Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

WyldRanger

Ah Lions...Isn't it wonderful to be behind 21-0 to Atlanta after only one quarter?  ::)  When do the Red Wings start?

MagicalPen

I knew the Lions were bad, but not THAT bad!

Looks like Jets are down their FG in 2nd quarter. Gonna have to go for it on 4th and 13. O.o

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

OMG. The Jets just performed the Giants Miracle Throw. Favre about to get sacked, survives, throws it up in the air (seriously 5 second hang time) and its caught for a TD! Kicker still out, 2pt conversion failed though.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Maeven

All I know is the Red Zone Channel on DirectTV is the best thing to happen to NFL Football since Tom Brady.

All it does is switch around to every game where a team is within 20 yards or so of scoring. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

MagicalPen

myp2p.eu is the best website ever. Half the time the links don't work though (for some reason) though its how I watch most of my sports games these days since TV coverage here sucks and they choose to show random stuff on the rest of the TV.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

That was a good game.  I hope Brett Favre impressed long-time Jets fans.  :D

I was worried there for a minute though.   :o

King_Furby

Brady better get back in shape or something, honestly that guy needs to stop getting hismelf hurt.

Anyhow bears vs colts tonight. I really am looking forward to this game. Should be exciteing. I guess heaster is also a WR now this season, i really want to see the bears win this.

Caity

He'll have a year to recover now... He's out for the season with a torn acl

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=455120

But the guy walked off the field (with help and a limp) but still walked.   ::)  As much as I dislike him, I hate to see this happen. 

MagicalPen

Nah, I'm glad it happened. He is a pussy, and continues to be one. Gotta have some sort of excuse for losing ("Ow, I ish injured") but this time its for real. How KC didn't beat them without Brady, no one knows! I guess having Randy Moss can make any QB look like a good QB though.

Anyways, Jets/Bills become Playoff contenders for sure now that Brady is (hopefully) done for the season. Perhaps the Pats shouldn't have run up the scores last season with Brady - they should have let his backup get some reps in since Pats vs Jets next week will be his first start - SINCE HIGHSCHOOL!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

thats a really hateful thing to say magical. I hate to see players get hurt, i hate bret farv but i don't want him injured.

the pats will sure miss brady, but i do think it will be good for brady to take a break and refresh himself. He really does need to think about some of the bad decisions he has made, like not going to the pro bowl cause he didn't win the big one.

I hope he comes back next season better then ever.

MagicalPen

Quote from: King_Furby on September 08, 2008, 07:57:54 PM
...like not going to the pro bowl cause he didn't win the big one.

My point and case entirely. I guess he gets his unsportsmanlike attitude from his Coach though.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

King_Furby

does not mean you should be glad he got hurt though. But Brady isn't all that bad, he has done some good things to. He intentally offered to have his pay cut so they could hire other talent. At one point by choice he was getting paid the least of all starting QB's. Not making up for being a poor sport but don't make the mistake of thinking thats all he is.

i do agree the pats coach is a tool.

Anyhow did you see orton of the bears play, ALOT better then that other guy.

MagicalPen

I think you are confusing Tom Brady with Chad Pennington as far as the pay-cut goes to hire new people.

Da Bears are still a joke, if not for their defense. By all accounts, Peyton had a horrible game and was completely out of sync, but it was his first game back from injury and he hadn't practised/played with the 1st team all preseason. You know, its on the same page as Atlanta winning their first game by a lot. Give the Bears a few weeks, and they'll be back in the swing of QB conflict again.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

Tom Brady took pay cuts too.  But ya know.. when you're making millions of dollars a year... what's the difference?  *laughs* 

I really really really want the Jets to beat the Patriots this week.  But even if they do, it'll be like... "well if Brady were here, they wouldn't have beat us..."

And I am sick to death of hearing how it was a "dirty hit" on Brady.   >:(

MagicalPen

There was nothing dirty about that hit. And the Jets have beaten the Patriots with Brady at the helm before. Pat's fans are going to cry about this all season long. Geesh, talk about drama queens...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Heika Kinzoku

I myself was tickled pink to watch Bill Belichick take the moral high road on that hit. "We always teach our players to hit above the knees and below the shoulderpads." America's most notorious cheater complaining about playing dirty.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jets-Pats game this weekend, too. It'll be interesting to see how Matt Cassel handles the offense, how well Favre works out as more of the playbook is opened up. Could set the tone for who wins the AFC East.
"He can be ordinary in the best ways, and still dance like a poet through every word he says." ~ Sara Bareilles

My O/Os

MagicalPen

I'm keeping an eye on the Bills too though. Its not often they kill an opponent the way they did this past weekend.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 11, 2008, 11:06:15 AM
I'm keeping an eye on the Bills too though. Its not often they kill an opponent the way they did this past weekend.

I agree. Based on what little evidence we have so far, I actually think the Bills will take the division. If the Jets take the Patriots (or even play them close) then this would prove that the division is wide open. Jets barely beat the 'Fins (no offense, Pen!) which means that even the Fins could enter the conversation. Then again, any team with Parcells should be in the conversation.
"He can be ordinary in the best ways, and still dance like a poet through every word he says." ~ Sara Bareilles

My O/Os

MagicalPen

Lets be fair to the Jets though - their QB was retired most of the offseason, and hardly got an reps in during preseason, let alone the playbook. Nor does that provide enough time to find chemistry with the rest of the team, and even the O-Line needs to get comfortable with the QB. Given his age etc, I think he did pretty well.

And Chad will keep things close with most teams, like he did as a Jet. Sub-20yard throws still move the ball.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 11, 2008, 12:49:28 PM
Lets be fair to the Jets though - their QB was retired most of the offseason, and hardly got an reps in during preseason, let alone the playbook. Nor does that provide enough time to find chemistry with the rest of the team, and even the O-Line needs to get comfortable with the QB. Given his age etc, I think he did pretty well.

And Chad will keep things close with most teams, like he did as a Jet. Sub-20yard throws still move the ball.

That's true. I wasn't meaning to knock the Jets. More like, praise the Dolphins. The Jets did everything right this past offseason, making major acquisitions to get some wins. I'm a bit worried about them next year, or the year after, when Brett Favre's retirement finally sticks, and they have to find another new quarterback. But I expect them to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 wins this year.

The fact that Bill Parcells went after Chad TWICE prove there's something about the kid. He's good at marching down the field every single drive, not so much getting the lucky long bomb and earning glamor points.

My O/Os

MagicalPen

Miamis ground game will suffer. You can stack everyone inside of 15 yards from line of scrimmage (thus the Jets problem of years past) and you can't count on any long bombs to open things up.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 11, 2008, 01:42:08 PM
Miamis ground game will suffer. You can stack everyone inside of 15 yards from line of scrimmage (thus the Jets problem of years past) and you can't count on any long bombs to open things up.

They do need to find a great all-purpose back. Someone who can add the extra dimension to their offense. But honestly, I give more credit to Chad Pennington than the average Jet fan does. [shrug]

My O/Os

CaptainErotica

I am so pumped about this season. I am a die hard Cardinals fan and have been since the days of Niel Lomax.

We had a very good draft this year and I think this is our year...finally. The NFC West is in shambles this year, but I think we look pretty solid. Granted it was the Forty-Whiners, and we didn't do much offensively the first half, but holding the ball for over 23 minutes the second half is pretty damn amazing.  Our first opening day road win in a long, long time. We beat the dolphins -we should- and we will be 2-0 for the first time in like 10 years.

It's easy to look at those statistics and laugh -unless your a Lions fan. But, it is pretty easy to see how much this team has improved since whiz took over. Any team chalking us up as a gimmie win is gonna be in for a rude awakening. With the Seachickens, Lambs and whiners looking as bad as they did in week one I see us taking the division and earning a playoff spot. We may or may not win in the playoffs this year, but win or lose it will be a huge step foward for the Cards.

MagicalPen

I was going to say, the Cardinals have an easy game against Miami today. I am hoping its NOT the one I get to see on TV today, since the other 4:15 game is Jets vs Pats. Since I am in Florida, I am sure it will be the Miami game. So, myp2p.eu will have to be my savior tomorrow.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry