News:

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by Spookie Monster, June 04, 2005, 07:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWolf

I've been WolfMan in some form or another since I started using computers, which was a long time ago, when I discovered the internet it seemed to be the natural progression for the WolfMan to move to this medium...

As for how I selected it?  Well, I tapped into my inner wolf, ever since that wolf bite I received all those years ago, and the outbreak of hair and fangs......

*feels the sudden urge to break out into Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" once more...*

*chuckles*  Always liked wolves, always liked werewolves...  What else can I say?

List Of Current Threads
List Of Ons & Offs

Wondering if I'd be interested?  PM me!

Lord Drakestone

Drakestone came straight out of the dictionary.  I like the sound of it.  I like both its actual meaning and the meanings people seem to want to attach to it.  I have even split it and call my character Drake Stone.  One unexpected twist is that some people associated the word drake with dragon. 

I have always believed that names have power.  It is an ancient belief.  In Genesis, Adam is given the right and duty of naming the animals.  In many cultures, it is believe that you gain control over an object or person by knowing its true name.

As you can tell, this is a subject that fascinates me.  If anyone shares my fascinating, please contact me.
Man blinded by the light of Creation, turns away from it and  bows to the god that appears before him.

Zakharra

Quote from: Lirliel on June 04, 2005, 02:47:16 PM
The name of my Elf lover on RPOL, this is to Honor her :)

Aaawww. Thank you!  *huggles Lirliel*

I chose my name because it seemed to fit and still does. Zakharra. Somewhat mysterious and foreign sounding.

girlieq

Well mine is boring, just my real nickname, or one of them. I have several, but my sister always called me girlieq. It's a play on curlicue, my hair has always been really long and it spirals at the end, lol.

Lord Drakestone

Well,  Zakharra, I can't say that your chosen name does anything to excite me, but I really like  :o your chose avatar.
Man blinded by the light of Creation, turns away from it and  bows to the god that appears before him.

Zakharra

Quote from: Lord Drakestone on June 30, 2005, 09:56:11 PM
Well,  Zakharra, I can't say that your chosen name does anything to excite me, but I really like  :o your chose avatar.

;D ;)   *bounces a bit*

Valkos

Valkos Maranin is the name of one of my AD&D characters. 

I enjoyed Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead series.  When I saw him in Xena, I was intrigued and started watching the program.  Usually used it as background noise while I did other things, but when the King of Thieves was on, I watched closely.  Once I started gaming, I created a character based off of him, Dolomitre Bosovich.  The character was fun to play, though with his stats, he wasn't as close as I wanted.  Later I created a new character for a modified 1st edition game, and this time the stats worked out well.  Had the campaign lasted longer, he would have made quite a name for himself in the world of Greyhawk.

;D
Hogwarts: Denora Crabin, Ebyn Farmer
Urban Arcana- Yancey Square: Zi, Chang  "Daisy"
Dark Side of the Senshi: Kaiou, Michiru
Elven Maiden vs. Human Barbarian: Unther/Telen'mar

*have AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSN  feel free to say hi

menndebi

Mine is self explainatory...men n debi... ;D  ;D  ;).  I like that idea!!
Deb
Accept people for who they are, never judge a book by its cover, respect others and others will respect you.

ZK

My name is basically something I merged together from my affinity with felines and that of the Tzimisce Clan from Vampire: The Masquerade.

Zulo Form aka Horrid Form was my inspiration. Now mix it with a cute kitty and bam. You have an eight foot tall hulking anthropomorphic kitty with inhuman strength and a perversion of the flesh. Let alone being a Tzimisce. ^-^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Hunter

Quote from: menndebi on August 13, 2005, 02:14:50 PM
Mine is self explainatory...men n debi... ;D  ;D  ;).  I like that idea!!

*watches the fairy bounce up and down*  No idea....   ;D

WarDragon

Well, as my introduction says, I like dragons.  Probably my favorite aspect of the fantasy genre, in fact.  The "war" part comes from having used this name first at a WarCraft fansite.  I liked it, and decided to use it elsewhere.  Pretty straightforward, really.

Mistiq

My screenname wasn't hard for me to think of. One day I went to a Tekken info site and I wanted to join as I did want be apart of this discussion. Mistiq was the first name that came to mind. (No, I was not thinking of X-men's Mystique) It got it's meaning later.

As a got a little older, I found that was different when I was Mistiq. Everything I wanted to say that couldn't say aloud, I could say typing and as Mistiq. No one, could tell me I was wrong, or say "Lord have mercy". Everything I had suppressed as Shannel, I could let out as Mistiq. We were two seprate entities, Shannel was what the world expected of the quietly, careful, sunny girl. While Mistiq is the creative, outspoken, Scropio that lives up to her sign's characteristics, good and bad.

Now, out of respect for my mother, my legal name is still Shannel. Though my signiture and my screenname read Mistiq

Valkos

One of the nice things about being online is that all the things that hold you back in real life don't apply here.  I don't mean to say you become a completely different person, but rather all the negatives aspectsof life can be pushed aside and you can let  you hair down, so to speak.
Hogwarts: Denora Crabin, Ebyn Farmer
Urban Arcana- Yancey Square: Zi, Chang  "Daisy"
Dark Side of the Senshi: Kaiou, Michiru
Elven Maiden vs. Human Barbarian: Unther/Telen'mar

*have AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSN  feel free to say hi

Siegfried

My screen name is my actual last name.  Translated it means "peace" and "vctory".

BlkSatinSlkNLace

Quote from: Keelin on June 04, 2005, 01:43:17 PM
A mischievous elf I played back on RPoL  :)

Ooh! I love that pic for your profile, Keelin! I use it for medieval & historic fantasy games =)

BlkSatinSlkNLace

Lucky= My favorite magazine
GUESS= my favorite attire
79= my birth year

;D

GoldenChild

Have no idea where mine came from, I needed one when I applied to the site and it popped up in my head (that happens rather often btw... that things pops up in my head, both for good and bad)...

National Acrobat

My favorite Black Sabbath song. 8)

Nothing

I stole my name from a Poppy Z Brite book, Lost Souls

Elvi

What Fred? *grins Evily*

Elvi, as you may have guessed is an anagram of Evil.

I needed a quick name for Hel (The norse goddess of the underworld, for the want of a better description), to use, instead of her own, in a roleplay I was doing and that was the first thing that popped into my head.

It stuck with her and it stuck with me, I am quite fond of it now......*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Nothing

lol, Nothing came from Poppy Z. Brite, Fred came from Elvi :P

Elvi

Fred's a lovely name and it suites you better than Nothing......*smiles*

Nothing

*whines*
But I like Nothing!!

Atari

ORiginally Atarifendera
-atari from the band (my friend and I had a song we listened to by Slayer and Atari-she got slayer I got atari) And also from the gaming system >.<
-Fender-the guitar...my first guitar...
a-just to make it sound more feminine...tehee

Now it is just Atari...

Elvi

Atari?
So you're not a games consul after all? *looks dissapointed*

Now Nothing, if I were truely the evil tyrant that I have been dubbed, I could abuse my powers and change your name then block your account and you would be Fred for ever more............*truely evil Elvi grins*
But, you call yourself what you will and I'll still think of you as Fred.....*smiles*