What to put in a Capcom game

Started by Sabby, March 25, 2008, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I saw this idea for slasher films like Scream and really enjoyed it :) you made points of what was standard, like "Do not shoot the guy when he is unconscious. Run and try to escape him" and "Always split up" and "Someone always dies during a sex scene"

There have been a lot of Capcom games that as far as I can see carry big simularities. Post what you thinkthey are :)

Things I can of as of this writing... always have a sexy female some where in it, always have "Quickly press teh buttonz!' sequences and always have your main character lack human emotion and stand there repeating the key word of the last sentence slowly.

"Leon, find the Front Door Key" "Front... Door Key..." "Yes, it should be with the end level boss" "End... Level Boss..." "Thats right... remember, carry your puny pistol in the cut scene and act cautious of a single enemy" "Puny pistol... single enemy... breh..."

kongming

*blinks* What Capcom games are you talking about?

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2: Special Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter Zero/Alpha
Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2
Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter 3: This joke is getting old
X-Men
Marvel Superheroes
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Capcom vs SNK
Capcom vs SNK 2
SNK vs Capcom Chaos
Dark Stalkers
Dark Stalkers 2
Dark Stalkers 3
That 1-on-1 Fighter With Tabitha the Witch and the Monsters
Capcom Fighting Jam
Rival Schools: United by Fate
Rival Schools: Project Justice
Gem Fighters Mini-Mix

And the sad thing is, I probably missed several more 1-on-1 fighting games they did, possibly a few other Street Fighter 2 variants.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ZK

He's talking about the survival horror niche that Capcom has. The constant button pressing sequence was only in Resident Evil 4 although.

The attractive girl thing goes with the concept of the actual type of feeling. Survival Horror always tends to put in the handsome guy and the beautiful gal in the concept when doing. Reason why Resident Evil 1 had such bad dialog and such is also due to nothing was changed, like the other Biohazard games. They have them speaking their native language with Japanese subtitles.

The beautiful woman and button pressing sequences (more like get the hell away from me survival buttons) were also entered in the Dead Rising series. Although most of the spoken dialog in that game with the survivors is this "FRAAAAANK!" while they're screaming cause a bunch of zombies are trying to eat them, punch them or both.

As well, he could also be detailing the Devil May Cry series as well, I haven't played the fourth one, so I cannot comment on the last bit.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Yes, I referring to their 3d era games. Admittedly, I have not played ALL of them, but Devil May Cry, Godhand, Resident Evil series and Dead Rising (among a few others I've watched being played) all seem to have these elements.

Mindhazingsquid

Godhand was made by Clover not Capcom and it was pretty far from being a survival action horror.  I mean, it had a laugh track.

As for the pretty women and men, all I can say is "Sex sells." that's all there is too it.  There aren't a lot of games or movies that have ugly characters in it.