New Sanctuary: The Veil [Urban Supernatural Fantasy] Need Hunters/Vamps!

Started by Dhampyress, June 19, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Quote from: Red Stella on June 23, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
I’d like to stake a faceclaim for Grace Holley. 

Currently leaning towards making a new (or about to be new?) werewolf.

Lovely news! We do certainly need more Weres! I'll add you to the list. :-)

Argent

If you are not full up on Mages, I'm thinking of a concept I've wanted to roll with for a while now.

The character would be an impulsive, impish Shaman type in his early to mid 20s who is being tutored (or haunted, depending on her mood) by an ancestral spirit whom he affectionately thinks of as his grandmother, though she's from considerably further back along the family line.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Argent on June 24, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
If you are not full up on Mages, I'm thinking of a concept I've wanted to roll with for a while now.

The character would be an impulsive, impish Shaman type in his early to mid 20s who is being tutored (or haunted, depending on her mood) by an ancestral spirit whom he affectionately thinks of as his grandmother, though she's from considerably further back along the family line.

That sounds very interesting and would be very unique. I'd love to read a full character on the concept. :-)

On the subject of mages: we are getting fairly full. I'd probably consider this concept as one of the last ones for the mages. At least until we get a better balance with the other two races.

In regards to character sheets: because I had originally intended to get them out and open to everyone by tonight, it's going to probably take me another day or two. I'm recovering from somewhat of a rather nasty cold and that's obstructed my original plans for providing everyone with intended information by a certain point and time. I thank you all for your patience! :-)

Amarlo

I hope you feel better asap, Blissy!

Side note, what are the numbers looking like for each race so far? If you don't mind me asking, of course!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on June 25, 2018, 12:46:55 AM
I hope you feel better asap, Blissy!

Side note, what are the numbers looking like for each race so far? If you don't mind me asking, of course!

Thanks! I'll certainly try. :P

I've just done a quick count. The rough numbers show five mages, four vamps, three weres and two humans. That's not including tentative concepts. Once the profile layout goes public I'll set up a chart to show the ratios, so we can keep track for the future. I've changed the title of the thread to hopefully help balance out the numbers a bit.

Also: I know I have a PM or two I still need to get to with some questions and ideas for the game. I'll get to them as soon as I possibly can. Sorry for the delay. ^^;

wander

Still here and interested, just waiting patiently for when progress happens.  :-)

Sparky01

My character concept works well for me as an Awakened Human.  If it helps, switch mine from Mage to Human.

I am developing a concept of a Native American who has achieved the awakening via his Vision Quest.  He has limited ability to understand (a form of) magic and runs a diverse shop, selling new age spiritual tools and aids.  He might perform readings where his magic allows him some insights into peoples thoughts. He then offers advice and spiritual healing to paying customers. 

In terms of magic, just small glimpses and not mastery, but would make him seem rather mystical to the unawakened.  In truth, he merely takes his insights and offers common good advice. Meanwhile, he practices and learns what he can about his gift...however that weaves into the larger story.

Dhampyress

Quote from: ehlamjanx on June 25, 2018, 07:05:39 AM
My character concept works well for me as an Awakened Human.  If it helps, switch mine from Mage to Human.

I am developing a concept of a Native American who has achieved the awakening via his Vision Quest.  He has limited ability to understand (a form of) magic and runs a diverse shop, selling new age spiritual tools and aids.  He might perform readings where his magic allows him some insights into peoples thoughts. He then offers advice and spiritual healing to paying customers. 

In terms of magic, just small glimpses and not mastery, but would make him seem rather mystical to the unawakened.  In truth, he merely takes his insights and offers common good advice. Meanwhile, he practices and learns what he can about his gift...however that weaves into the larger story.

That sounds like a great concept for an Awakened Human. A spiritual individual certainly fits rather naturally into the awakened theme and I'm looking forward to see the shop as well. One thing I will tell you all that I was planning, but have yet to announce, was the ability to allow players to bring small businesses to the game and such. I figure shops and businesses could make for great roleplay environments and would happily adhere to their addition. I figure given your wonderful concept, now was a great time to mention that and am looking forward to learning more.

