Seeker thread for 'the Orleans Parrish Coven' - CJ Carrellas Witchcraft

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 13, 2013, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Orleans Parrish Coven
Mixed Coven

Witchcraft

The Orleans Parrish Coven resides within  Orleans Parrish,  most predominately around Tulane university in the Garden District of New Orleans.    A mixed coven of those gifted drawn together.  The coven matriarch is Angelique Marie Dubois,  one of the gifted.    A veterinarian for the zoo of New Orleans.   

It is the time of the mad gods coming awake.   Threatening to plunge the world into a biblical  proportions.   As the signs all point towards the reckoning is nearing.   The veil lifting,  demons crossing over.   The immortal ancients vampires gaining cult status amongst the mundanes,  venerated in movies, games and works of fiction.   Ghosts that no longer cross over the threshold.  Shifters of the varies were types now ever more bound in a rage of madness.  The cycle being twisted inside out.    Fate has decree this coven be a the center of this whirl pool of calamity that pushes the world to its  brink.   

Gifted,  lesser gifted,  mundanes and even a higher Bast are part of the Orleans Parrish coven.      Fate has called upon them to be center of this nexus around New Orleans a major node for magic in the upcoming reckoning.   Yet they are still people,  with hopes, fears, dreams and loves to be conquered and grown.   

Character creation

Looking for six to seven players to fill out the chronicle.    This is a system game and will be using CJ Carrellas Witchcraft  rpg.   A free download can be found at the following link.  CJ Carrella's WitchCraft  Starting points are as for character type.    As players may choose to play as a gifted,  lesser gifted  and/or  mundane.     One player may choose to create one of the Bast (higher) for the chronicle to be part of the coven.     Players may choose from the following orders;  The Wicce,  Rosicrucian,  The cabal of Psyche, Twilight order and the Solitaires.   

Yes the book lists more orders to choose from.   These orders for now unless otherwise stated are npc,  filling the roles of allies and antagonists.  (These orders are the Sentinels and  the dark cabals.) 

Game play

This chronicle is being designed for intrigue, mystery, horror and adventure.   With a dark side it that is filled with gory and sadistic scenes of brutality.   Rape, bondage, murder are some of what may be in countered.  As well as the possibility for romance.    Heroic acts and deeds along with sacrifice can be part of the story.   

Character age will be 18 or older.  ( With good back story one or two may come in at the age of no less then 16.)

Blank character sheet form
Quote[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Association:[/b]   
[b]Concept:[/b] 
[b]Profession/Occupation: [/b] 
[b]Picture:[/b][float=right][img][/img][/float]
[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Height:[/b] 
[b]Weight:[/b] 
[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b] 

[b]Channeling Level:[/b] 

[u][b]Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]STR:[/b] [b]DEX:[/b] [b]CON:[/b] [b]INT:[/b] [b]PER:[/b] [b]WP:[/b] 

[u][b]Secondary Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]Life Points:[/b] [b]Endurance Points:[/b] [b]Speed:[/b]   [b]Essence Pool:[/b]   

[u][b]Qualities:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Drawbacks:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Skills:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Powers:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Weapons:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Possessions:[/b][/u]

[b]Character History:[/b]

Sample Character

Coven Matriarch
Angelique Marie Dubois

Name: Angelique Marie Dubois
Association:   Orleans Parrish Coven (order of Wicce)
Concept:  Fanatic (Coven matriarch)   
Profession/Occupation:   Veterinarian,  New Orleans Zoo
Picture:

Sex: Female
Height:  5'4”
Weight:  136 lbs
Hair: Brunette
Eyes:  Blue

Channeling Level:  4

Attributes:

STR:   2   DEX:   2   CON:   2   INT:   4   PER:   3   WP:  4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points:   26   Endurance Points:   29   Speed:     8   Essence Pool:    30
Qualities:

Gift  5
Essences channeling  level 2 (4)
Attractiveness 1
Old Soul 4

Drawbacks:

Addiction 2 ( Light use of marijuana ) 
Fear of commitment  1 
Zealot 3 ( High Priestess of the goddess)
Adversary  4 (archdiocese of New Orleans)

Skills:

