X-Men: Days of Future Ruin - Prison Rebels and Turncoat Enforcers Wanted!

Started by Mathim, August 10, 2016, 07:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I know there's already at least two other X-Men games being organized right now but I couldn't resist bringing up this idea. So, I call this one 'Days of Future Ruin'. Basically it's like Days of Future Past, but before any possibility of time travel reveals itself to be used by anyone to try and reverse time and change the horrible future of the world. Those who have seen the series Wolverine and the X-Men will have a good idea of what this setting will look like, with a few changes. That being said, here is the meat and potatoes of the story:

This will be 5-10 years in the future (from today) with the mutant-targeting giant robots being mass-produced by Bolivar Trask and his associates as an anti-mutant measure. However, his Master Mold program, a sentient AI, takes his mission further, asserting Sentinel dominance over all of humanity, not just mutants. Thus great war and conflict happens all over the globe. Most humans are simply killed, and those the Sentinels detect to be mutants are merely captured (regardless of how injured or crippled they become in the process) and put into what will become an incredibly large, central Sentinel Headquarters and mutant concentration and labor camp. Mutants have been fitted with collars to limit their powers to be used only in service to the Sentinels' specific projects (construction, digging, production, food and resource preparation). While the prison camp resembled a desert wasteland with a big fence around it in the aforementioned show, this one would resemble something more like the interior fenced-in area of the humans' base in Avatar, with vegetation, space to move around, and large production factory-like buildings for maintaining and creating Sentinels.

Charles Xavier is believed to have been killed early on in the attack on the X-Mansion which scattered the X-Men all over the globe, but eventually most of the ones confirmed to have survived find themselves under Sentinel dominion in the labor camp. Those who have made deals with the Sentinels prior to their conquest continue to serve them, hunting down renegade mutants and humans who have not yet been exterminated or subjugated (similar to Bishop's arrangement). It seems that all hope has been lost for mutant-kind. But one day, every last one of the captive mutant slaves (and even the ones that are in league with the Sentinels) receives a message that brings tears to their eyes. Charles Xavier himself speaks to each of them simultaneously in their minds. He. Is. Alive. And he's hiding in a place where the Sentinels cannot find him. However, he is without much support and will not be able to remain outside the range of the Sentinels' ability to detect indefinitely. He urges them, however they can, to escape, and he will direct them to his location so that a means of rebuilding what he believes to be a temporal gate that can allow people to travel back in time and change this bleak future.

Master Mold is in charge of all Sentinels but they each have slight autonomy and not all are the same model. But Master Mold's aims are more sinister than anyone can guess at:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
While he is sentient he longs to feel what living organisms do and wishes to inhabit one of their bodies as well as his computerized body. For this, he believes he requires the abilities of Charles Xavier, who he happens to know is alive and simply cannot locate for the time being. But in the meantime, he is urging the mutant captives to breed all they want, secretly hoping one will produce an all-powerful mutant he can choose as his host, or perhaps one with Xavier's same capability to speed up his re-awakening.

Cohabitation and reproduction is permitted and even encouraged among the captive mutants. The mutants are also allowed to have matches against one another (or even Sentinels sometimes) where their collars are suspended and they can use their powers to whatever degree they wish to defeat their opponent, even if it becomes a fight to the death. The winners are rewarded with privileges by the Sentinels, but usually with scorn by their fellow mutants. This, Master Mold believes will divide their community and prevent a strong rebellion from occurring.

With all of this going on, I feel like it has a great deal of possibilities. It puts a natural level of control and restraint on anyone who wants to choose mutants with insanely powerful abilities since it will restrict when they can use them, and gives the maximum number of possibilities as well. So, if you think this is anything even remotely resembling a good idea, express your interest and make suggestions if you have any flashes of inspiration.

I would like to add that, while Wolverine has been confirmed to have been captured, he has since vanished and not even the Sentinels know where he is, though there is no sign of him having escaped, either via cutting a hole in any of the perimeter barriers or having activated any of the electronic doors. His presence is felt, however, in acts of sabotage or messages of hope, but he has not yet made direct contact with any of his fellow captives, except that his broken, blood-covered collar has been put in a prominent place to show that he was brave enough to remove it despite the explosive charge being likely to kill him before his healing factor could circumvent that. So he's basically the phantom, and inside man making trouble and helping the cause in his own way until he figures out how to make the biggest possible jailbreak happen.

