One Piece RP Interest Check.

Started by Wolfy, October 26, 2011, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollowX

I'll put up a character first then, and add the things I'm missing as I go along...

Character name: Rose Jennings
Character image:

History: WIP
Personality: Focused and socially awkward around any but her crew Rose is often one who observes those things around her. Immersed in her studies of nature and ki she often follows what she's interested in learning. Skilled in battle Rose often is ruthless and cunning, dispersing of the enemies who stand in her way of right and wrong.

power: Her power focuses in on the ki aspect, allowing her to do many things that would seem impossible. Controlling flames and shadow, leaping distances nobody normal would be able to do. Many believe she's eaten a Devils Fruit, but she has not found one valuable enough yet to give up her ability to swim.

Vaulera

so, by ki do you mean haki? cause that is the equivalent in one piece.

DKDBSD

If he does It sounds like he's putting to many egg's in one basket especially the variety of powers. :/

HollowX

Hmm, no, I'm more talking about the stuff you see Zoro use. Ever read the Book of Nine Swords? The character is modeled after the swordsage in it *shrugs*

Vaulera

I think the stuff zoro uses is more for dramatic effect to show how fast his swords are moving instead of actual energy, the idea is that he just cuts things really well.

HollowX

How do you explain the ashura thing he did with the cp9 or the cutting leaf and steel thing with Alabaster.

KnightNelson20

"Zoro has shown a new technique called "Asura" which gives him the appearance of having six arms and three heads, like the deity of the same name. He is also surrounded by a dark aura while in this state and the first time he achieved it, the ground shook and numerous holes appeared in it. This ability allows Zoro to utilize nine swords in combat.
What this ability is, how Zoro attains it, and the exact nature of this attack are currently unclear, but Kaku suggested it was an illusion created by Zoro's spirit."

Zoro's technique is his own. Something created from his spirit. Probably growing from his childhood. Everytime he lost he got another sword hoping that having another one would increase his power. After training his body and spirit so much his soul just reacted to the want for strength and ability. As for everything else Zoro did his strength and speed. They were his own as well.

"Zoro has monstrous physical strength. At a very young age he was able to lift boulders over his head, and is now able to lift and toss an entire building.  Zoro's agility, speed, and overall reflexes are also extraordinary. He has shown that he is quick enough to keep up with Sanji, who is a master of his own leg-based style, and with CP9's Kaku's Soru movements, and he himself can move at nearly inconceivable speeds and jump at astonishing heights, even dodge bullets with ease. On numerous occasions, Zoro has shown being able to evade (or block) high-speed attacks and projectiles that move so fast that it would normally be impossible for an average human to even notice them, much less evade them. Thus, Zoro was able to dodge simultaneous pressure shots as well as a laser blast from Bartholomew Kuma, both of which travel at extremely high speed, even after being heavily injured from his previous fights with Oars and fatigued from his fight with Ryuma."

Given all the skills you see that Zoro has you have to keep this in mind. He was the second in command basically of Luffy's crew. He needed to have this kind of strength because of the position they chose to put him in the show. Consider the strength of the Dark King Rayleigh. Who was the second in command of Gol D Rogers. When people saw him the shook in fear because they knew his power. Zoro is like this. Your character sheet looks good just too soon to be so powerful in my opinion. You leave no room to grow stronger through the story. 

HollowX

The techniques wouldn't really be all that powerful, after all being based on a level system means her powerful techniques would come way later on and where she would be would depend on where we are.

However, I can easily make another character anyway, I was just trying to jump start this interest thread when it seemed to be dying yet again.

Vaulera

It's all cool I just like to have a canonical explanation for powers. Before I throw together my full character, anyone have any suggestions on the devil fruit that she is using? It doesn't have much to do with the actual character and I am short on ideas as there are just so many. She just needs to start as a beginning user.

kingmaster1

I would love to be a part of this, I love one piece  XD

HollowX

We have a lot of interest, but no real character sheets as of the moment :(

kingmaster1

well barring some different layout I will gladly put my character sheet up  :-) If I need to make any changes I will.

Name: Marcus lerron
Abilities: immense strength and great skill with blunt and sharp weapons
arsenal: long broadsword strapped onto back, spiked club tied to waist, and fists
personality: goofy and flirtatious, but serious and tactical while in combat. always ready to talk and make friends, always the first to  buy drinks for the crew. very loyal to his friends, and when drunk constantly does tests of strength. also has some cooking abilities
History: was abandoned by parents and raised mostly by a bartender who found him, he was always a strong boy but really grew after he attempted to travel the world and was robbed by a pirate crew. Now he is constantly trying to find the ones who took his first boat and belongings.
appearance: tall, muscular, black hair, wears a trench coat and red strap around his chest, usually wears a black shirt and maroon pants

KnightNelson20

Okay. I think Wolfy has been gone for awhile and I dont mean to steal her thunder on it but I think I may create a one piece rp and everyone here is welcome to join. I can have a storyline and cs drawn up by the end of the night and ill link the OOC thread on here. Of course I am not stealing this from Wolfy and if she returns she can join but I think we just need someone to really take charge.

HollowX

KnightNelson20