Sparky01

Quote from: Blissy on June 25, 2018, 10:25:58 AM
That sounds like a great concept for an Awakened Human. A spiritual individual certainly fits rather naturally into the awakened theme and I'm looking forward to see the shop as well. One thing I will tell you all that I was planning, but have yet to announce, was the ability to allow players to bring small businesses to the game and such. I figure shops and businesses could make for great roleplay environments and would happily adhere to their addition. I figure given your wonderful concept, now was a great time to mention that and am looking forward to learning more.

Yay for the lucky stumble into collaboration.  I am envisoning a full on New Age retail store where one can have Aura Maps, Chakra Readings, Cleansings, Prayers and all forms of paths to enlightenment available to explore.  Workshop and/or gathering  space in more of a private setting behind the scenes for select clientele.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Argent

Since I have a go-ahead on the concept, I'd like to reserve Marlon Teixeira for the face claim.

The character is Jacobo (Jack) Marrero, a recent college dropout and scruffy slacker who thinks of himself as more of a Shaman than a Mage. He's recently arrived in the city, looking for a mentor who can take him past what his spirit guide (and honorary grandmother) Estrella can teach him, friends he can hang out with and talk shop and trouble he can get into.

wander

That's perfect as my Vampire has a body-mod parlour and uses the models hired there as a herd.  8-)

nastroma

Quote from: wander on June 25, 2018, 12:09:10 PM
That's perfect as my Vampire has a body-mod parlour and uses the models hired there as a herd.  8-)

That sounds intense in more ways than one.

wander

Argent

Hey, Jack is all for body art and modding, as long as all his bits leave in appropriately the same configuration they were when he came in.  ;D

Sirian Eve

Mmmm I'm  thinking  my vampire may conspire and seek to create her own clan.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

RegretNot

If we are allowed to make more than one character to start I will likely be making a mage and a vampire to give you an idea with the numbers.  Getting some ideas on vampires considering what others are putting up for concepts.

Dhampyress

Quote from: RegretNot on June 25, 2018, 10:50:44 PM
If we are allowed to make more than one character to start I will likely be making a mage and a vampire to give you an idea with the numbers.  Getting some ideas on vampires considering what others are putting up for concepts.

You can absolutely do more than one character. I'm leaving the character limit for players as three characters, at least for the beginning.

wander

Quote from: Argent on June 25, 2018, 06:46:13 PM
Hey, Jack is all for body art and modding, as long as all his bits leave in appropriately the same configuration they were when he came in.  ;D

No promises...

... You can't suppress art.  8-)

Imogen

This game looks amazing, and needless to say I'd be interested in making a character.

Now, I wondered if it would be alright to make an ordinary human, who is not in the know of this magical world around him? To ensure he'll be able to interact with others, I thought I could make him a taxi driver or a lawyer. Maybe, if someone is interested, also the boyfriend of someone's character (male or female) who has been awakened/turned not that long ago? The need to hide their new powers might add an extra dynamic to that character's story?

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Whowhatwhere

I'm interested! I'm thinking of making a werewolf, perhaps a Sentinel or a Hunter.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Dhampyress

Quote from: Imogen on June 26, 2018, 09:59:19 AM
This game looks amazing, and needless to say I'd be interested in making a character.

Now, I wondered if it would be alright to make an ordinary human, who is not in the know of this magical world around him? To ensure he'll be able to interact with others, I thought I could make him a taxi driver or a lawyer. Maybe, if someone is interested, also the boyfriend of someone's character (male or female) who has been awakened/turned not that long ago? The need to hide their new powers might add an extra dynamic to that character's story?

That sounds very interesting. There's nothing wrong with playing an ordinary human. As a matter of fact, I think that would be a great way for someone to jump into a game like this. By all means you can certainly play a regular human. ^^

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on June 26, 2018, 12:55:05 PM
I'm interested! I'm thinking of making a werewolf, perhaps a Sentinel or a Hunter.