Here is our OOC thread for anyone who's already submitted a profile or who is very interested: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255132.0

The IC thread is up, so please follow the pattern of header that I put up so each post is readily identifiable: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255133.0

And our sample profile template. Go ahead and post them in this thread here so everyone can see them ASAP and potentially get some ideas for forging relationships between characters as early on as possible. It's first-come, first-served so hopefully you have a few different favorites in case some of them are taken. I'll abstain from choosing one at first and focus on controlling NPC Sentinels and Master Mold but once we get into the swing of things, Ill take up one or two depending on the rhythm (and others can feel free to double-up as well).

Comic Book Appearances, at least one of which w/ Costumes (feel free to use a new one in every IC post)

Face Claim (please include name if possible; again, feel free to use a new one in every IC post)

Birth Name / Mutant Name:
Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation:
Personality:
Any Family/Close Relations:
History: Start with a bit about life before the conflict, during (like how long it took them to get captured) and current day, specifically what tasks they are forced to perform, whether menial or with the aid of their powers
Powers: Since the collars are in effect most of the time, most can be as powerful as you like based on whatever version you're using
Non-Mutation-Related Abilities: Gifted intellect, martial arts skills, lockpicking, medical training, etc.
Alignment: Are you a prisoner looking for your first chance to break out? Are you someone who has given up hope on life and wouldn't resist if the opportunity presented itself? Are you one of the Bishop-type a-holes who works willingly for the Sentinels to hunt down mutants in the wider world and/or keeping order and preventing riots or escape attempts within the slave camp?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Elven Sex Goddess

As soon as I finished reading this.  The first Marvel X-Men that came to mind for such a game is
Rogue

The possibilities in direction are great.   Freedom,  resistance for what going back to not having intimate contact.   Because of her mutant power.     How torn would she be, likely greatly.   Especially when it comes to the other X-Men  still surviving.   But to feel such intimacy and not have to worry.   The world has gone to a hell and hand basket towards extinction.    Don't they have a responsibility to  produce.   Humanity been pretty much wiped out.   Mutants are subjugated.    An whats more there is no more wars or fighting.   No more taking sides, why return to the past.   But is this peace,  it comes with a price and is such a price acceptable.   

If only Wolverine could truly see what they could have.   Perhaps he would see what it means now for her.   She did not make the world like this, she fought against it.   But its been thrust upon her and them.   An well why did she fight in the first place.   

Mathim

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on August 10, 2016, 08:28:59 PM
As soon as I finished reading this.  The first Marvel X-Men that came to mind for such a game is
Rogue

The possibilities in direction are great.   Freedom,  resistance for what going back to not having intimate contact.   Because of her mutant power.     How torn would she be, likely greatly.   Especially when it comes to the other X-Men  still surviving.   But to feel such intimacy and not have to worry.   The world has gone to a hell and hand basket towards extinction.    Don't they have a responsibility to  produce.   Humanity been pretty much wiped out.   Mutants are subjugated.    An whats more there is no more wars or fighting.   No more taking sides, why return to the past.   But is this peace,  it comes with a price and is such a price acceptable.   

If only Wolverine could truly see what they could have.   Perhaps he would see what it means now for her.   She did not make the world like this, she fought against it.   But its been thrust upon her and them.   An well why did she fight in the first place.

Well, remember, this is 10 years in the future from whatever continuity you're used to seeing them in. Rogue could have had at least one child within that interim as a result of being able to suspend her absorbing powers because of the slave collar, if you wanted that to be a possibility. Or maybe she chooses to be one of the turncoat mutants that works for the Sentinels willingly to capture others and put down resistance. She'd definitely be one of the more interesting characters to use in this scenario.

