Final Fantasy Alpha: Recruitment [Original System, Chapter-run, Small Group 6/8]

Started by TheBlackThrone, May 09, 2021, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

While it would be cool that there's a constant war and etc etc, I'll just switch locations. The Path Walkers are amazing warriors but they'd be outnumbered by Fruit Eaters and just a far larger and more organized army.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 11, 2021, 08:37:41 PM
While it would be cool that there's a constant war and etc etc, I'll just switch locations. The Path Walkers are amazing warriors but they'd be outnumbered by Fruit Eaters and just a far larger and more organized army.

I like the colloquial name that is developing for those kinds of beings. "Fruit Eaters" XD
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 11, 2021, 08:43:54 PM
I like the colloquial name that is developing for those kinds of beings. "Fruit Eaters" XD

Hahaha yeah it's all fun and games and then one of em snaps their fingers and you get hit with a triple Blizzaga.

Also I edited it so that Vajraana is south of Ramduna since there's a big patch of dirt and desert down there. And a convenient mountain range too.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 11, 2021, 08:48:51 PM
Hahaha yeah it's all fun and games and then one of em snaps their fingers and you get hit with a triple Blizzaga.

Also I edited it so that Vajraana is south of Ramduna since there's a big patch of dirt and desert down there. And a convenient mountain range too.

Your character is approved. You can move his sheet over.
The gates are open

Wolfling72

No worries. I'll fix it. Dancer is what I want so I'll add magic and drop skills. I must have looked at the job classes incorrectly.

She has been fixed

Here is the link to the OG sheet-with everything recalculated and the weapon of choice updated as well as the spell included.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Juggtacular

Sye

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wolfling72 on May 11, 2021, 09:04:39 PM
No worries. I'll fix it. Dancer is what I want so I'll add magic and drop skills. I must have looked at the job classes incorrectly.

She has been fixed

Here is the link to the OG sheet-with everything recalculated and the weapon of choice updated as well as the spell included.

You have her being a kleptomaniac. Stealing is an actual skill in this game and requires luck. The thief classes are the only ones who start with luck. She won't be able to attempt to steal anything without that skill. I would just look at her weaknesses again.

In this game, the thief classes are: Thief, Ninja, and Gambler.
The gates are open

Wolfling72

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on May 12, 2021, 09:11:30 AM
You have her being a kleptomaniac. Stealing is an actual skill in this game and requires luck. The thief classes are the only ones who start with luck. She won't be able to attempt to steal anything without that skill. I would just look at her weaknesses again.

I will just remove it altogether.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Zaer Darkwail

As a general curious question; how the world, especially Caerduja, views espers? Are there places where they are revered or even feared/driven out?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 12, 2021, 10:19:41 AM
As a general curious question; how the world, especially Caerduja, views espers? Are there places where they are revered or even feared/driven out?

Nobody knows that Espers exist. They view them just like the fruit-eaters. No one would know that they were created differently (except the Esper's parents).
The gates are open

Wired Rabbit

I’m also assuming that the Esper’s don’t know of each other, either? As far as they know, their parents are the only parents who used a fruit for a child?

Shy will just be amazed at all the other tall people in Caerduja haha
Howdy! I'm Rabbit. I'm a fictional enthusiast.
Posts Owed: 2.
Active Characters: 0.
Response Rate: 2-5 Days.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wolfling72 on May 12, 2021, 09:30:40 AM
I will just remove it altogether.

Your CS is approved and can be moved to the character thread.

I'll be back in several hours to get the OOC started.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on May 12, 2021, 10:30:18 AM
I’m also assuming that the Esper’s don’t know of each other, either? As far as they know, their parents are the only parents who used a fruit for a child?

Shy will just be amazed at all the other tall people in Caerduja haha

They can know each other if you collab with another writer to know each other. But again, there isn't a scientific distinction between Espers and fruit-eaters. The world literally doesn't know they exist because no one is doing the research about it. The only difference was how they came to exist. Espers are rare. Because not everyone thinks to wish on the fruit in that manner. They usually just know the fruit can grant whatever greedy wish they want, and they eat the fruit to gain that power.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Avernale

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Avernale on May 13, 2021, 11:57:02 PM
If you're still recruiting, I'm considering Shiva or Fenrir.

I'm going to be recruiting until I get 8 approved CSes. I am only giving the reserves 14 days to send me a CS because I do not want the game to be held up by reservations. Once you narrow down a summon and occupation, let me know.

