[Blog Series]Miss Marguerite & The City - Day 63

Started by Marguerite, October 19, 2009, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Oct 18th [63] - I'm A Sucker For Clearance Sales...

Too many stores. Too little time. I went grocery shopping with the familia, hurrying to grab the items I needed before I drove back to San Francisco. With winter looming upon us, the dark seeps into the world a lot faster. Last Sunday, I left the house around 5 with the sun still shining in the sky but once I hit Oakland and it was nearing 7 o' clock, it was pitch black. I do not enjoy driving at night because of the glare of lights and how easily one can get into an accident if someone does not turn on their headlights. Thankfully, I have not had the displeasure of being in a car accident but the familia has a few years back and two more afterwords. The first accident nearly rendered my grandmother an invalid and she had three steel bolts placed in her ankles, knees and thighs to hold the metal in place to give her back a semblance of walking. The bolts and metal were her 'friends' for three years before her bone healed enough and the therapy helped in giving her back her legs. While the accident eight years back was horrible, it warns me to be very careful of any sort of accident.

I am not immortal and unless there really is a Bill Compton or an Eric to make me into an 'offspring' I will have to suffice with my mortality. Even then if there is such a person like Eric from True Blood out there in the world, I would constantly be fighting with those two over my freedom and will power. Still, never a bad thing to think about with what is happening in the world now. The weather tells me of rain in the afternoon and since I do not plan to skip my three hour class (no matter how much I want to but I rather not make up for it with a huge make up packet), I need to bundle up for the rain. With the shopping, I went in search of rain boots but alas nothing is in my size, color or price range. The rain boots on display in a few stores are foul looking but I did pick up two 'vampire' in cheek t-shirts with one saying, 'I Kissed A Vampire And I Liked It', while the other, 'I'm A Sucker For Vampires' on sale for seven dollars each. In this economy, saving money is an important thing.

The time with familia on Sunday is short and unforgiving. There are many things I want to pack in on the weekends with familia but I know things come up. The good thing is I will be back on Thursday because I have no school this coming Friday or Monday. That means I will be in San Francisco for four days, it would have been three but I have a Open House with the parents of the kids I will be assisting two days a week. By next week, my two months of training will be complete and I will be in the classroom with the children. The group of females I have been assigned to aid in the children have become friends as well. I have worked with various people but usually I never see them on a day to day basis. With the group of six females and I it was a new experience since I rarely hang around females. I find myself befriending females who are older than me rather than around the same age range. This time, with the females a few months apart from me, it was nice to chat with them and I even revealed my polyamorous lifestyle.

Unlike the roommates who wondered if I was nuts, instead the group of females asked me question upon question, curious to know as much as they could in the three hours we had for the team planning meetings. There was no judgment or disgust but curiosity and openness. Always an awe inspiring thing to see and I plan to help out one of the females in the group by giving her a ride to one of the towns close to the familia in the Valley. It will be an interesting conversation for the two of us on the two hour ride and since I am unaware of the roads where she lives, she will get a chance to meet the familia because I asked Faja to help drive her to see her family as well.

With the whole day fluttered away in shopping, packing my things in the car and waving goodbye to the familia, I drove back to San Francisco. The trips usually bore me because I hate the driving to anything because I am an impatient female in those things. When I drive, I want to get to where I want to go right away and will curse if there are red lights or slow drivers. At least I have my music and blue tooth to talk to a friend to keep me from going over the speed limit or honk at a group at Hell's Angel. I accidentally insulted one and almost had him take me back to his place and...

Tell you more about that one the next time around. I am tired, enjoying the rest of my night and will see you next time.

Miss Margueite & The City

P.S. I do love comments.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You