This would so not fly in the US...

Started by Vekseid, October 10, 2008, 03:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

The Overlord

I'm assuming that we're debating the singer's apparent tender young age and highly suggestive clothing?

I'm sure it might not fly in a particular North American industrialized nation, which is also the same nation that has regions where girls this age (or younger) dress up like little hookers and enter beauty pageants at their parents' behest. Go figure.

Vekseid

Err, to give context, it's a show entitled the ten best songs for kids (apparently).

Inkidu

More like a teen song. She shakes her butt at about one minute. Probably wouldn't fly (as a strict kids song.) but twelve year-olds in the U.S. listen and watch those skanky rap videos. So go figure.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MagicalPen

The clothing choice is interesting, and she has giant tatters. Europeans are less anal about 'sex' related stuff though.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Caeli

If I'm not mistaken, this singer is Russian? And yet, the genre seems kind of... Europop.

Don't quote me on that though... but the alphabet / language looks Russian to me.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Trieste

Yeah, I was thinking it sounded like German but ... not. Kind of more musical. Now that you mention Russian, that sorta fits (since Russian sounds like German, but not!).

I think the song (depending on the lyrics) would have been just fine without the outfit... or the wannabe belly dancing... I think the biggest concern would be looking at her gyrations and her outfit and how she had to stuff her breasts back into her top multiple times ad hearing a kid's song. Why are you sexualizing a kid's song? I don't think this would be an invalid concern.

I disagree with Overlord on the 'apparent tender age' thing, though. She looks plenty old enough. I would peg her at early to late 20's... and that's adjusting for the gobs and gobs of makeup, which made her look nearly thirty.

Greenthorn

Angina...Russian...google gods answered. And the song was titled It isn't Illness.

"teenage popstar"

Trieste

Aieee... Though 'teenage' does include 18 and 19.

And the reason they had to change all the laws to IDing people who look less than 27 was because there are some 12 and 14 year olds who look like they're in their 20s... *shrugs a little*

Rhapsody

... She's got kids dancing with her, and she's showing that much side-boob?

What is wrongwith her costume designer?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Inkidu

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 10, 2008, 06:36:04 PM
... She's got kids dancing with her, and she's showing that much side-boob?

What is wrongwith her costume designer?
A side boob. The FCC accepted basic cable nudity. Oh well I still don't think that's a kids song like Veks pointed out as reference.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
More like a teen song. She shakes her butt at about one minute. Probably wouldn't fly (as a strict kids song.) but twelve year-olds in the U.S. listen and watch those skanky rap videos. So go figure.

And those skanky rap videos typically feature a scary dude dragged straight out of a Compton swap meet with enough metal on his dental work to rechrome the bumper of a 1959 Cadillac. No thanks, I'd much rather watch her.

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on October 10, 2008, 03:24:14 PM

I disagree with Overlord on the 'apparent tender age' thing, though. She looks plenty old enough. I would peg her at early to late 20's... and that's adjusting for the gobs and gobs of makeup, which made her look nearly thirty.

I dunno Trieste, you could be right, but go out and hit a local shopping mall. Lots of girls clearly not of age, but look developed enough to give a thirtysomething or fortysomething guy thoughts that just aren't right. Maybe it's something in the water...

I seriously doubt she's past twenty, but yeah since it is a kid's show, it wouldn't really fly here.

Definitely not German though, this is from 'somewhere in Eastern Europe'. Reminds me of the European Cafe that sits a few miles up the road from where I'm at...speakers blaring music with something undeniably Slavic, bunch of East Bloc dudes hanging out smoking. Can't give you the country but I know the general region.

Not that I'm knocking it, I'm Bosnian on my father's side.   :)

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 11, 2008, 04:51:31 AM
And those skanky rap videos typically feature a scary dude dragged straight out of a Compton swap meet with enough metal on his dental work to rechrome the bumper of a 1959 Cadillac. No thanks, I'd much rather watch her.
What you got against the '59 Caddy? Hater. :D

Greenthorn

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2008, 06:40:55 PM
A side boob. The FCC accepted basic cable nudity. Oh well I still don't think that's a kids song like Veks pointed out as reference.

Vek isn't wrong...

Angina=Britney Spears (think Oops I Did It Again)

Kids worship them both.

Overlord...I posted that she was Russian.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 11, 2008, 08:12:02 AM
What you got against the '59 Caddy? Hater. :D

On the contrary the 59' Caddy is one of the best classics ever, but it has a bumper that can probably prop up Hoover Dam, so it seemed an apt comparison.

The Overlord

Quote from: Greenthorn on October 11, 2008, 08:42:20 AM

Overlord...I posted that she was Russian.

My bad, I missed that in all the discussion.

Not surprising in the least either, I felt there was something distinctly Kournikovish about her...my conspiracy theory is that the Cold War wasn't over politics or philosophies, the Russians were just trying to hide their best natural resource. The women.  :-\

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 11, 2008, 07:34:29 PM
On the contrary the 59' Caddy is one of the best classics ever, but it has a bumper that can probably prop up Hoover Dam, so it seemed an apt comparison.
That and it'll take any modern sedan off the road and not get a dent.

Trieste

I googled fairly hard for the translation of these lyrics, being curious about them ... but no dice. The most hits I got were either more pictures of her (in which she ranges from looking about fourteen to about thirty-two) or sites on heart disease.

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on October 11, 2008, 09:30:40 PM
I googled fairly hard for the translation of these lyrics, being curious about them ... but no dice. The most hits I got were either more pictures of her (in which she ranges from looking about fourteen to about thirty-two) or sites on heart disease.
Lol heart disease.

Trieste

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on October 11, 2008, 10:46:08 PM
... angina ...

LOL, this is legit, it's actually her name. It took nearly a half-dozen YouTube links to find she actualy made more than one song.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 11, 2008, 08:38:08 PM
That and it'll take any modern sedan off the road and not get a dent.

It'll win a boxing match with a lot of trucks too.

King_Furby

with the way some disney stars act, it would not suprize me if eventually kinds tv goes that route lol. your right..so would not fly in the us.

Oniya

I have to say that I've seen some pretty inappropriate songs listed in the 'Kids Bop' commercials.  I can't dredge up any titles offhand, but I remember looking at the screen like I'd been poleaxed.

And as for kids getting dressed up inappropriately?  Check out 'child beauty pageants', and half of the Halloween costumes for pre-teen girls. :P  (Mine is going as the Mathemagician this year.  Her choice.  ;D )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17