I also want to add if any prospective player is interested in the paladin role, it is open. I am just the GM. I plan to be the last one approved. If anyone wants the occupation or summon I chose, it is up for grabs. I just have a CS here in the case nobody wants it. It is not a problem for me to make a new CS.
The gates are open

Green Goo Theory

In that case, were you simply wanting that specific class role filled in the group and used yourself as a fallback for it? 
Coming soon...

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on May 15, 2021, 11:25:35 AM
In that case, were you simply wanting that specific class role filled in the group and used yourself as a fallback for it?

I'm not going to decide that. I'm just the GM. How you guys build your party is how you guys do it. I'm just a filler.
The gates are open

Sye

Basic Information

Character Name: Alanis Etienam
Nickname: Dawn
Alias: Watcher
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 143
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Light hazel with gold flecks

Esper:Seraph

Element: Holy

General Appearance: Looking past those white wings that adorn her back can gaze upon a young woman with medium-length curly-corkscrew hair upon a medium frame. Her dark skin is unblemished with full lips, big round eyes, and a Nubian nose upon a square face. Her build is toned, hard and soft in the right places, and wears clothes that are usually form-fitting up top while loose around the waist or hips. Her hands are strong, yet delicate with some callouses from her weapons training, outdoor activities, and labor. Around those long-lashed, hazel eyes are cerise-colored markings from the inner canthus and around the eyelid with five dots (from part lid to under the eye). The markings give off a luminescent glow when she uses her magic, as does her hair and the wings. Many describing and comparing it to watching a sunrise as the colors of pink, yellow, purple, and red could be seen.

Personality: Alanis seems to have the reputation for being pensive, detached, and a bit reserved just because of the way holds herself. She's a daydreamer, imaginative, and curious, always watching and observing others. Usually acting as a mediator or the voice of reason. Some may say that she is a moral compass which makes her uncomfortable because everyone's morals are their own. While she enjoys socializing and being around others, she can be overwhelmed and will have to separate herself. There are times that these situations are taken wrong, but for her, she is just trying to decompress since there is a difference between joining and watching. One is less draining if one needs a clue.

That said, she is level-headed, objective, open-minded, passionate (about subjects she enjoys), and is willing to lend a helping hand. The way Alanis shows she cares is usually through actions rather than using words since words can be broken and be used in lies. To her, it is what one doesn't say that speaks volumes. Actions are louder than words and it defines a person since she has seen "good" people be nothing but rats and those that are seen as "bad" being gentle souls.

Strengths: Sometimes nothing is harder nor easier than giving the benefit of the doubt. Alanis knows that perception and misunderstandings happen especially when negative emotions such as sadness, anger, or sorrow cloud the mind and the eyes perceive everything as an attack. Whether the trust is misplaced, one can never know until the moment happens. While it is easy to become cynical after being disappointed, Alanis still believes in the good in people and believes that perhaps if life was different then they could have picked a better path.

Weaknesses: Kindness and mercy are a double-edged sword that can borderline on naivety and wishful thinking. When is too much leniency given before a blade strikes another? While violence isn't Alanis's go-to right away, her hope for those to see the error in their ways comes at a price whether it is herself or others getting hurt; someone perishes over a decision of "good faith" which is a hard weight to carry. So despite this trait being both her strength and weakness, it is learning the fine balance between the two to make sound judgment and understanding the nature of others.

Religion: The Timekeepers (Known to work with Temples of Ultima)

Backstory:

Ramduna. The Kitchen City or the Place of Feast as her town called it. A place where food and luxury were abundant but would swallow those in the ways of gluttony.

About a one-week journey to the East, on the other side of the mountains, resided a small coastal town called Cochavan. A place of simple living with everyone pulling their weight and pooling resources to ensure that they all thrive. Some believing that those who wished to get away from the sins of Ramduna and the fruits that many coveted. Others saying that the people who created the town just wanted a fresh start in a new place.

For Akesh and Kora Etienam, a fisherman and sailmaker, this was the life they chose after they ran away together and got married. Deciding that a fresh start in a new place was for them and they were happy. Though they would have been happier if Kora could be with child, alas, it wasn't meant to be. They tried for years but upon reaching their 40's they have decided that it was time to give up. That they should instead be grateful for what they currently have.

It wasn't until a great storm one night that had the residents prepare their homes and neighbors for the impending winds, rain, and waves that could come.  Akesh and the other fisherman were tying off their boats the best they could, merchants and travelers helping as well when one of the youngest merchant sons fell into the chaotic dark water. Without thinking, Akesh dove into the water to get them.

They were thought dead when they didn't emerge from the watery depths when someone saw a hand rise out of the water. The two men were quickly saved and with everything tied down, they all took shelter. The merchant and his sons going to the Etienam home and prayed that they survive the night.

