10 items or less : item nr 1

Started by Duchess, April 18, 2009, 08:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

I am not one that does watch meaningless movies sometimes but one day I decided to just watch anything that was playing on the TV and I came across this movie 10 items or less. 10 items or less cash register is something I only see on TV; we do not have those on my island because people always stacking up food at the end of the month in a supermarket and never juts buy 10 items. Now I do think why the movie was called that, it does play part in a supermarket and a great deal is about a clerk and an actor doing a research for his next role. In exchange for a ride home, he decided to council her. In one part he ask her is she was standing on the other side of the cash register and had to chose 10 items or less what in her life would those items be? In addition, that gave me the idea to set my priority list of 10 items or less. Only ten 10 things in this world that will make my existence complete. Will I achieve all before my time reach, only god knows, but its worth the try.

As I stand in front of the tired looking clerk, who cant wait for the day to finish and to get of her feet, go home with her children. I managed to dispose of the extra unnecessary items and pass fast through the 10 items or less register instead of standing in the long line at the other counter. First item is very heavy but I managed and will use all my strength to carry it home

1.   Become independent:
I depend too much on other people and find it hard to stand up and do things my self, even considering my age.
Always being cared for and not really given everything but emotional ties has not made it easy for me to stand up and make my own decisions. Being forced to become a grown up and make a grown up decision from so young , still has me thinking what if I had my chance to slowly do it. Would I know better, what is right and what is not? Stop calling my father each time I have a flat tire, or the car stopped. Or if do not have water, light or even cable. When I don’t have any money and his wife gives me the cut eyes? He always told me he will help people that help themselves, yet he still contradict himself and help his spoiled brat. Some does think I’m but when I see what really spoil is on tv and shows I can definitely say I’m not an inch close. I did enjoy getting most stuff fi wanted but I learned when its not possible. Still I have it good compare to most, I live by my self, pay bill and do not ask permission for anything. So why does I have the feeling that I am still attached and unable to decide what I want in life. It your decision he said, your choice. Still I am scared to make the wrong choice and its way easier for him to do it for me. My first item is doing it my self, my choice.