News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Electric Sheeple {M for F Romantic D/s Sci-Fi}

Started by Kepesk, November 16, 2017, 11:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kepesk

(This is broken up into a summary, a bit about the potential world, and then a sample of what the first post might be like.)

First of all, thank you so much for your interest, and please do not be 'scared away' by any of the sci-fi elements here. You absolutely do not have to be into sci-fi or know anything about ShadowRun or 'cyber-punk' for this story to work. And if you just read the summary, you'll find that the essence of the story actually hinges on nothing having to do with science fiction at all.

The Summary:

So here is my idea for a ShadowRunesque/cyberpunk-themed story. The basic gist is that my character is a `Runner, (generally highly-skilled people who take espionage-type jobs usually for MegaCorp outfits,) part of a small team who took a job to steal a 'Very Important Hi-Tech Thingy' from a remote lab. However, when they go to nab the Very Important Hi-Tech Thingy, he discovers what the techies at the lab were using it for: to develop a fully-functional, independent Artificial Intelligence; something that is supposed to be highly illegal, (not to mention highly dangerous.)
As our story goes, my character drops the current `run that they’re on, informs his team, and decides to make off with the all-but-complete Android instead.

This is where you'd come in. You’re free to develop the AI character however you’d like, who she is/was, her look/feel, and what her 'personality' programming may end up being like. Some of my original thoughts were that she was essentially abducted by nefarious means, and used to create this android (also known as a 'vat-job' for the way the body is submerged in a vat of 'goo' to preserve it while it's plugged full of cybernetics) so some of those memories could crop-up at some point like a 'ghost in the machine'… But again, you're free to do whatever you'd like. She was to start out as a 'blank-slate' AI when she's first activated (very clinical/robotic…) before her personality programming activates and begins developing.

But the most important thing regarding this story - and I cannot stress this enough - is the very important, nuanced dynamic between the Android and him. After all, he's never encountered anything like her before. (No one has, really.) At first, he may be very reticent (possibly even afraid) of her. Then maybe he catches himself referring to her as "her" instead of "it". Maybe he starts questioning himself. She's certainly no mere 'pleasure-bot', but she was definitely built with the idea in mind of at least the potentiality of courting powerful men and infiltrating the highest levels of the MegaCorps, and as such, maybe part of her programming inadvertently becomes his pleasure/happiness. Which may only serve to confuse him even more!

As time and their relationship progress, his feelings toward her possibly begin to develop even more, which, in turn, confuses him even more. He has no reference point for this. So maybe he begins acting erratically. Maybe he begins to (mis)treat her like a pleasure-bot to try and justify/rectify/suppress the feelings he's developed for her.
Now this turn of events may be confusing to her! After all, she's a newly-formed AI! She has no reference point for these irrational human behaviors! But she's probably confused by a lot of things at this point anyway, so maybe she just goes along with it, thinking that's how things are supposed to be. Maybe she even starts asking him to mistreat her more to make him feel better! (Are you beginning to see how fucked-up this could potentially get...?) Which, of course, only ends up messing with his feelings even more and making him feel guilty and worse. (But better in the character arcing sense that it's forcing him to work through his feelings...)

But that's just one of any number of ways this could potentially go just to stress: the dynamic between these two is absolutely paramount.

The World:

This is all completely malleable of course, so please let me know what your ideas, thoughts and feelings are, if there’s anything you’d like to see changed, or anything at all like that. This is our world.

This could be set in the late 21st century. Somewhere around 2075 or so.  The latest iteration of might-makes-right is extraterritoriality: it allows corporations to say that whatever happens in their holdings, on the buildings and lands they own, is subject to their laws—and no one else’s. Enter: The MegaCorporations. In the midst of all this are the ShadowRunners; essentially carrying out plans which are usually illegal in hopes of thriving, often risking their lives, sometimes even for the benefit of MegaCorps. These ‘runs might include: data-stealing, burglary, breaking shit, extraction or insertion, delivery, protection, or misdirection, among others.

The Matrix enhances perceptions with hyper-realistic senses. Nearly everyone is part of it whether they will it or not. Your comm-link allows you to be online wherever you go, all the time. And augmented reality allows you to access data from the Matrix just about anywhere, overlaying it on your physical senses like a personal heads-up display. (Your character will be able to do a lot more with the Matrix than just this of course, but we can delve into that later if you’d like.)

Cyber- and bio-ware implants are readily available. An artificial neural network will make your reaction time faster. Custom-grown muscles will make you stronger. Specialized pheromone dispenser implants will make you more charming. And that’s only the beginning. Plates of armor on your skin, bones laced with metal, sharpened senses, faster brain, implanted knowledge, secret compartments, hidden weapons… The lists just go on.

So “BladeRunner” obviously, “Johnny Mnemonic”, and for your character specifically, very much the Aphrodite IX comic book, “The Machine” (which I also really love her voice characterization in,) “Ghost in the Shell”, and the “Humans” BBC show (now also on AMC I believe).

So from the start of our story, not only does my character have this highly illegal (and highly untested) piece of highly advanced tech, but he blew his `run (which you do not do) which means that the MegaCorp he was doing the `run for is going to be after him, whoever this outfit is that was putting this thing together - who's obviously highly connected - is going to be after him to get it back, and anyone else along the way who gets wind of it. (And word travels fast on the `net, especially when someone wants something really bad...)
Oh, and the plot is completely fleshed out. It was actually a completed story (but without the cyborg AI) so there would always be plenty to do. Completely malleable of course. Nothing is ever 'set in stone' in anything I play, but we'd certainly never be left without something to do.

Okay, so. That's the general idea anyway. Or a general idea. We could absolutely deviate from this in any way we choose. It absolutely does not have to go down this way. I only mapped this out as an example to show how (hopefully) not canned this is, and how (hopefully) intricate it can truly be.

