Project Jormungandr: No Hope, No Escape, No Mercy [Deep Space Survival]

Started by Wykyd, September 14, 2011, 01:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wykyd

"...ships....st...pro...col dir...32...Bi...haz...mons....virus cont...com...down...en...des....won't stop....ev...dead...Don't...not...survi..."

The PTS Aesclepius is one of the newest scientific research vessels in the fleet, one of only five Apollo class ships in service. While most of the research vessels previously in use were repurposed Argus and Mercury class vessels, the Aesclepius is designed as a pure scientific vessel, although its discoveries are intended to advance the military might of the Powers That Be in their imperialistic bid to rule the central human worlds. Equipped with extensive laboratories, the most advanced sensor arrays available, and a full complement of the finest scientific minds in the fleet.

It was rumored that the SLH, the resistance fighters who felt that the PTB were impeding human evolution, had a plan to put a stop to the attrocities the Aesclepius had been built for. It's possible they may have succeeded.

The first mission of the Aesclepius was to retrieve a prototype biological weapon from Research Outpost NA-94, and deliver it for testing to an undisclosed location. The prototype, codenamed 'Project Jormungandr', is the first attempt to develop an advanced soldier using DNA cultivated from Species 2579, known colloquially as the Jotun. It was supposed to be a routine mission. Something went terribly wrong.

Now the hulking beast of a ship floats crippled in space among a field of debris, an ominous garbled message emenating on a low frequency buzz from an unused channel. A handful of survivors hides inside, trying desperately to do just that...survive. Something is hunting them one by one...something monstrous.

Looking for some High-Octane funning, running, and gunning?  Want to take part in a space story, but bored to tears by the typical Space Opera scenario where aliens spend more time making kissy faces than moving the plot?  Feel like traveling at light speed with folks who are probably at least 65% crazy on a good day?

Then look no further than the The Moon Witch, where all your needs for dramatic tension, comic relief, and rampant sci-fi mayhem can be met in equal measure or your money back!  Enlist today and win a free Blaze-brand T-Shirt*, emblazoned with a picture of the raunchy captain herself! 

*Blaze-brand T-Shirts are not guaranteed to every enlistee, and may have been totally fabricated for this advertisement.  We are not in any way responsible for injuries incurred should you wear Blaze-brand T-shirts around the Captain, up to and including broken limbs, loss of teeth, third degree burns, severe scarring, chemical castration, dismemberment, asthma, hurt feelings, diabetes, bad breath, or death.

We are currently recruiting for survivors of the Aesclepius disaster. We are looking for about 15 to 20 people to fill the following positions as survivors:

PTB - The Parliamentary Terran Brotherhood: The imperialistic bureacracy that emerged victorious from the Border Wars, the PTB are the most technologically advanced and ruthless force of law and order in the Galaxy. Like any oversized empire, the PTB is prone to dark deals and corruption, although a great many of the people loyal to the Brotherhood see it as the only means of bringing the light of civilisation to the cold darkness of space.

Scientists
Lab Techs
Soldiers
Command Crew
Engineers

SLH - la Société pour la Liberté Humaine: A grassroots movement made up of hardline loyalists to the Coalition forces defeated in the Border Wars, homegrown anarchists in the PTB sectors, and good old fashioned radical idealists, the SLH takes its inspiration from the revolutionary spirit of ancient Earth. Though they have no real resources to speak of, the seductive ethos of the SLH calls for a destruction of the oppressive governments that retard and corrupt human evolution, and are capable of recruiting from all areas of civilian and government life. It may be possible that a member of the Aesclepius' crew was a saboteur tasked with ending the entire mission.

as well as various other characters as long as they would have reason to be aboard a Military Science Research Vessel. Some of these survivors won't be survivors for long, so if you are looking for a quick but violent story...this may be the place! ***TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR: It is quite possible that a good number of these survivors will die!  Some may die sooner than others...those that live to see their way off the Aesclepius will be inducted into the crew of the continuing Moon Witch story line.***  We expect players to respect their fellow writers and the GMs by putting plenty of effort and creativity into the game. Character spots won't be on a first come, first served basis, and well defined, interesting characters will have a good chance of surviving intact to find their way into the main game. Players won't be punished for writing normal, down to earth characters. Just because they're on a spaceship fighting a bioweapon doesn't mean that they can't be human. Don't be afraid to submit a quiet biologist or a world weary veteran, they've got as much of a fair chance of surviving as a superhuman cyborg hypersoldier. There will be a once a week at least, posting requirement. Feel free to post questions here. Please PM me, Wykyd, with character ideas.

