INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

4 votes against pathfinder feat progress.

3 votes for pathfinder feat progress (counting in the player who desires the pathfinder feats and who has not yet posted).

So total 7 votes so far and so need three more for against to seal the deal.

Kunoichi

...Hmm.  Well, considering how useful those extra feats are going to be, I really can't help but vote for the Pathfinder feat progression. ^^; Though I should note that, lacking the +2 LA, that does mean that I'd be getting two extra feats out of the deal, rather than one.

I already know just which two feats I'd be picking, as well...

Zaer Darkwail

4 votes against pathfinder feat progress.

4 votes for pathfinder feat progress (counting in the player who desires the pathfinder feats and who has not yet posted).

So it is tie again. At present there are +13 players so need two-three votes either direction now to seal the deal. If it comes to a tie I will make GM ruling to stick with old system that case.

Krayz

FINALLY! Character is done :D

Vlosinerak'tharan
Male (Pref) CE Succubus, Level 12+ 2 HD adv, Init +1, HP 72/72, DR 10/good/c. iron, Speed 30ft/50 ft (average)
AC 24, Touch 11, Flat-footed 23, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 8/3   
Chaotic and evil vs DR Claws    (d6+1, x2)
(+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +9 Natural)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 32
Condition None

Vlosin ("Vlosinerak'tharan" being his true name) was summoned into the material plane over one hundred years ago by a powerful conjurer. It was in the wizard's mind to breed an army of half-fiend warriors from demonic stock, and use them to conquer a personal demesne. Over a span of weeks, Vlosin impregnated dozens of human women as the wizard wished. However, the wizard met an untimely demise when the women, whom Vlosin had put under his magic and secretly aided in escaping their cells, chopped off his genitalia. Vlosin was free.

Vlosin has never since been banished back to the Abyss; he has never let a cleric or powerful magician get the chance. Instead, he has roamed the material plane covertly, breeding with mortal women as he wishes, occasionally slaughtering a small village or two from within. Recently, however, he has taken to living within the drow city of Erelhei-Cinlu, taking on a contract at the Silver Collar under the name "Freyne Elamshin", quickly becoming one of the most popular male courtesans in the most well-known of Erelhei-Cinlu's brothels.

Zaer Darkwail

I wonder what feats your char has? Also as suggestion you could take few cross class ranks in perform and get versatile performer feat and so have 6 high modifier perform skills ;). Altough with your charisma you can roll just with it.

Krayz

I literally just realized I forgot my feats >_<

Where is versatile performer?

P.S: Tada!

Vlosinerak'tharan
Male (Pref) CE Succubus Succubus, Level 12+ 2 HD adv, Init +1, HP 72/72, DR 10/good/c. iron, Speed 30ft/50 ft (average)
AC 24, Touch 11, Flat-footed 23, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +17, Base Attack Bonus 8/3   
Chaotic and evil vs DR Claws    (d6+1, x2)
(+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +9 Natural)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 32
Condition None

And isn't that Charisma score just orgasmic in itself?  ^-^

Kunoichi

Hmm...  *wonders if one of the 'Fiend of X' prestige classes in the Fiend Folio might fit in with Vlosin's general character concept*

Krayz

Might just, but I'm not sure I have enough spare levels to be worth it.

However *goes to check* ^_^

Kunoichi

Well, Fiend of Blasphemy probably won't be fitting, for a start. ^^; It's based around building up a cult around yourself, and gives you a small amount of divine casting...  Based off of Wisdom, which clearly isn't your primary stat.

Fiend of Corruption seems like it would be worth your while, though.  You'd need to take a level in a class that grants a high Will save in order to qualify, but the one level you'd get would provide a small boost to your shapechanging abilities (Alternate Form, into any humanoid creature of sizes Large through Small), as well as a nice ability called Fiend's Favor that could be used to seduce power-hungry characters to your side.

Fiend of Possession you could get two levels out of, but given its possession focus, I'm not sure it'd be your thing.

Krayz

I already have alternate form and suggestion at will; the only thing I'd get out of the Fiend of Corruption is mind shielding (which I have a ring for) and the fiend's favour, which is nice. But in return, I'd lose HP and a LOT of skill points.

I'll stick with what I have. But it was a close decision :)

Kunoichi

Alright then. ^^ As for feats, might I recommend Ability Focus for whichever of your abilities you expect to be using the most?

