Game of Thrones/ASOIAF - King, Targaryen and House Lords/Ladies wanted!

Started by Ramael, January 26, 2011, 10:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Winter is coming...

RECENT UPDATE:

Think you can rule the Seven Kingdoms?

Think you can rule...when rumours are rife that a Targaryen heir has arrived back in Westeros...and poses a direct threat to you and your house?

We have begun, King's Landing is beginning to stir with rumours and manipulation, and Winterfell is wakening to the stoic Starks.

What we need is a Baratheon King in King's Landing. He can be whatsoever personality you wish.

We also need a Targaryen heir, or heiress.

The plot is that the Targaryens have made it back to Westeros, with help from unknown sources. Unknown to the Baratheons, at least...

I'm happy for the King and Heir to play their characters however they wish, but it stands to reason that the Targaryen will be wanting the Iron Throne, that they were rightfully deposed of by the Baratheon King.

Half of Westeros may still see the Targaryen heir as the rightful ruler...especially if they have a bad relationship with the Baratheon monarch.

Post interest here or PM me for more information.

Is yours the fury?

Being as the books are so good and have a massive readerbase, and the upcoming series on Sky is due any moment now (Sean Bean as Eddard Stark...I mean I see it, but I also don't at the same time?), thought I'd throw up an interest check before the storm hits.

This is only an interest check, ideally I'd love for a couple other experienced RP'ers who are really interested to help run the game (maybe people who have the board game/who have played the RPG?) once it's on its feet, but I am literally just gauging interest for now.

My idea would be to use OC's. These characters can and should be close to the canon characters, as the canon characters will crop up in the narrative or as NPCs, but largely unaffected by the player characters. The timeline will be rolling in order of the book, so we will start off in the "time" of the first book, giving our characters time to establish themselves and develop relationships with each other before the war hits and people are forced to choose sides, either Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy or even the small houses etc.

I'd like freedom of choice and unique characters, so wildling characters would be encouraged alongside sellswords (although if you do choose the latter please involve yourself, the mercenary is an attractive archetype in all games but most expect the game to revolve around them!) and clansmen of the tribes whom Tyrion managed to "hire".

So, what would you be? A bannerman of the stoic Starks, proud Lannisters, Renly or Stannis' Baratheons, Tyrells, Florents, the grim ironmen of the Greyjoys? Or a wildman beyond the wall, one of Mance Rayder's closest men, or perhaps a rival to his power? Would you even rather be a spy in the service of Varys or Littlefinger in King's Landing?

For the girls, would you choose an embittered female knight character similar to Brienne? Or perhaps a feral spearwife like Ygritte? Maybe a powerful and dangerous noblewoman such as Cersei? Or one of Chataya's prized whores in King's Landing, subject to the noblest clientelle and all their noble secrets?

If people majoritively declare interest for one particular area or particular time in the books, then I have no problem altering the game to fit in with this.

George R.R Martin's world is a rich one, full to the brim with hard-fought battles of both sword and tongue, siege and subterfuge, and plenty of ripe lust. I'd love to have some people explore it further with me.

EDIT: 12/7/11
This has been updated. Please check my most recent post in this topic for more up-to-date information on what we're looking for here.

We're going for an alternate world, involving the canon Houses and families, with the players playing...who ever they want, actually, so long as they can prove influential somehow. Oh, and of course, original characters only.  :-)

Ramael

Really? No one's read any of the books? Maybe you've forgotten, here's a link to jog your memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_song_of_ice_and_fire

Also, for the more visual orientated (or maybe just those who have a thing for Sean Bean) here's a trailer for the upcoming show.

Game Of Thrones - trailer

If there are no replies after this, I shall duly let this die, which would be a shame. But I bet you'll all come crawling back after the show gets aired! :D

bloodrose

I would love to be a part of a RP that involved the world of the Song of Ice and Fire world!  I am soooo looking forward to the series.

My problem is it is such a sweeping epic story that I don't know how it would be possible to roleplay it, unless you pick one area, and set a roleplay there, within the boundaries.  Please tell me what you have in mind, I would love to be a part of it, I just don't know how!
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

KaiiVii

I love the books but like bloodrose said the setting is kinda overwhelming and I haven't finished all of the books that are out yet. (thanks for the info on the series though! Didn't know about it)
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

kckolbe

Definitely interested in hearing more.  I'm a fan of the books and have played the Green Ronin RPG.  Will our characters all be separate?  If so, are you expecting pvp?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ramael

Quote from: bloodrose on January 29, 2011, 08:14:28 AM
I would love to be a part of a RP that involved the world of the Song of Ice and Fire world!  I am soooo looking forward to the series.

My problem is it is such a sweeping epic story that I don't know how it would be possible to roleplay it, unless you pick one area, and set a roleplay there, within the boundaries.  Please tell me what you have in mind, I would love to be a part of it, I just don't know how!

Aha, interest!

Very good point. Sticking to one area would be fine I suppose, and it makes things easier to concentrate on.

I think it's feasible that we could have a game spanning all of Westeros, with a few players per house, but let that be a long-term goal if the game gets up and rolling.

I'd be loathe to make my own choice-I love all the geography and houses of the books, so I'd be happy taking a vote on where people would prefer to focus on for the time being. For a start, I personally think the timeframe of the books themselves would be better, rather than the first Greyjoy rebellion or the time of the battle of the Trident, simply because there is more source material on it.

Anyone else have any parameters they would like to play within, or ideas they would like to see involved?

Kckolbe- I'd expect a small element of freeform pvp would crop up at some point, I wouldn't like to make this a system game at all, there's the already very good RPG for that. I'm much more into the characters, how they can influence each other directly or indirectly.

Kaii-I haven't either! Just finishing the first part of Storm of Swords as we speak, no spoilers please! :D

KaiiVii

If I played it would have to be a made up, or very minor character because I don't know if I remember enough to play the cannon characters very well.

Ramael

Yup, my original post said the game would only involve OC's, as opposed to using canon characters, although I imagine they'd crop up at points depending on the game and where everyone is.

KaiiVii

Oh...right xD Temporarily forgot about that...

Ramael

No worries :D

I've been thinking, and it may be easier if we....froze an element from the books, and used that.

For example, make it during the War of the Five Kings (all good stories come amidst wars), but let's just toggle a few things here and there. These shouldn't be spoilers, unless I am a prophet of some kind.

Let's say Mance Rayder has made it over the wall and has come into contact with the Greyjoys, then House Bolton.

Let's say Renly is alive, and jostling with his brother over who has the right to lay seige to King's Landing.

With just these two things happening concurrently, it brings the continent closer together, and all the disparate factions in a closer mix, allowing for possible player characters to mingle more so.

What sayest thou?

oberkommandoderdan

I just want to say that I am interested in this idea. Please keep me informed.

Mayakterra

I'm actually quite familiar with the Ice and Fire series... I was very disappointed when the Dance of dragons was constantly delayed (Although it now has a release date!)

I'd be very interested in being involved in this RP, and if you need any help with setting/story/world modifying for putting it into RP forms let me know, I tend to be pretty good at that kind of thing.

Ramael

Thanks Maya! That's exactly what I do need, I think, because of the sheer scale of the story world.

Let's get some thoughts bouncing around. First, do we have an overwhelming majority preference for zoning in on one particular area in Westeros? King's Landing, or the Wall, for example?

Then, do we have any thoughts on timescale? It may be easier to set our story at the end of A Feast for Crows (I'm just starting it!) so that everyone is on the same page, so to speak.

Thirdly, does anyone think the hypothetical/non-canon scenario that I thought up in my previous post would actually be better than playing completely by the book? Maybe a setting that we have customised would give us greater freedom, maybe not.

Thoughts!

oberkommandoderdan

I have no geographic preference, but would it be possible to use green ronins rules?

Mayakterra

Trying to make an RP cannon is an extraordinarily hard task to do, especially on a world this scale with stories that take place all over the continent. For the sake of our RP, we can have acknowledgment of the worlds events and their effects, even the people involved... but trying to interact with the story world itself just doesn't seem plausible to me. It would basically be the equivalent of fan fiction... but then again what isn't?

That being said and recognizing it may not be canon, it might be fun to do an RP where we DO play the roles of the major characters (Cersei, Kingslayer, Tyrion etc) and start at some point in the books, and branch off on our own story maybe going off the idea "what if?" People interested could easily learn enough about their character to be able to act the part pretty well.
    Another advantage of doing that, is that characters technically could be in different places at different times and still interact in their story. They could receive word of the others actions, take messengers, etc. Not to mention there's plenty of personal drama that occurs from people being in the same place even in the books.

Alternately if we wanted to make unique characters I would discourage the wall unless the entire RP was to be of the Night Watch's battle against the lands beyond the wall. That would make for an interesting story, but it would lack the diversity of the rest of the world.

Kings landing might be a good choice, but it is limited unless everybody plays some sort of royalty or other.

One option is to start the RP at a tournament going on somewhere in westeros, right before or shortly after the war of five kings, the lord, ladies and other characters could have interactions there, and it could then arc out into the story world.

Another idea could be a smaller hedge knight, or a lesser lord that pledged fealty to the king of the north, but after the events of a storm of swords, find themselves liege-less and perhaps even castle less after a raid, and so the main people of the house become refugees trying to find some salvation in the war torn country. (So a party of a lord, lady, maester, knights, servants, pages... leaves a wide opening for characters and situations. Maybe they move formally in a large convoy, maybe they're reduced to poverty catching rabbits and trying not to starve, who knows)

Those are just a couple of ideas to throw into the brainstorming pot. <shrug>

oberkommandoderdan

Those are great ideas. I always like it when the group split into 2 or more factions and then worked together to undermine the other factions. we could be emissaries in kings landing or rival noble houses in one or two neighboring kingdoms.

Ramael

Maya, they're cool ideas. The latter stuff sounds like what's going on in the Riverlands, and Beric Dondarrion's crew at the moment.

Whatever happens, I only have two criteria, and they are that we use our own unique characters, and that there is equal role oppurtunities.

In that case, the Wall is probably out (being that all of the Night's Watch is ostensibly all men who have taken chastity vows...then again there are those trips to Mole's Town for the whores...not as interesting as other places in the books could be, though).

Im pretty upto speed with all the books now. Just coming to the end of Feast for Crows.

Enough blabbering! I'm feeling we are coming to two options for our story - the first is the situation Maya described above, a retinue of Northmen/minor Stark/Tully bannermen whom have been scattered after the war, one small group remaining together as they travel the war-torn Riverlands.

The second is the King's Landing option - now I think if we were to choose this, we use a different city to King's Landing. One of those not really seen in the books yet, maybe Highgarden? There are plenty of options for characters there, and the thing that makes this different to the first option is that a lot of the characters can have completely different objectives and still operate around each other, making for a nice tense environment. You have Lords and Ladies, their squires and servants, their pledged knights, the Maesters, the whores, the minor lords and ladies who are aspiring for power...

Personally, I'd be quite happy with either scenario, I think they both have potential.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Ramael on April 03, 2011, 08:09:42 AM
...a retinue of Northmen/minor Stark/Tully bannermen whom have been scattered after the war, one small group remaining together as they travel the war-torn Riverlands...
This appeals greatly to me.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

Good! There's one vote. If we go down that route, we could "paralyse" the canon there. As in have the story of the first book, but from the start of our RP, things are very subject to change, and the player characters have the potential to alter things in the wider world, things won't happen as they do in the other books necessarily. This means that players who have only seen the show AND players who have read the books can play without canon clashes.

Maybe our core of players has a Lannister/Baratheon captive or captives, and once this person/these persons are ransomed, our merry little band will have the funds to return to their standing army or to go outlaw. Of course we'd need someone to play the captives, both during their capture and after they return to King's Landing/Storm's End. Depending on how they are treated, it may affect how they view the war from that point on.

The key here in this RP is that I want a balance of fighting and intrigue. We need characters that are just as powerful with their words as the other characters can be with their swords.

Primarch

QuoteA bannerman of the stoic Starks, proud Lannisters

Hmm....Stark or Lannister....its the question for me.....

TheHangedOne

I'd personally still like to play something akin to a "Wild child"who might be more the type to get into trouble with his words than get out of it.  Could be a lot better for helping the initial group navigate the wilderness, and with hunting and stuff, though.  If that'll clash, though, I'll go with something else.

Quote from: Primarch on July 10, 2011, 07:34:43 AM
Hmm....Stark or Lannister....its the question for me.....
Is that even a question?  XD Admittedly, The Imp is my favorite character on the show (I haven't read the books), but Starks are awesome.
Check out my poet tree!

tcost

If this goes anywhere, I would definitely be interested. 

I prefer the city idea myself, but if we go the Stark/Tully group idea I wouldn't mind being a Lannister captive. 
I prefer justice to irony.

Ramael

I'd prefer it if we could have BOTH situations running parallell to each other, personally, (it would make for great tension - imagine the family, lords and ladies fretting in King's Landing about getting their heir back but also making plans for the worst, each member of the Small Council out to serve his or her own interests) but it's good we've got interest for both, as I'm not sure we have players enough to run both as it stands.

THM, that's fine, I'm sure you can drum something up, some poacher constantly hiding from the king's men, serving himself and his allies. What would be his motive for helping the group though? Oh I'm sure you can sort all that out yourself.

Also, I'm thinking we should maybe start from scratch with our story, rather than follow the book at all. I think this would give us a lot more freedom and creativity. Thoughts? I think basing it in the middle of a small-scale war between two of the Houses (taking votes for these) gives us a good enough setting.

Other character types to think about (just for some juice, use them if you want but come up with your own if you fancy) -

Whisperers in King's Landing - Think of Varys and Littlefinger. They also had their own talents that won them the throne's favour.

Forgotten claimants - Maybe you're a forgotten highborn living in Braavos or similar, waiting for the time to come back to Westeros and take what's rightfully yours. Or maybe you're a bastard-born, but in the wake of the recent war, you think you have just as good a claim as any?

Minor Lord/Lady - Of one of the smaller Houses in Westeros. There's a basic guide to be found here with part 2 to that lurking somewhere nearby. Maybe you see a way to make your family better off somehow? Or maybe you're holding a grudge, one of the other houses has been responsible for the death of one of your loved ones, and you're keen on allying yourself with any other house who would help you get revenge?

Wildling - Whilst not strictly IN Westeros, if someone writes up a decent enough proposal as to why one or a group of these guys might be all the way down south, I'm prepared to think it over. Warning people about the Others/White Walkers? Pillage loot plunder? Trying to make yourself a lord? The men of the Night's Watch will be hot on your heels...

Some of these ideas are more given to one scenario or the other, and all can be either gender. Just something to think about - no need to copy exactly, I'd encourage more discussion etc.

TheHangedOne

Thinking it'd be more like my character was a member of the group already, he's just always been eccentric as hell.  Or maybe he was outcasted at some point, maybe for something he didn't do, and when he sees the rest of the Family/group lose their home, he takes sympathy on them because even after all these years, he's still loyal.  Which actually sounds a bit more ridiculous written out than it did in my head.  I'll tinker on it some more.