I'd also like to add, if anyone wanted to play Deadpool as one of the a-hole mutants who sides with the Sentinels, that might be fun.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mathim on August 10, 2016, 08:40:07 PM
Well, remember, this is 10 years in the future from whatever continuity you're used to seeing them in. Rogue could have had at least one child within that interim as a result of being able to suspend her absorbing powers because of the slave collar, if you wanted that to be a possibility. Or maybe she chooses to be one of the turncoat mutants that works for the Sentinels willingly to capture others and put down resistance. She'd definitely be one of the more interesting characters to use in this scenario.

I'd also like to add, if anyone wanted to play Deadpool as one of the a-hole mutants who sides with the Sentinels, that might be fun.

Just from where she has fallen in the way of such events.  Like the Age of Apocalypse.   I really don't see her as having been a turncoat and offering to help catch mutants not yet subjugated.    The slave collar and possible having had a child.   That actually works gives her more distress in joining the rebellion or freedom fight or simply accepting what has become and the way things are.   Adding the aspect she could not hold her own child without gloves or have another.   An if she chose the let it be this is how it is now.  Would now she accept helping to maintain such order.   

Like a said I immediately fell in love thinking of such possibilities in such a game in playing Rogue.   

Mathim

It's up to you, however you'd want to play it. Just some suggestions, as the way the world would be in that future can change just about anybody's personality quite radically.

majinmaster

I would definitely be itnerested in getting involved in this. My first thoughts are towards a character who would have to adjust to this lack of powers - nightcrawler, iceman, quicksilver. Someone whose ability is intrinsically linked to their personality.

I am currently leaning towards quicksilver. He's used to everything around him moving in slow motion, yet he's had to adapt to life at regular speed (perhaps he's even a recent capture), his collar allowing him little access to his power - with rapid speed he could in theory dissassemble his collar and escape the blast. As such he is alone amongst the other mutants in that they never turn his collar off. He is never assigned duties for which he could earn extra priviliges.

TBh I'd be quiet happy playing pretty much any mutant in this. I like the fact it's not a "fighting the end" sort of scenario. They tried. They lost, they are living with it when a ray of hope appears...

I'm assuming wolverine would be run as an NPC popping i and now and again even if we can't see him?

Juggtacular

It was a shame your last game didn't really get the proper steam it deserved. I'm down to give this one a chance though.  I'd probably pick up Colossus, and if at all possible he'd either have his Juggernaut powers or his War powers. But of course with the collar they'd be useless until such a time when he could escape.

TheDarkGoddess

Very interested! I really like the plot. Leaning towards Mirage at the moment.

Mathim

Wow, this one came back from the dead! Thanks for all the support, everyone.

Yeah, Quicksilver is pretty much suffering for Wolverine's defiance, in that the Sentinels understand just how easily he could break his bonds and others' if even a split-second of power failure on his collar is experienced. They might even install backup collars on him to be safe.

Colossus would be useful to the Sentinels for demolition and mining, so he'd definitely get to suspend his collar for daily labor, but I'm not sure what is meant by Juggernaut or War powers-do they differ from his standard ones significantly?

I'm not familiar with Mirage, but pretty much anyone is fair game.

And Wolverine doesn't have to JUST be an NPC, if someone wants to play as him, they're welcome to, but his modus operandi is to stay hidden, even from his friends, in order to try and figure out a way to bring down the Sentinels' control over them. He just steps it up a notch when Professor X contacts everyone.

Elven Sex Goddess

TheDarkGoddess

Mirage(aka Psyche aka Moonstar)  is a pretty interesting character. One of her main abilities is creating illusions of people's deepest fears or desires. I think that would be useful as a torture tactic, way of capturing mutants, getting information  or making them vulnerable especially in this setting. I don't think she would willingly help the enemy but could be coerced through threatening her friends.

Mathim

The Sentinels aren't interested in coercing mutants to torture others, they are simply willing to give freedoms and incentives to those opportunistic mutants who want to carve out a favorable niche for themselves by being cooperative with the Sentinels, but understand that they are on a short leash even then. Those privileged positions have to be earned and a certain level of trust has to be gained, so it's not just automatic (but anyone playing one of those turncoat mutants can have it that they've already been in that position for a time rather than just now starting to be a traitorous dick.)

Unless they believed that a mutant had knowledge of something (like Wolverine's whereabouts, for instance) then they wouldn't have cause to utilize a mutant's abilities as any form of interrogation or torture to force a confession. But even that would only be if their own methods failed to produce results.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on August 19, 2016, 07:46:39 PM

Colossus would be useful to the Sentinels for demolition and mining, so he'd definitely get to suspend his collar for daily labor, but I'm not sure what is meant by Juggernaut or War powers-do they differ from his standard ones significantly?

He's gone through a few "transformations" over the years. A few years ago, he became the Juggernaut during the "Fear Itself" storyline. However the powers worked on tiers I guess for lack of a better term. It went Colossus > Juggernaut > Demon Mode Juggernaut. So he had to actively trigger each tier. So if that'd be allowed, we could just say they made a special collar for him, or they keep it at such a level that he can only use his original powers.

The more recent upgrade is he was turned into the Horseman of War by Apocalypse. That upgrade basically made him stronger, and now he can turn into liquid metal as well.(This is an upgrade he currently has in comics)

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 20, 2016, 12:16:24 AM
He's gone through a few "transformations" over the years. A few years ago, he became the Juggernaut during the "Fear Itself" storyline. However the powers worked on tiers I guess for lack of a better term. It went Colossus > Juggernaut > Demon Mode Juggernaut. So he had to actively trigger each tier. So if that'd be allowed, we could just say they made a special collar for him, or they keep it at such a level that he can only use his original powers.

The more recent upgrade is he was turned into the Horseman of War by Apocalypse. That upgrade basically made him stronger, and now he can turn into liquid metal as well.(This is an upgrade he currently has in comics)

I think his standard (Deadpool movie level, as far as I know) powers would be sufficient for this game. The whole point is they can't get out of control and be complete Mary Sue or Gary Stu characters, which I hope will cut down on exploiting the scenario. Anyone with such power anyway would be kept on a very short leash, and probably not allowed to use their powers at all. Besides, this is an alternate reality so not necessarily all of those events happened to them in this timeline.

majinmaster

I'd certainly agree it's additional dampeners on quicksilver. Perhaps even a linked manacle dampener for his legs? Acts like a collar and the thick chains prevent him from moving at anything faster than a walk.

I'd also like to agree with keeping colossus at his starting power level. I've seen how crazy those other modes could be and fighting at them could have influenced the outcome of the scenario that put us all in this crazy jail! Plus. He's made of metal. Isn't that cool enough? Lol.

Mathim

Quote from: majinmaster on August 20, 2016, 02:17:35 PM
I'd certainly agree it's additional dampeners on quicksilver. Perhaps even a linked manacle dampener for his legs? Acts like a collar and the thick chains prevent him from moving at anything faster than a walk.

I'd also like to agree with keeping colossus at his starting power level. I've seen how crazy those other modes could be and fighting at them could have influenced the outcome of the scenario that put us all in this crazy jail! Plus. He's made of metal. Isn't that cool enough? Lol.

Thanks. And since the endgame is for them to find a way to shut off all the collars so they can go all out against the Sentinels and escape means that once the collars are deactivated, the strongest of all powers are being unleashed and the average Sentinel wouldn't stand a chance against quite a few of the mutants just on their own.

Elven Sex Goddess

Birth Name / Mutant Name:  Anna Maria -Rogue

Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation:  Heterosexual

Personality:  Rogue is down to earth woman.  Easy going and with compassion for others.   She however with powers active, is shy and reserved keeping to herself.  Afraid that she will hurt others with her absorption power.

Any Family/Close Relations: Gambit (Boyfriend before capture), Owen (father), Priscilla (mother), Carrie (aunt), Raven Darkhölme (Mystique, foster mother), Irene Adler (Destiny, foster mother), Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler, foster brother), Graydon Creed (foster brother,)

History:  While on Providence a new threat was released within the mind of Lady Mastermind, called the Hecatomb.With the other X-men having a difficult time defeating the Hecatomb, Cable with his mind merged with an alien species that wanted to destroy the hecatomb had no other choice but to wake Rogue from her comatose state of mind. She easily defeated the alien by absorbing it's powers and memories since the hecatomb had already taken in so many lives and alien species beforehand. Although she has recovered, she now seems to have a hunger to absorb the people around her. 

It is then she is captured   shortly after this by the sentinels and fitted with a collar.   Rogue is turned into a sex slave,  a concubine.   A reward for those are allowed time without the collar.  That is her duty and job.  To perform her job she need not have the collar removed.   

Rogue has been enslaved for the past year and a half.   Four months into her captivity she would become pregnant.   The child is now 2 months old.   This child had caused her to change.   She fought against her predicament in the first few months of captivity.   But when she realized she was with child.   Her thoughts slowly began to turn.   The attempts to escape became with half heart.  To extremely sporadic.   Then when she held the child her daughter for the first time, actually held her own daughter and got to breast feed her.  Well that changed everything for Rogue.

Powers: Fitted with collar - Without collar, absorbing powers, that can be permanent depending on the length of contact.  (Ms Marvel, Sunfire powers are pernament)

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities:  French (English)

Alignment: Lawful neutral is where Rogue falls.  As she accepts her place and no longer schemes to get her collar removed.    The baby girl she had that is now two months old.   It as before mention.  To be able to breast feed,  hold her child without gloves.  Skin to skin contact.   That is such a precious gift.   The question is will she change  support freedom.  Or even bend the complete opposite if the sentinels and Master Mold seem in danger of being defeated.    For without that collar she cannot touch her own baby.   An she wants more.   She wants that connection to normal. Sure it is not normal,  being nothing more then a sex slave, i.e. concubine to be used and passed around.    Not the family she dreamed of,  but after so long without actually being able to touch someone with carnal desires.   Leaves her accepting  her role and place as such and the rule of the sentinels.  An this is the closes thing to normalcy she has ever dreamed off.  To be just a regular person, even in a twisted way. 

Mathim

Very nice profile. In a way they gave her the greatest gift she could have ever asked for, although not under the circumstances she would have wanted, of course. Would you be willing to allow someone to play the part of her child's father if they wanted to make that connection, whether or not they actually get along due to the nature of their relationship?

Also, is the Graydon Creed you mentioned the Sabertooth I am thinking of, or is he a different Creed? Because if someone wanted to play that part I don't want that to be unavailable for them in this alternate reality.

Juggtacular

Graydon is Sabretooth and Mystique's human son.

Mathim

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on August 20, 2016, 10:19:57 PM
How the fuck old is she, then?!

She's in the same ballpark as Logan and Sabretooth.  She's at least 150.

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 20, 2016, 10:40:29 PM
She's in the same ballpark as Logan and Sabretooth.  She's at least 150.

Wow! I never would have guessed that from the movies or cartoons.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mathim on August 20, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
Very nice profile. In a way they gave her the greatest gift she could have ever asked for, although not under the circumstances she would have wanted, of course. Would you be willing to allow someone to play the part of her child's father if they wanted to make that connection, whether or not they actually get along due to the nature of their relationship?

Also, is the Graydon Creed you mentioned the Sabertooth I am thinking of, or is he a different Creed? Because if someone wanted to play that part I don't want that to be unavailable for them in this alternate reality.

Thank you.    I went ahead and change it to Graydon Creed not being deceased.  In case someone wanted to play him.

Sure,  I've got no problem with someone playing the father of the baby.   Actually makes the dynamic of the role play that much better.   

Mathim

Cool. I just hope it's not someone you're totally opposed to in that role, like a character you really hate, whether or not Rogue feels the same way.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mathim on August 20, 2016, 11:16:28 PM
Cool. I just hope it's not someone you're totally opposed to in that role, like a character you really hate, whether or not Rogue feels the same way.

I really don't have one I dislike to the point of hatred.   

Still the dynamic of possibilities is great.   I mean the father of the baby could be a friend, like a fellow captured enslaved X-Men.   Or perhaps a mutant villain.   

Then the varying factors.    Who ever it is could be determine to escape.  To get rid of the collar.   Which when faced with such how will Rogue act.    Then again he has no need to worry about losing the collar, he is a turncoat and helps hunt mutants to enslave them.   Thus he is perfectly fine with keeping her as is.

An the point also is perhaps she has no connection with being amour with the father.    She may ken for another.