The Legend of Saffron Stronghold II [Vampires Win]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 19, 2011, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

In childhood stories the appearance of the vampire has been well known for ages. Now, these stories have taken a strange turn as the Estate Residents of Saffron Stronghold have just witnessed a horrifying event. The Keeper of the Estate, Sir Morgan was heard giving one final blood curdling scream only hours earlier. When the Resident's found their beloved friend, the bite marks on his neck offered the chance for whispers to run through the crowd and frightened glances to be exchanged among the group. Only moments later as if to confirm the suspicions were true, a drop of blood fell from the ceiling into the white carpet below.

Upon notice of the drop, everyone looked up to see a bat nestled in the rafters, lengthly fangs covered in blood. Sir Morgan lay dead on the floor, white as a ghost. The life's blood drained right out of his body. No one dared to whisper to the words, but they all knew... vampires.

The guests are now faced with the fear of their death being next, during the night. The first concern must be to elect a new Estate Keeper and then begin trying to deduce who could be responsible for such a heinous crime. The one thing the Resident's are sure of, is that the killer, or killers are among them. No one has entered or left the Estate Grounds for three days. The doors have been sealed and none shall enter or exit until either the monster's have been eliminated... or there's no one left.

Let the game begin.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow - Human
  • Darque Devil
  • EvilEye
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite - Priest
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Ty
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Angel
  • Doctor
  • Humans x3-4
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
  • Thief

Rundown
Day 1
undisclosedtoyou was voted Estate Keeper.
Night 1
The Vampires took care of EvilEye's blood.
Day 2
Lynched the Suite Owner, Darque Devil.
Night 2
No one died.
Day 3
Lynched Ty, the Doctor.
Night 3
Remiel, the Angel, was left soaking in the remainders of his own blood.
Day 4
The group voted to remove ClockworkShadow. She was proven innocent by Marguerite, the Priestess.
Night 4
Izu was killed by the Vampires.
Day 5
Moirae, a Suie Owner was removed from the game.
Night 5
Marguerite, the Priest was killed by the Vampires.
Day 6

If you would like a piece for your signature, follow the following codes:

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116877.0][img width=137 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d8/SaffronStronghold2.jpg[/img][/url][/float]
You can change it from floatleft to floatright if you'd like it on the right side of your signature instead.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Your role PMs will arrive once everything has been sorted out with role distribution and contacting the Thief among you. ;)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Everyone should have received their role now. Those who got the 'Estate Resident', my bad. The role title is "Suite Owner".

Don't be shy, step right on up and submit your votes!
Us against the world

Aiden

Some might think early in the morning was a terrible time to start drinking or puff lazily on a cigar but after the discovery in the morning nothing would calm his nerves like a stiff drink and an exotic smoke.

The elegantly dressed man came down and took a seat, eying everyone in the room.
"Undisclosedtoyou will make a good Estate Keeper."

Remiel

"Sure, why not.  I'll second that--undisclosedtoyou for Estate Keeper."

Ty

Nervously brushing his wavy hair from his face, the young man chuckled drily. "There is a humour in having my vote be undisclosedtoyou when we are voting so publicly. So I will go along with the trend so far. Heh."

ClockworkShadow

She wasn't with the others.  She'd never been one much for drinking alcohol, or smoking, and her way of calming down as to go for a walk in the gardens, while cradling a mug of hot, honey-sweetened tea.  Good Sir Morgan... panic would not encourage the rest that his soul deserved, nor would it aid any of them in their self preservation.

She felt a sort of coldly logical realization settle upon her, feeling akin to the hand-knitted shawl that she always wore over her shoulders.

Her hazel eyes had settled, for now, into a murky, olive green shade, and her jaw was grimly set.  Having reached the wrought-iron bench in the middle of the garden, she cradled her tea closer and sank down to rest thereupon.  A passing wind chortled by, fluffing at her shoulderblade-length, auburn hair like a kitten would play with a ball of string.  She raised a hand to brush her hair back out of her face, distractedly, and furrowed her brow.

Someone had to fill Sir Morgan's shoes, but whoever the elected might also be facing an equally-gruesome death sentence.  She'd heard whispers about Undisclosedtoyou being the popular choice, and she'd found herself fond of the young lady in recent times.  On the one hand, despite her shattered trust in everyone right now, she knew that 'Dis' would be a strong, stable individual despite the crisis.  They needed that, but...

No.  She must not base her decision upon who she was more afraid to potentially guide to their sacrificial altar.  They were all in danger, after all.  "I'm sorry, 'Dis'," she very-softly whispered, "this is for all of us."

With that, she rose from the bench and meandered her way back to where most of everyone were gathered.  There, she would cast her vote for Undisclosedtoyou, as well.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Autumn Sativus

Miss Saffron wandered among them, mingling quietly, offering a hug or a pat on the shoulder for those who were taking the death hard. It was not an easy one, Sir Morgan had been well loved among the small community built within the walls of the Stronghold. With gentle ease, she made her way through the crowd collecting the votes for who her Resident's would like to see as their new Estate Keeper. Someone to act on their behalf.

Votes
  • [5]Undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden, Remiel, Ty, ClockworkShadow, Kendra)
  • [3]Valerian - (Undisclosedtoyou, Izu, Moirae)
  • [3]Moirae - (Valerian, Marguerite, Ryven)
  • [1]Aiden - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Azhdeen)

Players Yet To Vote
EvilEye
Us against the world

Valerian

Val was deeply uneasy at this news, in more ways than one.  Things had been so pleasant, so comfortable, so safe before, for so long, and now this.  Everything was changing, and none of it for the better.

