A Challenge For English Speakers:)

Started by adventurer, November 09, 2008, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

I'm soooo doing a recording of me saying this.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

adventurer

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Ket

Okay, so here you go.  Don't murder me!  It's a little over five minutes long...

And yes, at the end I pronounce Psyche as [sahyk] instead of [sahy-kee].  Both are technically correct, though the latter is the correct pronunciation for the way it is written in the poem.  My mistake.

Me saying this tongue twister!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Greenthorn

Ummm oh boy...must be the difference of states...because I say a lot of those words differently Ket!

*giggles*

Oh and I so love your voice!!

adventurer

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Caeli

I loved this! It was great fun. xDD
I thought about recording it, but I'm really supposed to be studying for a midterm at this moment... *flees*

(maybe later...)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Jay

I got through the hole thing before I realized the built in windows recorder only went to 60 secs. :(

Paradox

That's a much softer inflection of your voice than I've heard before. You did damned well with it!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

Stupid darn phone didn't send what I had typed!

I had to push myself to say aunt like ant.  I've never said it that way, though I know quite a few people who do. 

-blushes-  Aww thanks.  I always thought my voice was high pitched with a tiny bit of gravely-ness to it.

Quote from: Paradox on November 13, 2008, 08:53:32 AM
That's a much softer inflection of your voice than I've heard before. You did damned well with it!

Probably because I was speaking softly and slowly.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Eleanor

Quote from: Ket on November 13, 2008, 06:02:19 AM
Okay, so here you go.  Don't murder me!  It's a little over five minutes long...

And yes, at the end I pronounce Psyche as [sahyk] instead of [sahy-kee].  Both are technically correct, though the latter is the correct pronunciation for the way it is written in the poem.  My mistake.

Me saying this tongue twister!

oh wow the whole thing! I like your voice, what sort of american accent is that? ^^
Ons and Offs                                             Where there hell am I?UPDATED!
Plotness

Ket

Quote from: Eleanor on November 13, 2008, 02:22:46 PM
oh wow the whole thing! I like your voice, what sort of american accent is that? ^^

Ummm...Southern Virginian?

Kurzyk

blankslate33

Wow, this is really fun and a great find. I think some of the words are traps, though - for instance, bass could be pronounced like the instrument or like the fish. I tripped up there and then was second-guessing myself the whole way through. But I still got most of them right!

Funny how one word could be pronounced different ways. I wonder if Texans and New Yorkers would argue about how "Houston" is pronounced? :)

Caeli

Ooh, I did one too xO!!!! *totally excited <333*

It only took me three tries to get it right, though I did have to look up Islington and Balmoral, as well a couple of the other words.

*laughs* Actually, the reason I messed up the third time was because my housemate interrupted and I started speaking in Chinese midway through.

Caeli & The Phonetic Labyrinth

Don't laugh too much! >>;

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Caeli on November 14, 2008, 09:18:54 AM
Ooh, I did one too xO

It only took me three tries to get it right, though I did have to look up Islington and Balmoral, as well a couple of the other words.

*laughs* Actually, the reason I messed up the third time was because my housemate interrupted and I started speaking in Chinese midway through.

Caeli & The Phonetic Labyrinth

*going to listen*

And yeah...I didn't do it because I don't know some of those words either *laughs*...and you heard my voice Caeli...they'd all run screaming!!

Caeli

Quote from: Greenthorn on November 14, 2008, 09:20:38 AM
*going to listen*

And yeah...I didn't do it because I don't know some of those words either *laughs*...and you heard my voice Caeli...they'd all run screaming!!

No they wouldn't! *giggles* You're completely exaggerating the horror of it, and I liked your voice >.>;

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Caeli on November 14, 2008, 09:22:56 AM
No they wouldn't! *giggles* You're completely exaggerating the horror of it, and I liked your voice >.>;

*laughs*

Uh huh...you and Ket with your sweet voices then my obnoxious scratchy one...sure ::)

Of course I've heard you speak before so yours isn't too much of a suprise (with how you say the poem)

This is fun...we need more people to do this!! ;D

Kalen

I promised I would, I just need to find the time!

Greenthorn

Quote from: Kalen on November 14, 2008, 09:31:28 AM
I promised I would, I just need to find the time!

Well I've heard your voice too...so yours won't be too shocking either!

Caeli

Actually, what would be REALLY fun... is to have a whole bunch of people say it, and then make a mix so that a different person is saying each line of this thing. ;D

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Quote from: Caeli on November 14, 2008, 10:09:28 AM
Actually, what would be REALLY fun... is to have a whole bunch of people say it, and then make a mix so that a different person is saying each line of this thing. ;D

Haha sure would!!

Josietta

*claps* yay!! You girls did great with that! I think i'd goof up half through and just keep going. The heck with re-recording. haha.. i'd probably laugh at myself too. But the different line each is a good idea! Also, we need more guys doing this! I'll do my own tomorrow, when i can speak above a whisper, or rather later today now that I look at the clock. I know K said he would, what about some of the others? I'm sure some of you guys speak quite well!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Josietta

Uneditted... Uncut... breathless.. sweaty.. restless Josie tryin this tongue twisting challenge of doom!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/8/1572554/jeeepers.mp3

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!