Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZameRagues

Do whatever seems more fun and if she survives to higher levels then you can do both.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 21, 2018, 11:32:54 AM
Meh, makes sense, but it'd likely be easier from here on to simply reply to everyone in a single post, but that's just me and my opinion.  :D  That aside, an OOC would still be greatly appreciated, but otherwise I rather like what I'm seeing so far.

Lol and poor Zeyen.  Someone needs to help the poor beholder open doors apparently.  That actually gives me an idea though.  True, we're all vying for our Queen's attention, but there's nothing that says us Overlords have to go this alone.  If anyone wants to partner up with Zaria, I'm all for it.

I'm up for that kind of idea Vergil. It will be interesting to say the least.

Vergil1989

Cool.  :D  I'll be looking forward to seeing what ol Sess is capable of then LH.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Conundrum

Hmm, I am still undecided on which Overlord I will go with, I am leaning kobold, does any adventurers have any preferences for what kind of dungeon they would like to try?
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Ampere

I was quite taken with Oak - especially the trap-heavy nature of his dungeon and the threat of being made into a part of the dungeon if caught.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 21, 2018, 02:52:49 PM
Cool.  :D  I'll be looking forward to seeing what ol Sess is capable of then LH.

Indeed, and I look forward to what our young succubus has in mind.

vin26m

NSFW

Skwish
Overlord

Skwish was once a powerful mind flayer arcanist.  Like other illithids, he has subjugated and warped humanoid slaves while hatching evil plots.  Unlike other illithids, he chosed to supplement his psionic power with arcane spells. 

For engaging in this taboo, his own kind regarded him as a deviant and shunned him. 
However, Skwish's experiments with humanoid sexuality as a means to fuel his psionic and arcane abilities (and satisfying his increasingly kinky lust) led to other mind flayers not only shunning him, but absorbing his experience.

Now, Skwish is but a shadow of his former self, but he sees this as only a setback for what he has confirmed in his own mind.

Skills - Arcana, Deception, Insight, Perception, Persuasion, Stealth

Magic Resistance - The mind flayer has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Innate spellcasting (Psionics) - Intelligence, spell save DC 15, can innately cast with no components:
At will - detect thoughts, levitate
1/day each- dominate monster, planeshift (self only)

Actions -
Tentacles.
Extract Brain.
Mind Blast.

Spellcasting -
Cantrips (at will) - mage hand, minor illusion, shocking grasp
1st level spells (X slots) - detect magic, disguise self, shield, sleep

I post every 2-3 days.

I'm okay with all the O/O, but for me it's more about what the players of the adventurer's want to happen to their characters.  I'm definitely looking for some mind-related stuff, like stealing memories, doing awful things to create awful memories, and corrupting innocence.  I'm also looking for forced sex and tentacle action.

I would also have Skwish control some thralls such as orcs.

Vergil1989

TENTACLES!  Lol seriously, a corrupt illithid?  That's a pretty nice idea Vin.  ;D

And heh, sounds like a date LH!
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Laughing Hyena

Is that what you call subjecting heroines to horribly lewd fates? ^_^

Aenon

Finally done going through the adventurer char sheets that are posted here.

Ampere - Bridget Fletcher: OK (I assume expertise on thieves tools?)
Rikka - Koga: Ok
Roleplay Frog - Dagmar Ironfist: You should have 1+wisdom spells prepared
Roleplay Frog - Trick or Treat: frostbite cant be taken with spell sniper. Also you need 3 more skills (3 from bard, 2 from background, plus 3 instruments)
ZameRagues - the group: I'll check the warlock patron later, but should be ok. Pretty strong party right there.
TheLaughingOne - Tiltania: Did you roll the stats? Also your AC should be 13 (10+con+dex)
Kathyan - Dimsie: Ok
Kathyan - Anuka Brima: dex and con are +2 but otherwise ok
Kathyan - Puss: ok
Hamadryad - Bree: You have 2 more spells to prepare, otherwise ok

OOC thread
I will edit here a link with the adventurer's tavern later

Vin26m nice concept, the dominate monster is a bit too strong, but we will have to discuss what we can do  :P

I didn't make multiple posts because by the time I had finished typing the first one one of you had posted the next one, and I didn't know when I would have to leave irl so I just posted them. That happened between every post :P Also because I didn't want to cause any confusion about which imp is talking to whom (but like w/e). In the future when replying to multiple posts I'll make just one reply, no worries.