Still, perhaps they would find an Estate Keeper who would be just as skilled and well-liked as Sir Morgan, in their own way; and they might yet find their way safely through this crisis.  "I am sure that Undisclosedtoyou will make a fine Keeper," she said, quietly, finding her way to her favorite chair.  "But perhaps Moirae might also do a good job."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

undisclosedtoyou

The petite young woman sat heavily in her seat, her eyes round in shock, as her small hands gripped tightly onto the fragile crystal tumbler that carried within it brandy.  Given in a bid to calm her distraught nerves, undisturbed, except for the one small sip she had taken when it was first handed to her.  Her still shocked gaze swept through the room as people cast their vote on who should be the next Keeper, and the slight tremble in her lips revealed that she hadn't expected to be submitted as a choice.  Nodding, one hand came down and gripped determinately at the fabric of her dress, even as her voice wavered in it's courage. 

"Although I think Moirae is very capable of wearing a mantle that was worn so well by Sir. Morgan, and as honored as I would be, I believe Valerian should be the new Keeper."
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kendra

The dark russet hair fell about her shoulders, disheveled and slightly bleary eyed from the ungodly hour that all had been up examining the body as if they were medics and detectives. Kendra had taken a seat on a vintage leather armchair, it's lion head arm rests seeming to protect her from whatever had got to the old man. She was still dressed in her short black dress but her heels had slowly made their way to the floor as her feet curled up beneath her. She watched every one though her eyes returned time and again to where the body had been found. Already there was talk of filling Sir Morgan's shoes and she thought it utterly morbid but it did have to be done. Better to get it out of the way perhaps. It didn't really matter to her who got the position, but what if the next keeper wound up the same way as Sir Morgan? A few had voted for dis and Kendra hoped the same fate didn't befall her but knew she'd feel terribly guilty if it did.
"Undisclosedtoyou gets my vote".

Marguerite

Marguerite narrowed her eyes at the voting and put her vote in for Moirae to shuffle the votes up a bit but she would hope those voted in would work to help out the group.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Izu

What a horrible day was today. He looked around and sighed as he listened to his friends and fellow residents voting for a new estate keeper. He did believe that they should have waited for a little time to morn the poor Sir Morgan, but then again with a death like that... they did need a keeper as soon as possible. "I'll put my vote for the dear Valerian." He said after clearing his throat and sighing. What a horrible day...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Ryven

Ryven entered later that evening, his hair damp from the shower.  He wore casual attire of a navy silk button up shirt and a pair of faded jeans.  "I hear Sir Morgan is no longer with us.  How unfortunate.  I say Moirae should take his place."  He said before making his way over to a large stocked bar in the room.

"Can I interest anyone in a drink?  I find my nerves are going to need one before the night is over," he said and began to prepare himself a mixture of citrus and vodka.

Darque Devil

Leaning against the wall fedora hat covering his face in brimmed shadows was Darque and he was being his usual anti-social self, when suddenly the eyes turned towards him awaiting a vote on the next in his opinion go die.... A smirk popped just before he raised his hand go lift his brim upward to make eye contact... His first thought was to pick himself but better judgment would be to just go with the flow... And pick someone you hate...

"aiden would be the perfect choice without a doubt... Just look at him. " he'd be lucky if anyone bit on that foolish idea, but Darque didn't stick around long enough to find out whipping around the corner and out the nearest exit and up the stairs.

desert ashes

Moirae smiled politely to those who had cast a vote in hir name and then said, "Thank you, but I think Valerian would do an excellent job."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Azhdeen

The shock of finding Sir Morgan dead with a vampire hanging over him has left him in a state of shock. He wanders away to regain his bearings for a moment taking deep breaths. As he comes back to an awareness of his surroundings he hears the discussion and sighs knowing that the vote is a necessary task.

He turns back to the group and looks them all over wondering who would be best for the role of Keeper. He doesn't know any of them or their strengths when his eyes alight on one of the ladies. Deciding that one person might be as good as another he cast his vote at random. "I vote for Kendra"

Autumn Sativus

We will be moving on tomorrow with or without the final vote.

If anyone wants to change their vote, now is the time to do so.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The people had spoken. They wished Undisclosedtoyou to be the new Estate Keeper, to hopefully fill the shoes that Sir Morgan had left behind in his untimely death. The whispers were all hopes that Undisclosedtoyou would not see the same fate as poor Sir Morgan. With the votes collected, less one missing Resident, night was beginning to fall upon Saffron Stronghold once again. And the hopes through the Resident's were for a restful sleep, not involving anymore unexplained deaths. Miss Saffron advised that all Resident's take caution in their beds this evening and alert the others at any sign of danger or suspicious activity.

Final Votes
  • [5]Undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden, Remiel, Ty, ClockworkShadow, Kendra)
  • [3]Valerian - (Undisclosedtoyou, Izu, Moirae)
  • [3]Moirae - (Valerian, Marguerite, Ryven)
  • [1]Aiden - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Azhdeen)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The night passed quietly and nothing was noticed until breakfast time when the Resident's gathered around the long table and began conversing. It was not until Miss Saffron arrived that it was pointed out that EvilEye was missing. After conducting a thorough search of the estate, it was discovered that EvilEye had been dragged from her bed in the middle of the night and out into the garden. The body lay on the steps leading out of the lounge to the entrance of the garden, two bloody bite marks in her neck.

It was only another moment before the bat was pointed out again, bloody faced and snorting as the group looked down at the second fallen Resident. "Something must be done!" Miss Saffron announced to the group. "We will vote. One of us must leave and we must hope that we do not fail to remove the threat." She looked to her Resident's and hurried off to ensure that the body of the Suite Owner would rest well. Such a horrible death to follow the first.

