News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Some Math help!

Started by Lady Hitura Caprion, October 10, 2009, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Hitura Caprion

3t^2 + 15 is in the denominator

Oniya

One thing to consider is the fact that a fraction equals one when the numerator and the denominator are the same.

In other words, 25t = 3t^2 + 15
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Voichin

So it is P(t)=25t/(3t^2+15), or if you put this in tex P(t)=\frac{25t}{3t^2+15}?

Then, because the population is in THOUSANDS, you have

1<25t/(3t^2+15) or 25t>3t^2+15.

Multiplication is safe, because the denominator is strictly positive.

Then you have 3t^2-25t+15<0 which is trivial
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Lady Hitura Caprion

1<25t/(3t^2 +15)

Why 1 instead of 1000?

Vekseid

Because the question states that 25t/(3t^2 +15) is in thousands.

You are solving for 25t/(3t^2 +15) = 1, you want to find the crossing points

25t = 3t^2 + 15 (as Oniya mentioned)
0 = 3t^2 -25t + 15

Lady Hitura Caprion

Thank you, i got the answers :3

Lady Hitura Caprion

Just need a bit more help!

-x^2 +4x -1

Factoring this... I tried perfect squares and it would work too! But... that negative x is throwing me off DX

Oniya

Factor out a -1 from all terms
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lady Hitura Caprion

Yeah, tried that... i keep getting lost... nothing I get gets me a zero of the equation ._.;

Oniya

Run it through the quadratic formula yet?

(-b+SQRT(b^2-4ac))/2a

Lady Hitura Caprion

ive run it through quadratic formula and completion of squares @.@

Oniya

Did you come up with something involving SQRT(12) or equivalently, 2*SQRT(3)?  Because that's where I ended up.

Oniya

Square root of 3, but yes, once you do the division.