VtM: The Anarch War [Interest Check]

Started by Bloody Rose, November 03, 2011, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

So I have a 20th edition book (500+ pages ugh) and I thought I would make a neonate having been embraced just 6 months ago and she'd still be a bit on the revolting side, and need to be 'guided' to respect the masquerade.
----

Bloody Rose

Elfguy a couple of things you should know. The side we are playing on it's the Anarch movement. There is no masquerade but they are enforced to not reveal their identity knowing what can happen. So you can call it a rebel group but with some traditions of the masquerade. Second, if your making a Neonate I would suggest you put one or two points in Mentor background just so your mentor it's around in case you need him/her. Do you have a yahoo messenger? also what clan were you planning to play.

elfguy

I have MSN and GTalk..

I was thinking Toreador, basically a young 19 years old punk who ruled with her fist and cared more about sex than getting a job, who recently got embraced and now is trying to find her place in the Anarch, which she thinks is most like her own values, fighting against the 'establishment' regardless who that is.
----

AndyZ

Quote from: elfguy on November 04, 2011, 07:33:25 PM
I have MSN and GTalk..

I was thinking Toreador, basically a young 19 years old punk who ruled with her fist and cared more about sex than getting a job, who recently got embraced and now is trying to find her place in the Anarch, which she thinks is most like her own values, fighting against the 'establishment' regardless who that is.

With respect, that sounds more like Brujah than Toreador from my perspective.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloody Rose

Yep thats a brujah those are the fighters, punks of the vampires

elfguy

----

AndyZ

Any interest in joining in on the Skyscraper points to have part ownership?  Probably not, but I figured I'd ask.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RubySlippers

I plan one dot in Domain it could be a penthouse since her resources are at 5 Dots so a really nice view should be something she can do. :)

I also took something in herd a bloodbound harem of pretties around the building as kept women and she has a bloodbound dog as a retainer.

Her status is nadda but she is a new arrival of no standing.

For fun I gave her a high manipulate attribute with a specialty mesmerize and added in Enchanting Voice and a bit elevated leadership so she is good at that, and will get better. Her concept is your classic Lover of Unlife she has a good academic base, lots of odd skills and a few talents think of it as a eclectic noblewoman sort of background. One goal for her is to add more abilities long term.

She supports the Anarchs since she lives in one of their cities but is not sure what she can do to help save give the Baron money for the cause from her large income for now.

AndyZ

I wanted to explain something quick before I went out.

Pooling backgrounds basically works that our chars know each other and work together, and that together we've been able to set up the entire skyscraper thing that I already mentioned.  This would let all our characters be rich, have a pretty nice hunting ground and so on.

So far Kristine and I are in, but if other people want in on the pooling deal, let me know.  If not, no worries as well.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure she is a new arrival for the most part and (out of game knowledge she is 14th generation with infertile vitae as flaws) so likely would have moved in and chip in some money for security and the like. But is still her own vampire and right now getting settled in likely hasn't even met the Baron of the community yet.

Bloody Rose

I have the image in mind for the Baron, remember Anarch society it's different. A vampire will be in charge of the small town but he will answer to the big boy of the Anarch Society. I think I have a few candidates in mind for the Vampire leader in the town which she would have to meet at one point or another, it would not be as harsh as the camarilla but meeting him will be recommended since he can back up anybody in case of trouble.

RubySlippers

She would likely show up the next time the Baron has a council or whatever they do and likely he knows she arrived and will obey the Masquerade, most likely through the other kindred in the building more established.

Bloody Rose

Name: Damon Salvatore
Age/Apparent Age: 27
Personality: On the outside he is a harsh vampire, he does not really care about anybody but himself. He has no problem making harsh decision or difficult decision if he thinks that it will solve the problem. He does care for humans however he is not afraid of killing them if they cause too much trouble for him. He is a complicated guy and he is right on the middle between human and the beast constantly fighting over who is in control.
Kinks: Rough play, Bondage, Dominance
Limits: Scat, Gore,Vore
Hates: People who brings him trouble, those who hurts the people he comes to respect.
Bio:

Chronicle: The Anarch War
Nature: Loner
Demeanor: Rebel
Concept: Rebel Aristocrat
Clan: La Sombra
Generation: 10th Generation
Sire:

Attributes

Strength: O
Dexterity: OO
Stamina: OOO

Charisma: OOO
Manipulation: OOOO
Appearance: OOO

Perception: OOO
Intelligence: OOO
Wits: OO

Abilities

Alertness: O
Athletics: O
Awareness: O
Brawl: O
Empathy: O
Expression: OOO
Intimidation: OOOOO
Leadership:
Streetwise: OO
Subterfuge: OO

AnimalKen:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Larceny:OO
Melee: OO
Performance:
Stealth: O
Survival:

Academics: OO
Computer: OO
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: OOO
Politics:
Science:
Technology: OO

Advantages

Disciplines:
Obtenebration: OOO

Backgrounds:
Generation: OOO
Influence: OOO
Contacts: OOO
Domain: OOO
Resources: OOOOO

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: OOOO
Self-Control/Instinct: OOO
Courage: OOO

Merits/Flaws

Impatient (1 point flaw)
Phobia (2 point flaw) (Snakes)
Old Flame (2 point flaw) (Katerine)
Enemy (2 point flaw) (Katerine)

Humanity:
OOOOOOOO

Willpower:
OOOOOO

Blood Pool:

RubySlippers

Name:Elizabette Yorvic
Age/Apparent Age:64/26
Personality:Is educated and refined with a sense of tradition that is feels vampires are the apex predator and add in her wealth and refinement she is better than mortals but that doesn't mean abuse them or act unkindly to those that serve her well. After all with power and position comes some duty to use it for the common good mortal and vampire alike.
Kinks:Bestiality, Deflowering Virgins, Domination, Internet Adult Indulgences, Lesbian Sex, Submissive Women
Limits:Hetrosexual Sex (a threesome or so with a woman she likes is an exception to that), Non-playful Levels of Pain (ie spanking okay, torture racks a no-no)
Likes:Movies, Reading, Technology (casual everyday use of), the Theater
Hates:Ignorant People, Racism, Sexism
Bio:Not much to say she is from the Old Country and from a good family that fell hard moving into organized crime to maintain their high standard of living, and related to the Old Clan Tzimisce vampires of the region. She was seduced and embraced by a young vampire without permission to ,see if she could make a vampire, and it took kind of. The Grandsire and a few others hunted them she was able to leave for the West after a decade of hiding with her Sire who met Final Death being left in the sun which hurt but didn't kill her. After healing and recovering she made her way to the United States and ended up in the area mostly avoiding the Sabbat and the Camarilla was to domineering. The Anarchs seemed the faction least an issue although her generation came out and now the other neonates are generally "holier than thou" to her in the main and the older Kindred just assume she is harmless and well lumped in with the other youngsters.

Chronicle: The Anarch War
Nature:Traditionalist
Demeanor:Traditionalist
Concept:Lover of Unlife
Clan:Caitiff
Generation:15th
Sire:Anjura Zylva (met Final Death)

Attributes

Strength: OO
Dexterity: OO
Stamina: OO

Charisma: OOO
Manipulation: OOOO (Specialty: Dominate Discipline)
Appearance: OOO

Perception: OOO
Intelligence: OOO
Wits: OOO

Abilities

Alertness:
Athletics:
Awareness:
Brawl: O
Empathy:
Expression: O
Hobby Talent (Carousing): O
Intimidation:
Leadership: O
Streetwise: O
Subterfuge:

AnimalKen: O
Crafts: OO
Drive: O
Etiquette: O
Firearms: O
Larceny:
Melee: O
Performance: O
Stealth: O
Survival:

Academics: OO
Computer: OO
Finance: OO
Investigation: O
Law: O
Medicine: O
Occult: O
Politics: O
Science: O
Technology: O

Advantages
Disciplines:
Animalism O
Dominate O
Fortitude O

Backgrounds:
Alternate Identity (Medical Record of Disabling Condition*) OO
Domain (Haven) O
Herd OO
Resources (Invested Inherited Fortune) OOOOO

*http://vampires.monstrous.com/xeroderma_pigmentosum.htm basically has a record base proving this condition to a verifiable level as such she can explain her sunlight sensitivity and lifestyle, and can demand reasonable accomodations in most countries under law

Virtues:
Conscience: OOO
Self-Control: OOOOO
Courage: OOOOO

Merits/Flaws
Blush of Health (ST Freebie)
Deceptive Aura (1pt. Merit)
Eat Food (1pt. Merit)
Enchanting Voice (2pt. Merit)
Harmless (1pt. Merit)
Language - English (1pt. Merit)
15th Generation (4pt. Flaw)
Bad Sight - must wear glasses or use contact lenses (1pt. Flaw)
Deep Sleeper (1pt. Flaw)
New Kid - not new but her generation doesn't inspire much respect (1pt. Flaw)

Humanity: OOOOOOOO

Willpower: OOOOO

Blood Pool: 10 (6 Useable Vampire Vitae)

Geeklet

Quote from: AndyZ on November 04, 2011, 12:25:31 PM
From my understanding, this game will be using the 20th Anniversary rules for Vampire the Masquerade.  You can legally purchase a copy here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=94815

If you get a copy other than legally, don't mention it on the thread.

Curiously... While I don't have a copy of the 20th Anniversary rules, I do have some for the original versions of VtM before they decided to end it. How different is the 20th anniversary rules compared to the original?

Bloody Rose

I think it is better, a lot better more organized

Altair1983

I would love to through my hat into this I have had a Brujah anarch idea for a long time and was hoping one day id find a place to run it!

Bloody Rose

Well, you are more than welcomed to join us

RubySlippers

Quote from: Geeklet on November 05, 2011, 04:32:34 PM
Curiously... While I don't have a copy of the 20th Anniversary rules, I do have some for the original versions of VtM before they decided to end it. How different is the 20th anniversary rules compared to the original?

One thing is languages are now a Merit not a Knowledge for example and they added all the published bloodlines and variants as far as I can tell as an example of some things.

AndyZ

Quote from: Geeklet on November 05, 2011, 04:32:34 PM

Here's everything I've found so far:

Lasombra no longer take an extra health level from sunlight.

Potence gives dice of Strength unless you spend a blood point for the action, and then it gives successes.

Celerity gives dice of Dexterity unless you spend a blood point for the action, and then it gives extra actions.

Dodge is gone (they use Athletics the way Orpheus did) and replaced with Awareness.

Security is renamed Larceny.

Linguistics is gone (replaced with a 1 point merit) and replaced with Technology.

Vicissitude uses Medicine instead of Body Crafts.

Unbondable is now a 5 point merit.

Domain is now a merit, but rules are listed for pooling merits, basically allowing 5 people with one dot each to build some astonishing stuff.

I'm sure there's other stuff but I haven't found it all.

Bloody Rose

Herd (Bloodbound Harem) OOO

Herd cannot be bloodbound, if you want ghouls they count as retainers

Geeklet

In other words, there is enough different that I should look for a copy myself. gotcha. Once I read up a bit more on things, I might just make something. Who knows. ;)

RubySlippers

Okay made some changes her Sire was Old Clan Tzimisce but she is to thin in the blood to count being the weakest creature that is still technically a vampire, but had some small benefits for the drawbacks. It actually makes the Harmless merit fit better.

I think she should be fun to roleplay I added some flavor Merits mostly for roleplaying her she sleeps hard is basically from her mortal days one of those people that just is hard to wake up anyway, she needs corrective measures for her vision (glasses or contact lenses) having bad eye sight and has New Kid (is not new but figure she is 15th generation and it came out now no neonate npc's respect her that much). PC's may be different ...

Her disciplines are mostly from her Sire but she picked up Fortitude as one not taught in the parent clan, its basic survival sunlight can't kill her fast but fire, vampire bites, magic and such can and she doesn't heal that easily - she could but its a bitch to. So is padding her defenses instinctvely.

She might know some of the pc's from when she arrived in the United States, if any care to have some shared background.

AndyZ

If you're playing a Caitiff, wouldn't the disrespect associated with that just be part of the Clan Weakness, and not something to buy up extra because of New Kid?

RubySlippers

Its the Anarchs how many are Caitiff are there that have no big limits due to weak blood? I rest my case.

She is not just a Caitiff she is barely a vampire, maybe above a Ghoul but still not by much.

And Caitiff have no clan weaknesses per se there are Caitiff with formidable skills and powers all they have to do is survive a 200 year old Caitiff is still an Elder in overall age and likely power plus at that point would be downright tough in the game so to speak. And any clan vampire would see her as not just a Caitiff but a weak vampire, a rank and file Brujah neonate that is 13th generation would get more respect. On the plus side its a small social drawback that will stay with her forever that is why I took it it fits her background and such.

I could call it something else it just fits her really.