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Darque Devil
  • EvilEye
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Ty
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Angel
  • Doctor
  • Humans x6-7
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
  • Thief
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

The blood had fled from her features, but not for the same reasons as the unfortunate EvilEye.  Looking as pale as Death itself, she'd watched - in a quiet ill of ease - as the bat had cleaned itself, then flapped off, over the main building's roof, while seeming very self-satisfied.

Trying her best to put up a stoic and strong exterior, she let her eyes dance over the rest of the gathered group.  She pointed at one in particular who looked a bit more fidgety than the others, and growled in a low, shaking voice, "And where were you last night, Izu?"

The judgemental accusation, tinged with just a hint of the gut-churning fear that she felt, was clear in her voice.  She let her flashing, hazel eyes pass over the group one more time in a challenging manner, then she spun upon the ball of her right foot and stalked away... presumably to find some tea.

A/A

o_O

Darque Devil

The sudden screams could be heard in the garden from his seat at the breakfast table... while everyone got up to look around and follow the blood trail, I on the other hand took this perfect opportunity to catch up on the hunger that had me tossing and turning all night long. "I love a mid-night snack but... this is the breakfast of champions right here..." looking up to see that the dinning room had completely cleared, he shrugged and reached over to take a healthy helping of seconds...then thirds. " sounds like some of you lost your appetite, oh well".

Corn Muffin in hand and coffee to match he made his way out to where the accusations where being tossed around. A curious brow was raised before the words crept from his lips. " Let he without sin throw the first stone, and yet you stand here slinging boulders... where were you last night ClockworkShadow?"

Ryven

He emerged from the kitchen with an assortment of muffins in a large basket to feed the masses that had gathered at the estate once more.  Ryven hadn't been in the room but thirty seconds before accusations began to fly.  With a heavy sigh, he set the basket down on the table and took a clean mug to fetch himself some coffee.

"I wouldn't take any of this personally right now.  I doubt anyone has any solid evidence as to who actually murdered our dear friend.  Still, it would be nice to know exactly what Kendra was doing last night, hmm?"  He said as he stirred his coffee.

undisclosedtoyou

Another death; it was enough to really worry her.  One death was unusual, but two, and to be found in such a way, really made her on edge.  Her soft brown eyes traveled over the room, stopping lightly on each person present, and wondering if any one of them could have been responsible for this horrifying chain of events.  The speculations and suspicious questions going around passed over her, and she laid the back of her hand against the warm skin of her forehead, the cool touch helping to ground her.

"I agree with Ryven, we can't know for sure until we've heard from everyone, and I think we should start with Ty." 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

desert ashes

It really was a guessing game at this point.  Moirae's eyes swept over the assembled lots before shi gave a small shrug and said, "Darque Devil.  I'm sorry, it's nothing against you, but suspicion needs to start somewhere."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Though Val had not voted for her, she still had hopes that undisclosedtoyou would prove to be a good leader for them all in these dark, frightening times.  And, since it was all guesses and hunches at this point anyway, their new Estate Keeper's suggestion was as good a one as any.  Ty might be the best place to start, and she chimed in her vote quietly, listening uneasily as the speculation continued.  There were so few clues, yet there was no choice -- they had to try to find the evil lurking among them.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ty

Spluttering and coughing Ty was in shock. "Wh--What? How can you think I.. I? I think we have much more reason to be worried about Darque Devil!" He got himself a cup of tea and slumped into an armchair. "This is all ridiculous! Madness!"

Autumn Sativus

Votes

• [5]Darque Devil - (Moirae, Ty, Marg, Remiel, Kendra)
  • [2]Ty - (undisclosedtoyou, Valerian)
  • [2]Izu - (ClockworkShadow, Aiden)
  • [1]Aiden - (Izu)
  • [1]ClockworkShadow - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet To Vote:
Azhdeen

Votes are due within the next 12 hours. I will have to advance the game at that point.
I will be going for a four day vacation tomorrow morning and I do not know how my internet availability will be. I am bringing my laptop but may not be online much as there are many better things for me to make use of! (IE; Hotel Pool, Hotel Bed, Hot Tub, Shopping, Good-Eats, Major Convention, etc.)
Us against the world

Marguerite

Aiden

"I do not trust the meek ones personally, Izu, what have you been up to late at night"

Remiel

Remiel had his own suspicions, but for now he decided follow the majority in voting for Darque Devil.

Izu

"What? I did nothing wrong!" Izu frowned when he heard that he was being blamed for this horrible murder. He looked at Aiden and rolled his eyes. "Porn, of course. What else? Like you are not addicted to it too." He sighed and shook his head. "I'm innocent, I assure you of this. And I am not meek. I'm human and like such I feel bad when people that I've known are being killed. If you call this 'meek'.... then I think it is you Aiden, who might be cruel enough to kill another one of us."

Kendra

It was awful, the sight of those punctured marks; first Sir Morgan and now EvilEye. Kendra shuddered to think who would be next and turned disgusted when every one began blaming one another. She put her hands over her ears for a moment as if to drown the sound out but it was useless. Finally she stomped her heeled foot as she glared at everyone.
"Another person has just been killed and you are all acting like ... like ... ooooohh!" her temper got the better of her and she clenched her fists, words failing her for a moment. She wanted to stamp her foot again but that would have been beyond childish so instead she pointed her finger and went from one to the other singing a little ditty ...

"Eeny meeny miny mo, catch a tiger ..." by the time she finished her finger was pointing directly at Darque Devil, "what?" she asked the others incredulously, "at least I used some methodical approach instead of just guess work."

Autumn Sativus

As Ahzdeen has not logged in for the past two days and mentioned during the last vote that he was having computer troubles, I am going to go ahead and advance the story.

Final Votes

• [5]Darque Devil - (Moirae, Ty, Marg, Remiel, Kendra)
  • [2]Ty - (undisclosedtoyou, Valerian)
  • [2]Izu - (ClockworkShadow, Aiden)
  • [1]Aiden - (Izu)
  • [1]ClockworkShadow - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Ryven)

It is decided among the group that it is Darque Devil who must be responsible for the horrible murders occuring in the Stronghold. Lady Saffron's men escort the man outside with his belongings and there are faint sounds of a struggle. The sounds that had come from outside were followed by a loud crack and a thump, but there were no guarantees of what had happened as the sound of a car speeding away greeted them with the door opening to the two men. After several silent moments pass within the house, the men return and confirm that Darque Devil was a Suite Owner wrongly accused. Too little, too late. Darque Devil was gone - to where, no one was quite sure.

Night would fall upon a quiet house, mourning the loss of two beloved friends and now a third, at the decision of the group. The group's next concern would be to ensure they made it through the night and to hope that they would not make the same mistake the next day.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Morning comes and all are accounted for at the breakfast table. Not a single person was missing. A bright sun shone through the glass roof of the dining room and it seemed there was a break in the storm, finally. Or perhaps it was only the eye in a whirling tornado, only time would tell. But still, a murderer walked among them and "Someone must surely be lying in wait to take another life, only hoping to build a false sense of security among the group. Who shall stay... and who shall go? The choice is yours, my friends."

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Darque Devil
  • EvilEye
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Ty
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Angel
  • Doctor
  • Humans x6-7
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
  • Thief
Us against the world

Aiden

Aiden had decided to dress casually that day in a pair of dark blue jeans, black boots and a black dress shirt. Taking a seat at the table he stretched before settling in. "Well it is good to see no one has died, mind if I get some breakfast in before we start pointing fingers?" He asked.

Azhdeen

Walks into the dining room looking a little tense and breaths a soft sigh of relief as he sees no one else is missing. Suddenly recalls the situation and know that more accusations will soon fly.  Tries to appear relaxed and nonchalant as he takes a seat and asks "So what’s for breakfast?"  His voice is mostly calm but with only the slightly trace of tension and worry. Decides to wait for the moment and see how things shape up this morning before he speaks up, wanting nothing more than to be unnoticed.

Autumn Sativus

Please include a vote in the first post you make, everyone.
Us against the world

Ty

He shuffled into the meeting room, bleary-eyed and yawning. "I do truely regret my part in Darque Devil's departure. And I fear I reacted out of fear of someone pointing a finger at me. I think Moirae will have to take responsibility for pointing the finger at the innocent. May God have mercy on our souls."

Aiden

"We since we are in such a haste, even if I think it is wrong of accusing someone of murder before they have a cup of coffee...I will stick my suspicion back on the person I doubted last night, Izu."

Ryven

"And where were you last night, Kendra, hmm?"  He asked again after emerging from the kitchen with a fresh batch of pancakes and waffles with assorted toppings of fruit, whipped cream, and homemade syrups.

undisclosedtoyou

Dis walked hesitatingly into the dining room, relief that no one had been murdered during the night written clearly on her face.  She carried her small cup of coffee, and bowl of fruit to the table and took her seat, her eyes scanning those around the room, taking a mental inventory of what people were saying.

"I'm glad that no one was...murdered last night, but you are all right, there is still a killer or killers among us.  I say we question Azhdeen."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Remiel

"There's something suspicious about Ty," he said, "but I can't put my finger on it."  He watched Ryven for a while, pondering, but left his vote as it was for now.

ClockworkShadow

Her mood had grown more and more surly.  Now, Darque was gone, and by his peers' own decree!  Sure, he was an odd sort of bloke... cool as a cucumber when everyone else was out of sorts, but he was man enough; plenty more-so than she suspected others to be. 

Like Izu.

Despite her increasing sense of edginess around everyone, he seemed to make her skin crawl the most.  She couldn't even really place her mental finger on why...

But if he was around, she made absolute certain that she made herself as scarce as could be feasibly managed.

A/A

o_O

Azhdeen

Begins to pour himself a cup of coffee and pour it over his hand when he hears his name. Hisses in pain from the hot liquid running over his hand he turns his eyes to the one who spoke "I could say the same to you as well undisclosedtoyou. What were you doing last night?" Begins to dry his hand with his napkin the skin obviously red and slightly inflamed.

Autumn Sativus

Votes

[3]Ty - (Remiel, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Izu - (Aiden, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Moirae - (Ty)
[1]Azhdeen - (undisclosedtoyou)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)
[1]undisclosedtoyou - (Azhdeen)
[1]Aiden - (Kendra)

Yet to vote:
Izu, Marguerite

Votes are due! Please get them in ASAP, I would like to continue progressing the game within 24 hours.
Us against the world

desert ashes

"I was taking a guess," Moirae said with a small frown to Ty.  "I did not mean to cause any harm, but a guess had to be made, and unfortunately I have nothing but guesses at this point."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Kendra

Kendra got up to move along the periphery of the table, making her way to the coffee pot and taking it up poured herself a large mug. The blame game began again but she felt secure that she would not be voted for. After all she was beyond cute for crying out loud, who would even consider her capable of such things. At least she thought this until Ryven came out with his delicious smelling pancakes and waffles. Making her way to her seat so she could help herself she glanced up at him.