Ampere

Yes, sorry, missed that - yes, one skill and thieves tools for expertise
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

TheLaughingOne

Aenon, I did, though i dont know how to Send them beyond just pming a link to them.. which i also forgot to do as well, will send the rolls!

And the AC was a typo, my bad..

Also! Vin!! You wanna hide that piccy under a spoiler as this is pg section of board!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Roleplay Frog

I keep forgetting which edition does which.. more spells for the dorf!

Totally forgot the skills though.  I wanted to be cute with the feats, but if you dun like it, I'll just grab boring but useful blademastery, characters updated.

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Aenon

vin26m

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 21, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
TENTACLES!  Lol seriously, a corrupt illithid?  That's a pretty nice idea Vin.  ;D

Thanks!

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on November 21, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
Aenon, I did, though i dont know how to Send them beyond just pming a link to them.. which i also forgot to do as well, will send the rolls!

And the AC was a typo, my bad..

Also! Vin!! You wanna hide that piccy under a spoiler as this is pg section of board!

Done.

Quote from: Aenon on November 21, 2018, 03:54:45 PM
Vin26m nice concept, the dominate monster is a bit too strong, but we will have to discuss what we can do  :P

I copied, pasted and paraphrased from the Monster Manual, but I'm good with whatever, even dumping it completely.

Aenon

For anyone not watching the other threads, there is now an IC thread for the Adventurers. (Links in the first post)

Update on how things are going: Mostly done with the char sheets, I just need to organize them a bit. This means I will soon be able to post more about the game instead of the char sheets :P

As always, suggestions are welcome (and if somehow I have forgotten you, PM me)

Chulanowa

Alright, finally have some free time to put all these garbage characters together  :D. For the overlord I basically went with a reskinned orc, and it looks to be CR 1/2

Overlord: Bekka-Borga
Names: Bekka Bunbun and Borga Bonecrunsh (yes, crunsch)
Race: Half-Ettin
History: According to legend, Ettins were originally orcs. They're often found in hte company of orcs. So are half-orcs at times. Which is all you need to know about Bekka-Borga's parentage. Smarter (by a degree) and more personable (by a great deal) than her snarling tribemates, one would think Bekka-Borga could rise to the head of the tribe... unfortunately, genetics givith, and they taketh away; bekka-Borga actually stopped growing (in height, at least) and ended up at about half theh eight of the other ettins. As a result, she was the runt and got all the shit jobs, including throwing away the garbage left from mashed adventurers. However, one such smushcake had been a wizard, and Clever Bekka (as well as somewhat less-clever Borga) noticed he used his book to somehow cast his spells! She snuck away with the book before it could be used as firewood, and decided to teach herself magic. She'd show them! It even seems to have worked, somewhat.

AC: 13 (piecemeal scrap metal armor that mostly protect Borga's side of their body)
HP: 38 (5d8+15)
Speed: 30ft
STR 16 (+3), DEX 10 (+0), CON 16 (+3), INT 8 (-1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 14
Skills: Athletics +5, Perception +2, Arcana +1
Senses: Darkvision, Passive perception 12

Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Two Heads, Lesser: The half-Ettin has advantage on wisdom (Perception) checks and on saving throws against being blinded, deafened, and knocked unconscious. (The normal two headed ability also grants advantage vs. charmed, frightened, and stunned)

Spellcasting: The Half-Ettin is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (Spell cave DC 12, +5 to hit with spell attacks.) The Half-Ettin knows the following Sorcerer spells

Cantrips (at-will): Gust, Green Flame Blade, Prestidigitation
1st level (2 slots): Expeditious Retreat, Magic Missile

ACTIONS
Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 feet, one target. Hit: 9 (2d6+3) bashing damage

Adventurer: Renny Poeuff
Name: Rennauld Pouff of Launtaine
Race:
Lupin (chien)
Lupin
   Originally hailing from the Savage Coast region of a world called Mystara, the canine Lupin have since spread to many other worlds. Though their features range from almost-elven to nearly fully animal, they all have features similar to canines, and regard themselves as one large family. They are as diverse as humans, and their people can be found in wild packs hunting distant steppes, as well as managing shops in great cities.
   Though they regard themselves as a single people and mingle freely, there are three great "bloodlines" to the lupin. The Rufus are slender and feral, and are most commonly found as roaming bands in the wilderness. The powerful Loup tend to be more isolationist and have a history of building their own kingdoms. The Chien are hte most outgoing and mingle with other races.

