News:

Main Menu

Short Circuit

Started by Yukina, April 18, 2014, 07:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

So who else had watched this great movie?

Avis habilis

Saw it in the theater, but can't remember anything about it now beyond robot, Steve Guttenberg, & "Oh ... Pittsburgh".

Bliss

"Hey laserlips - yo mama was a snow blower!"
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Yukina

*nods* Number 5 is a fountain of wonderfully hilarious quotes.

"Frankie, you broke the unwritten law. You ratted on your friends. When you do that Frankie, your enemies don't respect you. You got no friends no more. You got nobody, Frankie....Pretty good, huh?"

Oniya

I remember the El DeBarge song from it, particularly.  (And it's now stuck in my head!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

That movie was my childhood.

Yukina

Sabby

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Stella

I haven't seen this since I was really little  - I always get Short Circuit and Batteries Not Included mixed up. I can't ever remember which is which.

Oniya

Batteries Not Included was the one with the little flying robots at the old-folks home.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sasquatch421

Howard: [after Number 5 refuses to return to base] Oh, my God. It's not coming back. We've gotta destroy it.
Crosby: No. Howard, you're overreacting. You can't.
Ben: Look, let us at least try to catch it first.
Crosby: Yeah. We'll panic later. Okay?
Howard: What if you don't catch it? What if it goes out and melts down a busload of nuns?! How would you like to write the headline on that one?!
Ben: Nun soup?
Crosby: BEN! [covers Ben's mouth]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Howard: Hey! Who told you you could take Number 1?!
Crosby: Howard, logically, if we need protection from Number 5, this is the best weapon we could have.
Howard: Great. Great! So, instead of $11,000,000 on the loose, we're gonna have 22.
Ben: And plus, we are needing gas money.

inghippo

QuoteError. Grasshopper disassembled... Re-assemble!

epic!

Xenolord

I. Love. This. Movie. It was my damn childhood.

Kye

One of my favorite movies growing up.

Bliss

<pedant>

Batteries Not Included was in an aging apartment building, not an old folks home. But there were adorable old folks in there. Also, that dude who only spoke in quotations of commercials.

</pedant>

....that movie may be responsible for my unusual interest in tile mosaic art. >.>
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

sleepingferret

Omg.... did someone say Short Circuit.... damn it.... now I'm going to have to find what I did with my copy of this movie lol

Crimson Caine

More the question is who saw the rather crappy sequel.

*raises hand* 

I saw them both... on VHS... Google it.  It was before laser disc... Google it... and DVDs. ;D

The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

sleepingferret

The sequel was ok.... we all of course have seen better sequels, but of course... for a sequel, it could've been better.  But what sequel couldn't have been better?

Avis habilis

Quote from: Crimson Caine on April 20, 2014, 05:20:57 PM
More the question is who saw the rather crappy sequel.

*raises hand* 

I know I did, but damned if I can remember anything at all about it.

Bliss

I loved the sequel.

J5: flipping speedily through The Hounds of Baskerville I think the butler did it. flips the rest of the way to the end Yup, he did!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mathim

It occurs to me that if they're remaking stuff like Robocop, it'd be worth another go for them to go ahead and remake these little not-quite-classics and update them with a touch of 21st century SFX. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised to find they'd already done it and I just never heard about it. Sounds about like what some straight-to-DVD stuff would be.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Bliss

I totally dug how much Wall-E looked like Johnny 5.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Frelance

Quote from: Bliss on April 22, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
I totally dug how much Wall-E looked like Johnny 5.
Ya I enjoyed their resemblance a lot as well.

I need to go watch that movie again. Its been a few years at least since I watched it.
Evolution is an arms race

Bliss

I need to call up my brother so I can call him Derf. It's been a while.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3