The Hunger Games-*Open*

Started by Lurking, April 24, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurking

Recruitment is currently Open

The role-play itself is now up and running. Don't worry about having to catch up, there have only been a few posts so far and we're currently in the training centre stage of things, so it's not necessary to read back over past posts anyway. If you want to join you can create your tribute and jump right in from the word go.

I did have a lot of information about the game posted here but as I've got it all typed up properly I shall simply refer you to the rules page.
The Hunger Games: Caesar’s Domain

If you are interested in joining please post here first. Once you get the ok from me, then feel free to come introduce yourself in the ooc page.
The Hunger Games: The Rose Garden {OOC}

And for those of you who want to read over our in game posts, you can find them here.
The Hunger Games: Training Centre
The Hunger Games: Backstage

What we are looking for.

Role-Players:
People who can post at least two paragraphs per post (preferably closer to three). Regular posters would be good too (at least once a week would be nice).

Characters:
We're open to any type of characters, genders are fairly even at the moment.
On Hiatus

persephone325

Hoorah! Hopefully we can get some interest and get this going. ;D
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Miss Red

"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

Lurking

On Hiatus

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Miss Red

*Waves back*

Fancy seeing you two strangers here!  ;D I'm working up replies for V&BDs, so hopefully I'll have those up in awhile.

Anyway, how are you folks doing?
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

Kaya

ChaNeko

OH MY GOD, yes, I'm still interested. This all sounds even better than I'd hoped for. I love your detailed explanations on what the non-tribute characters might be able to do, especially if after a Tribute character dies, we can continuing playing the other. Thank you!

Prince Truhan

Lurking

Hey guys, welcome aboard!
Hopefully things should start moving at a decent pace as we've already got a few people interested. I should have some time this weekend to get things moving, certainly get an ooc thread started up & working out what info we need for people's character's and such.

Quote*Waves back*

Fancy seeing you two strangers here!  ;D I'm working up replies for V&BDs, so hopefully I'll have those up in awhile.

Anyway, how are you folks doing?

I'm doing good thanks, looking forward to starting up my first game on E. :D How are you doing?
On Hiatus

Miss Red

Quote from: Lurking on April 25, 2013, 05:08:06 PM
I'm doing good thanks, looking forward to starting up my first game on E. :D How are you doing?

Great! But I have a backlog of replies that need to be created (including one between Darius and Daniel)  ;)

And the snow in my state has finally started to melt after two recent snowstorms.  :D It's supposed to be 73º F by Friday. *Cries tears of joy* 

101 Excuses (A/A)

TheRaven

I'm in. I've still got a Tribute from the last game who never got used.  ;D
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Lurking

Welcome Raven. ^.^

QuoteGreat! But I have a backlog of replies that need to be created (including one between Darius and Daniel)  ;)

And the snow in my state has finally started to melt after two recent snowstorms.  :D It's supposed to be 73º F by Friday. *Cries tears of joy* 
I know the feeling. I've got a backlog of my own thanks to a busy couple of days at work. Still, I've got the weekend to chill out & catch up with them.

Wow, you guys were still getting snow!? & I thought the weather my way has been bad this year. We've actually been really lucky and had some proper spring weather for the past couple of weeks, it's been wonderful to see the sun again. Fingers crossed the weather turns around for you soon! :-)
On Hiatus

sansa

OH please have this one go off ground! I've been trying to be in every Hunger Game RP and none have kicked off ground.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

persephone325

Quote from: sansa on April 28, 2013, 02:10:22 PM
OH please have this one go off ground! I've been trying to be in every Hunger Game RP and none have kicked off ground.

We're gonna do our best! Lurking has so many awesome plans! ;D
I don't know.

Timber42

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.                                 -Lex Luthor

Lurking

The ooc thread is now up. Come and join us in The Rose Garden.

Anyone who posted on this thread on or before 28/04 is welcome to join us in ooc. Anyone else who is interested feel free to post here or bookmark this thread, however recruitment is currently on hold whilst I sort out how many players & characters we have. Once everyone has gotten their characters up I will either close this thread or let you know how many more characters we need.
On Hiatus

Sarah Morgan

Just in case some spots become available, or you find you could use some more characters, I'd be interested in joining, and I'll be reading along with the game regardless.  Hopefully this actually gets going, because I've always wanted to try a Hunger Games RP, and so far none of the ones that have been tried have panned out.

persephone325

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on April 30, 2013, 09:14:39 PM
Just in case some spots become available, or you find you could use some more characters, I'd be interested in joining, and I'll be reading along with the game regardless.  Hopefully this actually gets going, because I've always wanted to try a Hunger Games RP, and so far none of the ones that have been tried have panned out.

Well Lurking said recruitment is temporarily on hold. But I think that once she lifts the hold, you'll be free to join if you're still interested. ;D
I don't know.

Lurking

QuoteJust in case some spots become available, or you find you could use some more characters, I'd be interested in joining, and I'll be reading along with the game regardless.  Hopefully this actually gets going, because I've always wanted to try a Hunger Games RP, and so far none of the ones that have been tried have panned out.

Well Lurking said recruitment is temporarily on hold. But I think that once she lifts the hold, you'll be free to join if you're still interested. ;D

Yup, recruitment's on hold for the moment. It's just until I get a better idea of how many characters we've already got. As soon as I know if there's space for more characters or not I'll let you know. :-) & Don't worry, this game is most certainly going to get going. ^.^
On Hiatus

playfullchick76

I'm interested in being a part of this one. I enjoyed the hunger games a lot. Also, Im ok with dying in it, as there can only be one winner, after all.

LunaWolf

Are you guys still accepting people for this roleplay?
"We have doomed the Wolf not for what it is, but for what we have deliberately and mistakenly perceived it to be..the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer..which is, in reality no more than a reflexed images of ourself."
Ons & Offs Requesting! Apologies and Absences

Prince Truhan

Lurking is getting things together, I think that while player accepting is on hold right now she'll be acepting more soon.

Even if I'm wrong I'm sure she will tell you herself.

Lurking

Recruitment is currently on hold at the moment. We are in the process of people getting their tributes in. It will depend how many tributes people want to play as to how many character spaces we have left. I will post here if/when recruitment re-opens.
On Hiatus

sansa

I should be able to have my tribute up tomorrow after work. Im working today 10am-10pm though so ill get a rough draft of my character tonight then be able to send her in tomorrow
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)