Are you looking for new writing partners? [Closed]

Started by Flower, November 15, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Are you interested in finding new writing partners?

Do you find it hard to determine whether or not someone is compatible with your writing style just from browsing their post history? 

Are you still uncertain about a potential partner after looking at their post history and reading their ons/offs?

Look no further! Take part in a Caravanserai Sponsored Event!

Flower

Caravanserai is having its first Speed Dating event. This means you (the writer) will get the opportunity to collaborate with not just one individual but multiple writers! If you feel as if your writing chemistry is really great with one person, perhaps you can continue to explore your capability through interactions at Caravanserai or you can jump to the next step of creating a solo in which to explore your characters or different ones in another setting.

Whatever makes the both of you happiest! :)

So how will we capture the Speed Dating feel through forum posting?

When Speed Dating, you do your best to get to know whomever you're set up with through a series of questions or just conversation. These rounds, as they are called, are often timed. To alert the participants to the end of a round, the coordinator might press a buzz or create some other noise to let them know times up!

We'd rather not do that. We trust you, as writers, to keep in mind that these are timed events in-character. Your scene with a single person should not last for ages in-character.

You create the character; we (the mentors) will handle the rest, including pairing and what not. All we ask is that you are respectful and open minded to whomever you're paired with for this event.

Please post here if you'd be interested in participating.

Ciosa

Sure!  I need to knock off some rust anyhow.   Do you have a link to your character creation rules?

Never mind, I looked for half a a second.

Flower

Sorry about not having it here. Just trying to ensure we have a decent head count for the event before having someone create a character. ^_^

Glad to see you're interested though! I'm glad.

Ciosa

Sebastian Wells

Name: Sebastian Wells
Sexuality: Untapped.
Personality: A conman’s perfect mark - trusting, compassionate, and in many things naive.  Sebastian is reserved, and quiet, but both his quiet and his kindness hide a remarkably sharp intellect.

Eye Color: Green.  Hints of blue.
Height:Five ten, Sebastian towers over no one.
Body Build: Slender.  He’s not overwhelmingly muscular - he keeps fit by jogging and the occasional bit of yoga, but mostly he stays skinny by always being studying or hard at work and forgetting to eat.
Additional Physical Notes: Faint scars from earrings, though the holes are closed as he’s apparently decided against having earrings.

History: Sebastian is blessed with the kind of intelligence that would have had him graduating Harvard or John Hopkins’s pre-med program by twenty and in a prestigious surgical program by twenty two - but lackluster public education and meant that he graduated high school at sixteen, and a hospice care program at eighteen.  His family needed an income, and couldn’t afford a lengthy or prestigious program.

Sebastian’s life was turned inside down by his third hospice patient in his first year - he was actually just a substitute for the regular hospice nurse, but Edgar Horton took a liking to ‘the blonde idiot’ and had him moved to his full time caretaker.  Edgar liked to argue; and while he didn’t necessarily like to demean, it came naturally to him.  He spent a year with a man who expected to die in a matter of days - and cared for him through the last seizures of brain cancer that left him incontinent, drooling, paralyzed.  Sebastian has never really thought they had gotten along - he remembered arguing with Edgar more than moments of real connection, but Edgar had made Sebastian executor of his will, and heir to the largest part of his estate.

Sebastian’s first few months have been humiliating - and harrowing.  He’s taken a reprieve from what seems like an endless series of litigations and atonements for Edgar’s misdeeds, to deliver something to one of the owners of the Caravanserai, in hopes he might be able to steal a day or two of relaxation before returning to the real world and the curious hand fate has dealt him.

Face Claim:  Austin Butler

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Flower

Well, tentative interest or not, we'd be glad to have you. As I told Ciosa, I'm waiting for a decent head count before knowing we can press on. However, if the concept by itself is intriguing, you're more than welcome to create a character.

Eros

I am tentatively placing my hat into the ring. As a newly approved member this just might be the perfect way to ease myself into the community but I have never done a group role play, hence my hesitation.
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me.

Flower

We're super glad to have you here, Eros. :) This is a great place to dip your toes. You read my mind actually. I was coming here to inform anyone on the fence or uneasy about it that this specific event is a bit unique. Yes, it takes place in Caravanserai, which is a group environment, but the speed dating will be 1v1s.

The format will be like...

Character A sits at table.

Character A does a round with Character E.
Character A does a round with Character F.
Character A does a round with Character G.

And so forth.

So you won't be thrust into a massive group scene. :)

Now, some people might want to do all their rounds at the same time. That's fine as long as they are careful not to time paradox themselves. However, other people, like myself, might want to take it round by round. That's also perfectly fine. There's no right or wrong way. :)

If we get 10 people, you'd have the chance to write with 5 different individuals.

Eros

Thank you Flower, you've put my mind at ease.

I will start working on creating a character with great enthusiasm as I think this will be fun.
I am brave, I am bruised

Flower

Yay! I'm glad to hear that. Please let me know if you have any questions. Pretty much any character, barring active criminals (your character can have a criminal past and on the reform their life path) is welcome.