"Now you know a lady never kisses and tells but I'm sure like the rest of you I was alone ... all night .. in my big bed" she pouted a little before sitting down and glancing up the table, "and what were you up to last night Aiden?"

Valerian

Relieved as she was to learn that none of their little group had died during the night, Val was still unhappy at listening to all these accusations and counter-accusations.  Alive they might be, but safe was another question entirely, and it seemed impossible that anyone might trust anyone else ever again.  Finally she sighed and added her vote quietly, wondering if perhaps she'd been right to suspect Ty to begin with.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"Well if you would have answered the knock at your door, you, to be blunt. Maybe tonight will be different." He grinned at Kendra, sending her a wink, unmoved by her accusation of him before he slid over towards Ryven and made the attempt to steal some pancakes...

Autumn Sativus

It has come to my attention that Izu is away currently. In light of the fact that he is away for an undetermined amount of time (it could be up to a week from now) I think we will have to move on without his vote. Objections?
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Votes

[3]Ty - (Remiel, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Aiden - (Kendra, Marguerite)
[2]Izu - (Aiden, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Moirae - (Ty)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Izu
Us against the world

Marguerite

Autumn Sativus

Alright, guys. Last chance to change votes. I'll go ahead and progress tomorrow afternoon. With the votes being so close and Izu not here, I'd like to see a more definite majority or I may just wait for him to get back. :-\
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

Alright, guys. Last chance to change votes. I'll go ahead and progress tomorrow afternoon. With the votes being so close and Izu not here, I'd like to see a more definite majority or I may just wait for him to get back. :-\
OOC response

I realize that it's no fault of Izu's that he needs to be away, but the progress of the game could be severely crippled by an indeterminable absence on anyone's part.  I vote that his participating character either be killed or removed, depending on his role, for the game's sake.  There are always other games that he can participate in, after all, yes?  ...  I really hope he was not caught in one of the areas hit harder by Irene :/

I do not think that his removal from this game should be tied with this round's vote, however.  We should still vote for someone in our active group.  I will change my vote, accordingly.

No one had seen Izu.  Even though the situation made her "hackles" stay risen - all the time,  now - the last time someone had disappeared, it meant they were dead.  So maybe... maybe she'd been harsh with her judgement after all.  She sat on the bench, in the garden, holding a mug of pomegranate and ginger flavored tea close as its steam rose into the chilly air to waft casually at her face.  She was breathing rather shallowly, appearing half-tranced, as she considered the scenario. 

Few seemed to have paid attention to when the Keeper, herself, had pointed the finger at Azhdeen, but she had.  She'd also noticed when Azhdeen had pointed the finger right back at the replacement Keeper.  That, honestly, didn't seem to be much more than a bit of "But Mama, it's not my fault!"

Many others were also pointing their fingers at Ty.  But what if their collective agreement on Ty was a ruse, to further cripple the Estate's human population?  Who all had voted in that vein, she mused... then ticked on mental fingers, Remiel, Moirae, and Valerian.  They were all seemingly upstanding people, sure, but what did she really know about any of them, when it all boiled down to the marrow of the bone for the soup's stock?  Ty had fired back an accusation at Moirae, too.

Something wasn't right here, and holding her tea close wasn't doing much to cover the rank stench.  After several more moments of pondering, something dawned upon her, and her upper lip curl-twitched around a silent growl as her eyes narrowed.  It was simple, really.  The lot of them were merely pawns in a real-life variation of battle chess.  She felt an intoxicating rush of rage coursing through her, riding the rapids of her bloodstream as, presumably, her heart's rate increased. 

After a moment, however, she forced herself to take a soothing, long sip of her tea.  Anger at their seeming helplessness would not accomplish much of anything.

She thought back to the loss of their morbid friend Darque, and began to connect the dots.  And who was it that voted against him, she pondered next.  As I recall, it was Moirae, Ty, Marguerite, Remiel, and Kendra.  She took another sip of her tea.  Moirae and Ty were on the same page then, so what changed?  Also, Remiel...  She didn't bother to finish the thought.  No one had voted against Remiel, this time, so she decided that that wouldn't shed any conceptual light upon the dilemma.  Instead, she decided that she needed to side between Moirae or... TyThis is the making or breaking of the deal, she silently affirmed as she downed the last dregs of her tea.  If Ty was found out to be a human...  She glanced, dolefully, into the emptiness of her cup.

"Time for a refill," she muttered as she rose from the bench and stalked to the commons-room to discuss her observations with the others.

A/A

o_O

Remiel

The fact that Moirae and Valerian had both added their votes to his made him nervous.  "I'm going to change my vote to Moirae, lest people suspect that shi and I are in league."

Autumn Sativus

Votes

[3]Ty - (ClockworkShadow, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Moirae - (Ty, Remiel)
[1]Izu - (Aiden)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Izu
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes

[3]Ty - (ClockworkShadow, Moirae, Valerian)
[2]Moirae - (Ty, Remiel)
[1]Izu - (Aiden)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Izu

The group decides that it is Ty that has been responsible for the deaths. Unsure who to listen to and barely making majority, the final votes are tallied and whispers of innocence and guilt still run through the Resident's. Finally, two men arrive and remove Ty from the premises. Only the sound of a car driving away signals that the man had indeed left. Within a few moments, the men returned and informed the group that the Doctor had left the Stronghold that day. The Lady of the house took ill at the suggestion of being without medical aid and without much to say other than a disappointed glance, she was taken to her chambers for the remainder of the night, leaving her Resident's to stew over their own doings once again.
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

It was worse than she could have imagined.  If anyone were nearby the dimly-lit room she'd withdrawn to, they might hear the shattering impact of her lobbing her porcelain teacup at the wall opposite to herself.  Within moments, it'd be followed by the sound of another.  Though, she would stop herself from destroying the very last teacup in the once-valuable set.  Instead, she'd cradle that one to herself as she slumped to the carpet in a paled, almost-formless heap.

