[Dragonsong] High Fantasy Adventure - Dragons & Riders - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, July 05, 2016, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 07, 2016, 03:45:06 PM
Okay,  sounds good.  Do we have an eta on character sheets?  I still needed to hammer out the details of my power set and thing as well.  Who should I talk to, if I have questions on powers?
Either post them here (no doubt others have questions too... and probably the same ones... so this is just helpful to everyone) or send them directly to Elysian Radiance and myself. Elysian and I should be working on our character sheets either today or tomorrow and post them as examples along with the template.

Amelita

Have you decided how many pairs you're going to be seeking for the game?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amelita on July 07, 2016, 03:52:30 PM
Have you decided how many pairs you're going to be seeking for the game?
We have not decided on a set number as of yet.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Tsuunade

Quote from: Amelita on July 07, 2016, 03:30:15 PM
Oh. I've seen her before.

-thinks-

Nadezhda Neyasova

Also, tentatively withdrawing Derek Theler claim.

Claiming Channing Tatum for a dragon, paired with Flower.

Yep, that certainly does look like her.

Aiyanna

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on July 07, 2016, 03:26:44 PM
This is the list of unpaired players we have at the moment. If you still don't have a partner, I would suggest taking a look at this list and PMing someone to try and work out something. Again, keep in mind that you DO NOT have to be romantically/sexually involved with each other. Since we seem to have more dragons than riders, the two that I have marked with asterisks have stated that they can swap to riders if need be. This may be the case, as we have double the dragons to riders.

Riders
Tsuunade
VioletPanda
Thorne

Dragons
Aida Rose
Skyre
Alcandre
Aribeth**
Relikai
Aiyanna**
Quote from: Alcandre on July 06, 2016, 03:25:47 PM
I think I'm drooling a little. Excuse me while I wipe this up real quick...

I'm interested in being a Green Dragon that turns into an elf. So, Lady Dragon here who would be looking for a rider.

Edit: My dragon will be a lesbian. Just fyi for any interested.

Seeing as this is where we sit, I can switch to rider now :) Alcandre, will you have me as your lawfully bonded dragon rider?
(I like your face claim best, XD)
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

PrincelyPup

Well let me put my ideas down.  So my character is entirely magic based and completely useless otherwise, unless it's in the bedroom..Heheheh. but anyways,  his power I think is a bit stronger then the norm,  well.. maybe.  He will have full stats on magic but also be a bit young. He won't be that strong at first but grow and learn quickly.

Minor: Like the Dnd spell alter self.  A real utility spell. If he needs to he can give himself gills,  or anal wings enough to glide down from a fall.  Maybe if he is quick enough strengthen his skin to reduce damage a bit. Or as simple as changing hair color,  having a tall,  or small cosmetic changes.

Minor: Not sure about these minors... maybe a small telekinesis?

Minor: A poket dimension. Basically a portable bag of holding.  Unlimited storage space.  Nothing huge,  but for all those knickknacks he loves to collect.  *demon voice* AND THE TROPHIES OF ALL THE FOOLS WHO DARED OPPOSE HIM! Just kidding lol. 

Major:Crystal-mancy. Like the name, basically the manipulation and creation of diamonds like crystals.  Able to manipulate they're deity and structure even maybe their refraction index to try and reflect things more.  Is mostly going to be defensive like building walls around a campsite,  armor for my dragon,  a big sword,  maybe be able to throw shards? Or for building decoys.  Not game changing but would be semi permenant. Like after a battle the landscape would be covered with broken crystal pillars and shattered crystal statutes that will last for many years or until he dies.  It's going to be his basic main power.  It's really versatile so he could create a tiny necklace for someone with little drain or create a fortress and pass out for several days.  Still trying to figure out the balance.

Major: Some sort of healing.  Not sure if I want to do martyr heading where the wounds must go somewhere,  or since this is a major slot,  it could just be a really strong heal.