Well, in the series, their was the small group of Wildlings that came South because they wanted to GTFO of dodge, and were heading as far south as they could. Something similar to that could be interesting, imo; we end up displaced in the Seven Kingdoms, wandering around, trying to survive. Who knows, maybe one of the Houses (minor or not), eventually wants to take us in... for good reasons, bad reasons, or maybe a bit of both.

That's about as much as I can think of, though.

Going the Minor Lord/Lady route, I think it'd be cool to serve as one of the bannermen of Stark.   :-)

Just my own two cents, as always, take it, leave, it, do as you wish.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

fallensaviour

hmm, i get the feeling i'm not going to be able to play a dothraki in this in any feasible way

TheHangedOne

As a heads up, I won't be posting on E until this weekend; got a lot going on. But I am still on for this game when it takes off.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

tcost

Conversation about the possible game does seem to have picked back up. 

We could put together a Dothraki game, I guess, but I think that most interest is for Westerosi politics. 

Ramael

Quote from: fallensaviour on July 12, 2011, 08:23:59 PM
hmm, i get the feeling i'm not going to be able to play a dothraki in this in any feasible way

You'd be surprised, actually, but without giving any spoilers away I'll just say I'd encourage creativity here. It's feasible for a couple or a small group of Dothraki to be in Westeros.

TheHangedOne

Ninja-posting on E while I have the chance; won't be genuinely active until Tuesday, though. I think a displaced Dothraki or two could be interesting, but I have zero interest in playing a Dothraki.
Check out my poet tree!

Alsheriam

A/A

tcost

If anyone is going to the San Diego Comic Con, the Game of Thrones panel will take place at 3 p.m. on Thursday, in Ballroom 20, capacity 4900.  Weiss and Benioff will be there, and GRRM himself, along with the actors who play Tyrion, Dany, Jamie, Drogo, and Jon Snow. 

Alsheriam

A/A

Primarch

Well I'm decided upon a Bannerman of the Starks! (although associated with which particular land I have no idea~)

tcost

Quote from: Alsheriam on July 17, 2011, 12:13:31 PM
Why is Drogo there? He's dead! :P

Jason Momoa will have to be at the convention anyway, to promote the Conan movie, so why not appear on this panel too?  The con is putting him up already.  And some actors enjoy the fans.

Primarch

Quote from: tcost on July 17, 2011, 07:31:02 PM
Jason Momoa will have to be at the convention anyway, to promote the Conan movie, so why not appear on this panel too?  The con is putting him up already.  And some actors enjoy banging fans senseless.

Noticed a typo, fixed it.

TheHangedOne

Back to actively posting on E for the time being! Also, I brought something groovy. Although it sadly uploaded smaller than it actually is.

Map of Westeros
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

That's actually incredibly handy, good find THM.

Myself, I have the maps of Westeros in all the books, but it's still a good quick reference to have here.

Can we do a quick rolecall for who's still interested? I don't mean to drag this out but there are a few people at the top of this thread whom I don't think still have interest. I know you recent posters all do, just double checking for a rough total.

tcost

Alsheriam

A/A

Primarch

It's been a couple weeks. Is anything happening with this?

Ramael

Ah! My bad, had forgotten about this in a tide of RL things. Thanks for bumping to my attention, Karma.

Right, well.

I'm still keen on getting this going. I wouldn't mind someone to help me co-gm this, as I think it's going to be something of rather large scope.

Secondly, I'm going to dispense with conventional character rules and sheets to begin with.

I'll open this up completely...you make the characters guys, and I will fit them into an overarching plot. I appreciate you'll have problems with your characters histories before the plot is up, so leave that blank for now (or feel free to suggest something...your creative juices may get flowing as your create a character). We need to narrow down our scope. Eventually, as we get more players, I'd like to see different character types coming into play, from other locations in Westeros (much like the series is slowly doing). For now, let's just grind through some sized-down character applications, I've got a rough plot in my head, I'd like to see people's ideas for characters first.

For anyone lurking or wanting to join whom hasn't posted yet, I'll recap you with what we're doing - a parallel Westeros, with a matching history to the canon up until the events of the first book. Our play will see the player characters creating Westeros's history through whatever means they choose. Any and all types of character considered;
Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Targaryen, Tully, Frey, Greyjoy, Mormont (any house in Westeros). Lady, Lord, Knight, Kingsguard, applications for ruling regent King/Queen considered, minor nobles, whisperers such as Varys and Littlefinger, high-class whores such as Alayaya, sellswords, Septons (that is the priests of the Seven in Westeros), Men of the Night's Watch, travelling singers, literally any type of person from the series or books.

Feel free to "break" from convention - don't feel like you have to stick to the main Houses' types. If you see an opening for a treacherous, scheming, Stark, make one. Or maybe a naive, honest Lannister. I personally would like to see characters from some of the minor houses, but I am open to literally anything.

What sort of detail do you want in a character sheet?

Well, anyway, here's something I whipped up.

Character Name: Ellynn Hill
Nickname(s): Lyn
Parents: Unknown non-Westerosi mother, unknown Lannister father
Birthplace: Unknown for certain, assumed to be Lannisport
Orientation: Open
Languages: Westerosi, Braavosi, smatterings of Dothraki

Biography: Ellynn's earliest memories were of a Lannisport orphanage. It was there she spent her unpleasant prepubescent years. While she was there, a solicitor would visit once a month, delivering to her a package. In these packages were rather generous stipends, courtesy of her mysterious father. As much as she pressed the solicitor for information, he never gave her an inkling of her father's identity. She could only assume it was because he either hated her or was ashamed of her, and would not forgive him on either count. The stipend would have allowed her to live quite comfortably, but it was not enough to retain a protector, and she certainly could not live alone. Forced to stay at the orphanage, it was a daily struggle, and not often a successful one, to keep the money she was given out of the hands of the bullies, and even the caretakers. Her brilliant blonde hair earned her only further ire from them. Left alone in the world and seemingly under attack from all sides, she became a secretive and distrustful child. When she believed herself old enough, she ran away from the orphanage with what money she had managed to hide away. She made it as far as Braavos before her funds ran out. There she was forced to learn many things, from having a hidden knife at the ready to cooking a wonderful meal, and other considerably darker skills. Several years later, after she had come of age, the old solicitor found her in a grungy tavern in Braavos. He presented her with the income that had accumulated in her absence, and informed her that house Lannister was interested in providing her with employment. She returned with him to Lannisport and spoke with a retainer tasked with managing her “case.” He refused to get into specifics, only willing to say that in return for a significant wage, Ellynn would be “called upon” from time to time and given a job to perform. Having long ago come to the conclusion that little in life mattered apart from pleasure and money, she agreed. Rather than use the money she was given, however, she arranged for her wages to be deposited in the Lannisport Bank, preferring to live off the fruits of her own labors. Waiting to be called upon by the Lannisters, she lurked the darker places of Westeros, taking all manner of work.

TheHangedOne

I might still play here, I'm not sure yet.  I just may not have enough time to take on another rp.
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

That's a great character concept Karma, quite a nice convoluted history. I can see how she may fit into an overall plot already...

TheHangedOne

Name: Henrik "Beastmaster" Stark
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight

Parents/Siblings: Stark Family
Birthplace: Winterfell

Languages known: Westerosi.
Skills: Cooking, camping, campaigning, foraging, using an axe (In battle), using a spear (In battle), using a crossbow (in battle), light armor, canine training, riding (Horse, dire wolves), weapon and armor maintenance.
Special Skills: Animal Empathy. He has an intuititve, some might say mystic, ability to understand the thoughts and feelings of most animals. He is able to communicate to them through rough vocalization (growls, snarls, hisses, other sounds) as well as physical posturing, in a crude fashion. No animal is beholden to listen to him, although most, even the vicious ones, seem inclined to give him a wide berth. It is because of this talent he is known as the "Beastmaster".

Equipment: Because he often travels, Henrik often takes to carrying plenty of things with him. On any given day, he has enough rationed food (dried meats, nuts, berries, flat bread or hard tack, clean water, wine) to last him and his carnivorous friends a week. Additionally, he carries a small hand crossbow with a quarrel of 20 bolts, "Executioner" a one handed battleaxe made from Valyrian Steel (He discovered this on one of his many adventures, when he was younger, in a ruin.), wolf fur-lined leather cloak (dyed vermilion) with hood, cuir bouilli armor, steel-toed traveling boots. Most of these supplies are held in a small cart, which he usually pulls along on his own.

Appearance: With wild, long pitch black hair, and a large, bushy beard of similar coloration, Henrik appears far older than he really is. He has often been mistaken for some kind of wild man outside the walls of Winterfell. At Six feet even, and 240 lbs, he has an imposing physique. Broad-shouldered, barrel-chested, and with noticeable muscular build; especially his legs, from all the traveling on foot he does.

Companions: At almost all times, he is in the company of two Dire Wolves named Belda and Obda. Belda is a male, 3 years old. Obda is a female, 4 years old.  That means they are very big, and while well trained and docile around him, each is fully capable of violently ending the existence of most threats they may come across. He also has a raven with him named "Oden".

History: When he came out of his mother's womb, he came out kicking, screaming, and fighting, it's said. Even from a young age, he's always been quite vicious and a bit on the savage side of things, despite his parents and tutors best attempts at teaching and refining him.

In all honesty, he's something of a black sheep amongst his family, but kin's kin. The rough way he carries himself and dresses is crude, and not fitting royalty, after all.

He first started to adventure when he was 15. Back then, it was confined to the streets of Winterfell and the surrounding environs (when he could ditch his watchers), but as he got older and his parents realized that their was no real stopping him short of binding him in chains, they basically granted him free right to go where he pleased. Possibly, they were happy to not have him wandering around the castle, generally being troublesome (through no actual intent of his own; being himself simply caused it.)

He constantly roams the continent, driven by an insatiable wanderlust. And always, it is with his faithful wolf companions, those animals whom he first grew to understand and love as kin. In his travels, he usually takes it upon himself to poke around ruins for things that interest him, and to take on an almost vigilante-esque mission of bandit killing. Thieves, muggers, rapists... humanity has a lot of unsavory people. Henrik finds joy in the simple act of killing them, or watching his wolves rip them apart and devour them.

The axe he has is something he's been in possession of for only a few months; he found it while looking around one of the ruins he loves so much. He is unaware of its unique nature, but was fascinated by the depiction of dragons on it.
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

I'll properly look that over later THM, just letting people know I won't be able to constructively post for a while, bit tense here in London at the moment.

Primarch

Name: Thorin Cerwyn
Position: Heir of House Cerwyn

Backstory: Thorin Cerwyn is the eldest child of Medger Cerwyn. Their house is one of the closest bannermen to the Starks, both physically and figuratively with the Castle only half a day's ride away and they being some of their most brave and honourable allies. That is perhaps until recent times. Medgar has taken an approach of isolation from surrounding houses so as to protect himself as his years are few remaining. With the discovery of high quality minerals in the mountain side, Medger has started to adorn his men in armour and with weapons they like they have never had before. His shining army is worthy of praise and song but it has crippled the House coffers to the point that the House blacksmith is likely the richest person on the land.

Thorin has ever been a more social sort, gladly riding to aid ally or friend since before he had hair on his chin. Although these days he is celebrated as a warrior tested and true, in truth he would gladly retire to his father's position (once the "legacy" desperate old man enters his final sleep) and find himself a wife to bear him many children. But for now he is content to earn glory that may earn the attention of a suitable women to be his bride. With his father hidden away in Cerwyn Castle, Thorin has become a more well known face as he alone represents the family.

Skills: Although known to be an expert with his bastard sword there are some that can tell you he is most dangerous when a throwing spear is in his hand, of which he has natural gift to tunnel his vision and work out distance for a perfect throw. He can ride a horse with the finest of them but prefers to travel and fight on foot when practicality affords. With his father hidden away in the castle he has for all intents and purposes taken over any leadership responsibilities when the House must defend its land or go to war, although taught leadership and tactics by scholars when he was a boy, it is experience and harsh reality that has forged the dangerous leader of men he is today. When deprived of a weapon is has proven capable of defending himself with just his hands and has been known to guide an attacker into a position that he may snap their neck or inflict a disarming wound.

Equipment: As a warrior Thorin tends to wear a fine chain under his banded mail and like many others of the cold northern lands he wears a wolf skin cloak. His chief weapon is a finely bastard sword that bears the family motto "~Honed and Ready~". His armour and weapons have all been forged of the metal taken from the mountain, twice as hard as steel and only half the weight, it is naturally a brass colour. He has a riding horse protected by a chain coat, it usually carries his throwing spears. In a pinch he'll carry a few himself. 
Retinue: Although when Thorin rides to fight it is usually with what of the army his father will allow out of their lands, there are a few who ride with him at all times. They are his finest friends and most trusted aids.
Sir Gideon, Knight of Castle Cerwyn. Master of sword, shield and bow and a finer horse rider then Thorin himself. His confidence is matched only be his blinding agility. He has a strange talent for finding a suitable tavern when shelter and food is needed.
Iona, First Shieldmaiden of Cerwyn, although young in years compared to her peers, she has learned how to wield a two-handed sword from Thorin finer then any man who would learn from him. In the role of bodyguard she is finest without question, with an eye for detail and a talent for getting into the head of others.
Jace Sammerhand Originally placed with Thorin to provide him a practical mind and scholar on the routes to be sure the future of Cerwyn would be of capable mind, Jace has proven himself a capable hand at a variety of tasks when the marshal talents of the others are not called for. He is a gatherer of information, a dagger under cloak with the brightest of smiles. He is a bard and spy, a scholar and killer. He also does the cooking when there isn't other options. His stew his good.

arikelillusion

hi =)

i am a huge fan of those books!! and i think that this would be reallu fun!! ^^

but i was think that what character i should be... which famele character is need? can be any?

anyone need a lady sister? any family is fine for me... but i really like the Starks!!  =P
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Primarch

My character isn't a Stark. :P
He's a bannerman of the Starks, totally different.

Primarch

So we have...
A Lannister connected gal
A Stark
A Stark Bannerman
(Assuming Ram gives the approval for the latest two)

and possibly a Lady if arikelillusion continues her interest.

arikelillusion

-nods- i still have interest! o//

A Lady Stark ^-^

if someone want to created a sister\ brother relationship just let me now... we could be from another family if the story is good =D
need to know so i could write my character...
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

I'll probably write up a few supporting characters soon.

Tydorei

Niki315

I could probably get in on this too.  I'm reading a Dance with Dragons right now, and I feel that I should get reacquainted with the older books.  Is this game going to be primarily Stark-based/Northern area?  I'm trying to figure out what sort of character I should make.

I think a diversity of characters would be better.

Niki315

Okay, I'll think about making some sort of character from one of the other regions.  Stark and Lannister is covered.  Maybe I'll make an ironborn character or someone from Riverrun.

Character Name: Sazini Saavira
Nickname(s): Zin
Parents: Unknown, irrelevant
Birthplace: Braavos, probably
Orientation: Picky
Languages: All major languages of the Free Cities, broken Westerosi

Biography: Abandoned from a young age, Sazini grew up underfoot in alleys, living off scraps and charity. As was often required of abandoned youth, Zin rapidly learned the delicate art of pickpocketing and shoplifting, and later on the very useful ability to sweet-talk and seduce coin out of passers-by. Due to the quality of individual looking for sex in the back alleys of Braavos, when so much was available in the public areas, Zin also learned early how to kill. Displeased with the constant presence of people on the streets, Zin eventually took to the rooftops of Braavos, running free where there were no shambling, smelly masses to slow Zin down. The only person Zin came to trust was the young Ellynn Hill, who seemed to be of similar soul. The two embarked on an entrepreneurial adventure, founding their own “sorting” agency. They were more often paid to warm a bed than slit a throat, but as their reputation grew so did demand for their other services. Androgynous and quiet, Zin was often overshadowed by the stunningly gorgeous Lyn, but that was just how Zin liked it. Those that specially requested Zin, however, tended to pay much more. Though only armed with what sparse Westerosi that had sunk in from Lyn's dealings with customers, Zin followed Lyn to Lannisport, presumably unknown to Lyn's new employers.

Autumn Sativus

How much of the series would it be best to know before attempting to get involved here? Just by doing a bit of googling regarding potentially playing a Baratheon I've already spoiled several things for myself, so... I'd best be careful.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

I believe we're starting near the beginning and not following the original plot necessarily, so I'd guess you don't need a ton. But I'd wait for Ramael's official word on that.

arikelillusion

Name: Becky Stark
Parents: Lord and Lady Stark, Lord of Winterfield (do not put names because someone might want to take the role)
Birthplace: Winterfell
Languages: Westerosi

Biography: Born in the city of Winterfell. one of the children of the Lord of Winterfell (again making room if someone wants to assume the role, or I will be only daughter).
Becky grew up learning to be a lady, act like a lady at a party and behave in ways that bring pride to the name Stark. In the future it is said that is about to marry a lord and give him many children. But Becky does not have the personality of a simple lady. She loves to walk the paths of the city, train whenever possible hidden bow and arrow. And whenever she can escape the lessons that she should have with her septum Ava and the Maester of Winterfell, will move to the barn to play with the horses. It is a person who, nevertheless, know that is a Stark and would do everything to keep her family and the name of her house which her carries well and safe.
Never left the city of Winterfell and her knowledge of the world is through books and storys told from the servant and older members of the family.

((I used the base that we would start the rp as in the first book, in other words without war yet =D ))

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

tcost

I doubt that you would need to read more than the initial volume, A Game of Thrones.  On the other hand, there's a sound reason why these books have sold so well and are so highly regarded.  Some people compare George R. R. Martin to J. R. R. Tolkien, but I think a better comparison is to Shakespeare.

arikelillusion

Quote from: tcost on August 15, 2011, 07:21:51 PM
I doubt that you would need to read more than the initial volume, A Game of Thrones.  On the other hand, there's a sound reason why these books have sold so well and are so highly regarded.  Some people compare George R. R. Martin to J. R. R. Tolkien, but I think a better comparison is to Shakespeare.

i agree with you.. hahaha... i have alredy read all the books that were released! =P but i think that this rp ll star from the first one..
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

The comparison to Tolkien is only proper in the sense of world-building. As for storytelling, I can agree with the reference to Shakespeare. Tyrion embodies all the ironic grotesquerie and scathing wit that The Bard was known for.

tcost

Tolkien works on many levels.  He defined subcreation not only in his famous essay but by example;  he brought fantasy writing into the realm of serious literature;  and he gave us a great fantasy war story.

While it's not out of the realm of possibility, though, I don't  expect GRRM to give us a real messiah figure like Frodo nor an angelic character such as Gandalf.  Ordinary humans may learn (or relearn) arcane methods of contending against the Others, but I forsee no apotheosis.

Shakespeare on the other hand creates protagonists (and sometimes antagonists) from which his stories derive, even when he was writing from history.  The strengths and especially the faults of those characters are what drives their fates, and there is a whole diversity of human experience in the bard's writing.  George Martin is doing this on an epic scale Shakespeare never imagined.  Of course the books have faults aplenty but that ought not distract us from what a great work A Song of Ice and Fire truly is, one of the great tales of American Literature.  By the time it's done, it will likely be even more remarkable.

Ramael

Quote from: Karma on August 15, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
I believe we're starting near the beginning and not following the original plot necessarily, so I'd guess you don't need a ton. But I'd wait for Ramael's official word on that.

You have my official word on that.

This is looking great, nice to see some new characters being put forth as well. Primarch has a nice little retinue there nicely fleshed out, Karma another interesting character, Becky Stark looks to be an older Arya expy (except a little friendlier from the looks of it  :P)

We have, what, four concepts up so far? Two of them are in Lannisport, one is in Winterfell and the other pretty close to Winterfell too. Already the inevitable North/South divide is forming!

I shall wait for some more, it would be nice to get a real mix of nobility and other types spread across Westeros. I myself will write up a couple of characters shortly, when I see what we need more of and where. By the looks of it at the moment, it may be King's Landing Lords and Ladies, maybe even a monarch. But we'll see.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

TheHangedOne

Made a slight tweak, Ramael. All I did was change his physical description.
Check out my poet tree!

Niki315

Umm.. You can count one more for the South.  I'm thinking of making a character from Highgarden, I just haven't ironed out the details yet.  I was looking at places and for some reason, Highgarden stuck out at me.  I think it will be fun.  I'll probably make someone lowborn to try and even it out.

tcost

If ever I can figure out how to post a picture here, I will add one.  But, for the moment, here is the basic write-up.

Name:  Ser Doyle Lannister
Parents:  Lord and Lady Lannister, the Lord of Casterly Rock and his wife (left unnamed in case of players)
Birthplace:  The Rock

Background:  The second son of the head of the family, Doyle stayed for several years at the castle of one of the Lannister bannermen, a much-respected knight and lord for whom Doyle squired.  He was knighted after leading a small force after some bandits and putting them down. 

Lannister fortunes are on the rise, and Doyle is looking to marry well, preferably to the daughter of a lord without a son.  Or, it could be that something will happen to his older brother along the way.. while Doyle likes his elder brother in a sort of general way, he would very much like to be the heir to Casterly Rock.  At this point, Doyle is not a black enough soul for fratricide, but who knows where the story might take him?

At the moment, though, his father has many concerns that take up his time, and with Doyle being as bright as he is, his Lord Father is beginning to delegate minor tasks to him, and seeing how well Doyle does.  Doyle knows that he is being tested, and indeed he's looking forward to proving his mettle.  If he does well, he may be sent to King's Landing, to look out for the family interests there, which are presently being handled by his father's paternal uncle, a man in his sixties who will not remain in that position forever.

Primarch

My personal status is that I finished Dance with Dragons today. :P

tcost

Congratulations, Karma.  I, for one, am taking my time and have just passed page 300. 

As for the game here, I dunno.  Anyone who, like me, had been holding off on a character submission, might want to turn one of them in.

Niki315

I finished Dance with Dragons a couple of days ago...  I'm still thinking of what to make exactly...  I was thinking of making someone lowborn, but I can't think of a reason for her to be in Lannisport or King's Landing or whatever...

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Niki315 on August 24, 2011, 08:31:03 PM
I finished Dance with Dragons a couple of days ago...  I'm still thinking of what to make exactly...  I was thinking of making someone lowborn, but I can't think of a reason for her to be in Lannisport or King's Landing or whatever...

Slave, orphan, craftsman's apprentice? Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

Yep, still collecting characters Primarch. Ideally we'd need at least a couple more to start with. Westeros is a big place. Nikki, your character can be whereever, I wanted to gather characters first then weave a plot around them, geographically too. Then, any players joining later can work themselves into the already existing plot. For now we have the luxury of creating a plot around our characters.

Tcost - good recommendation.

Kate

any more room for another player?

if so what  faction is preferable ?

tcost

It's absolutely wide open, Kate, and we need three or four more characters to start up. 

We have one cluster of folks in Lannisport and another in and around Winterfell -- Lannisters and Starks, as well as associated bastards and non-family.  We could use some King's Landing folks as well, Baratheons or people from the court or the city. 

Kate

Although Cersei was not always cruel, wealth and titles coupled with her own vanity and the corruption power brings led Cersei to darker options that only the ears of the well informed could know of. Lannisiter gold bought whispers services to fathom those knowing of rituals that could give advantages other families could never match. Benefits which could be seen at a glance, physical obvious superiority to what she believed was any other family breathing.

Such blessings needed to match boons true dragon-blood had always claimed, in her mind one power that was always relevant was that of beauty, knowing this promises from witches fueled her dreams of perpetual youth and forever improved physical traits at a cost which more importantly could be imposed unwillingly on others. Dark witches speaking of such spoke in her ears more often than other voices until their thoughts soon constantly bathed her own. 

To improve the insatiable craving of her own vanity, to starve off the effects of time and instill such benefits for her linage forever, the witches demanded that the dark spirits be appeased, thoughts she readily agreed to, over time her heart began to grow cold.

For not only did the witches insist the extreme choices for such a linage, but to fuel physical perfection curses of the corruption of others love began to be woven by their chanting, and designed debasement by cersei's own hand befell all those who learned too much of her dealings. Perversion of love and the sexual natures of others including herself was the price she gladly paid, along with her sanity.  Proof that the dark rituals worked only increased Cersei's depth of depravity, ones which increasingly became more extreme as well as the measures required to keep them secret.

Kate

Ok,

I have looked though a few peoples ons and offs sections and I thought what may be interesting is to have a character that is truely hated by all the others - this isn't to offend but to fuel a mutual desire in others to rid the world of such corruption staying very relevant in this plot.

To do so I was thinking of her doings / or others receiving rumors via ravens hinting that it is suspected she is behind issues that can relate to others "offs" but not explicitly. What I mean is she will reveal in a conversation with her witches that she has cursed a innocent for X to happen to them in their life (ie indirect) or even pay others do see it happen (although the scene itself will not necessarily be written) to keep the rituals working.

tcost

Oh, my...!

I know that often in games like these, feature characters -- those who actually appear in the novels or TV shows -- are discouraged or forbidden.  But the idea of having a Cersei, particularly one with the idea that Kate here has suggested, would add a tremendous amount to the game.  In fact, I'd not complain if we added other feature characters too, even if I had to change my own background (giving Tywin an extra son would totally screw up that family dynamic;  maybe my guy could be Kevan's son instead.

Cersei could definitely have knowledge of Ellynn. I was hoping someone would be in a position to pass her orders.

Ramael

Nice character concept. But judging from the blurb, there's nothing really that makes that Cersei Lannister from the books or series.

Which is great, as it's technically an OC. If you change the name and pic, we have a completely new character. You've already put the hard work into the background etc.

Also, what I love about the books and the series is the very fact that there isn't one character who is truly reviled/loathed by every single other major player. The grey morality makes it that much more believable and helps it surpass the stagnant good guy/bad guy complex of most other fantasy franchises (indeed, most other franchises full stop).

However I do like the effort you've put in, I don't want it to go to waste. I'd just recommend changing her name and pic. Ideally I'd like you to make a more rounded character (with her own justifications for this dabbling in the occult, as opposed to simply feeding her own vanity) that isn't just the Big Bad of the roleplay.

The Dark Raven

Name: Alis Tyrell
Nickname:  The Rose of Highgarden
Parents:  Lord and Lady Tyrell
Birthplace:  Highgarden

Alis is the youngest living child, and only daughter, of Lord and Lady Tyrell.  Protected rather fiercely by her two elder brothers, Alis has long known only battle or her own connivance could bring the Tyrell rose higher, and into the circles royal.  Though her brothers’ martial prowess is known in the lists, Alis is known as the “Rose of Highgarden” at court.  Whether this nickname is for her courtly wiles or the barbs sunk into her enemies, it is anyone’s guess.

She is a master at deception, through her parents’ tutelage and her years at court, learning the ways of intrigue.  At the same time, she has managed to gain secret allies in the small council to her own aspirations (provided, of course, that their stars rise with hers).  Just as well, her mysterious smile and laughing eyes are well known at court, concealing all she wishes to hide.

She is a fickle creature, though as one of the Queen’s many ladies-in-waiting, she is behooved to keep her thoughts to herself until she is in a position to whisper those thoughts into the ear of the man that she knows can bring her to the throne she is sure is her right.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ramael

Lovely character. Out of interest, (although I guess this will depend on what attitude the factions have for one another which I/we haven't decided upon yet) is Alis at King's Landing in line with the practice of "honoured hostage" that is common in the houses in Westeros?

For example, is it similar to Theon Greyjoy growing up in Winterfell? Or was Alis sent there for some other reason?

The Dark Raven

It could very well be that she is fostered at court with a Lannister/Baratheon eye on her, for her father's good behaviour.  It would make sense.  I'm still fleshing out her involvement in my head, but haven't found the right words yet.  The original intention was to have her fostered at court, and with the canon Tyrells, it would very much make sense that she is an honored hostage.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ramael

I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, but if you like it, it could be a great plot bunny. Still, as open as this is right now, things could be subject to change.

Time for a brief summary of the characters to help us begin working a plot together;

- A lurking Lannister benefactor, streetwise, with a favour to call in. (Am I right in thinking the Braavosi streetrat is with Lyn too?)

- A wandering Stark beastmaster vigilante.

- A stout Cerwyn lord and hardy retinue, bannermen to the Starks.

- A Stark noblegirl, lady of the people.

- An aspiring Lannister knight, ambitious and proud.

- The Lannister matriarch, a Cersei-esque femme fatale.

- A Tyrell noblegirl, possible honoured hostage, beginning to work her wiles around King's Landing.

We definately have enough characters for now. Let's start working on where everyone is to begin with. Beastmaster and Becky, you guys have it easy, and it stands to reason you will know each other very well. You will both be in Winterfell, I assume?

The Dark Raven

Working her wiles...

*gigglesnort*  I could be so awful with that.  The general idea is an Anne Boleyn-ish social climber.  And I do think I like the honored hostage/fosterling idea--my only question is, to whom?  The Lannisters or the Baratheons? *grin*

Yep. Zin and Lyn, partners in debauchery. They'll start in Lannisport, but are willing to go anywhere.

The Dark Raven

Do someone let me know if the message I just posted didn't come through and I'll Cliff's Notes it... >.>

Duly cliff's noting my schedule.

I work 7 on, 7 off in a hospital and on my "on" weeks, I do not post due to how exhausted I live.  My work week starts up next thursday to the following wednesday (followed by my 7 off).  If you need/want to nab me, PM me on the site here.  The big red "You have x messages" catches my attention much quicker than my Bookmark tab.

Feel free to bug me!

This is my only game at this time, as I'm trying to get back into writing in E, so you are not taking me from anything.

If I'm not on, I'm not on and will get back to the boards (with the new puppy, it is a handful sometimes, but I write as soon as I get a moment). 

<3

TheHangedOne

Yes, and yes, Ramael. By the way, I'm glad to see you're doing alright.

Quote from: Daylily on August 27, 2011, 10:17:55 PM
Do someone let me know if the message I just posted didn't come through and I'll Cliff's Notes it... >.>

The onl thing I saw was...
Quote from: Daylily on August 27, 2011, 10:09:42 PM
Working her wiles...

*gigglesnort*  I could be so awful with that.  The general idea is an Anne Boleyn-ish social climber.  And I do think I like the honored hostage/fosterling idea--my only question is, to whom?  The Lannisters or the Baratheons? *grin*
Check out my poet tree!

The Dark Raven

THM,

Yeah.  It ate my post/I forgot to hit send.

I edited my last post to include my new postin schedule. :)

arikelillusion

*Becky* yeap. i pretend star in winterfell. but about the Beastmaster i dont know. but i was think about we both start there and if he need to go to king leand (since he is a fight) i would go with him. maybe the king call him from some championship and i go too watch and cheer for my brother... theres many ideas...  ;D

but i didnt hear from him. So I'm just assuming here... =P

beastmaster, brother, any ideas? ^^
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

TheHangedOne

Maybe. I'm not feeling particularly creative tonight, unfortunately, so I have nothing to contribute.
Check out my poet tree!

Kate

(OC this is just a re-work on my previous concept to avoid using a cannon character,
freeing the cannon characters to be used by the storyteller for plot related reasons)

Name: Lady Clayra Lannister
Title: Lady

Personality

Arrogant. She has enough power to feel no need to impress anyone, its everyone elses job to impress her.
(All know the kind). So used to privileged station she believes no action or behavior of hers that could upset others should ever be a topic of improvement. In her mind her own actions defines what is right.

Background

Direct Cousin of Cersei, Clayra grew up where talk of political maneuverings were common topics at almost
all family occasions. The duchess liased with Cersei more often than others via raven messages on topics of mutual interest which would shame the family if known publicly. Letting the males of the family see to military and naval matters still left much to do to ensure Lannister's rightful place overruling all of the civilized world, dealings that quickly involved what no sane fool should dabble in. Although most in the family are corrupted by power, such is true for many noble families, however if there was one that truly was responsible for the darkest of taints on the souls of such it would be Duchess Clayra Lannisiter. Gold bought services to fathom those knowing of rituals that could give advantages other families could never match. Benefits which could be seen at a glance, physical obvious superiority to what she believed was any other family breathing.

Such blessings needed to match boons true dragon-blood had always claimed, in her mind one power that was always relevant was that of beauty, knowing this promises from witches fueled her dreams of perpetual youth and forever improved physical traits at a cost which more importantly could be imposed unwillingly on others. Dark witches speaking of such spoke in her ears more often than other voices until their thoughts soon constantly bathed her own.  To improve the insatiable craving of her own vanity, to starve off the effects of time and instill such benefits for her linage forever, the witches demanded that the dark spirits be appeased, thoughts she readily agreed to, over time her heart began to grow cold. For not only did the witches insist the extreme choices for such a linage, but to fuel physical perfection curses of the corruption of others love began to be woven by their chanting, and designed debasement by her own hand befell all those who learned too much of her dealings. Perversion of love and the sexual natures of others including herself was the price she gladly paid, along with her sanity.  Proof that the dark rituals worked only increased Clayra's depth of depravity, ones which increasingly became more extreme as well as the measures required to keep them secret.

Retine / Entarage

tcost

Speaking for the Lannisters to the extent that I may, Alis, I'm sure that you would be more than welcome at the Rock. 

Clayra, you and I should work out what our relationship is, both genetically and personally.  Are you old enough to be my mom?  Probably not, I'm about 21.  Maybe an aunt, or perhaps even an older sister?

And we are Lannisters.  Taboos are for the smallfolk.

Kate

Lets say cousin

Personally ? There is a good chance that Claryra own obsessions remove her from really establishing much of the intimacy that others indulge in, i don't mind if that changes, happy to role play some aspects of it out if you like.

But we can assume we know each other by sight. Have SOME idea where the other is, occasionally send ravens to update each others whereabouts or scheming, likely we know some quirks of each other also.

Btw is there any title descriptions for the game of thrones ? Ser vs King vs knight etc ?

Ramael

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ser

Quick link to Knights, brief searches will take you to the rest (it had never occured to me that there were no knights in the North, before).

So, it seems we definately have a batch of players at King's Landing. It seems only logical that we have a playerbase there, as it is the capital, after all.

Would Cerwyn mind beginning the game at least at Winterfell? There are a thousand reasons as to why a bannerman would visit his liege's castle.

Then there is one (two) at Lannisport. I think ravens were mentioned...

Also in terms of allegiance we have a definate Stark/Lannister divide. That's fine, but I think it gives Alis a certain amount of power being the only neutral one ;)

I will simply GM most of this game, but I will throw in bit-part characters every now and then. I won't, for instance, play the royalty, but will play the messengers.

Also, added to all the above that I'd like you to chew over, I'd like some opinions on whether we keep the canon characters as NPCs or dispense with them completely and get new royalty in. I'm for the latter, as it gives us more freedom and we aren't tied to doing A or B because the canon says so. I think there's only one of you that has mentioned a canon character (Cersei) in their biog, so I can't see it being that much of a problem.

I have some new ideas for the ruling house, y'see.

Primarch

Starting at Winderfell is 100% fine by me. Was likely going to anyway XD

Kate

i think run with whatever the story teller has in mind - happy to remove cannon character references from my bio (will do so asap)

ic / character link pls ! im itching to start !

The Dark Raven

Agreed.  I think it a wise idea to dispense with the Baratheons and bring in new royals.   Alis will be at the 'mercy' of her hosts, at any rate.  Any courtier would see her as simply a lady-in-waiting but I'm sure she would be well aware of the difference in whatever way (sort of like the difference Jon or Theon felt at Winterfell in the books--'family' but not really).

Kendra

Flashing my interest badge
will get that CS done up as promised Ramael  ;)

Primarch

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 01:17:36 PM
Flashing my interest badge
will get that CS done up as promised Ramael  ;)

Yay!

PM me if you'd like to plot ^>^

Kendra

howdy Irish  ;D

CS is almost done >.<
when you see it you might not want to plot lol
::)

Kendra

Rakharee daughter of the khal Rakharo and  kahleesi Jhogai

appearance:
height: 5'7"
eyes: dark brown almost black
hair: raven black
distinquishing marks: The Rakharo horse head branded into the sole of her foot

Given Name: Gendry Moreland - nickname ~ Gen

Substitute Parents: Gershwin and Elloide Moreland

The daughter of the previous Khaleesi and Khal. When Rakharo's position was brought into question and he had to fight to keep his throne, the Khaleesi put her daughter in a basket and set her a drift in the stream while the fight commenced. When the Khal was killed she was too and though they searched for the child, she was never found. The basket found its way far down stream.

A large vessel is anchored in harbour further up the coast and the King's man Gershwin Moreland sent as diplomat to speak on behalf of the King takes a few guards and using a smaller boat to wade through the shallower waters, slowly makes his way upstream. When the party arrive however it is to an already dispersing band of Dothraki, he discovers that there has been a change in power. The new Khal sends them on their way letting them know that no deals would ever be made between them. As they make their way back into their boat word filters through about the death of the Kahleesi and the missing baby .