Lovely news. We do need more Weres! If you need any insight into the pack please message nastroma. I allow him to manage all the Were affairs and details.

xPeachyPuff

Hello guys!

Haven't posted much since I first stated my interest. However I've spoken to Blissy a tad over PMs and I've approved my character idea with her! I'd appreciate you guys reading and seeing if we could possibly connect out characters stories when the sheets come out! So heres the idea!

She is a Ghost. Once just an ordinary human, she slowly became more and more susceptible to the supernatural and became 'awakened'. (The how is still not concrete yet.) Only days after becoming an awakened human she was killed. (Blissy and I discussed that it's possible she was killed in the Waterfront area as that is where the Mages will be mainly located.) Rarely after the death of an awakened human they cross into a limbo-esque plane and are trapped in something called a Haunting. This means they are caged in a small radius around their death where no human knows of their assistance other than the poltergeist activity that would begin. The Supernatural may be able to see a ghost trapped in haunting, however not clearly. They would also be able to hear them, though again, not clearly. Poltergeist activity (the ability to move or touch things while not materialised) is very energy consuming for those trapped in the haunting stage. In order for this loop to be broken, a Mage powerful enough (or a few weaker mages) must perform some sort of ritual or spell in the area. (Nothing set in concrete. I'd be interested in discussing this with Mage players and the GMs.) Upon release, ghosts have the ability to materialise and exist among the living for extended periods of time. My character will also have other small abilities; some individual ones designated to her based on her previous personality, others more general. Here's a quick list for a rough idea:

Physical Being: While it does take energy and constant awareness to keep her form solid and dimensional, the user can materialise and maintain her physical body well enough to remain so around others. She may take time to recharge or rest by allowing herself to completely relax, though usually when she is alone. This would mean she is unable to touch things or people, or have others touch her in the physical sense. She can still be seen in her true form which consists of transparency, her colouring being jaded or dulled and she may even appear blurred around her bodies natural edges.
Intangibility: The user is able to move through objects and ignore most attacks, physical dangers and gravity. It's not without its hindrances that could lead to loss of consciousness among other things. She cannot pass others or objects through walls etc.
Invisibility: The user can render themselves unseen by the naked eye and can move about an environment unseen by others and act without being observed (though certain sight abilities and other abilities may be able to still see her in some way or another during this.) She cannot make others or objects invisible, even when touching while this power is active.
Heightened Empathy: This ability is rather rare in Phantoms (it's more like an individual ability) and can be a little uncontrollable for the user. This ability allows her to 'understand' (to a very basic degree) and share the feelings of another in a profound way; someone is feeling sad? She can feel this without them saying a word. And she feels it deeply, to her very core.
Emotional Projection: Linking to her last power and also very rare and an individual kinda thing, she is able to project something she is feeling onto other people. This does not mean she can force people to be sad when she isn't; the user must be feeling said emotion in order for other people to. Again, this ability is a little unstable and can often occur without her even knowing. This can also effect people within a certain close distance to her.

As I mentioned above, ghosts are a rarity and aren't very well known compared to other beings. The factions might hear of this and want to take her under their wing? Or maybe use her for their own ulterior motives? They could possibly want to study or observe her in some way? The Mages reasoning for released her from her Haunting could be so they can have her within their faction? It's very open and lots of things could happen. (Not just with my character, but with ghosts in general within this setting.)

I think I covered everything here that I wanted to. (Blissy can inform me if I left something out from our PM discussion, I'm sure c:) I hope you guys like the idea and the introduction of a new supernatural 'race' within the game. As I mentioned, I'm opening to discussing and plotting, so if there are any mages out there that would like to discover my character and break her out from her Haunting near the beginning of the game then please let me know! c:

Argent

Nice!

And it gives Abuelita Estrella (my character's ghostly mentor/grandmother) somebody to talk ghost stuff with. =D

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Argent on June 26, 2018, 06:35:51 PM
Nice!

And it gives Abuelita Estrella (my character's ghostly mentor/grandmother) somebody to talk ghost stuff with. =D

Ayyy awesome :D Ghostie bonding!

EDIT: Also, my face claim is Alina Kovalenko.