Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Forensic Scientist: Blythe

Clues in Play:

Clue #1: Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

Player: Remiel
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Overdose, Plague, Razor Blade, Dirty Water

Key Evidence Cards: Cockroach, take out food, Wig, Sponge

Player: NightOwl35
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Whip, Stone, bamboo tip, Illegal Drugs

Key Evidence Cards: Gift, Pocket Watch, Safety Pin, Surveillance Camera

Player: Madame Professor
Guess used:
Means of Murder Cards: Wrench, Drill, Surgery, Knife and Fork

Key Evidence Cards: Dentures, Exam Paper, Hourglass, Button

Player: Rel Mayer
Guess used:
Means of Murder Cards: Bat, Electric Current, Scarf, Radiation

Key Evidence Cards: Carton, Tool Box, Oil Painting, Vegetables

Player: yugi006
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Bite and Tear, Throat Slit, Trophy Scissors

Key Evidence Cards: Test Tube, Steamed Buns (Chinese appetizer), Iron (for clothes, not the metal), Mirror

Player: Rapt
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Push, Hook, Kick, Folding Chair

Key Evidence Cards: Graffiti, Maze, Cassette Tape, Speaker

Player: Christa
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Arsenic, Smoke, Punch, Crutch

Key Evidence Cards: Ants, Cat, Bracelet, Bell

Player: Ryven
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Match, Dumbell, Sulfuric Acid, Locked Room

Key Evidence Cards: Watch, Timber, Mosquito, Tea Leaves

Player: TheLeslie
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Ice Skates, Explosives, Metal Chain, Unarmed

Key Evidence Cards: Mosquito Coil, Notebook, Bone, Candy

Player: PhoenixRisen
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Amoeba, Cleaver, Machine, Injection
Key Evidence Cards: Flashlight, Hair, Hat, Juice
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

We have everything we need! NightOwl, you may give your first clue!

NightOwl35

The cause of death options are: Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

The victim died of: Illness/Disease.

mia h

I think it's narrowed down to two people already.
None of Remi's cards are Illness/Disease related, the closest would be Blood but that seems a bit of stretch when Blood Loss is a clue option.

Obviously I'm not going to say I'm the killer, but the only card I have that remotely fits is the Bandage but again Blood loss

I can't see that any of MP's or yugi's cards are in any way connected to Illness or Disease.

Now Sunshine has Dirty Water, Plague & Surgical Mask, which aren't too hard to connect to Illness\Disease.

Then there's Christa I suppose the Chemicals are the closest fit for Illness\Disease but Posioning would be a better fit as a clue.

Finally Minty, did she give someone Radiation posioning or maybe the Illness is malaria which would fit with the Mosquito Coil.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mintprincess

I would say 'mad dog' could be if the cause of death was rabies.   (Christa)

Otherwise yeah I have to agree. :/

Only because poisoning was separate since poison can lead to illness, and we call chemical exposure an illness in my field. But I don't know if that applies so much here.

(And I would think if radiation poisoning = illness so would arsenic poisoning.  Because those are in the same type of grouping In my opinion)

Remiel

Yeah, I think it's notable that NightOwl picked "Illness/Disease" instead of "Poisoning" or "Accident."

That's a very good point about the rabid dog, Mint.  It's a bit of a stretch, but since there are so many clues dealing with Loss of Blood or Severe Injury, and so few dealing with illness/disease, it's possible Night may have wanted to isolate it early.

So  the only clues that really jump out at me, now that Mint's drawn my attention to that, are Sunshine's "Dirty Water" and "Plague" and Christa's "Mad Dog".  Also, perhaps Night wanted to suggest Yugi's "Knife and Fork" to indicate foodborne illness?  I dunno, that's probably a huge stretch, but I'm keeping it in my list as a longshot possibility.

NightOwl35

The location of the crime options are: Pub, Bookstore, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital, Building Site.

The location was: Hospital.

mia h

Not sure that tells us a huge amount more.

Remi's Blood and my Bandages could be linked to a Hospital as could MP's Liquid drug.
Yugi appears to be totally in the clear.
Sunshine has the Plague and Surgical mask, both of which fit a Hospital.
I suppose Christa's Bone and Chemicals would be found in a Hospital but both feel thin.
And Minty's Radiation could be linked to a Hospital.

Clio

The one that stands out to me right now is Sunshine's plague, but I'll need to do a deeper look through.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Remiel

Yeah, I'm thinking Plague is our weapon here.  That's assuming clues #1 and #2 both have to do with the weapon, not the evidence.

SunshineSparkle

Christa does have the chemicals, which, depending on the chemical can cause a disease and/or illness. Not to forget the mad dog either.
MP's poisonous needle may lead to an illness if the poison is not strong enough to kill someone.
Mint's radiation can also be part of the hospital clue.
Remi's Arsenic and blood are interesting hospital links.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

yugi006

I'm thinking either MP's Liquid Drug or Sunshine's Illegal Drugs or Plague could be the murder weapon but if we are talking about the evidence then Sunshine's Surgical Mask could be a good choice.

