News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: EternityWaits on November 02, 2018, 08:17:41 AM
AH~! It works again! Yay! AND all my settings are still  here, and I don't have to re-do stuff. ....*backs up everything*

Thank you so much for updating it and working on it so quickly. I hadn't realized just how much I had come to rely on the script until it was gone ;A;

You're freakin' awesome Ssieth!

You're most welcome and thank you to everyone for being so patient with what turned out to be quite a tricky little issue.  The irony is that the code library that was at fault really was just to allow the sorting of one table on a function I suspect that few people user (user lists).  With any luck, switching to a more reliable source for that will fix things.

Thanks to the folks who highlighted the virus checker warnings - those were the magic prod that my brain needed to work out what was going on (that and a copious amount of caffeine) :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Gypsy

Thank you, Ssieth. 

Everything seems to be good on my end as well - no longer getting the anti-virus warnings.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Andronica

Works for me! Thanks Sseith, you're the best! :)

Jaclyn

Ssieth, any thought to moving to the open source Violentmonkey? Just curious.

Ssieth

Oh - I've not looked at violentmonkey at all.  Back when I was creating userscripts, the only option was GM and then TM came on the scene and ended up slowly moving to it and haven't really looked since then.  I'll take a poke when I can and see if I can support VM along with TM.

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Sain

Ssieth thank you for keeping this thing updated ;D Thank you. It saves so much trouble to have your script helper!
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Ssieth

Quote from: Jaclyn on November 02, 2018, 09:53:13 AM
Ssieth, any thought to moving to the open source Violentmonkey? Just curious.

Having reviewed the VM API it looks like minimal work to make sure that I support it.  I will begin experimentations at some point soon and let you know :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Ssieth on November 02, 2018, 02:32:21 PM
Having reviewed the VM API it looks like minimal work to make sure that I support it.  I will begin experimentations at some point soon and let you know :)

And some very early experiments with ViolentMonkey in Chrome suggest that the script seems to be working OK :)

Avis habilis

Up & running again. You're a genius as always, Ssieth.

Jaclyn

So in Chrome, ViolentMonkey added. Unable to add Snippets. Back to tampering.

Jaclyn

All my old snippets survived the return to tampering, not that I was unwilling to create new versions.

Flower

Does anyone know how to remove a quick topic that you no longer have access to? I attempted to turn it on and then back off from the settings menu but it did not wipe them.

Nymphadora

In case you are still looking for some help Flower, there is a 'Remove QuickTopic' button in any thread you've made into a QuickTopic. Over on the right side of the top of the thread near where you'd find 'Notify' and 'Mark as read' buttons etc.

:)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Flower

Hmm. I shall give it a go once I'm home.

Ssieth

v1.38.0

OK - first update in a long while....  I'm easing myself back into maintaining/developing the script :)

The "Topic Filters" feature is one that I use to mark RP request topics so that I know I've already looked at them and made some sort of decision.  I had the "mark" option for those which was a general indicator of me having decided "nah, not for me".  The trouble is it didn't give me much indication of what it was that made me think that.  So I've added some more options to help with that -  two new mark types for genre and gender.  I've also added a question option which marks the topic, for me at least, as a "maybe need to look at this again".

I've added an extra styling option for the question type with the new mark types using more or the less the same as the generic mark (with some non-configurable icons).

I'll probably revisit this feature in more detail as I get into the swing of things :)

If anyone has any feedback, happy to have it :)

Nymphadora

Welcome back! Thanks for the update! Still madly in love with the script and frankly feel all flustered when I try to go on E on my phone haha

You are awesome, Ssieth
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Reno

Quote from: Ssieth on February 27, 2019, 05:58:57 AM
The "Topic Filters" feature is one that I use to mark RP request topics so that I know I've already looked at them and made some sort of decision.  I had the "mark" option for those which was a general indicator of me having decided "nah, not for me".  The trouble is it didn't give me much indication of what it was that made me think that.  So I've added some more options to help with that -  two new mark types for genre and gender.  I've also added a question option which marks the topic, for me at least, as a "maybe need to look at this again".

I've added an extra styling option for the question type with the new mark types using more or the less the same as the generic mark (with some non-configurable icons).

Words cannot express how much I love this. Thanks!

Ssieth

Quote from: Reno on February 27, 2019, 02:33:19 PM
Words cannot express how much I love this. Thanks!

You're most welcome.  It's worth noting that we've gone on to v1.38.1 because I introduced a bug or two in v1.38.0

Ritsu

Hey Ssieth~

I think there might be another bug lingering. This one is to do with the Speech styling script. So this post block:

She smiled, the compliment appreciated.  [glow=purple,2,300][color=purple]"Thank you!  I'm so glad that you like it.  We worked really hard on it."[/color][/glow]  Taking a sip of her drink, she gave a friendly smile to the two girls before spotting a familiar crop of copper locks enter the room.  Danika looked amazing, not that she ever looked otherwise.  Amanita was secretly drawn to the older woman, in a way that she hadn’t quite been willing to admit to herself.  She was beautiful, especially with that dusting of freckles across her nose.  Amanita smiled to herself thinking about it.  [glow=purple,2,300][color=purple]“Hey guys.  Glad you could make it.”[/color][/glow]

She laughed at the quip Eva had made regarding the purpose of the night.  She had to admit that the girl with the pink hair was gorgeous.  [glow=purple,2,300][color=purple]“I’m sure you won’t have any problems at all in that regard,”[/color][/glow] she added for good measure.  Turning to Dani, the Hawaiian born latina smiled warmly.  [glow=purple,2,300][color=purple]“Why thank you!  I suppose we could take a tour now before it gets too busy and you can’t find the kitchen.”[/color][/glow]  Her chestnut orbs watched as Dani traced over the flute, causing a light ring to sound.

Should result in something that's either all Purple and Purple Glow, or all Blue and Purple Glow, but instead we get some hybrid. that looks like this:

I can post other examples of it going wonky if it helps debug.

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on March 12, 2019, 03:18:10 PM
Hey Ssieth~

I think there might be another bug lingering. This one is to do with the Speech styling script. So this post block:

This is very weird indeed... what are your settings in the speech styling section of the script settings?

Syene

Great tool! I should have installed this years ago.  ::)

While experimenting with the features I noticed that the background-color topic filters don't do anything. It seems to have something to do with the fact that I'm using one of the alternate themes because when I switch back to the default theme, they start working. Not a big deal since I can easily use wavy, dotted or double text-decoration for my topic filters, but I figured I'd mention it in case it was not already a known issue.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

BlueWrites

I want to give a big thanks for making this script! I was starting to think of modifying one I made a long time ago for a forum to make user notes, and what do you know, it already exists!

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on March 12, 2019, 03:41:25 PM
This is very weird indeed... what are your settings in the speech styling section of the script settings?
On the machine I was testing on the setting was literally just color: blue;

Andronica

Mozilla is experiencing some weirdness and has disabled add-ons - though I don't know if this is happening for every Firefox user.

I'm scouring Reddit for possible fixes so I can get back to using this script/TamperMonkey ASAP. (or I may just switch to Chrome 'til Firefox sorts itself out)