The Lady had retired, visibly weighted beneath the thick mantle of doom in the air.  And now... now she knew that she'd be seen as a collaborator with the mysterious ones that wanted to undermine the honest people of the Estate.  Doubt crept into her own mind, and she began to wonder.  What were her motives; did she even know anymore?

Moirae.  Valerian.  They'd led the vote.  They'd cast the veil of chicanery.

She'd be watching them very closely, indeed...

A/A

o_O

Autumn Sativus

The Resident's were not so lucky come morning. The house was still quiet as the group gathered for breakfast, still mourning the loss of their dear Doctor. It seemed that fortune would not shine on the Stronghold this day either. Everyone was there, but Remiel was missing. When he didn't arrive for breakfast it was discovered soon that he had not woken from his sleep that morning. The two small holes in his neck gave proof that he would not be waking.

The most shocking part of the scene were the wings that spread across the floor, coming out of his back. What were once a brilliant white were stained with the red droplets of the Angel's blood. They were running out of time, they had to find the ones responsible before it was too late.

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x5-6
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

She'd gone to the commons room to fill her remaining cup with tea, determined to try and be logical and reasonable about the situation.  When she'd entered, though, the room had been disturbingly empty, and each footstep seemed to echo with an eerie foreboding.  Then her eyes came to rest upon the table.

The investigation pictures were laid out, for examination - or, perhaps, to goad the culprit amongst them - next to the police report.  Remiel?

Remiel.... was gone?

Her next actions seemed to blur in her recollective perception, but she vaguely realized that she'd lost her grasp on her cup as the sound of it shattering echoed, too loudly, in her ears.  A gasping sob escaped her throat, followed by a hiccup, before she collapsed, unconscious, amid the sharp shards of porcelain.

She dreamt of feathers falling from angel wings, and decorating an endless hallway.  No matter how hard she ran, or how much she screamed, there was no way out.  Disembodied hands floated in front of her - palms up with blood oozing from their center and between the fingers - accompanied by maniacally evil laughter, and they haunted every pelting step she took...

When someone might come upon her, to rouse her, she would make it known that she suspected involvement on the part of the elusive, and too-quiet Valerian.

A/A

o_O

Ryven

Hearing the news shook him deeply, and the only solace he found was making delicious creations in the kitchen.  For the dearly departed, it was angel food cake with a spiced rum sauce.

"May you find your way back to heaven, dear angel," he said to himself as he finished working on the cake.  After presenting it in the dining room, he took his own seat, opting not to touch any kind of food.  His appetite just wasn't there for it.  His eyes shifted to ClockworkShadow.  He didn't trust her...not one bit.

Azhdeen

When word spread that Remiel was dead this morning a panic started to set in his mind. The panic only grew when he learned that Remiel was an angel as he had always thought them nothing more than myth. Beginning to think that if an angel could be killed by these vampires the what hope does a simple man have?. Running around the estate he look for some tools so he can do something to try and take his mind of things. Unsure what to think anymore he grabs  the tools and some nails and runs back to his room. Beginning to make a lot of noise he pounds the nails into the window sills hoping to seal them shut. In his panicked state one name alone comes to his mind Valerian should be talked too.

undisclosedtoyou

They were not so lucky, and Dis started to think that this placed was cursed, and the wrath of some monster was plaguing them.  She couldn't help those negative thoughts pressing down on her, as she entered the dining room, and her eyes fell upon ClockworkShadow who had seemingly fainted on the floor.  She made quick work of trying to help the young lady up.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Izu

[[sorry for disappearing - was out of civilization for a lil over week. If I had been here I would have voted for someone who hasn't been voted against at the time, just because I had no clue who to vote for.]]

When the morning came and Izu heard the news that their Angel had been murdered that night, he hurried to the common area where the residents usually gathered. He looked at everyone and frowned lightly, associations already flying across the room. Couldn't they morn for at least a little bit before they started pointing the finger at each other?! He shook his head as he spoke. "I have to say that Moirae's vote yesterday was set on someone innocent and our poor Remiel was with her in it, maybe taken by her beauty... though he did change his vote in the last minute and she didn't. Which is suspicious."

Kendra

After the doctor had been dragged from the house, Kendra had gone to bed surfacing with every one else to sit at the breakfast table only to discover that Remiel was dead. Her mouth hung open and she looked at everyone about the table. Ryven came out carrying the 'angel' cake and her eyes widened.
"Really at a time like this you make an angel cake?" she glared at him, unable to believe how insensitive he was, "Ryven ... that's just ... horrible. I've gone right off my food now."

As tempting as his delicious meals were every other time, the thought of eating an angel right then turned her stomach. 

Ryven

"Would you have preferred Devil's food?  I'm pretty sure that would have been worse.  I thought it would have been a nice tribute to the dearly departed.  Clearly we have different ways of grieving.  While he may be gone, I think his spirit still remains here to watch over us, and if you're going to blame me simply for my culinary choices, well...I don't know what to think about that."  He said before he excused himself to find coffee.  Anything to relieve the building tension in the estate.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[2]ClockworkShadow - (Ryven, undisclosedtoyou)
[2]Moirae - (Izu, Valerian)
[2]Ryven - (Kendra, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Valerian - (Azhdeen)

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, Marguerite, Moirae
Us against the world

Valerian

Val turns a little pale to hear not just one, but two people seeming so sure of her guilt.  "Of course we're all upset, but I've never hurt anyone, I assure you.  When I voted against Ty, I was agreeing with Remiel.  I always thought that he had good instincts about people, and now I know why," she added, sorrowfully.