Morning came and while the home would need some work done, they survived.  The merchant couldn't thank the man enough and said that a child is a priceless gift that no amount of money can ever buy. So he offered them something that he was sure they would use wisely. A fruit from The World Altar. There were many things that the middle-aged couple could have asked for. Anything. However, there was one thing that they desired more than anything and as the merchant said, a child was a priceless gift.

The fruit and Ultima granted their deepest desire of having a child when the fruit took shape of a pair of wings that soon revealed a female child. At first, they were confused then overcome with joy for what they truly wished for has come true. They had a child of their own whom they named Alanis for she was precious.

Growing up, Alanis always felt different. It wasn't because of the wings that she bore on her back nor was it her appearance. She simply felt like there was something out there. A higher calling that she didn't yet understand waiting for her. That every time the sun rose, it seemed to beckon to her to come. To fly away just over the horizon though her family and friends always kept her home where it was safe.

By age 14 is when her world changed around her. A tsunami came in unexpectedly and destroyed their small town. Many were either dead or missing, her parents perishing as they told her to fly as high as she could before they were swept away.

Hearing about the disaster, some have come to give aid, such as Ramduna, but requested gil that they didn't have. There were talks about rebuilding but to rebuild required funds and labor that seemed impossible to get. The only ones who seemed to have given any compassion were those who served in the churches of the Quartet and Timekeepers who offered to take in orphans to ensure that mouths were fed. Alanis, no orphaned, left what was left of her home since there was no one truly there for her anymore.

The years go by and while her physical appearance and natural leanings have shown Alanis that Ultima should be her main patron, she decided that following the Timekeeper's teachings suited her best. Their manuscript was simple and didn't force her to walk down a path that she wasn't sure of. It gave her the freedom to choose the life she lived without worshipping and begging for miracles from a God/Goddess. After all, where were they when the tsunami came? All it showed her was that everyone had a clock for mortality and when the time has come it was time to go.

What brings Alanis to Caerduja is, funny enough, not the Grand Tournament since she was there simply exploring the city with some of her comrades and Paladins. While the prize for winning would make many clamor to join, for her, she wishes to pit her might against others. Calling it a learning experience and if there was some off chance she won then she will deal with it then.

Equipment & Stats

Weapon
Weapon Name: Longsword
Type: Sword
Tier:Green
Material: Wood
Bonus(es): +2 PA/MA, +4MP

Armor Basic armor
Description: The armor has seen better days but is still well taken care of despite random dents here and there.
Tier: Green
Material: Wood
Bonus(es): +2 PD/MD, +3 HP

Accessory 1:
Tier:
Accessory 2:
Tier:

Tier: Green
Level: 1/10
HP: (Mage) 8
MP: (Mage) 14
Physical Attack: (Mage) 7
Physical Defense: (Mage) 7
Magic Attack: (Mage) 12
Magic Defense: (Mage) 12
Luck: 0
XP: 0/10

Skill
1) Spell Name: Retribution: The markings around Alanis's eyes begin to glow as well as the gold flecks within her eyes as she imbues her weapon with holy light to strike her foe.
Base: Climhazzard (+5 PA)
Tier: Green (5MP)

Magic
1) Spell Name: Radiance: With the flourishing of Alanis's wings, the light she emits heals one ally.
Base: Cure (+5 HP)
Tier: Green (5MP)

Items
1) Potion
2) 50 Gil
3) Tent

TheBlackThrone

There have been some rearranging of occupations. White Mage is now open for play.
The gates are open

Terian

I'm a bit interested?  But none of the Jobs on the table really jump out at me...

Kinda, like, what I'm interested in is going Alexander but then a heavily armored ranged class for the whole "Basically a horrifyingly powerful magic artillery platform", so I'm a bit at a loss.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I think for Alexander you could go for Gunner? Nothing prevents take pic idea of a heavily armored gunner.

Terian

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Terian on May 16, 2021, 05:54:42 PM
Hmm, I suppose that could work, yeah.

I'm still waiting for the reservists to finish their CSes. They have until 22 April, so if you want to wait to see if they actually finish their work, then that will save you some creative energy. Unless you think you can get a CS up and approved before then. But before posting here, your last activity was August of last year and that concerns me. If you're going to be one of those people who regularly vanish, then this may not be the game for you because I want to recruit people who plan to be active in this game. I would really be disappointed in myself if I recruited someone who goes inactive for 30 days (since that is the limit) because that is a wasted slot.
The gates are open