We are also looking for the following replacements for crew members on The Moon Witch:

Navigator. (TAKEN)Female. Young (between 18 and 25)! Idolizes Blaze because the woman rescued her from a slaving vessel bound for a brothel planet. Has been on the Moon Witch for 3 years. Blaze is in the process of teaching her everything she knows and continues to be her mentor and teacher. Wide eyed, smart, the heart of the crew. Innocent, gullible, naïve. Not the best shot with a firearm, infallible assassin with a blade. Having an affair with the Gunner.

Gunner. (TAKEN)Cheeky, red little bastard with a mean streak a mile long if you cross him.  A shock of bright white hair adorns his head and his grey eyes glow strangely.  He’s a wise cracking jack ass with a twisted sense of humor. His people come from a planet in the Hun-Ghar galaxy not affiliated with the Planetary Coalition. His father was an Ambassador to Ben’ Asai – a tid bit not known by the crew of the Moon Witch. He and Blaze served on the same mining vessel, which is how everyone assumes their association began. He’s been running with Blaze longer than any of them and can shoot a KaK charge out of mid-space from 500 yards. He knows more of Blaze’s secrets than anyone.  They’ve never been lovers, but he has been privy to more of her intimate moments than anyone still living. He is the only being that has ever seen her cry. She tells him things she’d never tell another living soul. He has the inside scoop on her true feelings about most everything…including people. He knows most of her secrets…and those he doesn’t, he’s fairly certain he does. And he has never once betrayed her trust…and would die before doing so.  He is the only being alive that knows the truth about Blaze Kincaid, where she comes from and how she ended up here. Blaze knows just as much about him. He has a thing for the navigator.

*NOTE: Anything prior to Gunner's time on the mining vessel will be unknown to anyone but Blaze. His history is not common knowledge to the crew.

Tess Medici. An old aquaintance of Blaze. Has known Blaze for a dozen or so years. Tess has provided shelter - among other things - to Blaze and the crew (both old and new, but before Bowen and Doc were members) of the Witch on occasion. She is used to giving Blaze a last place on earth hideout. The perks far outway any trouble it has usually caused her. A three time widow of more than comfortable means and no current attachments, Tess spends most of her time living in her spacious apartment on the Outlaw Star. She spends her days shopping, gambling, indulging...and her nights carousing indiscriminently. As a result, Tess is rather popular and quite well connected. She is a great assett to the Witch's captain and has done more than Blaze will ever know to keep the little bitch out of trouble.

If you are interested in joining our little slice of hell...please PM Wykyd with your questions or if you would like to play one of these illustrious nere do well's, please submit an application via a Character Sheet (provided below) for consideration. A planned, well thought out character will be worth the time and effort you put into it and will make the experience all the more richer for everyone. Thank you!

Basic Character Sheet for your use:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:

Nicknames:

Role:

Race/Ethnic Background/Nationality:

Height:

Weight/Body Build:

Hair:

Eyes:

Disposition:

Dislikes:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Nervous Habits:

Distinguishing Marks:

Health:

Mental health:

Background:

Xanatos

I might be interested. Do you think there is room for a woman who is basically insane, but is a functional lunatic? I've been hankering to play one as its one of the characters types I don't think I've had the pleasure of playing yet. Not quite sure what role I would play/why she is on the ship. Unless Blaze has room for a crazy woman, willing to do just about anything.

Wykyd

Wykyd

Allright! We have our first vict...errr....Survivor! Still plenty of choice meat bags to choose from for anyone who's interested in taking on big bad space beasties.

Wykyd

ok...clarifications made regarding life expectancy of survivors. We are still have room for several more people if anyone's interested!

Wykyd

Ok...we have some more recruits for survivors! Yeay! We still have room for plenty more. At this point we have all the super soldiers, engineers and loonies we can handle. We still need some more men, scientists, and mentally stable characters.

The role of Gunner has been filled. The role of Navigator is under discussion. The role of Tess is still up for grabs.

For those that have already signed up...I will be posting the IC and OOC threads in this post shortly! Keep your eyes peeled.

Wykyd

As promised....links to the OOC and IC Threads....

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100625.0 - OOC - Please post your character sheets here

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100717.0 - IC - The survivors can begin posting whenever they feel they have an opening. The Moon Witch will be docking with the Aesclepius soon.

Question Mark

I am VERY interested.  I mean, I can't even articulate how much I lOve ths concept because I am on an iPod at the moment.  I will have access to a computer tomorrow, at which point I shall craft a profile.  I'm thinking of making a scientist, someone very convicted in his work and beliefs, whatever they may be.

I love sci-fi.  I love survival horror.  I love space ships.  I have high hopes for this game.  :)

Wykyd

WooHoo! Thanks for your interest...can't wait to see what you come up with.

Wykyd

The role of Navigator has been filled. We are still looking for survivors. Please use the CS in the first post if you would like to submit a character.