"I'm not sure that our fallen Angel knew anything for certain about Moirae, but he must have had some reason to try to avoid being associated with hir, and now I'm sorry I didn't change my vote as well.  Perhaps I can help make up for that a little now," she finished quietly.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

ClockworkShadow

She'd drug one of the chairs with arms over to the corner of the room, and was huddled in it as she applied antibiotic ointment to her mostly-superficial cuts.  Dis had helped clean up the shards, but had been otherwise distant.  She'd been a bit surprised to hear Valerian's admission of siding with Remiel, and had toyed with the notion of reconsidering her vote.

Now, what was this business with that angel's food cake?  It had been sitting upon the table when she was roused, and, when she'd discovered that Ryven was responsible for its being there...

She hadn't stopped staring at him, arms crossed over each other as she huddled in a fetal position, for the entire time he'd been lurking in the room.

He'd made a fair enough point about devil's food being even less appropriate, but that didn't make the angel's food any moreso!  Darque had had a morbid sense of humor, but he'd never do anything like this.

So, there she sat and scowled.  It didn't look like she wanted to talk to anyone, yet she didn't seem willing to move.  It appeared, instead, that she had every intention of staying in that common's room and watching everyone.

A/A

o_O

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at the board and then placed her vote for Moirae.

Aiden

I think our Estate Keeper (Undisclosedtoyou) is suspect, we voted her to have a deciding viote in case of a tie but I am wondering if that was a wise move without questioning her first.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[3]Moirae - (Izu, Valerian, Marguerite)
[3]ClockworkShadow - (Ryven, undisclosedtoyou, Moirae)
[2]Ryven - (Kendra, ClockworkShadow)
[1]Valerian - (Azhdeen)
[1]undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden)
Us against the world

desert ashes

With a soft sigh Moirae glanced to the others, hir shoulders slightly slumped. "I am no criminal... I have merely had the unfortunate luck of guessing the wrong people.  I've harmed none, I swear, and it pains me now to have to vote for someone I don't know is guilty or not only to possibly save myself.  I'm sorry, Clockworkshadow."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn Sativus

The vote has tied.

undisclosedtoyou must make a final call between Moirae and ClockworkShadow.
Us against the world

undisclosedtoyou

Faced with such a decision, Dis looked at first one person, than the other, very pointedly avoiding the two faces that were up for vote until there were no more people to look at.

"I..."  For a moment she had been about to say that she couldn't make such a decision, despite her original vote being up for...well that.  But than she suddenly remembered that she had a job to do, that they had all entrusted her with this very undesirable job, and she visibly tried to straighten her back.

"My vote remains the same, Clockworkshadow."  Her voice trailed off there, and she gripped her hands together, unable to find her voice again.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Marguerite

Marguerite stepped forward to look at Clockwork. "Clock, I am here to bless you with the holy water. I only pray it absolves you of being the murderer." She brought out the vial, opened the cap and tossed the contents onto Clock. If it showed he was a killer, then Dis was right to pick him. If not, then an innocent might be saved.

Autumn Sativus

And so the men returned, to pick ClockworkShadow up and begin carrying her outside. But it was only seconds before Marguerite approached the men, asking them to wait. The Priestess chose to try and save a life that day. And as the water dripped down ClockworkShadow's skin, it became clear that she was indeed innocent of the crimes she'd been accused.

"Thanks to out Priestess, one innocent life was saved today. Go and be merry, my Resident's. I hope that the morning will bring us further news about who is to blame for these crimes."

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow - Human
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite - Priestess
  • Moirae
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x5-6
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Come morning, it was not hard to tell someone was missing. The group had  been getting progressively smaller and with less people to be accounted for, it was terribly obvious when Izu did not show to the breakfast table. His body was found half in and half out the window of his bedroom, the same terrifying bite marks on his neck as all the rest. This poor Suite Owner hadn't stood a chance against the power of the beasts.

"We cannot go on like this. You must choose the right ones or we are doomed to similar fates, Residents. Please... choose wisely."

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x4-5
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3

I will be away from sometime Sunday-possibly Wednesday evening. If one of you wouldn't mind keeping track of the votes while I'm away, it would be greatly appreciated but isn't required.

Unless of course we can get all of the votes in within 12 hours. Then I will give 12 hours for night and leave at Day 6. But we'll have to see how it goes!
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

So much death.  She'd been wrong about Izu; go figure?  She felt a certain sense of satisfaction that she'd never let her suspicions resolve into a final vote against him.  Not that that had saved him.  Although, what did it really matter, in the end?

As she'd gathered with the others, appearing pale and wan in evidence of insomnia, she'd remained grim and silent.  She did not speak to anyone - tuning out the drone of their somewhat-panicky murmuring - and had merely stared, dispassionately, at Izu's corpse for several moments before turning on the ball of her right foot and stalking away.

She'd almost been sent away, merely to be saved by the Priestess at the last moment.  Though, had she really been saved, or, instead, doomed to mirror quiet Izu's fate, as well?

Now, she returned to the common's room, curled up in the chair she'd claimed for herself after Remiel's death.  She wrapped both of her hands - with interlaced fingers - around her knees, and she waited.  Afternoon sunlight spilled through the slats of the blinds over the windows, setting a muted atmosphere.  In thinking about those who had voted against her, her emotions roiled just slightly more when her musings settled upon Moirae.  Had shi been trying to save her, or condemn her?  Whose side was shi  really on?

