[mul]Crysis RP - Interest check

Started by Fragile Dreams, November 14, 2008, 10:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragile Dreams

Crysis Roleplaying Game Rules.
Introduction
Hello and welcome to the rulebook of my roleplaying idea based on the famous science fiction, first person shooting game, named Crysis.  I will begin this rulebook with an introduction to the game.
Crysis is based in a fictional future where an ancient alien spacecraft has been discovered beneath the Earth on an island near the coast of Korea.  The player assume the role of United States Delta Force operator Jake Dunn, referred to in-game by his call sign, Nomad. Nomad is armed with various futuristic weapons and equipment, most notably a "Nano Muscle Suit". In Crysis, the player fights both North Korean and extraterrestrial enemies, in four different locations: a tropical island jungle, inside an "Ice Sphere" (consisting of the same jungle, but frozen), the alien ship itself (with a zero-gravity area) and a United States Navy aircraft carrier.
The protagonist, call sign Nomad, is also capable of selecting various modes in his military prototype "Nano Suit". The suit is capable of four modes: armor (absorbing damage), strength, speed, and cloak. Due to the ability of constantly regenerating health, the game is completely devoid of first aid kits. All of these actions, however, use rechargeable energy reserves that power the suit; health is recharged most quickly while in armor mode. The suit's integral mask has its own HUD, displaying typical data like a tactical map and current energy levels. The view is electronic in nature, shown in-game through things such as a booting readout and visual distortion during abnormal operation. Onboard utilities include a two-way radio, PDA and audio-visual logging capability, with features like image zoom and night vision provided by optional equipment.
The game features assault rifles, sub-machine guns, pistols, RPGs, shotguns, miniguns, sniper rifles, gauss cannons, an Alien energy-based mini-gun like weapon (MOAC), and the TAC gun (a nuclear grenade launcher). As mentioned earlier, all weapons can be modified with attachments; these attachments may be given to the player by default, acquired from picked-up weapons, or purchased in multiplayer. Once acquired, they can only be removed through death or scripted loss of inventory if in story mode, e.g. if during normal play, a player attaches a flashlight to a rifle which is later discarded, the flashlight is not considered gone and will still be available in the future.
Attachment options are given a fair amount of leeway even if the end result may seem strange. For instance, a 4x/10x sniper scope can be attached to the buckshot-firing shotgun. Additionally, most weapons have multiple firing modes (single/rapidfire) and different ammo types. Crysis also incorporates some features that have appeared in other recent shooters, such as being able to throw hand grenades without needing to formally equip them first, and accounting for already-chambered rounds when a reload occurs.

Chapter I
People on the island.
I will  explain now who is on the island, where the game takes place. The RP story will be a parallel story to those of the game and the team we are about to play has its own background and story. Same enemies and assistance, though and we have open communication with allies, as well with the team that stars in the actual game.
United States Military.
United States Army
Raptor Team is the U.S. Army Delta Force unit that the protagonist, Nomad, is a part of. At full strength, it consisted of five men, Aztec, Jester, Psycho, Nomad and the team leader, Prophet. Aztec and Jester die quickly during the course of the game, leaving just three alive. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) is their ultimate overseer, though later in the game they are more directly in touch with USS Constitution personnel.
•   Nomad (First Lieutenant Jake Dunn): The player's character. His face is unseen throughout the game, and he pursues mission goals with single-minded fervor.

•   Aztec (Harold Cortez): Part of the initial team, he is rapidly mutilated by an alien at the start of the game along with a four-man KPA patrol.

•   Jester (Martin Hawker): Also present at the beginning while at the site of a strange discovery, a boat far inland and frozen, he is captured by an alien machine. It takes him a short distance away before discarding him, at which point his mutilated body is discovered.

•   Psycho (Sergeant Michael Sykes): A former British SAS Operative, who later joined Delta Force. He tends to use British English, and has the SAS insignia tattooed on the back of his head. Psycho survives the initial events and assists Nomad for the rest of the game.

•   Prophet (Major Laurence Barnes): The Raptor squad's leader, who after some time into the game is kidnapped by an alien machine and presumed killed; at that point, Strickland assumes mission command.

United States Marine Corps
Locally led by Major Strickland, the USMC contributes most of the ground military hardware in the game along with the Marines themselves. They operate from the USS Constitution carrier strike group, deploying via a sizable number of United States Navy VTOL Aircraft.

United States Navy
Locally represented by the USS Constitution carrier strike group, and led by Admiral Richard Morrison, USN. The American aircraft seen throughout the game belong to the U.S. Navy, and also seem to be carrying considerable ordinance, as seen when they deploy an F-35C fighter jet armed with a nuclear missile. The carrier strike group meets its ultimate demise at the hands of relentless waves of alien machines and also an alien "War Ship".

Rosenthal's Team
Doctor Rosenthal's archaeology team is on the island to search for remnants of the alien race he discovered clues of elsewhere in the world at the behest of North Korea. He brings with him his daughter Helena (also a scientist), another scientist named Badowski, an unnamed scientist and unknowingly, a CIA agent sent to secretly monitor him. The CIA agent is rescued by Raptor Team during the hidden alien spaceship's first ominous rumblings early in the game and is not seen again.

North Korean People's Army
In 2008 North Korean President Kim Jong Il II is superseded by his son, Kim Jung Soon, Soon revolutionizes the North Korean economy making Pyongyang one of the most wealthy cities in the world in terms of technodollars, using this new wealth the KPA buys the newest military hardware from China, making it a force to be reckoned with for the 21st century, North Korea also has nukes. (found by listening to a radio in a NK command post in the first level.) Led in the game by Colonel General Ri Chan Kyong, known for being a brutal person. Their intent to hang onto the islands is clear, shown by the significant allocation of forces ranging from infantry to tanks and military aircraft. According to Kyong, the Koreans are interested in the archaeological findings because of the potential to use the alien technology as a profitable power source.

Aliens
Operating out of their massive ship embedded in the rock, the aliens themselves have streamlined bodies with which they "swim" through the weightless internal environment. Their organic-looking war machines comprise the bulk of their forces, ranging from small ones able to maneuver indoors to flying ships that can sink destroyers by ramming them head-on. The massive number of machines that deploy at the end of the game, along with filler text for multiplayer maps, indicate their interest in Earth is on a global scale.
In terms of offensive technology, most of their weapons are portrayed as being centered on coldness, shown in-game by the presence of weapons that either freeze targets outright or launch ice shards at high speed. These weapons do not require ammunition in-game, merely having a short "cooldown" time after periods of prolonged firing. They do, however, have weapons outside of this type, such as the sci-fi "Singularity Cannon", or more traditional implements such as directly built-in blades and spikes. These aliens also use melee attacks.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Fragile Dreams

Chapter II
Getting the game started.
As mentioned above, the actual game has the Raptor team deployed on the island. Our team,  team Scorpio, gets deployed on another sector of the island, with the orders to investigate the location from another. Having constant communication with Raptor team, we advance and and secure any points of interest we might find as well scout the land for the US troops to proceed. The character, equipped with Nano-suits, already have maximum speed, maximum armor, maximum strength and cloak at their disposal but must use carefully since Nano-suits use energy  for the abilities. I will explain how every mode of the suit works.

•   Strength: This mode of the suit gives the wearer the strength of 10 men. The user can jump, hit, push and lift weights 10 times heavier. The energy the suit uses is sufficient for 5 high jumps, 10 punches and carry heavy objects for 10 minutes.
•   Speed: The user acts 10 times faster than normal. He can run faster than normal for 5 minutes and while in Maximum speed mode the user can make actions 10 times faster, which means, attack 10 times before energy depletes.
•   Armor: The armor can absorb damage the user takes, protecting him from lethal bullets or any other projectile. While in maximum armor, the user regenerates 10 times faster, while in other modes 2 times faster. A bullet retracts 5 points of energy from the total of 100 and when the energy reaches zero the user takes 10 points of damage from every bullet shot at him.
•   Cloak:  The suit renders invisible, rendering the user into the enviromental surroundings. The actions the wearer makes determine the time he will remain stealthed, so a running user will deplete the armor’s  energy a lot faster than a prowling, proning user. A standing user will have the energy end in 10 minutes of stealthed usage, while a prowling/proning user for 7. A running user will appear after 2 minutes of running. Any action like firing a weapon, punching, lifting or that breaks silence will appear the user, since the stealthed mode is compromised.

The suit also comes with a mask that works as a map, PDA, GPS and also as a targeting cursor. On the mask’s HUD the user can see his health, energy level, ammunition, weapons, communication and objectives. The mask also has a enhanced hearing system that allows the user to everhear a person from 10 miles away. As overall, the suit can protect the wearer from damage, heat, cold, fall, give him strength and speed while blends him into the enviroment. With the mask tactical battles and maneuvers can occur from the user throughout battle easily with just a thought.

Storyline:
The story begins on the VTOL aircraft before dropping to the LZ, 10 minutes before  Raptor team drops to their LZ. JSOC’s orders were to scout and explore the eastern part of the island, while Raptor will explore from the south. An intitial briefing on the mission shows the activity of North Korean army, also known as KPA, Korean People’s Army, interested to a recent discover of an archaeologist team, Doctor Rosenthal ledding that team. US army, curious as always, needs to know what makes KPA so interested to an archaeolgist’s discovery, which an overhearing to the Korean radio mentioned that the discovery could change the face of the world and bring destruction to the holder’s enemies. The team is taken captive and a short signal of SOS, is what triggers US forces to respond and act on the island.
Scorpio Team is a five member team, all trained on hand to hand combat, armed and firearm engagement, tactical battles, strategic maneuvers and modern warfare. The leader of the team will be desided amongst players and will be granted the rank of Major, all other members vary from sergeants to first lieutenants. Whoever becomes the team’s leader will also get extra information and extra orders from JSOC. Finaly, i would like to note that the story, is mostly adventure and combat, although roleplaying between players will occur frequently. I expect players to respect a dangerous situation and understand that they are 5 people on an island where an entire army has scourged every corner of it. Sexual intercourses of course can happen, although i would like to ask to be on a reasonable timing and place.

Requirements for the story to start.
To have the story running, i need 4 more people, no matter the sex or origin. The story will be freeform and the action must be reasonable and mature, you are a special op that tries to survive, so dont start running firing your weapon at all directions, expecting to kill an entire squad. Literacy, is something i would really appreciate, although i might have some mistakes on my own but bare the fact that i’m not an American or Brittish and english are not my first language.

Final Words.
I hope you like the idea of Crysis as a roleplay and i would love to see it coming to life. I recently started playing the game and i’m still excited from the story and from the entire scenario, battles and characters and i hope during the game, you will love your characters and the scenario as well.

Refferences:
Most information about the game, were taken from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Wow, you were for serious! I'll keep an eye on this.  ;)