News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Of Angels and Demons ~ Interest Check

Started by LimitlessNikkie, August 10, 2013, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

The end of days has come and gone. God has visited his wrath upon his beloved children and now only a handful of humans are left. The strongest of men, the bravest, the survivor have been allowed to live to try once more like Noah and his family to see if human can once more rise up to meet the challenges they are faced with.

But the almighty didn't anticipate lucifer's rise with mankind's fall. The fallen angels once loyal to the almighty now only to the lightbearer rose up like a swarm of locusts wearing human faces and weilding inhuman powers set to sway those few left away from their lord. Angered God free the angels of heaven to battle those dark angels and demons of hell.

War raged and many parished man caught in the cross fire died. It was Lillith the first wife of Adam and lover of Lucifer that brought the two head strong men to one table. It was there they agreed once more to no outright fighting. The war would be won by the humans by whom they chose to follow and neither God nor the devil could step in.

The fighting ended but not the influance nor the private " duels " between those of the dark and those of the light. Each battled with wit and cunning, conviction of purpose to sway the humans. There prosperity, thief lived depended on it.

So basically that's the story in a nut shell. Wanted to see if anyone was interested in this.

Ambie

interested in playing an angel...any more info?

RainyHigh

I am interested? Would players play only as humans or any of the three races? Also is there a more specific plot/setting idea in my mind. Like is this gonna be in one city, one certain group and against a another? Or more of a worldly thing where players are basically battling anyone and everyone?
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Veluux

Extremely interested in this. I'm working on a series of novels with a very similar setting, so this would be invaluable experience for that project. I'd be highly interested to play on either end of the war, human or angel. Very awesome concept. I hope this goes into live recruitment!

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

arkhos

Sounds intriguing, especially if I could play a bad guy!

But even if I can't, the idea as a whole sounds great!

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Angelicant

I was just in the process of writing up a story idea involving a war between heaven and hell based on the InNomine rpg when I came across this interest thread, this is an idea that appeals to me, and I would be very interested in a game such as this. What a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing!
❤ Want to know more about me, please check out my links above. ❤

LimitlessNikkie

First off thank you everyone for the interest. There would be roles open for humans, angels of heaven, and the fallen (either demons or angels) but I want to have a ratio of two humans for every one angel and fallen to keep things somewhat even. The world is a burned out waste land with few habitable places left so the setting would be I was thinking in a large burned out city.

As for charcacter arch type info (angel, demon, human) id like to keep it based somewhat in reality (or the stories at least) human are humans and have no powers but can be skilled if you can in your history explain that knowledge and please don't go over board. Demons and angels can be either fabricated or based on one from myth but remember every being has flaws and weaknesses. If interest continues I'll put up a bio skeleton to be filled out.

Veluux

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 10, 2013, 10:44:04 PM
First off thank you everyone for the interest. There would be roles open for humans, angels of heaven, and the fallen (either demons or angels) but I want to have a ratio of two humans for every one angel and fallen to keep things somewhat even. The world is a burned out waste land with few habitable places left so the setting would be I was thinking in a large burned out city.

As for charcacter arch type info (angel, demon, human) id like to keep it based somewhat in reality (or the stories at least) human are humans and have no powers but can be skilled if you can in your history explain that knowledge and please don't go over board. Demons and angels can be either fabricated or based on one from myth but remember every being has flaws and weaknesses. If interest continues I'll put up a bio skeleton to be filled out.

Sounds good. I'm up for filling whatever roles the others aren't into, so hopefully that will help with the ratio by at least one person.

Ambie

I'm still floating between the idea of human that straddles both sides and an angel that just barely keeps her status due to her "activities" between demons and humans...

Can't wait for this to start moving though.

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Ambie on August 11, 2013, 04:23:04 PM
I'm still floating between the idea of human that straddles both sides and an angel that just barely keeps her status due to her "activities" between demons and humans...

Can't wait for this to start moving though.

I want to keep modivation for the characters crystalline. If your any angel of God your modivation is solely for the good of God and the fallen for that of lucifer. Your actions are your own but the creatures modivation are unchanging. Angels lack free will this is a gift the all mighty gifted human alone hence why the fighting over the humans loyalty.

And a side note lucifer and the fallen think their action (defying God) are in gods best interest. They are making humanity earn God love. They believe humans to be undeserving.

Faustus

If an individual would be interested in playing, say, an Archangel (Raphael, Michael, Raziel, etc) or one of the High Demons (think at Sin-Level : Leviathan, Asmodeus, and so on) would this be possible? Or should characters be based loosely on these mythical counterparts while not actually embodying them?

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Faustus on August 11, 2013, 11:39:18 PM
If an individual would be interested in playing, say, an Archangel (Raphael, Michael, Raziel, etc) or one of the High Demons (think at Sin-Level : Leviathan, Asmodeus, and so on) would this be possible? Or should characters be based loosely on these mythical counterparts while not actually embodying them?

You can play as either as you desire. If you decide to play one of the arch types directly when the character bio is written I might have a touch of input just because I will require ever character have a weakness of some sort and while I'm familier with most of the possibilities I don't proclain to be an expert on the subject certainly not enough so to know each ones weakness.

Angelicant

Nikkie, this is an amazing idea, and I am very excited for this to get started as well.

Faustus

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 12, 2013, 01:40:40 AM
You can play as either as you desire. If you decide to play one of the arch types directly when the character bio is written I might have a touch of input just because I will require ever character have a weakness of some sort and while I'm familier with most of the possibilities I don't proclain to be an expert on the subject certainly not enough so to know each ones weakness.

Awesome. Should I choose to do this when the idea gets going I will love working directly with you. I'm deeply involved in Angel/Demonology and would be happy to give you ideas for weaknesses!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

LimitlessNikkie

I'm so glad there's some interest. If I could get a loose pole on what everyone want to play that would be great and give me something to work with. Also if you want to play duel characters one has to be human.

arkhos

I'd prefer to play a Fallen, but if there were already enough of those, then I'd be happy with a human. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Veluux

I'd play a human and maybe one angel of whichever side is needed.

WingedServant

Hey Nikki! Long time no see.

This is right up my alley. If there are still spots for angels of the lightside persuassion, I'd like to throw my strength in with them.

I've tried the cookies from the darkside... And I wasn't impressed. :)

LimitlessNikkie

I'm planning on playing a fallen and a human. So right now it looks like this:

Fallen: 1-2
Humans: 2-3
Angels: 1

WingedServant

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 12, 2013, 04:32:45 PM
I'm planning on playing a fallen and a human. So right now it looks like this:

Fallen: 1-2
Humans: 2-3
Angels: 1

*Wing looks up at the teams and sees himself alone on his side*<NERD> "Yeah! I've always wanted to fight a desperate battle against incredible odds'
</NERD>

Angelicant

I would like to play as an Angel, a secondary character, yes of course would be human. This was a toss up for me, but the angelic side one out.

Outsider

I am interested in playing one of the Fallen! Very cool idea. I have recently started something like this as a 1on1 but am interested to see how a group game could develop!

LimitlessNikkie

Yay starting to get excited about this!!

Fallen: 2-3
Humans: 3-4
Angels: 2

Veluux

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 12, 2013, 09:52:46 PM
Yay starting to get excited about this!!

Angels: 2

Human for sure for me. And probably a good angel to balance things out against the baddies.

LimitlessNikkie

Wednesday I'll be putting up the character bios to he filled out so start thinking about ideas people and if you know anyone who might be interested by all means invite them. The more the merrier.

Angels: 3