Safe Houses and Speakeasies - Complete -- Law & Order triumphs!

Started by Valerian, June 16, 2009, 11:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySky

As she watched and listened her mind swam with the alcohol haze. Slightly drunk she pointed toward Stattick,

"You think your one hard-boiled swell Stattick but I figure you for a rummy personally."

With that she went to slide off her stool but ended up sprawled on the floor covered in gin.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Saffron (2) - Caeli, Saku
Stattick (2) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky
Caeli (1) - Trieste
Kaz (1) - Stattick
Aiden (0)
LadySky (0)
Saku (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Saffron

There are 3 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 3 Townsfolk.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

"Hey, I didn't vote different. Marg was the doll that chatted me up, lettin' me know some things about that Aiden character that just didn't put together right. Maybe it's just your paranoia, Caeli that's keepin' ya from seein' it."

She sighed, shaking her head a little as she took another sip of the good stuff in her cup.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Aiden

After tossing down another drink and wallowing in the heavy decision, he looked over the bar with a frown. It seemed the days of kicking back a drink and enjoying the night was dying with this new drive to find the bootleggers and rid the town of them, with heavy heart he mutters his pick.
"Saffron."

Trieste

What? After you were just complaining about the lack of dames around here, you're gonna off one?

* Trieste just blinks at Aiden, somewhat stunned.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron sighs, turning to Kaz and changing her vote to him after noticing that she was now the one closest to being pulled from her seat and dragged out for a ride. She still didn't even understand what she'd done to deserve the votes, but there they were none the less. Downing a few shots she looked about and sighed, quite unsure of what would happen now. "I dun like that fella... there's somethin' about 'im... just off in his head, thinkin' he knows all these things when he don't know from nothin'."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Aiden

(Wrong game Trieste, Aiden in the WW wants to lower the male to female ratio  ;D )

Trieste

Valerian

Final Voting:

Saffron (3) - Aiden, Caeli, Saku
Stattick (2) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky
Caeli (2) - Trieste
Kaz (1) - Saffron, Stattick
Aiden (0)
LadySky (0)
Saku (0)
Trieste (0)

It's a close run thing, but at last it's settled -- Saffron is the one who's going to join Maeven, Marguerite, and Jack in the great beyond.  In an otherwise quiet alley, a shot rings out, and Saffron is gone.

It doesn't take long to discover it -- hidden in the lining of her fancy beaded purse is a key that turns out to open a storage locker, full to the brim with bathtub gin.  Saffron was a Bootlegger!  Some celebrate quietly, others not so quietly, and the whole neighborhood is relieved.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - (T) victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron - (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Saku
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 3 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

"It's a damn shame, hot little number light that getting offed.  Still, maybe Maeven rests a lil easier now, see?"  With that, Kaz tilts the brim of his hat down a little more over his eyes and stumbles off to catch some shut eye.  Them Bootleggers ain't finished yet.  Just slowed down a hair.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

LadySky

LadySky slaps Saffron's corpse in furious anger until her own hand hurts.

Cursing all the way home she swears never to trust another dame again! "Cannot believe I almost fell for her lies!"
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Trieste

*blink .... blinks at LadySky* Yowza...

Stattick

Stattick stared at the scene in disbelief. LadySky's reaction was surprising to say the least. But there again, he wasn't privy to anything that had been happening behind closed doors. Perhaps there was some sordid relationship between those two crazy dames that he didn't know about.

Shaking his head in disbelief as LadySky left, Stattick looks at Aiden. "And to think I was tryin ta talk yas into voting diffrent. Good call buddy... Say, I never did ask yous where yous got that funny name from. Irish or somthin. Not that there's nuthin wrong with the Irish... jus ain't a name I know too well is all."
O/O   A/A

Aiden

Aiden nodded his head in shock, watching Ladysky's outburst before she practically tore the hinges off the joint in her escape. He leaned back onto the bar in time to watch Stattick approach, the temporary ally he had seemed to make during this ordeal.
"Something about her, told me she was rotten..."
Not specifying who he was talking about, listening to his inquiry he glanced up as he swirled the hooch in hand and drank the rest down.
"My ma called me that all my life, I guess I am used to be called that more than my birth given name. Never really asked her what it meant, not that I could, parent's been dead for years now."

Valerian

The conversation is muted, the drinking quiet but steady, and at last everyone has wandered off home once more, to sleep it off and try to forget the death and fear.  But the next morning, it all comes rushing back.

Saku has been found dead this time, another innocent Townsfolk lost.  The authorities report that, despite the fact that she was found wearing cement overshoes at the bottom of the river, her death is being ruled accidental.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - (T) victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron - (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Saku - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

Caeli said nothing when it was revealed that Saffron was a bootlegger - there was only relief that her gut feeling hadn't been wrong.

The night passed uneasily. She had only been one bootlegger - there had to be more trying to take over the town.

Sure enough, the news sheet next morning had Saku's name printed in tiny letters in the police reports section. Wordlessly, she handed the paper off to everyone else for them to read. "Looks like they're still after us."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

LadySky

LadySky entered the gin mill looking tired and frazzled. She had stayed up all night swimming in a bathtub full of gin singing at the top her lungs about traitors and sneaks. Seems her neighbors did not enjoy her entertainment however and she now found herself evicted from the eleventh apartment this year.

"Keep em comin barkeep!" she slurred as she took her seat at the bar.

"So that Saku got taken for a ride huh? She sure had the it goin for her, I won't miss the vamp." she mummbled almost incoherently.

As she swigged the rot gut down glass by glass she watched the room and wondered if she was the next sap to get a rod in the back.

Trieste

LadySky

With a very loud and inelegant belch LadySky falls to the floor and looks up Trieste's skirt.

"That's what I look like to!" she slurs while giggling.

Caeli

Caeli had to fight to keep the snort of laughter from bubbling up. Instead, she gave a small cough and then nodded towards the news sheet, which had slid to the floor after LadySky.

"So I'm figuring that there are still Bootleggers coming after us... any idea who might be next?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

Clearly LadySky was three sheets to the wind however she could still speak her two sense!

"I figure their out to knock off all the vamps! I might be next seein as how easy my stockins are to get into!" she laughs and snorts as she makes her way up off the dirty floor and into a chair.

Lookin around the place slowly she points a finger at Stattick.

"He don't like the dames I tell ya!" she hollars for all to hear.

Aiden

Quote from: LadySky on June 19, 2009, 03:17:12 PM
With a very loud and inelegant belch LadySky falls to the floor and looks up Trieste's skirt.

"That's what I look like to!" she slurs while giggling.

"Alright doll, no more hooch for you."
He dug into his coat pocket and pulled out a pack of Luckystrikes, lighting one up after guiding it to his mouth. Smoke blew out of his mouth as he spoke.
"These sons of bitches need to be careful, they are killing of their clients...vicious circle we are all in right now...bad for buisness."

LadySky

LadySky wrapped herself around Aiden nibbling an earlobe.

"Gonna save me from being a rummy Aiden?" she whispered as she lay her head on his thick shoulder.

Caeli

Pretending not to notice the way LadySky was dripping all over Aiden, Caeli cleared her throat and nodded at Trieste.

"And yourself? Kaz, I don't doubt he's going to keep going for Stattick - but you didn't seem so sure last time."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

Current Voting:

LadySky (1) - Trieste
Stattick (1) - LadySky
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Caeli, Kaz, Stattick

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE