Mage: the Awakening

Started by Zeth, January 25, 2015, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Angelo having put up the cash for us getting the Sanctum might explain why he's got no Resource points. That and student loans...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

laa

A cabal shares sanctum dots, up to a max of 10.

Also, I could sacrifice my 'Eidetic Memory' to take some dots as well. I took the thing to be fair at first, cus' I thought: "Hey, since I can always read what happens, I should take Eidetic Memory to make up for it"

Angie

Quote from: laa on January 28, 2015, 01:17:42 PM
A cabal shares sanctum dots, up to a max of 10.

Also, I could sacrifice my 'Eidetic Memory' to take some dots as well. I took the thing to be fair at first, cus' I thought: "Hey, since I can always read what happens, I should take Eidetic Memory to make up for it"

CAN. Can share Sanctum dots. I just figured in terms of thematic sense, Angelo might be the one whose name is on all the paperwork.

Zeth

Well since you are in an order, You get high Speech for free right? Does being in an order require Status (order) at 1 dot?

Angie

Quote from: Zeth on January 28, 2015, 01:26:20 PM
Well since you are in an order, You get high Speech for free right? Does being in an order require Status (order) at 1 dot?

Not that I know of. Having no dots in Status (order) is more or less being the new guy at the office. You still get High Speech for free, which means there is absolutely no positive for going Order-less except not getting pulled into politics (and be honest, this is WoD, politics tend to make for exciting adventure).

laa

So, at the moment, how far off are we from getting started? =3

Zeth

I think James has a free Merit dot then. I'll double check, but he put High Speech on his sheet.

Now then Which one of you took Obrimos? I would like to have a mage from each path. SPOILER: you will find a LOT of mana in tass rock form. So prime will be useful.

laa

Nah, I think I counted it as a zero-costing thingy.

Although, as said, I can sacrifice Eidetic Memory for some sanctuary goodness and such. =P

eternaldarkness

Almost done with my character, background and all. My character is a relatively young mage named Evan Asher from an old money Boston family. He's confident, headstrong, and wealthy - hence the Sanctum and Resources dots, and Contacts. If everyone else adds sanctum dots to a shared sanctum he will too, otherwise he'll have a personal sanctum.

Zeth

Quote from: laa on January 28, 2015, 01:40:48 PM
So, at the moment, how far off are we from getting started? =3

Witing on sheets from BraveEarth, eternaldarkness, Muse, and lockepick.

So far off.

laa

Oh dagnabit. xC

Well, Zeth, down my Eidetic Memory and swap it for two Sanctum points, aye. In the meantime, I'll impatiently wait around. =P

Zeth

From page 88 of the book.

QuoteA character must have at least a single dot of Order Status in order to gain the benefits of any special abilities of that society. In other words, a character must have at least one dot of Order Status in order to learn the rotes of her order. (A character’s beginning six dots worth of rotes are an exception. They were presumably taught by the order to win the mage’s loyalty).

As is Angelo an James are NOT in an order. However they can spend 2 experience to gain the first dot in Status to join the order they want to be in. So no biggie.

So laa is your sanctum a shared sanctum? How many points are in Size and How many in Security?

Angie

Hang on, laa, did we ever decide to share a Sanctum? I don't mind if we do, I just want to be asked first.

And if we do, Angelo will drop a point of Sanctum Size to get Order Status 1 just so I can get the High Speech stuff. Because while it may only be 2 XP, that's 2 XP that could go to more important things like Gnosis.

Zeth

Sone one posted they wanted to buy hallow. So if laa buys Sanctum shared you got a place to put the Hallow. Hallow more or less is where free mana collects

Angie

I should probably mention I've read the main eight books for WoD religiously (Core, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Promethean, Changeling, Geist, and Hunter). I miss a few details, but I know pretty much everything there is to know...

Anyway yeah, let's share the Sanctum. With laa's two dots and mine, we'll have 4 dots to split between size and security. I say 2 to Size, 2 to security, what do you say?

Muse

:) I'd like to get in on the sactum if you don'tmind? 

maybe we can even swing a node.  What are they called?  Cray? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

Quote from: Muse on January 28, 2015, 06:36:12 PM
:) I'd like to get in on the sactum if you don'tmind? 

maybe we can even swing a node.  What are they called?  Cray?

The more dots the merrier. How many dots you plan on throwing out?

Zeth

Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 28, 2015, 04:07:13 PM
Almost done with my character, background and all. My character is a relatively young mage named Evan Asher from an old money Boston family. He's confident, headstrong, and wealthy - hence the Sanctum and Resources dots, and Contacts. If everyone else adds sanctum dots to a shared sanctum he will too, otherwise he'll have a personal sanctum.

So how many dots you adding to the Shared Sanctum pool?

laa

Well, if we get a tonne of sanctum dots from others, I'll go add a point to status(order), otherwise, I'll leave it as is.

Muse

Hm... 

Striking Looks: 2
Resources 2? 
Sanctum contributino 2

Something like that.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

If we keep the even split thing, then that means we'll have essentially a warehouse sized Sanctum (example given by the book), and anyone attempting to intrude takes a -3 penalty to get in, and if they're dumb enough to attack us in our own home, we get a +3 bonus on Init.

laa

That's... One badass sanctum!

Angie

Quote from: laa on January 28, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
That's... One badass sanctum!

One of the advantages of pooling it all together.

Muse

Name:      Linnea Fransen
Shadow Name:   Ronia

Cabal:      
Chronicle:      
Concept:      Every gamer’s wet dream. 
Path:         Acanthus
Order:      Adamantine Arrow
Virtue:      Hope
Vice:         Envy

Height:      5’5”
Weight:      125lbs
Skin:         Fair, freckling in the sun. 
Hair:         Fiery red.  (Yes, it’s natural.) 
Eyes:      Green

History:   Some little girls want to be princesses.  Some want to be doctors or lawyers or painters or poets. 
   I wanted to be Red Sonja. 
   I loved fantasy novels and movies, video games and animation.  I loved stories about women who were strong and beautiful, who made a difference in their world with their strength, spells or just wits.  As I grew older, I also caught a lot of the subtle--and not so subtle--innuendos racing through my favorite books.  That was fun too. 
   So by the time my third grade teacher convinced me that Shieldmaiden of Rohan was not a good career choice in the modern world, I already knew my backup plan. 
   I was going to write these stories myself. 
   Now my mother, she wanted a princess.  She’d been perfectly happy as a rich man’s trophy wife.  Even though father died when I was little, he left her enough money to live comfortably forever after (and to give me a comfortable ride through college.) 
   She wanted the same for me.  I wanted to take martial arts, she signed me up for gymnastics. 
   I wanted to join the SCA, she entered me in beauty pageants. 
   I swear when I went to college she really expected me to be working on my MRS degree.  (Bachelors of the Arts in creative writing with a minor in the Humanities and another in history, and still Miss, thank you very much.) 
   I finally did join the SCA while i was living in the dorms.  I loved the arts and crafts--especially the dresses--but more importantly I finally got to learn how swords were really used.  I was lucky to study with people who really knew what they were doing, and luckier still to find some guys who wouldn’t go easy on me, who would let a girl a head shorter than they, and half their weight, hone her skills against their superior strength. 
   I’ve yet to publish a novel.  (No, those three on Amazon don’t count.  When they kept getting turned down I was too proud of them not to self publish.)  I’ve sold a few, but I don’t think it’s because they really love the stories… 
   You see, I’m not very body shy, and I’m actually kind of proud of my looks.  I work out regularly--not just with the sword--and when I was in beauty pageants I learned to wear makeup.  (And contacts.)  So, one day I took the plunge and posed for a life drawing class… 
   One thing lead to another from there.  I wound up posing for a lot of paintings.  When some of the advanced students learned about my hobbies, they got me to pose for fantasy art.  Some of that art made it big.  Next thing I knew, I was a local favorite at the baltimore fantasy and anime conventions, posing in chainmail bikinis or as princess leia or as video game fighting girl. 
   Last year, I even got to pose for a Clyde Cadwell painting! 
   I still have some investments from my father to get me through the hard times, but this is how I make my living. 
   Now my grandmother, she understands me.  She moved in with us when my father died. She was the one who read me bedtime stories.  C.S. Lewis in English, and Astrid Lindigren in swedish.  (If you don’t know who that is, perhaps you’ve heard of Pippi Longstocking?) 
   I bring her up now because--after all this--you’re probably wondering how I wound up in the adamantine arrow. 
   It started when I was nineteen.  I’d come home from college to visit my grandmother.  I was walking into the airport after we said goodbye, she was walking across the street to get back to the cab. 
Suddenly, I knew, that if i didn’t act then, she was going to die! 
I spun back around towards her.  I saw the speeding cab.  I started to run. 
I wasn't fast enough.  I knew I wasn’t fast enough, but I had to be faster, so  I was… 
The whole world slowed down around me and I blurred across the street to carry Gran clear of the cab.  The moment I reached the other side, I hit the ground.  Everything was dark for a moment and then, well, I don’t need to tell you too much about the Watchtowers.     
   When I got back, not much time had passed.  I didn’t even miss my flight.  Back at college, I discovered that one of my swordmasters at the SCA was part of the Adamantine Arrow.  He taught me what i needed to know.  I moved here later because I was able to acquire a very nice sanctum outside of town, with quite to work on my writing.  i can drive to denver for work easily enough. 
   And then there’s you guys. 

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Zeth on January 28, 2015, 06:41:17 PM
So how many dots you adding to the Shared Sanctum pool?

At least two - one size, one security i think