ABILITY SCORE INCREASE
   • Your Constitution score increases by 1
   • Lupin mature at the same rate as humans, and have roughly the same lifespans.
ALIGNMENT
   • Lupin society strongly centers loyalty to the pack, family, or organization, and they tend to be lawful neutral.
SIZE
   • Lupin range from between five and seven feet tall and weigh between 250 and 250 pounds; your size is medium.
SPEED
   • Your base walking speed is 30 feet
CANINE SENSES
   • You gain proficiency with the Perception skill and gain advantage on Intelligence (Investigation) checks utilizing your sense of smell.
TENACIOUS
   • You gain a bonus equal to half of your proficiency bonus to Constitution saving throws
LANGUAGES
   • You can speak, read, and write common and Lupine. Lupine is a subtle language of chuffs, barks and growls supplemented with body and sign language; its written form uses the Elvish script.

Subrace: CHIEN
   The so-called "civilized" lupin resemble dogs (though not any particular or identifiable breed of dog) and are gregarious and well-skilled.
ABILITY SCORE INCREASE
   • Your Charisma score increases by 2
URBAN VERSATILITY
   • Choose one of the following; you gain proficiency with two skills; you know a single cantrip from the Cleric spell list; you gain proficiency with one martial weapon; you gain proficiency with one artisan's tool; you gain two additional languages.

Class: Paladin of Sune
background: Knight of the Order

Description: Renny is a slender young man with shaggy sandy-brown hair and big blue eyes; what catches most people's attention are his fluffy tail, somewhat long, loppy dog ears, and padded nose, thoughh. He wears minimal armor, usually the rare male equivalent of a "chainmail bikini" - the sash over his chest bearing heraldry of the Order of the Ruby Rose might explain why; champions of Sune have no reason to not display their body, after all! he carries an air of earnestness and innocence to him though, and is always eager to help further the cause of good, joy, and cute fashions.

Backstory: Renny's family has a long history with the temple of Sune; specifically they are professional temple guards. He always aspired to follow in their pawsteps, but there was just one snag; family tradition was that only women were ever ordained into the temple! This wasn't so much of a tradition as a fact; for some reason the Goddess simply never came to males in the family. nevertheless, Renny did his best to make the cut... To no avail. Oh, he could be a lay temple attendant (and his initiation as such involved laying a few temple attendants...) but that wasn't enough. Maybe it was pride, but he would never say as much. he sought the goddess in solitary meditation in a corner of the temple gardens, and after a day of fasting and communing, success! ...Sort of. Sune did not bless him with divine magics, but he did hear her voice whispering to take her cause to the lands beyond the temple. The heads of the priesthood inducted him into the order of the Ruby Rose shortly thereafter (with more laying of the temple attendants) and he set out for Adventure™ the next morning!

Posting Rate: 2-3 /week tends to be smoothest for me.
O/O's: Not seeing any problems with the base list. Do dislike blood / torture in sex and body horror though, so keep in mind. Renny likes cuddles, giving oral, and knotting his partners. he dislikes getting slime in his hair, being tickled, and logic puzzles.

Character Sheet
Abilities (point buy) STR 14 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 15 (+2), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 16 (+3)
Save Proficiencies: Wisdom (+2), Charisma (+5)
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics (+4), History (+1), Religion (+1), Perception (+2), Performance (+5)
Other Proficiencies: All Simple and Martial weapons, Shields, All Armor, Musicla Instrument (Lyre)

Features & Traits
• Keen Senses (Proficient in the Perception skill; gains advantage on Intelligence (Investigation) checks when using his sense of smell)
• Tenacious (Adds half his proficiency bonus to his constitution saves)
• Urban Versatility (Knows the Cleric Cantrip: Word of Radiance)
• Knightly Regard (Receives aid and shelter from order of the ruby Rose and those sympathetic to the order)
• Divine Sense (see Paladin entry)
• Lay on Hands (See paladin entry)

Equipment
Longsword, shield, 5x Javelins, chain mail bikini, holy symbol of Sune, traveler's clothes, sash displaying the order's heraldry, priest's pack, pouch containing to GP

Adventurer: Jancey Tavilidal
Name: Jancey Tavilidal
Race: Tiefling (Descendant of Glasya variant (Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes))
Class: Rogue
Background: Guild Artisan (Baker / Innkeeper)