Rituals  4 ( Covenant of  Wicce )
Biology  3
Veterinarian  medicine 5
Research/Investigation 3
Occult knowledge  4
Driving  1 
Language 3  (English-slight accent, native speakers will recognize not first language.  Native – Creole)
First aid 2

Powers:

Heal wounds `3
Essence Shield 2
Create Ward 3
Physical shield 2
Lightning Bolt 3 
Essence channeling  +2 (4)

Weapons:

None

Possessions:

Laptop,   Smart phone,   veterinarian bag,  ritual materials,   a collection of occult books.   Marijuana plants, three to be precise that she grows for her casual light recreational use of the weed,  apartment (A coach house within the garden district of one of the mansions.)

Character History:

Angelique is Creole born and raised in Louisiana bayou .   Like her mother and grandmother and so on  before her for the last seven generations.   Angelique is a priestess of the goddess.  Which over the course of years has caused her to come under then notice of the archdiocese of New Orleans.  For  Angelique is rather strident in her passion in following the goddess.   Her views of the church as corrupt and a plague on the balance of nature fuel this passion.   

She attended university of Florida veterinarian school.   Graduating she gained employment on the staff of the New Orleans Zoo as one of the staff veterinarians.    She lives in the garden district in a rented out coachman house to one of the mansions within the district.     Through she knows how to drive.   Angelique doesn't own a car.   Preferring to use the trolly car system of New Orleans or just plain walk,  as home and work  are within reasonable walking distance.

At first glance one might think her a Nazi  feminist.   This is not the case,  through her views give her a fear of commitment.    A fear that if she commits to anyone that she will be swallowed up and lose her identity.    So getting to know her is easy but getting her to commit is a whole another story.     For she feels empty not whole.   Despite her gifts, her beliefs   that she follows with a fanaticism,  she is incomplete.

Yet do not mistake her for a bleeding heart naturalist.    Balance is what is paramount to the cosmos.   A foolish coyote that goes out on a lake of ice and gets stuck on a iceberg is well been selected by natural selection to be weeded out,  it was just too dam stupid.   

Antipaladin of Calista

After I clean up my splooge from seeing someone wanting to run this I'll start making a character. I love WitchCraft! The first time I played the system I was at X-con and someone had AFMBE. After that I found WitchCraft and was hooked.

May I make the Bast or should I make someone else for now since there aren't many people in line yet?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on April 13, 2013, 05:18:33 PM
After I clean up my splooge from seeing someone wanting to run this I'll start making a character. I love WitchCraft! The first time I played the system I was at X-con and someone had AFMBE. After that I found WitchCraft and was hooked.

May I make the Bast or should I make someone else for now since there aren't many people in line yet?

The Bast (Higher)  be fine.   Look forward to seeing the character.   

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on April 13, 2013, 06:27:44 PM
The Bast (Higher)  be fine.   Look forward to seeing the character.

Yeah. I'll post the character once a few more people show interest.

Sessha

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Elven Sex Goddess

Character Creation Starting Points

Gifted: 15  points for Attributes,  10 points for qualities (up to 10 points can be taken for drawbacks.)  25 points for Skills and 30 points for metaphysics (powers)  Must purchase the gift quality.

Lesser Gifted:   20 points for Attributes, 15 points for qualities (up to 10 points can be taken for drawbacks.)  30 points for Skills and 15 points for metaphysics (powers).   Must purchase the gift quality.

Mundanes:  25 points for Attributes,  20 points for qualities (up to 10 points can be taken for drawbacks.)  35 points for skills and they get no points for metaphysics (powers) nor can they purchase supernatural qualities. 

The Bast-High: The feline shifters.  15 points for Attributes,  10 points for qualities which must be spent in taking the gift quality and the high bast quality.  (up to 10 points can be taken in drawbacks.)  30 points in skills and 25 points in metaphysics (powers).

Also what can be chosen in regards to what order one belongs to has been amended in the original opening post.   To allow those who wish to play a Rosicrucian,  The Cabal of Psyche  and  the Twilight order also to be included along with the Wicce and Solitaire to be chosen from for play.   (The Sentinel along with dark cabals and covens are strictly npc.)