Space Crew Stranded in Fantasy [Recruitment thread]

Started by Sain, January 12, 2015, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Also: Languages.

How are we going to handle that?

I'm guessing we can sci-fi handwave speaking common because... sci-fi. But what about other languages?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheGlyphstone

Sain

Or the world just conveniently having languages that are the same as in scifi world. It just happens so (probably due to some Reality Drive meddling) that draconian for example is the exact same language as that damn space federation uses for their high society talk.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

TheGlyphstone

For backgrounds...they normally give Proficiencies, Languages, Equipment, and a Feature. We don't get the Equipment or the Feature?

Sain

Nah, equipment is replaced with what you get with the ship, which is quite superior to any starting gear in most ways. The armor is bad, but I think it's fitting if space crashes have to go find some local primitive armor instead of wandering the jungle in their space spandex forever :D The feature I eliminated because I just don't feel like most of them could apply (take scholar for example) and some would diminish my joy from making survival tough (wanderer).

So yeah they give proficiencies and languages only in this.

TheGlyphstone

My big worry is more about weapons. Laser rifles don't make for very good clubs in melee, which is where I'll end up most of the time.

Here's hoping for sturdy tree branches near the crash site?

Sain

Would be somewhat cruel to not give barbarian a branch as a club. I did mention gritty in the opening, but I did not mean WH40k gritty.

rikka

Tentative Kenomimi human (cat) species breakdown, following your advice:
-   Dexterity score increased by 2
-   Wisdom score increased by 1
-   Darkvision 60 feet
-   Keen Sense
-   Keen Senses ā€“ proficiency in Perception skill
-   Fleet of foot ā€“ base speed 35
-   Mask of the wild ā€“ can attempt to hide you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena

It is basically derived from the elf and wood elf traits. Of course this is subject to your approval.  Otherwise Iā€™m fine settling for human.

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Florence

Since you said we can't have more starting weaponry value (aside from what we dig out of the ship I assume) than a dagger, I'm having my ranger start with a Survival Knife, if that's okay, which is just a dagger with a different label stuck on it as far as mechanics are concerned.

I figure someone with that kind of survival training probably makes sure to keep a knife on them.

Would it be reasonable to say she was like... the scouting/survival expert? The one who generally went ahead and scouted things before they sent down the main landing party?

Also, I was thinking in terms of background fluff and whatnot, my character is basically human (stat wise, I'm using human for her), but she's from a colony at basically the fringes of human civilization, which had something of a lack of resources, and often had to scavenge resources from where they could find it. It's resulted in her being a little tougher than most, more in terms of personality than physical capability, though her natural gift for survival training is a testament to the fact that her physical toughness is nothing to laugh at either. She also lacks what many others would consider 'social graces' and is often very direct and to the point.

Also, if its cool with our DM, because I am totally still itching to play a hermaphrodite character after I didn't get to play the last one I made, I'd like to say that the people of her home colony started genetically modifying unborn children in order to compensate for the small population of the colony, due to the fact that new arrivals from other worlds were rare, and the harsh life the people lived meant that untimely death was common. One solution was to broaden the number of potential mates an individual had by making them able to reproduce with either sex.

As for her physical appearance... I'm thinking tanned or olive skin, straight dark hair and eyes, hair kept somewhat short, athletic but curvy build, something like that.

Oh, and as for her name, I'm going with Reva Harel.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Koekje

Are you perhaps still looking for another? Because, like Florence, this made me think of Star Ocean (atleast the one I have for my 360) and I am really digging it!

I'd be rather interested in playing a science officer who then becomes, preferably, a Warlock or a different kind spellcaster.
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Sain

Quote from: rikka on January 14, 2015, 06:43:41 PM
Tentative Kenomimi human (cat) species breakdown.

Looks fine, you got the idea :)

@Florence. Sounds nice so far. Herm characters are fine :P

Quote from: Koekje on January 15, 2015, 04:49:18 AM
Are you perhaps still looking for another? Because, like Florence, this made me think of Star Ocean (atleast the one I have for my 360) and I am really digging it!

I'd be rather interested in playing a science officer who then becomes, preferably, a Warlock or a different kind spellcaster.

I'll just turn this one into recruitment thread now, and yes. Still taking in more people. I can scale this up to 7-8 and then the only limit is that I might start needing a co-GM. I'll put up an OOC-thread and such during Saturday and can will start taking character sheets then.

Science officer sounds fun. I can imagine how frustrating it could be for such person to enter world where some laws of reality just stop.

@la dame en noir. Breathe.

Koekje

Especially when he suddenly starts hearing voices and talking to/summoning demons :D

Physics? Fuck 'em!
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Sain

Okay we've got an OOC thread and I made a fancy fancy character sheet for you.