Game of Thrones/ASOIAF - King, Targaryen and House Lords/Ladies wanted!

Started by Ramael, January 26, 2011, 10:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcost

Speaking for the Lannisters to the extent that I may, Alis, I'm sure that you would be more than welcome at the Rock. 

Clayra, you and I should work out what our relationship is, both genetically and personally.  Are you old enough to be my mom?  Probably not, I'm about 21.  Maybe an aunt, or perhaps even an older sister?

And we are Lannisters.  Taboos are for the smallfolk.
I prefer justice to irony.

Kate

Lets say cousin

Personally ? There is a good chance that Claryra own obsessions remove her from really establishing much of the intimacy that others indulge in, i don't mind if that changes, happy to role play some aspects of it out if you like.

But we can assume we know each other by sight. Have SOME idea where the other is, occasionally send ravens to update each others whereabouts or scheming, likely we know some quirks of each other also.

Btw is there any title descriptions for the game of thrones ? Ser vs King vs knight etc ?

Ramael

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ser

Quick link to Knights, brief searches will take you to the rest (it had never occured to me that there were no knights in the North, before).

So, it seems we definately have a batch of players at King's Landing. It seems only logical that we have a playerbase there, as it is the capital, after all.

Would Cerwyn mind beginning the game at least at Winterfell? There are a thousand reasons as to why a bannerman would visit his liege's castle.

Then there is one (two) at Lannisport. I think ravens were mentioned...

Also in terms of allegiance we have a definate Stark/Lannister divide. That's fine, but I think it gives Alis a certain amount of power being the only neutral one ;)

I will simply GM most of this game, but I will throw in bit-part characters every now and then. I won't, for instance, play the royalty, but will play the messengers.

Also, added to all the above that I'd like you to chew over, I'd like some opinions on whether we keep the canon characters as NPCs or dispense with them completely and get new royalty in. I'm for the latter, as it gives us more freedom and we aren't tied to doing A or B because the canon says so. I think there's only one of you that has mentioned a canon character (Cersei) in their biog, so I can't see it being that much of a problem.

I have some new ideas for the ruling house, y'see.

Primarch

Starting at Winderfell is 100% fine by me. Was likely going to anyway XD

Kate

i think run with whatever the story teller has in mind - happy to remove cannon character references from my bio (will do so asap)

ic / character link pls ! im itching to start !

The Dark Raven

Agreed.  I think it a wise idea to dispense with the Baratheons and bring in new royals.   Alis will be at the 'mercy' of her hosts, at any rate.  Any courtier would see her as simply a lady-in-waiting but I'm sure she would be well aware of the difference in whatever way (sort of like the difference Jon or Theon felt at Winterfell in the books--'family' but not really).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Kendra

Flashing my interest badge
will get that CS done up as promised Ramael  ;)

Primarch

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 01:17:36 PM
Flashing my interest badge
will get that CS done up as promised Ramael  ;)

Yay!

PM me if you'd like to plot ^>^

Kendra

howdy Irish  ;D

CS is almost done >.<
when you see it you might not want to plot lol
::)

Kendra

Rakharee daughter of the khal Rakharo and  kahleesi Jhogai

appearance:
height: 5'7"
eyes: dark brown almost black
hair: raven black
distinquishing marks: The Rakharo horse head branded into the sole of her foot

Given Name: Gendry Moreland - nickname ~ Gen

Substitute Parents: Gershwin and Elloide Moreland

The daughter of the previous Khaleesi and Khal. When Rakharo's position was brought into question and he had to fight to keep his throne, the Khaleesi put her daughter in a basket and set her a drift in the stream while the fight commenced. When the Khal was killed she was too and though they searched for the child, she was never found. The basket found its way far down stream.

A large vessel is anchored in harbour further up the coast and the King's man Gershwin Moreland sent as diplomat to speak on behalf of the King takes a few guards and using a smaller boat to wade through the shallower waters, slowly makes his way upstream. When the party arrive however it is to an already dispersing band of Dothraki, he discovers that there has been a change in power. The new Khal sends them on their way letting them know that no deals would ever be made between them. As they make their way back into their boat word filters through about the death of the Kahleesi and the missing baby .

The Dothraki not known for sailing do not even contemplate checking the water for the baby and in the passing hours the basket drifts but a league or two up stream. Moreland and his men head back to their boat and begin the return journey to their ship when they hear the cries of the baby. It had gone unnoticed on their in-journey as the baby was quiet but now hungry, they hear the cries plainly and discover her. Moreland recognises instantly the markings and the Khal insignia on the blanket that swaddles her and decides then and there to keep her, knowing that to return her to the Dothraki would be a death sentence for the baby. The men with him not being versed in the Dothraki language don't know who the baby is and are simply aghast at finding one in a basket stuck against some reeds.

Moreland gets back to his ship and they return to Westeros and there he gives the baby to his wife who has been unable to conceive. She is the only one that he tells about who the baby is, making her swear not to tell another soul. On his retirement when Rakharee who they name Gendry turns ten, they move to Dorne to live their lives quietly in the hopes that no one will ever discover the secret they keep. Now in her nineteenth year, the family travel to North to Winderfell. Elloide being a native of the North country wants to return as her sister Asvelde is on her death bed.

Talents: She is a superb horse woman, with a natural talent for it. A lover of music and dancing.