Description: Most people notice two very big things about Jancey, right up front; her bubbly personality and her backwards-recurving horns. This tiefling has fair lavender skin dotted with the occasional darker violet freckles. Her horns share this violet hue, darkening almost to black at their curved tips. Her thick hair is jet black, and she ties it back in a riotous ponytail just to keep it out of the way. Her pointed canines, long barbed tail, and sharply-pointed ears complete the set. Her figure is generously endowed, a fact that she has no problem with letting others notice with her fondness for open-top blouses, snug lather trousers, and a tendency towards wriggling whenever she gets impatient with something.
Background: Most people expect Tieflings to be scions of dark cults, or wandering loners, or something of the like. Jancey though, is a baker. Sure she started as a street waif, but when she was very young she was adopted by an innkeeper. She grew up sweeping floors and swiping pies, and was perfectly comfortable. Then HE showed up. Sir Robilliard Merrick IV, the young heroic noble from the next town over, with his band of adventurers. Jancey was lovestruck from the get-go, and when they left to explore the nearby ruins in the Blackstump swamp, she got the notion to follow. Had it not been for her quick work with a thrown frying pan, it's likely that Sir Merrick would have been eaten by that bullywug! Still he and his company didn't appreciate it too much; they gave her a small cut for her help (Merrick being an honorable man) and told her to shoo off. Heartbroken, she did... but now she had the adventuring bug, and soon set out on her own.

Posting Rate: 2-3 / week tends to be smoothest for me.
O/O's: Not seeing any problems with the base list. Do dislike blood / torture in sex and body horror though, so keep in mind. Jancey herself is flirty and a bit exhibitionist, but has actually never had sex. She can affirm that horns are not erogenous zones though, so don't waste your time with those. She remains mum on the subject of tails.

Character Sheet
(Note: I rolled jancey's stats; 24d6,
broken into groups of 4
5, 4, 4*, 5, = 14
5, 2*, 5, 3, = 13
3, 4, 4, 3*, = 11
4*, 5, 6, 5, = 17
4, 6, 6, 2*, = 16
5, 6, 1*, 3, = 14
, dropping the lowest from each.)
Abilities: STR 11 (+0), DEX 18 (+4), CON 14 (+2), INT 16 (+3), WIS 13 (+1), CHA 16 (+3)
Save Proficiencies: Dexterity (+6), Intelligence (+5)
Skill Proficiencies: Sleight of Hand (+8), Stealth (+6), Insight (+3), Deception (+5), Performance (+5), Persuasion (+7)
Other Proficiencies: Simple weapons, hand crossbow, longsword, shortsword, rapier, light armor, theives' tools, cook's utensils.

Features & Traits
• Ability Bonuses (Descendant of Glasya tieflings replace the normal tiefling bonuses with +1 Dex and +2 Cha)
• Darkvision
• Hellish Resistance (Resistance vs. Fire damage)
• Legacy of Malbolge (At level 1, she knows the Minor Illusion cantrip. At level 3, she learns Disguise Self 1/long rest. at level 5, she learns Invisibility 1/long rest. Charisma is the spellcasting ability for these spells)
• Guild Membership (Can count on the local Hosteler's Guild for aid, so long as she pays the 5gp/mo membership dues)
• Expertise (Doubles her Proficiency Bonus for Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) and Charisma (Persuasion) checks)
• Sneak Attack (Can add 1d6 to one attack under advantageous conditions)
• Thieves Cant (Can communicate secretly via coded language, signs, and markers with others who know the cant)

Equipment
Short Sword, Shortbow, quiver w/20 arrows, 2x daggers, leather armor, thieves' tools, cook's utensils, traveler's clothes, letter of reccomendation fro mthe guild, burglar's pack, belt pouch w/ 20 GP

Brittlby

We’re definitely Overlord heavy. I don’t mind making another couple of adventurers if we need it, but are we pairing them or throwing them in different dungeons?
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Roleplay Frog

given that one player made a group of four and there were no complaints about my twins.. which I do not plan on seperating there ought to be no problem... ^^

Brittlby

No one’s kicking you in the cloaca, frog! I’m just checking on my end to see if I wanted to throw a paired set of maybe hoplite style duellists myself or if it was better for the dm if I split up entrees so more overlords got to play.

O/O

ZameRagues

Quite a few of us have made multiple characters. I don't know if group made by the same person will stay though, I may have made a full group but they may not stay together depending on the GM.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Roleplay Frog

Aenon

The problem with 1 person playing all the PCs, is perfect tactics :P If you can avoid going into full Sun Tzu mode (or if the Overlord wants a challenge) there shouldn't be a problem however.

Roleplay Frog

Dang it, you shouldn't have said that..

*Is now tempted making a four people party lead by a great strategist, that'll use perfect strategy at all times, unless the leader is somehow incapacitated, in which case they'll go into beginner-gamer hit things dead tactics.*