An Education in Darkness - A Star Wars group RP (still looking for students)

Started by Barding, December 28, 2008, 08:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idej

Well, here are some things that should help with having Sith in any time.  The first one is the one that I think will help the most though.  If it isn't much help, then I apoligize.

Behind the Threat, Part 1

Behind the Threat, Part 2

Behind the Threat, Part 3

Behind the Threat, Part 4

Behind the Threat, Part 5

Power Beyond Belief

I do not care if this is going to be a system or a freeform.:)

Eren

I can do two characters. ;D One a teacher, and the other something else. We'll see.

However, since I am such a newbie, I need gentle correction if I write something really odd.

Nice to see you here, Karma. I could not help but to think upon seeing this topic that you would most likely show up as well. ;)

*grins* Indeed, deathsie! It's hard to resist a Star Wars game, especially one as intriguing as this! *prepares the Correction Rod*

Barding

Thank you, Idej! I will certainly check out the links when I get time.

Meanwhile, I added a profile skeleton to the first post of this thread. Please, copy and paste it and use it. I tried to keep any mention of how 'powerful' any of the characters are out of the profile. That stands to common sense according to the whole 'student/master' thing.

Anyway, if you started thinking out characters and coming up with profiles then, please, PM the finished products to me when/if they're done.

If you have any questions about it, please put them to me.

(Oh, and when filling out the profile, delete the bits in parentheses; they are for your guidance)
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

Insanitosis

Well, I am interested, though I would like to ask, how far has this rp progressed?

Elohim

Insanitosis

Ah, is there a role listing or character listing?

Elohim

I think most people are still hammering out backgrounds and the like.  The ad was just put up today/yesterday depending on time zone.

Insanitosis

Insanitosis

Exactly when in the star wars universe does this take place? Like during the New Sith Wars with the brotherhood of Darkness?
Kind of important for my character.

I do believe it was mentioned earlier but that does work

RedEve

Quote from: Barding on December 28, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Thanks very much, Polaroids, for your input. :P

In the meantime, I'll work on the profile layout when I have a quiet moment, although that'll probably be tomorrow. I'll put it at the bottom of my first post in the thread and give a celebratory bump to this thread when it's done.

I think creativity is most likely to be more important than actual knowledge of the universe, as we'll be playing in an era that's mostly uncovered with regards to canon. Pretty much, you (and every other player) will have a creative care-blanche. Simply put, please ask me if you're going to do anything particularly out-of-the-ordinary. I will probably allow you to do this..Just, um, as I want to keep this game fairly low-powered I will assume for now that it stands to reason for all of you that playing a vampire-werewolf hybrid or a Star Wars equivalent as your PC would be off limits.

I'd prefer to keep it with humanoid races...or droids?...Admittedly though, I do like semi-mechanical-semi-biological humanoids...I'll consider them.

Good to have you all, as I said.

Droids do not have Force powers. At least none that I am aware of.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Insanitosis

Quote from: RedEve on December 29, 2008, 03:50:52 AM
Droids do not have Force powers. At least none that I am aware of.

Well, there is of course Skippy the Jedi Droid
XD
The Iron knights were also droids, but were controlled by sentient crystals

I am still working on my character, but I need to chat with the GM about a critical aspect of his character,

*laughs* Skippy was from Tales and not canon, but the Iron Knights are a good point. Also, Sith Alchemy is capable of wonderful things, RedEve.  ;)

Insanitosis

I know, but I still love it.
Tales can be fun.

Yeah, like technobeasts, and Korriban zombies. 

Barding

Ah, another morning and another recruitment session; I do hope you've all been hard at work while I've been trying to sleep? :) I did come up with at least a few ideas for characters of mine, including some NPCs.

On that note, I will probably ask all of you if you're willing to double up and play some NPCs as well as your PC.

I'm going to put up a list of roles that need to be filled soon in the first post of this thread and I will put character names and players next to those that have been filled. In short, that'll help all of us keep track of who and what needs/could, if possibe, double up and as whom.

Thank you. In the meantime, please do keep those profiles coming in to me via PMs. There will soon be a character thread to celebrate.
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Insanitosis

Ah, you have arrived, I shall send my questions now.

Barding

Good night everyone. I'll be creating my PC and my main NPC tomorrow and, as a result, I'll be putting up a cast list - a collection of roles that need to be filled including notation of ones that have been.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest.
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Insanitosis

I am still debating whether I should play a student or a teacher, maybe both, knowing eachother or somehow related.

Barding

Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Aiden

Ohh I want to play, possibly as a student. Going to pitch my concept, but I won't be back till the 2nd. When is the game going to start? Anytime soon?

Barding

That really depends; we probably won't have all of the characters and stuff ready until at least the 2nd anyway so, uhm, feel free to jump on in!
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Barding

!IMPORTANT!

Here is a revision on Force Mastery rules
An apprentice/student may only take two masteries;
one they rank as first in training priority and one they rank as second.
General levels of power in both of these spheres of influence will be figured out as per common sense,
i.e. '1st' will be the one they show the greatest degree of talent in, '2nd' will be the one they show a secondary degree of talent in.
The '3rd' slot will not be filled for students. The Force Mastery of the three that is not entered in '2nd' or '1st' is one they cannot use as of yet.
Masters/Tutors may still take three Force Masteries.
It is also an option for less adept students and ones who have been training for a shorter space of time to choose only one mastery.

Thanks.

In the meantime, keep those profiles coming!

Happy New Year!
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Would it make sense to drop an allowed mastery in order to get greater abilities in one of the others? It would work quite well with my character.

Barding

Dropping it entirely, yeah, I suppose so. Masters can probably eliticise themselves somewhat and concentrate on one.

In the meantime, everyone, the links Idej posted up top are VERY useful in creating Sith according to canon while still allowing for creativity. I've read through some of it and it's really very good. I'd advise any players who are still a little confused to check it out.
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021

Barding

In the meantime, a new Master has been added to the character thread.
Updated 09/08/2021

Updated 20/09/2021