A/A

o_O

Aiden

"Last night Marguerite proved she could be trusted and managed to save us from killing an innocent person. I am more than willing to trust her judgement. The night before she cast her suspicions on Moirae and I will as well."
He said with a somber nod, glancing among the waning group of suite owners before returning to his breakfast.
"We need to get to the bottom of this, all I do is eat and sit these past few days I am going to get fat!"
Aiden complained, turning his attention to the females and considering which one he wanted to ask back to the rooms for a heated romp in the sheets to keep him active.

Ryven

"My vote is for Kendra.  I don't trust anyone who doesn't like cake."  He said quite firmly.

Kendra

Another day and another death! Another had been bitten and Kendra felt her insides turn. Who was going to be next? Again people began to vote and when her own name was called she stared in amazement before walking over to Ryven and patting him on his cute derrière.
"I like cake Ryven, just not your timing" she winked before taking a seat and folding her arms across her chest as she pulled her legs up beneath her chin again.
"I vote with the majority" she muttered, "Well it's highly unlikely that I'll vote for myself, so Moirae, apologies. Nothing personal, you understand."

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[5]Moirae - (ClockworkShadow, Aiden, Kendra, Marguerite, undisclosedtoyou)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)

Yet to vote:
Azhdeen
Moirae
Valerian
Us against the world

Marguerite

undisclosedtoyou

Still a bit off balance by the events of the day before, and still not very close to knowing who was a villain, and who wasn't, with the exception of Clock and Marg, she had no choice but to go with the majority, Moirae.  She just hoped it was the right decision, and not a huge mistake.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

desert ashes

"I cannot admit to being surprised.  My horrible guesses have lead me down the wrong path.  Please know ... I have had nothing to do with the ill plots and I shall hope those innocent left the very best of luck, that they shall all see another sunrise.  I know I have seen my last.  My vote, which is of no consequence and is nothing more than another guess, is for Aiden."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

"I'm afraid I must agree.  I suspected Moirae before, and my reasons haven't changed.  Let us hope we have at last found one of our oppressors."  And indeed, hope was about all they had left, Val thought with a sigh, for they had guessed wrong far too many times.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
[6]Moirae - (ClockworkShadow, Aiden, Kendra, Marguerite, undisclosedtoyou, Valerian)
[1]Kendra - (Ryven)
[1]Aiden - (Moirae)

Yet to vote:
Azhdeen

I'll give this until I get home from work (about 8 hours) so any vote changes or anything - now is the time!
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

With almost everyone submitting their votes for the day's guest who would be leaving, it came down to the dear Moirae. The men escorted her and once again the sound of a car leaving the Stronghold was heard before they returned to give the news. Moirae was just an innocent Suite Owner. Once again, the group had failed to choose their perpetrators and it was quickly becoming apparent that they were fighting a losing battle. It would not take long before they would all suffer the same fate, if something was not done quickly.

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x3-4
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The guests wake in the morning to find Marguerite had been the next victim. After saving the life of ClockworkShadow she had done her duty to the house and was already well known as the Priestess. They could only hope that she had gone to be with her higher powers and was in a better place now with the angel Remiel to watch over her.

Another morning had come, another innocent had died. Their numbers were beginning to dwindle and it was beginning to look grim for the lives of the Suite Owners of Saffron Stronghold. This might be their last chance to make the right decision and remove a threat from the home. Could they accomplish such a daunting task, though, or would they fold under the pressure and make another wrong decision?

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Kendra
  • Ryven
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles

• Humans x3-4
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
Us against the world

Ryven

"It has to be Kendra.  I fail to see how it could be anyone else," Ryven said while pouring himself some coffee.  He was surprised that he'd lasted this long.  Several nights he'd stayed awake, hoping his neck would not be the next to sport new piercings.

Azhdeen

Kendra he says softly not sure it will really make a difference at this point in things. he is sure it is only a matter of time before his number is up.

Kendra

Kendra sat at the table staring off into space, another life had been taken and another person had left the house because of them. The only silver lining she could find in that was that any innocents leaving were ensured their lives unlike those who got to stay. Her name was called out and she turned to look at Ryven and Azhdeen, shrugging her shoulders.
"Baaaaa" she bleeted like a sheep before turning away, "You have such a strong case there Ryven."

Valerian

"I think Ryven is right, Kendra," Val said quietly as she sat down, glancing around the table.  "After all, there are so very few people left who could be guilty."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

undisclosedtoyou

Weary now of all the death, and unable to vote with any real proof, Dis stared into her coffee and cast her vote for Aiden.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Autumn Sativus

In light of ClockworkShadow being absent due to internet difficulties (for an extended length of time), I will let your suffering end. Your last hurrah was just the GM being evil and watching you squirm while there was nothing you could do about it.

The vampires have outnumbered the humans now, and there is little to do but sit and wait to die. It is no longer a question of who survived, but who died last. The tales of Saffron Stronghold are still told decades after the events, long since the gated manner was overrun with vines and creeping leaves. There is talk that the evil that was once unleashed in the Stronghold still lies inside, waiting for it's next victims to come adventuring in.

Miss Saffron seemed to disappear with the house, having never put the property on the market but allowing it to overrun itself. It is not known if she fell victim to the evil inside or if it was her doing to begin with but rumors say that someone is still paying the bills.

~Guide of Events to Come~

Good game everyone! I have two new ones starting up soon. Harvest Moon and The Swinger's Resort do check them out. <3
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Cast of Characters
  • Aiden - Vampire
  • Azhdeen - Human
  • ClockworkShadow - Human, turned Vampire
  • Darque Devil[ - Human
  • EvilEye - Human
  • Izu - Human
  • Kendra - Human