Klyton Platoon (UNSC Training, Full)

Started by Frelance, October 23, 2012, 03:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

Even over the sound of the loud orbital elevator starting it’s accent, the trainers and drill sergeants could be heard. The Brachyllas UNSC training facility on Troy was the second toughest facility to graduate from, only beaten by the Hell Jumper program. Its goal was to take green rookies and turn them into warrior marines. Many recruits had washed out because of gruelling exercise routines, Mean trainers, or even because of medical faults. These washouts cleansed the pot of unworthy troops. Those washouts were sent up the orbital elevator to become Navy personnel.

On Base is everything a trainer needs. Weapons, stun rounds, large open fields for trainee abuse. The one thing the base had up on the ODST program was it’s obstacle course. Spanning Five miles the course took 4 hours to cross. The shortest Platoon time was 3 hours and 15 minutes. The shortest single time was 2 hours and fifty eight minutes. Other note worthy places were the large driving track, the long trails around the base, and the stadium where mass amounts of cadets went for combat training. This place was not for the week willed or bodied.

The usual program was 2 years of training before the platoon was stationed.  Every year the top Platoon was chosen;  A prestigious honour, it was always a second year platoon, and almost always was the platoon belonging Sargent Cameron, his platoon was properly named Basilisk platoon. He consistently pumped out hardened privates ready for blood and battle. Basilisk platoon wasn’t the focus this year.

This year we look to Klyton Platoon. This year the platoon has three members witch will change the name of the game. They will be put up against their own platoons in controlled training exercises, week long excursions, and brutal Cyro-freeze drills. The platoon will be pushed to their limits by the IC, Sargent Dorothy Phillips. Over the next half year, nearing the end of their training, they will become Warriors of their own.  First they must work past their own flaws and short comings to graduate at the end of the year. For if they don’t, it will be more then just the platoon’s lives in the balance.

OOC:

So this the game. We start off in Klyton Platoon’s last six months in boot. The platoon would have been together from the beginning, starting with twenty five Recruits in the first year, and being widdled down to 18 Cadets currently. The platoon Sargent is not part of that count. Being in second year, your platoon’s ranks are Cadet 2nd class. A Cadet given Cadet 1st class is the platoon leader, chosen by the sergeant. The leader will be in charge during combat exercises and tours.

If you are not familiar with Halo Lore, do not threat because there isn’t a lot you need to know in this RP, and the stuff you do I’ll be sure to explain to you in game, or out. This game will have a bit of jumping around to skip more boring parts, I’ll try to segment them creatively and inform you of when they are happening. Your character must have one flaw, and one conflict with another character (PC or NPC), and remember that your character is in boot, not on the field being bad ass.

Basic equipment includes: Standard marine armor, marked with Grey stripes to indicate Klyton Platoon, Standard MA5D Assault Rifle, and M6G Personal Defence system (Side arm), helmet board optics that simulate motion trackers, and support coms systems. In certain training scenarios, a kit backpack will be issued for long excursions that have food, water, and other survival items. In special cases, other kit or weaponry like mines, Explosives, or more precision weapons.

This is a small game just four players.

Character sheet
Name:
Excelling point: (Something your character does consistently well.)
Conflict: (Your character must have one or more conflicts with another of the platoon or Base, you may coordinate with other players to make these work, they may be NPC characters.)
(Your character has one or more faults. These are things like medical conditions or compulsions. You may choose to make your Fault public. If not tell me over pm.)
Bio: (Just need a short bio about your character.)
Evolution is an arms race

Baalborn87

I'd like to express my interest in this. do you want a CS in this thread or by PM?

RabbitJanitor

I'm the one who's going to be the GM. Here is fine, PM me with your flaw, ill get started on some other key characters.

Wargtass

O/O

Frelance

Alright we are accepting the first CS that is put up as far as I know.

Wargtass

Character sheet

Name: Lazlo Szàrdy
Appearance: Lazlo possess a rather brawny appearance when compared to his own family. His chin is square, brow and forehead a bit taller and his eyes rather squinty and deep set. His grandfather compared him to the magyar of old, the nomads from the East, and he has set to cultivate that look further.

Excelling point: Bit of a talent with math and navigation, as well as having shown a real knack for slow trajectory weapons like grenade launchers and the like.

Conflict: *I would welcome a suggestion as to what the conflict might be, especially if it can be coordinated with the others. As for the flaw, I think I'll go for something like an addiction or perhaps something that will be a sore thumb to the others.*

Bio: Lazlo is of Hungarian descent and comes from a long line of scientists and philosophers. While his relatives have so far kept him away from his urge to join the UNSC, he was finally able to enlist at the advanced age of 26. He's hoping that he will be able to handle the stress of the military life and secure a career away from his intended path into academic studies. So far, so good.

First draft, a little rough in the edges. Haven't had much to go on since no other characters are available.
O/O

Frelance

Its a good first draft. I am going off the same info you are for making my character. I will have my character up soon and I believe RabbitJanitor is finishing off most of his characters. Anyway I am focusing on a techie character.

Wargtass

More of a heavy/explosive engineer here on this side of the spectrum. Been years since I did anything Halo-related though, so it's going to be exciting to see it in a new light.
O/O

Baalborn87

OK, here goes.

Character sheet
Name: Dominic 'Nic' Vines
Appearance: slim, clean shaven, short dark brown hair.
Excelling point: High aptitude towards ranged weapons. (specifically scoped)
Conflict: Not sure how this should play out. Wargtass if you want to co-op we could try to work something out.
Fault: Self doubt.
Bio: Coming from a long standing military family Dominic was always destined to serve, even if he didn't want to. His Father being a high ranking member of the UNSC always expected him to excel at everything he set for him. Never reaching his lofty goals. The ony thing he seemed to be good at in his youth was during the rifle challenges earning numerous accolades. Not the most physically apt of cadets it was his natural affinity with rifles that brought him to the attention of the programs recruiters. He has achieved high scores on the rifle range but this is offset by low scores in other areas. The ever present shadow of hi sfather judging him all the way.