed another human out of the corner of his eye, and turned to him. "Greetings! Are you looking to be hired as an adventurer as well? We're quite short on hands, especially since that one incident occured...anyways, are you looking for fortune and fame? Because you've come to the right place! Joining the Adventurers' Guild means you always have a place to come back to, and an adventuring party to group up with! Together, we can overcome challenges that would be impossible on our own, and discover great, unimaginable wealth hidden in the earth!" He seemed to be reciting this out of memory, but his enthusiasm never wavered.

vend

He stopped chewing for a moment as the armored interviewer called out for him.

Pocketing what was left of the bread, Praxim walks closer while still keeping some distance from the Orc.

"What's the pay, what's the work?" the hunter bluntly asks.  "I'll take the fortune over the fame, thank you very much."

Not to mention, living long enough to enjoy it Praxim mentally added.

Gladiator0161

"Eh, they're ale stinks! Outta my way please! I need to find something with an actual kick before I forget what real alchohol tastes like" Roryn Blacknife grumbled as he ambled his way through the doors to the tavern and pushed past the patrons coming in, totally sober despite the 5 Ale's he'd had.

In his mind they weren't really Ale's in the first place, more like watered down tea. His heavy armor clanked as he walked due to the double headed battle axe strapped to his back. I need something to do! It's bloody boring here and the taverns and pubs all have swill for drinks. Damned cities, don't know the difference between their backside and a hole in the ground when it comes to a good drink! Roryn thought as he ambled along the street and came to a big sign that read Guild of Adventurers: NOW HIRING.
Roryn looked up into the sky and silently cursed. "Ah well! Atleast it's something to do!" Roryn said, taking his axe from his back and using it like a walking stick, relieving the pain in his back.

Roryn was over 60 years old though he didn't look or act a day over thirty. He kept his black beard thick but short and trimmed, his equally black hair on the other hand, was wound in a long ponytail that almost hung to his rock solid buttocks. There wasn't a lick of fat on him either, except for a slight beer belly that had only began to sprout because of his favor of drink. He watched as an Orc, then a male human approached the man standing outside, drawing attention to the building and the sign. Not really caring whether it paid well or not, he pushed past the man and stepped up beside the Orc.
"I don't suppose you know if they have any decent beverages fit for a Dwarf's belly? That'll be reward enough for an end to my boredom" Roryn's voice was thick with a deep rumble as he spoke near fluent 'common', and let the axe clang against the ground for added emphasis.

He normally wasn't so rude but, boredom for a dwarven warrior like Roryn was like torture. Even torture was preferable to some dwarves, Roryn being one of them, because with torture atleast there was a face to pummel once you escaped. He smiled broadly showing the man his stained yellow teeth.

Lone

The orc looked baffled, stunned almost at the smaller human being so kind to him. With all his intelligence working overtime it took him exactly 3 and on half minutes to answer, and extend a hand to shake that of the human. "My name Gurk!" He said excitedly, why he was excited he had no clue, nor did he know why he was shaking the mans hand but it seemed like the right thing to do.

Soon after the simple hand shake happened, another human walked up. So many little humans today! Gurk was both interested and slightly cautious due to his past dealings with humans being less than positive in nature. Gurk again tried to speak, "I join club?" He asked, words stuttered a bit interrupting the flow of conversation.
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Gladiator0161

[bump]

Roryn didn't really like Orcs, fighting them for more years than you care to remember defending your homeland did that to you. This one, this Gurk, seemed to be shy of a full keg, so he didn't really worry any and simply smiled again.

"Yeah, seems like you have my very tall orchish friend! Now, how about you toddle on through the doors there and lemme have a word with the doorman" Roryn said clapping the fellow on his lower back, since that was all he could reach, and shoving him forward gently.

Kashatria

((Hey do you mind if I jump in, only if its not to late??))
*Huggles to all*
*Dances around the room shes in, her pink fluffy tutu and neon green fishnet stockings standing out like waldo*
As we begin our decent into harsh colder weather, Autumn still remains a season for food hunting before hibernation by some in the winter. The leaves are beginning to color and fall from their roots, landing gently on soft Autumn soil. Prepare yourselves now before the winter chill begins to pierce, or you may be caught out.

Gladiator0161

(I don't mind, in fact I'd be grateful, but, this is Cysma's thread. So, I can't say, sorry, but if you want you can PM me and we can start something similiar to this! :D)