The Dothraki not known for sailing do not even contemplate checking the water for the baby and in the passing hours the basket drifts but a league or two up stream. Moreland and his men head back to their boat and begin the return journey to their ship when they hear the cries of the baby. It had gone unnoticed on their in-journey as the baby was quiet but now hungry, they hear the cries plainly and discover her. Moreland recognises instantly the markings and the Khal insignia on the blanket that swaddles her and decides then and there to keep her, knowing that to return her to the Dothraki would be a death sentence for the baby. The men with him not being versed in the Dothraki language don't know who the baby is and are simply aghast at finding one in a basket stuck against some reeds.

Moreland gets back to his ship and they return to Westeros and there he gives the baby to his wife who has been unable to conceive. She is the only one that he tells about who the baby is, making her swear not to tell another soul. On his retirement when Rakharee who they name Gendry turns ten, they move to Dorne to live their lives quietly in the hopes that no one will ever discover the secret they keep. Now in her nineteenth year, the family travel to North to Winderfell. Elloide being a native of the North country wants to return as her sister Asvelde is on her death bed.

Talents: She is a superb horse woman, with a natural talent for it. A lover of music and dancing.

Primarch

arikelillusion

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 02:33:35 PM
howdy Irish  ;D

CS is almost done >.<
when you see it you might not want to plot lol
::)

she going to winterfell... o// hum.. with you want to plot something im in too! =D
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Primarch

Kendra

well I read that Winterfell was basically where the game was starting from so figured I best get her there somehow ;)

plotting is a must  ;D

The Dark Raven

I think there is some going on in King's Landing and some in Winterfell...

Ramael

Here's the character thread.

I'd like everyone to simply post up their characters as they have done here in this thread. I like that people have written up their own characters with the emphasis on what they see as important. One character's skill with an axe may be equal to another character's skill with manipulation...both can be just as useful.

The only thing I'd like people to include is the current location(alongside your place of birth). This will be very helpful in terms of letting us know where everyone is starting from geographically.

P.S great character concept Kendra!

Kendra

thanks Ramael ;)
actually found me a Dothraki name generator  ;D as the muse was shot

will post it up to CT now ;)

Ramael

And here's the OOC. Let's take our plotting and discussions over to there, being as we have enough players now, and we need to get on with creating the first event/situation/drama.

I'll leave this thread for anyone still wanting to express interest (especially anyone lurking wanting to play any sort of royalty, lord or lady from any part of the Seven Kingdoms).

Ramael

RECENT UPDATE:

Think you can rule the Seven Kingdoms?

Think you can rule...when rumours are rife that a Targaryen heir has arrived back in Westeros...and poses a direct threat to you and your house?

We have begun, King's Landing is beginning to stir with rumours and manipulation, and Winterfell is wakening to the stoic Starks.

What we need is a Baratheon King in King's Landing. He can be whatsoever personality you wish.

We also need a Targaryen heir, or heiress.

The plot is that the Targaryens have made it back to Westeros, with help from unknown sources. Unknown to the Baratheons, at least...

I'm happy for the King and Heir to play their characters however they wish, but it stands to reason that the Targaryen will be wanting the Iron Throne, that they were rightfully deposed of by the Baratheon King.

Half of Westeros may still see the Targaryen heir as the rightful ruler...especially if they have a bad relationship with the Baratheon monarch.

Post interest here or PM me for more information.

Is yours the fury?

GM note: We are playing in an alternate universe, but with the canon history from the start of book one. So, all characters are OC's, but there WAS a war that ended up deposing and exiling the Targaryens. Everything else is player-generated.

Ramael

MOAR RECENT UPDATE

We've got a good game rolling, but I'm always looking for more players. Namely the Targaryen Heir and the (until now ill and bed-ridden) Baratheon Monarch.

If you want to be considered for either of these roles, mention so here or PM me with a proposal. The above information in the previous post is still valid.

ALSO.

What I'm really interested in now is getting a few more Lords/Ladies of various other houses in Westeros represented. We already have the Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells and Cerwyns represented. There are a milleiu of other interesting houses to play, some of which have been mentioned in the series, all of which have been mentioned in the books.

Greyjoys, Florents, Tullys, Tarlys, Brackens, Blackwoods, Mormonts...the list numbers many more, and we need charismatic/devious/ambitious/alloftheabove nobility to lead them!

Some House-flavour for you; http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-character-guide-infographic-mcrid-111205/

Handy map

Great Houses

There is an upcoming tournament at King's Landing at which you will most probably be asked to attend and compete in, not to mention other rumours of witchcraft abroad to mull over...

Here are the IC threads for your perusal.

King's Landing
Winterfell
Lannisport

Also the character thread to give you some more inspiration juice.

Approved character list

Winter is coming!

bubby

RedEve

Antyhing in particular you need in terms of the smaller houses?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

bubby

(LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO CHANGE AND/OR ADD ANYTHING TO THIS!)

Character Name: Queen Kyra Greyjoy
Nickname(s): Lady Krakan
Parents: Father- Bezoer Greyjoy , mother died upon her birth, daughter of a minor Bannerman.
Birthplace: Pyke
Current Location: Lannisport
Orientation: Heterosexual
Languages: Westerosi

Biography: Kyra is a fierce woman, having been proclaimed Queen at the Kingsmoot by all the Lords Bannermen easily. Her father before her had paved her path, and she had made sure to keep it open with fierce raiding and slicing open whatever bowels or throats were needed. She commands her own longship Storm Crusher , along with the entire fleet of nearly 500 sleek war ready ships, and enough men to power them. She can drink with the best of them, fight with the best of them, and fuck with the best of them. But she is Queen, and there is NO mistaking this fact.

Many years have gone by, and the Ironborn have remained about the Iron Islands, Queen Kyra sitting the Seastone Chair in her castle on Pyke but wishing for more. Raiding along the coast has been frequent but less and less fruitful. And now ravens have been arriving with news. The Lannister King is bedridden, and his whore is acting regent, with rumor swirling around her of witchery. The Seastone Chair is nice, but the Iron Throne? Perhaps it is time to claim the highest prize of all...

Ramael

Bubby - wonderful. I can't wait to see what Kyra Greyjoy has in store for Westeros. I was thinking of whom would have made your rivals, and maybe allies now, but I'm sure you're all over that like ivy on a fence. 'Proved! What does she think of the Starkling, and how is she finding Lannisport? All that can be covered IC I suppose.

RedEve - Just good, decent noble characters. Heads of houses, with their own interests and own ambitions. What are your thoughts?

bubby

Yes darlin', my brain is scrambling on how to approach allies/enemies. It will be covered ICly indeed, and my first post(s) will be from Pyke, settling into the character, then traveling to Lannisport. Reading through other posts I still need to do as well, and the otgher chars too.

Happy to be on board! I'm assuming I can go ahead and make my posts in the Lannisport thread, but just make sure to headline mine as *In Pyke* or somesuch?

Ramael

Write up that post, but I'll make you a Pyke thread for you to post it in. I need to make a Kingsroad thread as well.

bubby

Swashbuckler

Ramael

We have a possible Targaryen heiress in the works, but I'm totally open to having a brother/sister combination. I'm imagining them to feature a lot and they may have to part ways, too...they have a lot of work to do.

So, yes is the answer.

Swashbuckler

I'd love to make the brother then!  Could you let the other player know and see if they are game?  I don't really have much to write character sheet wise until I know what they are planning as well.  *grin*

Ramael

The other player is BabyBird, she'll either be sending you a PM or posting here so you can plot your white-haired, noble, dragon-fetishing siblingness together :D

Aemirys

Hello!

I am the said individual interested in playing a Targaryen Heiress.

I'll PM you Swashbuckler.

BB
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★