Edit: And of course they need enough funds to visit the resort. It's okay if someone won a retreat or something too.

Eros

I have completed my character and hope that I have done it correctly.

Should I wait for further interest before posting it and do I do it in this thread?
I am brave, I am bruised

Flower

You can go ahead and post it here. I can take a look and make sure it's alright. There's also the chance that your submission might inspire someone else. :)

Eros

Name: Benjamin Taylor
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Confident but cautious, keeping people at arm's length until he can surmise what they are about. Needless to say he has trust issues, once bitten twice shy.

Eyes: Blue/green
Height: 5’11
Body Build: Muscular and well toned but not buff to the physique of a body builder.
Additional Physical Notes: Benjamin is long sighted and predominantly wears contact glasses but will switch to glasses on occasion.

History:

“He now felt glad at having suffered sorrow and trouble, because it enabled him to enjoy so much better all the pleasure and happiness around him.” - Hans Christian Andersen

Benjamin might be considered ‘hot’ by most people's standards but this has not always been the case. Ben, which is the name he prefers to be know by, was a late bloomer, during his years at high school he was the slightly overweight kid who tried his best to blend into the background. This worked for the most part until his senior year when he unwittingly became the ‘whipping boy’ simply by choosing to become a tutor. Benjamin had simply wanted to bulk out his college applications, he'd never imagined that he would be paired with a star athlete or that they would get entangled in a short romantic relationship. Benjamin had known he was attracted to both men and women from a relatively young age, something he was completely at ease with and although he never hid his sexuality it was not flaunted. Jake on the other hand had a crisis of identity and put the blame of ‘liking dudes’ fully on Benjamin's shoulders. Senior year was a nightmare and although the ripples of that time still reach until this day it is a part of his life he prefers to try to forget.

It was at college that Benjamin shed the weight and gained the physique that he now maintains. This is done through a variety of exercise but he particularly enjoys running, swimming and doing yoga.

At college Benjamin majored in English literature and is now a librarian in the small coastal town he now calls home. At weekends he moonlights as a deejay. Life is balanced or is it? Something feels missing but Benjamin can't quite place his finger on it.

Face Claim: Nick Ayler
I am brave, I am bruised

Eros

Thank you, Flower.

If anything needs adjustment please do not hesitate to inform me and I shall do it.
I am brave, I am bruised

Strega

Flower

Quote from: Eros on November 16, 2018, 08:34:54 AM
Thank you, Flower.

If anything needs adjustment please do not hesitate to inform me and I shall do it.

No worries. :) I have no issue with pointing out things. Great face claim choice as well.

Quote from: Strega on November 16, 2018, 08:42:53 AM
Flower i am sorry for the delay. I want to play along as well!

You're fine. I have your name in my head count. xD

Strega

You are the best! I am reposting Rafaela's bio. I enhanced it just a bit.

Name: Rafaela Camerino
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: She used to be a high spirited person. Now she appears distant, making people avoiding her without giving her a chance. Most of the time she seems like staring at something invisible to others.

Eyes: Green
Height: 5’4”
Body Build: Curvy
Additional Physical Notes: None

History: Rafaela lives in Milan, Italy. Her roots are originally humble, growing up in the Italian countryside and without any particular enthusiasm in school and studies. Her only passion, which she discovered at the sweet age of 7 was singing after witnessing the show of a wandering musician, with the most mellow of voices and his guitar adorned with ribbons. Her passion for singing and her raw talent soon spread throughout her village as she took part in feasts and local events and at the age of 16 she moved to Rome with her first love of her life and her first husband, who was bewitched by her singing.

His wealth was the ticket for Rafaela to seek music studies. Opera dazzled her, traversed her to unexpected places, to the deepest of emotions. She ended up being one of the most famous sopranos, with a worldwide career but after a serious throat inflammation 7 years ago, she had to undergo an operation which dramatically altered her voice and made it impossible for her to sing again the same way.

After that day, life was drained out of her and she now desperately seeks a means to find pleasure or some kind of meaning again in her life. She is currently single, after 3 disastrous marriages.

Face Claim: Barbra Streisand

Flower

My darling. <3 Just make sure to update her in the character sheet thread as well.

Eros

Thank you yet again and I will admit that I have a soft spot for my face claim.

By joining this speed dating event have I automatically joined Caravanserai and if not would I need to apply for Benjamin through the character sheet on that thread?
I am brave, I am bruised

Flower

Yes! You certainly may. The only reason why I didn't mention it was because I'm still not certain if we have the numbers. So if you don't mind the uncertainty as we wait, feel free. If you rather be sure we're going forward, you can wait. xD

Eros

I would like to join Caravanserai even if this speed dating event does not come to fruition. If it acceptable I'd like to place Benjamin in the character sheet for the group.

I am brave, I am bruised

Flower

Yaaay!

Feel free to jump into the OOC and post your character sheet here. Everyone is super friendly so don't be shy.

lustfulintentions

I'd like to try and stretch my legs a bit as well. Not that I don't have plenty of stories, but I fear my characters might be bleeding together a bit. So, hat, meet ring.