Question about images

Started by TexasWarren, August 22, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasWarren

Several posts mention uploading images to the Wiki first. Does this apply if I have my own server for image hosting (Its a domain I own)?

Thank you,

TexasDM

Current Muse Score (0 - 10): 9

Beguile's Mistress

It's advisable to use the Wiki to protect Elliquiy.  If your site is compromised your images may be also. 

You might want to check with Vekseid, our site owner, to see if you have the necessary protections in place to hot link to your images.

TexasWarren

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 22, 2013, 07:50:36 PM
It's advisable to use the Wiki to protect Elliquiy.  If your site is compromised your images may be also. 

You might want to check with Vekseid, our site owner, to see if you have the necessary protections in place to hot link to your images.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will do so.

TexasDM

Current Muse Score (0 - 10): 9

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome and congratulations on you approval.  Welcome to the community.

Vekseid

Anyway, as explained in PM:

The signature limits are because javascript does not load until images do. This means that people linking to broken scripts and such can cause features to break in every thread you've posted in.

If it's limited to only your own posts, in e.g. your own threads or in dedicated image threads, your problems are your own in the former case and people should expect slow loading/issues with special functionality in the latter. Eventually I'll probably load all files to the server, especially if I see more evidence of phishing using said images... but so far have had only one possible case.