Madame Professor

At the moment, I think Plague and Radiation are our strongest contenders. Chemicals and drugs of the sort are possible, but to me feel more like poisoning rather than illness/disease.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

But they do go with the hospital. We aren't exactly sure what each is referring to yet.

Madame Professor

I wasn't referring to the Hospital clue, though.

Chemicals can be found anywhere. Drugs, liquid and illegal, can be found anywhere. I'm almost tempted to guess Sunshine's Plague and Surgical Mask right now, just on the method and location. Plague is really the strongest of the two.

Radiation is the runner up here.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

mia h

Quote from: SunshineSparkle on March 24, 2016, 06:00:48 PM
MP's poisonous needle may lead to an illness if the poison is not strong enough to kill someone.
Yeah, because if was the poison needle then NightOwl might have given us a really obscure clue from the first board, like I dunno poisoning  :P

Quote from: SunshineSparkle on March 24, 2016, 06:00:48 PM
Remi's Arsenic and blood are interesting hospital links.
Just going throw this out there and suggest that if it was Arsenic was the means then poisoning would be the more obvious clue.

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 24, 2016, 06:54:14 PM
I'm almost tempted to guess Sunshine's Plague and Surgical Mask right now, just on the method and location.
Me too.

yugi006

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 24, 2016, 06:54:14 PM
I wasn't referring to the Hospital clue, though.

Chemicals can be found anywhere. Drugs, liquid and illegal, can be found anywhere. I'm almost tempted to guess Sunshine's Plague and Surgical Mask right now, just on the method and location. Plague is really the strongest of the two.

Radiation is the runner up here.

But they could go with hospital thought but I want to see more clues before guessing.

Mintprincess

Are we only looking at the means now or the evidence too? Sunshine also has a surgical mask.   

(First time playing question )

Galactic Druid

That's the tricky part, every clue given could refer to either. It's up to you guys to figure out Night's intent.

That said, it's usually safe to assume Cause of Death is referring to the weapon.

Mintprincess

So after playing this on TTS I definitely understand it better!  SO let's see:

MP:  Means of Murder Cards: Liquid Drug   /// could cause illness, more likely poisoning though. Would be at a hospital

Sunshine: Means of Murder Cards: Illegal Drugs, Dirty Water, Plague // any of these could cause illness.   Latter two far more likely.  Last fits hospital
Key Evidence Cards:  Surgical Mask  // Hospital for sure

Christa:  Means of Murder Cards: Mad Dog // for Rabies   Not sure I would associate hospital with this though

Me: (but I'm not it!) Means of Murder Cards:  Radiation // Fits hospital, but most people think of Radiation 'poisoning' not illness.  But Radiation poisoning does cause illness.  But it isn't me.  Just trying to be fair.

My leaning would be Sunshine's Plague and Surgical Mask right now.

Galactic Druid

Clio

Okay...now I'm going to put a better discussion than previously.

The two I'm debating between currently, with the clues, are Minty and Sunshine.

Plague would make a lot of sense with the illness/disease, as would dirty water in my opinion. And the surgical mask, of course, makes sense with the hospital.

With Minty, Radiation stands out to me for the illness/disease. I mean, it could also be radiation poisoning, but radiation sickness would make sense. Besides plague or dirty water, it's the only one that makes sense. (Well, besides mad dog...but I'm obviously not going to argue for me...lol) However, I don't know how Minty could be linked to the hospital unless just treating the radiation sickness would be the link.

Although...now I'm thinking of something. This could be WAY out of left field, but what about Remi and the locked room? As far as a method of death, it wouldn't really make sense for anything except suffocation or illness/disease. A locked room with an infected person could be the disease/illness thing, and maybe the blood for the hospital?

Anyway, those are my three guesses right now, but that's just with the two clues we have.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

NightOwl35

The victim's identity options are: child, young adult, middle aged, senior, male, female.

The victim's identity is: Young Adult.

Mintprincess

Hmmmm, well if It were mad dog, I'd have said child, since people would associate dog bites and mauling with the whole pitbull attacks on kids thing. Just my opinion.

I think of these evidences for Young Adult:

Remiel: Headphones

Me: Take-out (food to go) [But it's not me! I'm just trying to be fair]

I don't know, that clue is tough, and may not be all that appliable. I played as the FS the other night and sometimes none of my boards helped.

I do think that Yugi and mia H are clear.

And sunshine is still the most suspicious.

mia h

For me at least the Young Adult isn't helping much, I'm not making any strong connections to clues it might be . I think we can cross off the Stuffed Toy and Oil Painting as clues but the other clues don't really point to MP or Yugi.

At a real stretch it could be Sunshine's Violin, because who hasn't been tortured by the sounds of violin practice. Or Christa's Video Game console, but that doesn't fit with the murder weapon being an Illness\Disease unless the death was caused by a grand mal seizure. As for Minty, either the Take Out or Notebook would loosely fit the YA profile.