A Sample First Post:

Here's a sample of what the first post might be like. I feel it helps set the stage and explain things a little. (But any of it can be changed, of course.) So give it a read,
and I hope you like it enough to message me and let me know what you think!

He made it. Well…home anyway. And he’d be relatively safe there. For the moment at least.
Kair0 [kahy-ROH] turned off the lights that had automatically turned on when he entered. He activated the blackout shading on the windows pattering with rain that comprised the facing wall. He easily moved one of the gliding chairs to the center of the room and gently set up his take from the evening in it.
He contacted Twitch, who should just about be there by now. He needed a way to secure this thing, and he just didn’t generally have a need to keep that caliber of equipment on-hand. He removed his armor-lined trench-coat revealing a vested bodysuit underneath and threw it over the sofa while he waited for the confirmation in his comm-link.
He wasn’t exactly wealthy…but he had a lot of nice `toys’, a few of which made all the difference to what may otherwise be a lackluster condo unit. The tall, white walls gave way to a vaulted ceiling which made a few things possible, like having all the doorways to the other rooms look more like high, ornate archways. Definitely not something you’d expect to find around the lower streets of Seattle. They were all just 3d-printed fakes of course, but no one who didn't have an eye for interior design would know the difference anyway.

The run had gone off without a hitch. Until Kai’ decided to go off-script, that is. He was tasked by his Mr. Johnson to `acquire’ a bleeding-edge, top-rated, military-grade piece of equipment that would allow a user to perform CyberLogician implants. The item was located in a remote warehouse in The Purlieu – a mostly-barren district on the outskirts of Seattle. The job was easy enough, mostly because there wasn’t a lot of security on the place. (Kai’ recalled Twitch referring to the security as “cute”.) It was obvious that whomever the warehouse belonged to was employing the `security-by-avoiding-detection’ mentality. After all, the bigger the lock you put on something, the more expensive the thing you’re trying to keep protected looks to others, and the more inclined they’re going to be to find out what it is.
It had certainly piqued Kai's interest. He was curious as to what they were doing in there that they would try so hard to keep a secret. But he never would’ve expected that what he would find would be her...
When he notified his small team of the magnitude of his discovery and that he would be aborting their original mission and diverting his efforts into retrieving her instead, they all knew they were in over their heads. Damn the Mr. Johnson – or rather, whomever the benefactor was who had ordered the job in the first place – for putting them in a predicament like this.
Kai’ said he completely understood and absolutely wouldn’t hold it against any of the team if they decided to slot-&-run, and com-Bo and pixL did just that. Twitch had remained, but mostly just to be Kai’s eyes & ears until he got back out.

His `link notified him that someone was at the front door. It must be Twitch because Kai’ wasn’t foolish enough to so much as order food for delivery, to the extent that he always doubled-back when he did go out for food, and even used a jammer on the local security retrievers. The few people who knew of this place would probably be dead before they’d tell anyone about it.
He flipped-on his vid-feed. Yep. Unless it was some other portly, awkwardly-dressed tech-head, then it was Twitch.

Kai’ went over to the door and keyed the lock. He cracked the door and said, “Were you seen?” Twitch snorted a little and just looked at him with a “Really?” look on his face. Then he craned his neck, trying to look past Kai’. “You got her in there?” Kai’ closed the door a little more.
Maybe,” he said, deadpan.
Come on. Lemme in.
Absolutely not, Twitch. I don’t want you any more involved than you already are.” Twitch looked at him for a long moment. But, realizing that Kai’ was right, he nodded.
"Didja stuffit?"
"What?! No! Nothing like that. Besides...that's like taking a Westwind sprawling, right?"
"Psh. With you maybe."
Did you bring the bolt?
Yeah, here you go.” Twitch pulled it out of a satchel and handed it to him. “Just apply the bolt, and that should take care of it. And even if it fails, the power-draw will make it leak like a sieve.”
Thanks. Alright, needless to say, you never saw me…and I’m probably going to have to go off the grid for a little while… I’ll contact you again once it’s clear.
Alright. Be safe then.

After Twitch had gone, Kair0 pulled up a chair and sat directly in front of her, the new centerpiece in the middle of the room. He leaned forward – his elbow just above is left knee, the other hand just above his right knee – and really examined her for the first time.

She was exquisitely built. He reached out and touched her face. Incredible. They had done an impeccable job and clearly spared no expense in time or creds. And she was extremely attractive. She was clearly made to be able to exist in high-profile environments, among the elite of bourgeoisie.
He reached down, around her thigh and connected the restraining-bolt. He did so slowly, as though she could spontaneously activate at any moment. He wasn’t sure why he was acting so trepidatious.
He sat there for another long moment, looking at her. –-It. Drek. He kept doing that. Why did he have such a problem with referring to it as a “her” anyway? After all, most people referred to their `decks as females and gave them female names. But then, most `decks didn’t actually look the part so well. And weren't naked.

Had he lost his mind? This was the kind of thing that would go up the ladder. All the way up. Like the kind of ripples that would put you on the radars you didn’t want to be on and didn't even know existed. And they wouldn’t stop until they had recovered what they had lost…and gotten rid of the evidence. All the evidence. So he hoped this worked.
One thing he knew is that he didn’t regret it. He knew that if he would have just left her there that he would have regretted it, and he made a point of living his life with no regrets.
The timing had also been key. Had they executed the run a week sooner, she may not have been anywhere near however complete she was. A week later, and she could’ve been gone altogether.

Well…there was no more putting it off… Even with all the precautions he had taken, he could still be found-out at any moment.
He took a cleansing breath, reached up, around the back of her neck…
…and activated her.

One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy