News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking For End-of-the-World Story...

Started by OldSchoolGamer, April 30, 2008, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

...but with a couple twists.

First, I'd like the storyline to begin just before the calamity, invasion, or whatever brings the world down.  Part of the fun of The Stand, for instance, is we got to see how the characters reacted to things falling apart, rather than just seeing the post-apoc world.

Second, I do have some limitations on possible end of the world scenarios.  I'm not big on anime-type stuff, or weird scenarios like everyone turning into sex fiends or into animals or whatever.  So possibilities include, but are not limited to:

1. Plague of some kind.

2. Techno-collapse (machines stop working, electricity disappears, etc.)

3. Revolution or social disorder

4. Alien invasion (as long as aliens are humanoid...I'm more into the subtle kind of invasion a la They Live than flying saucers de-orbiting and blasting everything to rubble like Independence Day or War of the Worlds).  "Aliens" could include demons.

I'd like a good mix of role-playing, storyline, and sex.  I have few limits on sexual content, so anything from romance to hardcore non-con sex is fine.  I'd probably play a female character, but could be persuaded to play a nefarious male character or characters under the right inducement.

I do definitely want plot, and gritty realism.

Kitikat

I love post-apoc concepts :)
Are you hoping for applicants to run the story and events?
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

Valerian

Ooh, the end of the world is always lots of fun.  Um, in fiction, I mean.  I'd really prefer to play a female character also, though, since I have little experience playing male characters.  But I'm with you, the somewhat more realistic angles like the ones you mention are my favorites, though I'm not against a good zombie-style concept, as in 28 Days Later, either...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kitikat

A demon variant on 28Days would be quite interesting... I think I could build some plotlines along those lines, along with a background concept that isn't too cheesy... or at least has cheeziness hidden behidn a couple of layers of bad technobabble, if we want?
Ons and Offs and more!

MagicalPen

Not to intrude, but i posted an End-of-the-World type idea (under the thread WE ARE LEGEND...wonder where i got that title from...) the other day too. Its more of a Plague/Zombie + Maneater + Anarchy type of idea (I am Legend -meets- 28 Days Later -meets- Doomsday) and the survivors are picking themselves up. Its meant as a 1-on-1 (and i have a partner for it) but if there was enough dedicated interest it could become a small (keyword, SMALL + DEDICATED) group game open to various types.

I'm assuming your intention is just as a 1-on-1? If not, I would be interested in some sort of small-group-game in such a setting.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Kitikat on April 30, 2008, 06:44:41 AM
I love post-apoc concepts :)
Are you hoping for applicants to run the story and events?

Yes, I was looking for a GM.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Kitikat on April 30, 2008, 09:16:55 AM
A demon variant on 28Days would be quite interesting... I think I could build some plotlines along those lines, along with a background concept that isn't too cheesy... or at least has cheeziness hidden behidn a couple of layers of bad technobabble, if we want?

I would be thinking along the lines of Constantine...not in the exact plotline, but in the form the demons take.  Preferably most would be humanoid.  Some strange things would start happening, then some more strange things, until finally society as a whole would realize, "Houston, we have a problem." 

OldSchoolGamer

I would be up for a small group endeavor as long as each player could have his or her own thread...perhaps at times the threads could intertwine by mutual consent, the rest of the time be separate.

OldSchoolGamer

So...anyone interested in running this?   ;D

Kitikat

I don't mind making a stab at running it, if no better alternative presents itself...
Ons and Offs and more!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Kitikat on May 03, 2008, 06:45:28 AM
I don't mind making a stab at running it, if no better alternative presents itself...

Sure, let's go for it.

Kitikat

Excellent :D
Since nobody else seems to have stepped forward, please could everyone who wants to play drop me a PM with a brief character description, hint of background, and maybe a quick idea of what you want to see in the game. Oh, and whether or not you want to be in a thread with someone else :)
Ons and Offs and more!

VillainUs

Not a bad concept, but my question is do we play survivors or the invaders? I like the idea the invaders are demons, but are we allowing players to be the demons, especially for the non con scenes?
Thru the darkness you find the light
            -Seraphim Shock

Kitikat

Now that's an interesting question. I'd been assuming that the players are going to be normal humans, especially as at least one player wants a single thread to himself for now, but players as demons is an intriguing concept...
Ons and Offs and more!

OldSchoolGamer

I'm willing to enlarge the thread to multiple participants, in the interest of indulging the RPing of others.

I kind of had in mind the criminal(s) on the run forcing the young woman to send them through the portal...perhaps then forcing her to come along with them and do other things too.  But that isn't etched in neutronium.  Thoughts?

krisalyx

now here's one that i'd just thought of this week Life After People Fused with World War Z & with bits & Pieces Of Left 4 Dead & Fallout 3, basically humanity has fallen the cities of man are dust & a group of investigators try to uncover the cause of The Fall, is that a good start or what.
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: krisalyx on May 09, 2009, 02:43:59 AM
now here's one that i'd just thought of this week Life After People Fused with World War Z & with bits & Pieces Of Left 4 Dead & Fallout 3, basically humanity has fallen the cities of man are dust & a group of investigators try to uncover the cause of The Fall, is that a good start or what.

Ah, nothing like a little thread necromancy for a good cause...

I'm always up for an end of the world story.

playfullchick76

im interested. if its like constantine, or a plague style one like the stand, which i did like, im very much interested.