Saving The Drama

Started by Ordell, April 22, 2009, 12:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordell

Well, recent events in life have made me realize that the level of drama does not change with graduation.  People actually have two choices when they leave high school, and it's to drop the drama or to increase the drama.  There never has been any middle ground and it's quite sad honestly.  I've come to the strong realization that most drama is caused by not being able to keep tight lipped about the things we should keep silent about and not being honest about the truth that we know should be told.

I have been involved with a group of friends who were at each other's throats for two weeks simply because they couldn't say "We're gonna hang out with these people this week and not with you guys."  One sentence could have stopped two women from crying and two weeks of bitterness and distaste among good friends.  Thankfully, they made the mature enough decision of sitting down and talking things through as civilized people, after quite a bit of prodding from myself and another friend of mine.

I guess what I'm trying to get out there is this.  William Shakespeare said it best: "Men of few words are the best men."  That applies to women too.  Keep tight lipped and what happens in private should stay private and if you feel the need speak, be honest and useful in the situation.  Be free and have fun, but not at the expense of others.