The Next Emperor (open, spots for 3 heroes and 1 princess)

Started by Untamed Skies, January 04, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

Oh bugger, Artemis is here? Everyone else should just give up now, lol

ArtemisHighmore

Hey now, what you are trying to say there Wolf? :P

IrishWolf

Nothing nothing, good Artemis. I'm not implying anything along the lines of your being an unstoppable force of nature and that your character will leave the rest of ours wallowing in shame.....Nothing like that at all.

mj2002

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 07, 2013, 05:11:35 PM
Hmmm I am going to go ahead and set my hat right here. Let me know if there is room still.
More heroes!

AribethAmkiir

Untamed Skies

There is still room for a hero or two. So if you have something in mind to ahead.

There is no problem with the princesses staying out of it it was mostly to attract anyone who might want a more dominate princess or something

sorry for the delay work's been busy.

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

IrishWolf

I don't know, I think any hero trying to win the throne, is self-serving. Their not doing it for someone else but power for themselves. Maybe they have a noble cause but it's their want to be emperor. 

Scribbles

IrishWolf,

Most of them have good intentions though as opposed to simply wanting the throne for the sake of greed alone.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

mj2002

azzmeister89

my characters not strictly all honorable, he loves to win glory, being the next emperor would do that for him, to Reynik its all just a challenge to be conquered

ArtemisHighmore

Self serving? Would you two get out of my head already. How did you know?

IrishWolf

Erwin is all for the Empire but fourteen years battling in the north, has earned him some reward, no? Emperor will be good enough.

ArtemisHighmore

Alright, roughish draft.

User: ArtemisHighmore
Character: Gavin Tyro of Greyhawk
Role: Hero/ Duke of Greyhawk
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 200
Weapon(s): Gavin is skilled with the long sword as well as the bow.
Personality: Used to hardship and warfare, jaded from the loss of friends and family over the years.

Background: Gavin was born to the Duke of Greyhawk, a small castle at the very edge of the empire. From the beginning he was taught that they stood alone, the Emperor having little care for them other than the trade that they managed to bring over the Storm Sea. Like his older brothers, he was practically born with a sword in his hand, taught to fight not long after he could walk. Training was ruthless and everything else, including lessons, was considered secondary to the training.

His constant training would be put to the test early on when The Iron Men, a band of savage, seafaring people, launched a raid into Greyhawk’s farming hamlets. Gavin had ridden out beside his brothers, searching the area for the wild men. They were ambushed at dusk and a bloody, savage battle ensued that left his oldest brother and half their force dead upon the field but they managed to drive back The Iron Men. Having barely survived himself, Gavin devoted himself even more to training, stopping only to eat and sleep.

The Iron Men, having licked their wounds and gathered their forces, launched a raid upon the Castle of Greyhawk itself. A request for forces was sent to the Emperor but no response was ever received, though several of the smaller kingdoms did lend their banners. The ensuing war was hard fought and claimed more than Gavin had ever been willing to give. With the loss of his father and older brother, Gavin was suddenly elevated to position of Duke at the age of twenty four. Even in the wake of victory, the seeds of resentment were planted in his hear, his eyes ever turned westward towards that distance figure how called himself their Emperor.

Four years later, Gavin has reestablished Greyhawk as the stalwart defender of the east that it had once been. Several times he had entertained the idea of rallying some of the outlying kingdoms and attempting a revolt but his mother, ever his advisor, was quick to pull the curtain upon such ideas, not wanting to see her death of her youngest before her mortal coil expired. When the invitation of the Royal Tournament arrived, Gavin had been tempted to cast it to the sea in disgust. His mother was quicker, explaining the possibilities should he achieve victory, the ability to reach his goals. Leaving his mother to rule in his stead, Gavin has set out upon the long journey that will take him to the very center of the Empire and face to face with the man that had betrayed his trust.

Physical Description: Gavin has a weathered roughness about him that is the product of his homeland, a windswept, harsh place on the edge of the cold Storm Sea. He keeps his hair curly and wild, his concern having never really been for his appearance but more his ability with the sword.

Appearance: See Wiki

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 07, 2013, 07:11:57 PM

Appearance: See Wiki

I LOVE this actor * 3* So sexy, haha!
And I love what you have so far, it leaves a lot of room for sneakiery and deceit :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

ArtemisHighmore

What? Sneaky and deceit? Never! >.> <.<

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 07, 2013, 08:06:41 PM
What? Sneaky and deceit? Never! >.> <.<
Yes, and for sure Jacquelyn will pick up on this treachery! But that won't necessarily stop her from being fascinated by the scoundrel with a weathered face and dark eyes. Dramadrama
my  o&o and a&a

Untamed Skies

Gavin and Cedric have very similar origins to their rise to power. He's accepted.

I'm going to start putting together the tournament bracket, my plan is for the first few rounds allow everyone to beat NPC's down. I'm thinking since they'll just be random plebeians that you can have full control over it. 

If you guys want to make up your home country, I'll put together a map of the overall Empire as well.

The last bit of business is does anyone want to control a High NPC?

CarnivorousBunny

They do, but they don't want to take revenge over her family.  That adds a bit of scary sexy anger that a sheltered girl looking for adventure won't be able to ignore.
But she will try, and will try to befriend to more honourable men like Henrik and Cedric.

I'm still considering playing the people's representative.  Let me sit on that one.
my  o&o and a&a

Untamed Skies

Cedric is only really honorable depending on who you ask. Each of his moves as Duke have been two sided, on the one hand he showed great compassion when he spared the bandits, on the other hand instead of punishing bandits he employed them. On the one hand he safeguarded the crops as if they were more valuable then gold, on the other hand he showed less mercy to the people who dared to steal from them then he did to the bandits in the first place. While his actions worked out in the long run he hasn't shown much care or interest in the opinion of the people around him.

ArtemisHighmore

Similar but there is a lack of that honorable side in Gavin. All he craves is the power and elevation of Greyhawk in the eyes of the Empire as he feels that they had been left to suffer the raids of barbarians on their own while the Empire grows fat and lethargic.

Example: The skeletons of the last Iron Men raid still swing in their cages along the coast... >.>

Untamed Skies

I think they'll make good rivals. Cedric has been seeking power because when his country fell into civil war the Empire didn't offer assistance, that lead to the death of his first wife and child. So he's in the same boat, the difference is he is looking to fix it the Empire and is willing to do anything to get it. He isn't just doing it for power.

ArtemisHighmore

IrishWolf

Whiners, both of them! The Empire has many enemies and vast borders! The generals, knights and armies can't be everywhere! Be gratful when the loyal servants of the Emperor can be bothered with your petty concerns!

-Erwin von Ritter,
Lion of the North,
Defender of the Empire,
Soon-to-be Emperor.

ArtemisHighmore

-After having a scribe duplicate the letter, he has it sent back to his allies, more fuel for the fire- ;)