In space, no one can hear you scream...

Started by Tad, October 07, 2008, 01:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tad

I'd like to start a small group game in the Alien-style.  It is intended to be a horror game involving a group of space traders that come across a derelict ship and unwittingly get involved with a couple types of alien creatures still hiding aboard.  In my thoughts of it there will be transformation, inflation and oviposition, but I am open to additional ideas.  People can PM me about character ideas and what their preferences are for the story.  We would need at least 4 committed people to play different roles in the group.  Let me know if this sounds like something you'd enjoy.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Tad

We presently have a female scientist/crew member, still looking for a few more people.

Tad

People, if you can please post your character profiles on this forum after PMing me, I'd appreciate it.  Also, please list in your PM what you prefer amongst the .... experiences... I listed.  There has been a decent amount of interest, so I'm gonna have to accept only people who complete both parts of this requirement.  Thanks.

mdazfrench

Name - Sarah Williamson
Age - 24
Sex - Female
Employee Title - Ship Mechanic

Description - Sarah stands just under 5'10 with a slim athletic build that is usually covered in dirt.  Almost always found in a pair of grease stained overalls brimming with the various tools of her trade Sarah has very little time for the ideals of feminine beauty.  She's too busy trying to keep bits and pieces from falling off the ship.  Her striking and exotically slanted hispanic face is constantly smudged in dirt and grime, her short black hair tied back underneath her dark brown bandana.  Sarah has little patience for fools or people who do stupid things with her boat.  She's crass, rude, and more than a little opinionated.  But if anything goes wrong with her ship, there's no better person to have in your corner (just pray you're not the one that did it).

Bio - Born in the slums of Lower New York, Sarah made her early living as a thief, her slim frame able to get in places the other members of her gangs couldn't.  As she grew up she learned almost every inch of the Ward she lived in; every small access way, every bit of automated machinery.  Something of a mechanical genius Sarah became a self taught cyberneticist and hacker, only caught after she tried to hack the Fed database to find her missing brother after the Riot of '23.

She bounced from prison to prison, her incessant tinkering confined to the sparse workshops the convicts were allowed though she took every opportunity to learn from the prison's databases as time inside stretched on.  Finally the Reclamation Program swept her up three years ago and gave her a chance to start her life again.  Two years ago she enlisted with the Company as a ship's mechanic,  wanting to leave the horrors of Earth behind her for the wonders of the stars.  Though she's served on five ships in that time her service record has been exemplary, though numerous notations have been made in her file about her sometimes 'prickly' personality.  Strangley though, no case files have been found for those ships at ALL, obviously due to some clerical or computer error

((Hope that works for you sweetie :) ))

Kitty's Do/Don'ts

I'm not crazy.  I'm insane, there's a difference :P

Dani

Name: Danielle ( A.K.A. Danni) Murray
height: 5'3
weight: 102 lbs
hair: dark brown, shoulder length, straight
eyes: honey brown
skin: ivory
cup size: C
Body type: skinny, but curvy

Danielle was born and raised in a small, farming community in California. She was homeschooled by her french mother and father, with only limited contact with the outside world. Until highschool, she'd only spoken french, and so, despite where she'd been raised, she'd had to be put in english learners classes.

High school was a struggle, but her grades were excellent and she managed to get a full ride to one of the most prestigious medical schools in the U.S.

Shortly after becoming a full-fledged nurse, Danielle signed up to be on the medical crew of a voyage into space. The pay was good, and it was a once in a life time opportunity, so she jumped at the chance.

( sorry, not very good at making these.)

TanaSilver

Lindsey Freeport

The Freeport family has been involved in shipping since the first frigates sailed the seas from England. The family business has only grown as shipping enterprises expanded well beyond the age of mast and keel and into the great black above. Lindsey was born wealthy and privilege is all she has ever known. She has come to expect certain rights as a Freeport, freedoms that the less well off and well connected never experience.

Lindsey herself is a lithe beauty, with blonde hair and genetically enhanced blue eyes. She is comfortable working a crowded room of politicians, knowing just what to say and when to say it. Though she doesn't officially work for Freeport Shipping, no Freeport is truly not involved in the business somehow. Lindsey prefers to keep herself useful in areas where the drinks are plentiful and the company is rich.

Which is why she was dumbstruck when her father informed her she was going to have to take a trip on a salvage ship into deep space. He wanted a member of the family personally on hand when the recovery was made, he said, and unfortunately for Lindsey she was the only Freeport available.

Besides, he said with a smile, it'll do her good to get her hands dirty for once.
O/O

magnamos

Name: Cornelius McArthur
Profession: Ex-Colonial Marine / Equipment Engineer

Cornelius was born on earth. He got only average marks in school and when the time came to pick a career track he did what so many did. He signed up for military service. The Colonial Marines travel through space, defend colonies and deal with problems. It didn't take him long to find out that except for some piracy and raiders there was nothing much to take care off. His daily dutie was to maintain the equipment on the ship functional.

He finally quit his service when he heared that the average deep space trader fired like 200 round per week more than an average colonial marine. He became a freelancer. He was handy with most firearms and explosives and learned all the basics of civil appliances. The ability to tell which parts can still be used and which are beyond repair were a great skill in his job too. He was probably a good addition to every salvage crew.

Max

Name:  Ted Maxwell
Profession:  Ship's pilot

Ted was born off Earth, on the great Space Dock that orbits the planet.  He grew up in space, and started piloting when he was 16.  He joined the marines at 18, piloting drop ships.  He did that for several years, before leaving the service to work in the civilian field.  A bit less exciting, but pays better.

He has the habit of playing classical music when he flies.  And likes to keep it close, just to make things "interesting."

(OOC:  Transformation, inflation, oviposition.  But like all three.  :)  )
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Tad

Sounds like we've got a crew (and passenger).  Please report to ( https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=post;board=344.0 ) for your mission briefing.

Tad

Silent Wayfarer

Sorry for the late application...

Name: John Freeman
Profession: Radio operator/code monkey

A young, feminine-looking boy of 17, John was born in space and orphaned at a young age. He drifted from place to place before signing on with the ship's crew. Computers have been his sole companions for a while, and so he's good with them. John is also a fairly shy chap, given to blushing a lot. He admires the female members of the crew, but doesn't dare speak to them about it, and he fears the men might rough him up if they're also interested in the girls.
"Yeah. Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?

Uhm...er...well, don't think of the children like that. Or like that. And, oh my gods, not like that! STOP THINKING OF THE CHILDREN!"

- Lizard

My Ons And Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21765.0

Mathim

Can I join in the fun or is it too late?

Name: Ray Grazier
Profession: Biologist

Ray was always fascinated by alien lifeforms and dedicated his life to the study of them. One of the best experts on the known lifeforms, but ostracized for his beliefs in certain ones that are said only to be legendary, and his belief that interbreeding would bring about humanity's full evolutionary potential, he is content out of the spotlight in a less glamorous position on a starship.

He handles identifying unfamiliar lifeforms and informs the crew how best to deal with them (or how NOT to deal with them, most of the time if they're dangerous) and is an expert in poisons and diseases spread by said lifeforms, as well as being in charge of collecting new or unusual variations of existing specimens, dead or alive, and studying them.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).