WWII Noir F/F Drama.

Started by Chrystal, September 11, 2016, 11:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

I have tried writing this before, in various guises and it has always, in the past, got bogged down in a sex scene, or ended up going in some random direction I didn't anticipate.

And then this morning, ITV4 was showing Casablanca and I just happened to randomly catch the start of it and watch it all the way through. Great movie with some classic lines.

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine!"
"Here's looking at you kid"
"You know what I want to hear. You played it for her, you can play it for me. If she can stand it so can I. Play it Sam!" (NOTE: Rick never actually says "Play it again Sam", that is a misquote!)
"If you don't get on that plane, you'll regret it. Maybe not to day, maybe not tomorrow, but some day soon, and for the rest of your life!"
"We'll always have Paris".

And, the closing line of the movie, "I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship!"

Oh and not forgetting the wonderfully poignant scene where the Germans are singing some patriotic German song, and Victor Laszlo goes to the band and tells them to play The Marseillaise and the entire bar starts singing it and drowns the Germans out...

Anyway, the wonderful romantic story set against the backdrop of unoccupied French North Africa, with it's tension and danger and Rick's sacrifice of giving up his bar and his woman, and the French policeman ultimately choosing to side with the good guys...  Well it brought all of the desires back.

So here's what I'm after:

I want to write a story about a British spy, a female member of SOE, who is dropped into occupied Europe in 1940 or 41. It can be in France, it can be in The Netherlands, it can be in Norway or Denmark, it can be Greece or Yugoslavia (the latter would be 1941). I would play the SOE agent.

Her mission is to contact the local resistance people, blend in with the locals, establish communications between SOE and the resistance, act as liaison between the local resistance cell and the British military, arrange for supply drops, coordinate commando and/or bombing raids and ensure that the resistance are hitting targets that will actually hinder the German war effort rather than just doing what they feel like.

Obviously this is a very dangerous job.

Her love interest can be one of three options:

1) A female member of the resistance who is the head of the resistance cell.
2) A civilian woman who is the widow of the head of the resistance, who helps the SOE agent
3) ... And this one is the least likely and most difficult to make work, but probably the most fun ...  A Wehrmachtshelferinnen who happens to fall for the SOE agent, and unwittingly provides intelligence to the resistance.

Please note: if you want to play a German woman, I will insist on you either using a picture of her in civilian clothes, a picture in a realistic Wehrmachtshelferinnen uniform, or no picture at all. I will not work with pictures like this!

What takes place, where, when and how, is totally dependent upon the country, the year and on which character option you choose.

If you REALLY want to play the SOE agent, then please be convincing!

The player I want for this has got to have an interest in World War Two, and must be female (lady or female liege). Please be willing to move the story forward, be willing to discuss the story via PM and if necessary edit your posts - I will do you the same courtesy of changing my posts if there is something you don't like. You must be capable posting at least 300 words at a time, be reasonably proficient in English and able to use a spelling checker. If you happen to be able to speak French/German/Norwegian/Greek/Serbo-Croat, great, but you don't have to as the RP will be written in English.

And, as I already indicated, you must have an interest in World War Two.

If you are interested in this, please send me a PM with the abbreviation "WWII" somewhere in the heading, and with your preference for country, year and your character.

PMs that say "I love your idea" will receive a reply, "Which one?" PMs that do not give me your preferences for the options here will get a reply "So what are your preferences?" PMs from male characters will recieve a polite but firm request that you read my O/O page.

Thanks for reading.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Bumping this as the other player seems to have dropped the story.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!