Primarch

arikelillusion

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 02:33:35 PM
howdy Irish  ;D

CS is almost done >.<
when you see it you might not want to plot lol
::)

she going to winterfell... o// hum.. with you want to plot something im in too! =D
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Primarch

Kendra

well I read that Winterfell was basically where the game was starting from so figured I best get her there somehow ;)

plotting is a must  ;D

The Dark Raven

I think there is some going on in King's Landing and some in Winterfell...

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ramael

Here's the character thread.

I'd like everyone to simply post up their characters as they have done here in this thread. I like that people have written up their own characters with the emphasis on what they see as important. One character's skill with an axe may be equal to another character's skill with manipulation...both can be just as useful.

The only thing I'd like people to include is the current location(alongside your place of birth). This will be very helpful in terms of letting us know where everyone is starting from geographically.

P.S great character concept Kendra!

Kendra

thanks Ramael ;)
actually found me a Dothraki name generator  ;D as the muse was shot

will post it up to CT now ;)

Ramael

And here's the OOC. Let's take our plotting and discussions over to there, being as we have enough players now, and we need to get on with creating the first event/situation/drama.

I'll leave this thread for anyone still wanting to express interest (especially anyone lurking wanting to play any sort of royalty, lord or lady from any part of the Seven Kingdoms).

Ramael

RECENT UPDATE:

Think you can rule the Seven Kingdoms?

Think you can rule...when rumours are rife that a Targaryen heir has arrived back in Westeros...and poses a direct threat to you and your house?

We have begun, King's Landing is beginning to stir with rumours and manipulation, and Winterfell is wakening to the stoic Starks.

What we need is a Baratheon King in King's Landing. He can be whatsoever personality you wish.

We also need a Targaryen heir, or heiress.

The plot is that the Targaryens have made it back to Westeros, with help from unknown sources. Unknown to the Baratheons, at least...

I'm happy for the King and Heir to play their characters however they wish, but it stands to reason that the Targaryen will be wanting the Iron Throne, that they were rightfully deposed of by the Baratheon King.

Half of Westeros may still see the Targaryen heir as the rightful ruler...especially if they have a bad relationship with the Baratheon monarch.

Post interest here or PM me for more information.

Is yours the fury?

GM note: We are playing in an alternate universe, but with the canon history from the start of book one. So, all characters are OC's, but there WAS a war that ended up deposing and exiling the Targaryens. Everything else is player-generated.

Ramael

MOAR RECENT UPDATE

We've got a good game rolling, but I'm always looking for more players. Namely the Targaryen Heir and the (until now ill and bed-ridden) Baratheon Monarch.

If you want to be considered for either of these roles, mention so here or PM me with a proposal. The above information in the previous post is still valid.

ALSO.

What I'm really interested in now is getting a few more Lords/Ladies of various other houses in Westeros represented. We already have the Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells and Cerwyns represented. There are a milleiu of other interesting houses to play, some of which have been mentioned in the series, all of which have been mentioned in the books.

Greyjoys, Florents, Tullys, Tarlys, Brackens, Blackwoods, Mormonts...the list numbers many more, and we need charismatic/devious/ambitious/alloftheabove nobility to lead them!

Some House-flavour for you; http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-character-guide-infographic-mcrid-111205/

Handy map

Great Houses

There is an upcoming tournament at King's Landing at which you will most probably be asked to attend and compete in, not to mention other rumours of witchcraft abroad to mull over...

Here are the IC threads for your perusal.

King's Landing
Winterfell
Lannisport

Also the character thread to give you some more inspiration juice.

Approved character list

Winter is coming!

bubby

RedEve

Antyhing in particular you need in terms of the smaller houses?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

bubby

(LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO CHANGE AND/OR ADD ANYTHING TO THIS!)

Character Name: Queen Kyra Greyjoy
Nickname(s): Lady Krakan
Parents: Father- Bezoer Greyjoy , mother died upon her birth, daughter of a minor Bannerman.
Birthplace: Pyke
Current Location: Lannisport
Orientation: Heterosexual
Languages: Westerosi

Biography: Kyra is a fierce woman, having been proclaimed Queen at the Kingsmoot by all the Lords Bannermen easily. Her father before her had paved her path, and she had made sure to keep it open with fierce raiding and slicing open whatever bowels or throats were needed. She commands her own longship Storm Crusher , along with the entire fleet of nearly 500 sleek war ready ships, and enough men to power them. She can drink with the best of them, fight with the best of them, and fuck with the best of them. But she is Queen, and there is NO mistaking this fact.

Many years have gone by, and the Ironborn have remained about the Iron Islands, Queen Kyra sitting the Seastone Chair in her castle on Pyke but wishing for more. Raiding along the coast has been frequent but less and less fruitful. And now ravens have been arriving with news. The Lannister King is bedridden, and his whore is acting regent, with rumor swirling around her of witchery. The Seastone Chair is nice, but the Iron Throne? Perhaps it is time to claim the highest prize of all...

Ramael

Bubby - wonderful. I can't wait to see what Kyra Greyjoy has in store for Westeros. I was thinking of whom would have made your rivals, and maybe allies now, but I'm sure you're all over that like ivy on a fence. 'Proved! What does she think of the Starkling, and how is she finding Lannisport? All that can be covered IC I suppose.

RedEve - Just good, decent noble characters. Heads of houses, with their own interests and own ambitions. What are your thoughts?