Supreme: not really sure... was thinking about maybe some he learns so well, use this as a kind of ability to learn others powers.  Never as strong as the original but an ability to grow his arsenal.  Not sure about this one,  this is mostly what I had to ask about. 

Or this supreme could be like animate life.  In die situations be able to create a bunch of knight statutes with his crystal ability and then animate some of them to fight with his supreme.

So yeah,  need to decide on the minors and supreme still.  What do you guys think?  My rational for the strong majors are because he has max in magic.  So yeah... feel free to comment and give feedback.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Aiyanna on July 07, 2016, 04:36:47 PM
Seeing as this is where we sit, I can switch to rider now :) Alcandre, will you have me as your lawfully bonded dragon rider?

I was the one that suggested it. That woman is beautiful.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Aiyanna

Ideas
O/o's

Alcandre

Quote from: Aiyanna on July 07, 2016, 04:36:47 PM

Be my bonded rider! I would love that!

No innuendo meant...

Eva

Perhaps I am thinking too deeply about this, but what do the Dragons get out of the deal?  They are large immortal creatures and can look Humanoid if they wish.  So other than having this bond, which amounts to possible magical slavery, why do they tolerate it? What do the humans bring to the table?  How does the dynamic really play out?  Does being bonded to the dragon provide any longevity to the Humans?  What happens to one part of the pair if the other dies? 

I'm sure more questions will come to me, and if I missed any of this please point it out to me.  I'm working on my rider now and these questions came up.  Thanks.

PrincelyPup

Quote from: Evangelina on July 07, 2016, 04:50:55 PM
Perhaps I am thinking too deeply about this, but what do the Dragons get out of the deal?  They are large immortal creatures and can look Humanoid if they wish.  So other than having this bond, which amounts to possible magical slavery, why do they tolerate it? What do the humans bring to the table?  How does the dynamic really play out?  Does being bonded to the dragon provide any longevity to the Humans?  What happens to one part of the pair if the other dies? 

I'm sure more questions will come to me, and if I missed any of this please point it out to me.  I'm working on my rider now and these questions came up.  Thanks.

Maybe it has something to do with their power for starters.  They only can achieve their maximum potential with a rider.  Like for example most of my powers are compliments to hers and to support her.  I'm probably weird being submissive to my dragon but still.  Maybe with a rider they believe they can do something more.  Or even is like an unspoken law in the nature of the dragon that they have a need to find their bond mate.

Those are just off the top of my head.  If I really had to,  I could probably come up with a decent argument.  Though it's not really my place as is not my world.

The Dark Raven

I dinnae have time to write more, but please please ping me when you have read-y threads up. :)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aiyanna

Quote from: Alcandre on July 07, 2016, 04:49:47 PM
Be my bonded rider! I would love that!

No innuendo meant...

Woot! Will pm you later when I have a keyboard, or you can PM me now.
Ideas
O/o's

Lindrea

Curious.  This has my attention.  Is there room for more?

I'm thinking about being a Human Rider, with more magic than might.

Tsuunade

I'd like to formally withdraw my interest, Good luck to everyone else involved :).

AribethAmkiir

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 07, 2016, 06:45:26 PM
Well, bugger.  Guess I need to start looking for a partner.
My post on the first page is updated with who is still unpaired for your searching convenience!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

PrincelyPup

No ideas about my powers?  Or are they bad and your figuring a way to kick me out?  Lol. 

Lindrea

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 07, 2016, 06:45:26 PM
Well, bugger.  Guess I need to start looking for a partner.

I have an interest and would need a partner seeing as I didn't bring one myself.  I just need to ponder the character creation bit a little more.  Planning a Human Mage, Rider.  Not much more beyond that yet though.

Wispyr

The Inner Flame
The bond between Dragons and Riders

It's a bond on both a magical and spiritual level; a force that brings two distinctly different souls together and links them. In many ways the experience is like finding ones soul mate. For a rider it grants a companion who can teach them and enable them, it opens opportunity to them unlike anything else that could be naturally achieved. For a dragon, however, it is so much more. The legends of the bond are shrouded in mystery, but there is a universal truth. To have the Inner Flame ignited within you is a sacred honor among the dragons, it elevates them to a whole different social standing. It is said that the Inner Flame is fueled by breath of life given to the world by Mu, of the Sky - the first dragon.