Krayz

Considered it, but there's only one ability it would work on (Energy Drain), which has a DC 25 already :P

I'd much rather use a feat to double my Will save (Force of Personality), give me the ability to detect every intelligent life form within 100 feet (Mindsight), and then just a random boost to my Bluff and Diplomacy (Persuasive).

Maybe before the game starts, I'll boost one of my spell-like abilities, but for the time being I'm good :)

Kunoichi

Force of Personality only works on mind-affecting effects, but it certainly isn't a bad choice. ^^ I hope you don't mind if I look for fitting alternatives to Persuasive, though.

Krayz

With my blessing, luv.

And what requires a Will save that isn't a mind-effect?

Kunoichi

With your skill allocations, Darkstalker could be good.  Alternately, from the Book of Vile Darkness, Boost Spell-like Ability seems extremely well-suited to your needs. ^^

The first spell that springs to mind is the save to avoid becoming mindless on Baleful Polymorph.  Then there's Holy Smite, Holy Word, Trap the Soul...  And who knows what else there might be outside of core?

Krayz

.... Touche.

As for this feat, it's a very good choice. I just need to pick which spell-like ability is the most important to boost.
-milisecond-
Charm monster :3

Zaer Darkwail

Versatile performer is from complete adventurer. Anyways indeed persuasive you could let go while mind sight is pretty good.

Anyways by my house ruling Force of Personality makes you replace Wis with Cha with will saves effectively on everything. So feel free use Cha instead Wis with your save mod :).

My own suggestion for your persuasive slot would be either improved natural attack (claws, to do more dmg), improved energy drain from libri mortis (gives you +1 attack, dmg, saves and skill checks per level drained for 1 hour along with +5 bonus HP). ANother one is from fiendish codex I (hordes of abyss) which name escapes me now but it was abyssal heritor feat. It allowed you either be hideous or beautiful. Beautiful version gave a ability which allowed as standard action daze/stun single invindual with your looks.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Krayz on October 04, 2011, 02:02:45 PM
.... Touche.

As for this feat, it's a very good choice. I just need to pick which spell-like ability is the most important to boost.
-milisecond-
Charm monster :3

Actually, based on the wording, I believe that each of your SLAs can be boosted three times a day.  That'll still only make it the second-most powerful feat you've got, though. :P

Krayz

Zaer Darkwail

Not really, it allows 3/day add +2 save DC to any his Sp's. Like he can choose twice add +2 save DC to his suggestion and then once to charm monster. It's better kind than ability focus as it applies any Sp's he has now or later.

Kunoichi

No, it specifically says 'Each of a creature's spell-like abilities can be boosted three times a day.' ^^; In the example it gives, it even brings up a Succubus using a boosted Suggestion three times, then afterwards using either a normal Suggestion, or boosting Charm Monster.

Krayz

Hey Zaer,

1) Can you add my dude to the list of unaligned characters?

2) Remind me to rape the hell out of this girl when the game starts >;D

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, my bad then. Indeed that is quite kick ass feat :). Anyways add our succubus front page now, also which girl you refer to Krayz :). Or just kunoichi's juicy avatar? Anyways I assume your not running the brothel where you work then?

Krayz

1) I mean Kunoichi, not her avatar; she's been so helpful that a delicious helping of rape is *required* :P

2) Not running the brothel, just a day job :P

3) Gonna edit his inventory a little; as nice as the amulet is, I need to boost my saving throws too badly =/ Some Touch AC wouldn't hurt either...

Snake

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2011, 02:03:17 PM
Versatile performer is from complete adventurer. Anyways indeed persuasive you could let go while mind sight is pretty good.

Anyways by my house ruling Force of Personality makes you replace Wis with Cha with will saves effectively on everything. So feel free use Cha instead Wis with your save mod :).

My own suggestion for your persuasive slot would be either improved natural attack (claws, to do more dmg), improved energy drain from libri mortis (gives you +1 attack, dmg, saves and skill checks per level drained for 1 hour along with +5 bonus HP). ANother one is from fiendish codex I (hordes of abyss) which name escapes me now but it was abyssal heritor feat. It allowed you either be hideous or beautiful. Beautiful version gave a ability which allowed as standard action daze/stun single invindual with your looks.

The bolded statement is not right really; it lets you use Cha instead of wis for mind-affecting spells only! that's the only way it makes sense.