• Bonded individuals may telepathically communicate across any distance with their partner; this communication does not allow for transmission of senses or inherit knowledge of the other, rather pure communication.
  • Riders of the bond have their lives enriched by the essence of their draconic counterpart, enabling them to live longer natural lives; bonded Humans have been known to live upwards of 250 years, while Elves climb to closer to 1000.
  • Both Riders & Dragons are empowered by the Inner Flame; while it is not 'supernatural' they are stronger, faster and more resilient then others of their kin. They're given an edge, so to speak. Further those bonded never fear natural illness - no rider has ever been grounded due to a cold.
  • Once sparked the Inner Flame can not be quelled outside of death of one half of the bond. In such cases the remaining half is not out right killed however it is a fairly traumatic experience to have part of oneself, essentially, obliterated. This often leads to great bouts of depression or self imposed exile.
  • For the dragon, to have their Inner Flame ignited is quite the honor and triggers a very primal sense of fulfillment within them. More importantly the dragons are able to do more with this bond; to have the Inner Flame is the first step on the draconic path of ascension - the details of this are largely hazy, but it is a fairly big deal within their culture to have it (though that does not mean that everyone who has it particularly is glad that they got it).

What do the Dragons get out of the deal?
Hopefully this is cleared up in the section about the bond itself. For the dragons it's a path to something more - they are immortal beings, but to become greater then they are, to unlock the true secrets of themselves is something only attainable by having the Inner Flame. This is, actually, a subject I hope to touch on during game play itself.

How does the dynamic really play out?
This is largely something that is unique to each rider pair. How one Dragon Rider and their companion handle and work together is usually going to be very different then how another set does it. Typically - though it has been known to take years to work out - they come to some sort of agreement, since they are more or less stuck with one another, about how to handle their situation. While it's possible in some cases this is out right domination - one way or the other - it is far more typical for some sort of partnership to be formed.

No one wants to say this will happen, but what happens if during game play a player leaves. What happens to the bonded person?
This is, unfortunately, a reality of group games. It's particularly difficult given the nature of this game and how important pairs are. However we are prepared to handle this. In such cases there is an in character precident for new bonds being formed between one half of a previously bonded pair and someone new who does not yet have a bond. Unfortunately there's no good way to get around the traumatic experience for the character left... But in such a case we will address it then and handle it in a way that is most appropriate at the time. Suffice to say we have methods of making sure someone is not left behind, and if it does come up there are a number of options we're prepared to offer to ensure the remaining player isn't just out right shafted.

Wispyr

Quote from: Lindrea on July 07, 2016, 05:22:35 PM
Curious.  This has my attention.  Is there room for more?
We're still accepting interest, yes.

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 07, 2016, 06:50:21 PM
No ideas about my powers?  Or are they bad and your figuring a way to kick me out?  Lol. 
Haha, no worries Daemon! I just haven't had a chance to get their yet. I'll come back with some feed back ASAP, promise.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on July 07, 2016, 05:02:08 PM
I dinnae have time to write more, but please please ping me when you have read-y threads up. :)
Absolutely I can do this!

Quote from: Evangelina on July 07, 2016, 07:03:45 PM
Thank you, that was incredibly helpful.
Very glad!

Edit: Added a poll so I can prioritize creation of... things! Please cast your votes.

Aiyanna

I need to change my face claim! Plotting has demanded a new look. Instead, I claim her, though I can't find a name. If someone knows, that would be awesome.
Ideas
O/o's

Lithium

Quote from: Aiyanna on July 07, 2016, 07:18:55 PM
I need to change my face claim! Plotting has demanded a new look. Instead, I claim her, though I can't find a name. If someone knows, that would be awesome.

Rutina Wesley :)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory