AHS: Coven / Brother Brandon's School for Exceptional Young Men{MxMxMore Rp}

Started by TeacupTwink, November 06, 2013, 03:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on November 15, 2013, 12:29:23 AM
Well there is the fact that he was considering too many bottoms to be such a problem that he might limit them lol So I assume sex will be at least one of the primary focuses, though there will certainly be much room for socializing and sandbox-ish stuff?

Honestly, I don't want too many of any kind of character. I guess bottoms would be the wrong word to use, submissive was more like it.  I'm just hoping we don't get too many submissive personalities. The reason why is because those types usually have to be approached rather than doing the approaching.  Even the ones with a sting ( even though we need submissive types I just don't want to overload on them. )

It just happens most subby types tend to be bottoms. Originally being from a yaoi site, I usually say Bottom = Uke = Shy Submissive --- Not because the character is crafted that way just generically speaking. [ I obviously left that site for a reason. The group games just didn't go anywhere which is why I don't want it to happen here. Too much of one characteristic. ]  --- We've got three shy submissive ( not sexually ) but  social wise characters. I'd like to cut it there and have some in betweens and some social butterflies.  Obviously we need the submissive shy types for a balance, but I kind of like how in Secrets we've got a balance of everyone.

Also, Kitten - I might take you up on that offer. :]

----

Also, Tux - I think having the Church as an enemy after perhaps seeing one of the boys unknowingly use his powers in front of one of the regular members of the church or even a religious school not far so the rivals would be the same age range?

TeacupTwink

Quote from: GhettoMagick on November 15, 2013, 12:43:16 AM
I am torn between making a white witch or a laveau in the house.

I think that a Laveau would be most interesting and a great addition to the game. A variety is always good. :]

Twisted iN Tux

TT, you could take it that route. Perhaps there's an all-boys (all-girls or mixed) catholic (or whatever) school in the same neighborhood.

CurvyKitten

I like the idea of mixing up the character types, I always try to add a balance of strengths and flaws to all my characters. Gives them something they are good at, as well as giving them areas to grow. There are still several different ways a character can be written so limiting one subtype shouldn't put a damper on things at all.

And
Quote from: TeacupTwink on November 15, 2013, 12:45:28 AM
Also, Kitten - I might take you up on that offer. :]

Woot look forward to any ideas you have. :)

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on November 15, 2013, 12:53:29 AM
TT, you could take it that route. Perhaps there's an all-boys (all-girls or mixed) catholic (or whatever) school in the same neighborhood.

I think that it would definitely make a nice contrast. The house could be quite close to it. To a point that bible humping boys could be gawked at and visually molested by Eli's filthy mind and receive a decent amount of scolding for.  ::)

Perhaps we can pre-set what set it off so that those playing the kids from the school can start with us once we get them. Perhaps they burned one of the warlocks from the school over the summer? They can plan attacks even, possibly TRY but fail at setting the house on fire.  Maybe the warlocks don't even know 100% if the bible loving students are behind it and some of the students from there befriend the students at Brother Brandon's just to betray them and get them from the inside?

TeacupTwink

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 15, 2013, 12:57:05 AM
I like the idea of mixing up the character types, I always try to add a balance of strengths and flaws to all my characters. Gives them something they are good at, as well as giving them areas to grow. There are still several different ways a character can be written so limiting one subtype shouldn't put a damper on things at all.

And
Woot look forward to any ideas you have. :)

Oh, I know. You've obviously given your characters personality, made the shy one a bit of a sarcastic smart-ass and so on. A specific character can be well balanced, but you always want some that are on one end or the other. I have to admit though, I love dramatics. The idea of having the nerd, the batshit crazy person, the slut, the goody goody Prince and so on = Love.

I'll message you some possibilities for ideas?  :-)

Twisted iN Tux

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

And he seemed like such a nice boy, too. Why just the other day he was handing out bowls at the local soup kitchen. Tsk tsk. WWJD?

TeacupTwink

boyblue23

And not to be too Romeo and Juliet but perhaps romantic feelings may develop between a Catholic Student and one of the Coven :)

Ryven

I've decided to respectfully forego joining this RP.  Thank you guys for considering my interest though.

Captain My Captain

Hey guys. Popping in to say I'm interested. I'll work on a character and see what I can do.

TeacupTwink

Faustus

Name: Lucian Than Valdis
Alias:
Occupation: Staff – Works with students on Necromancy. What he deems as “work” seems to be little more than “follow me on this excursion, carry my books and if you slow me down I'm leaving you behind.”
Race:  Caucasian – Speaks with the faintest traces of a Scandinavian accent.
Height: 6'1”
Body-Type: Rather slim and lithe, but the hidden muscle beneathe has put him on par with a standard gymnast or dancer in shape.
Body-Hair: Has been known to occasionally entertain the use of facial hair, but often decides against it. He prefers himself smoothe so no body hair catches in anything he happens to be working on at the time.
Tattoos: Lucian is the owner of an Yggdrasil Tree tattoo that spans across his upper back. He sometimes chooses to conceal this with his Shapeshifting, though.
Piercings: Occasionally his ears are pierced. Sometimes they are closed. Lucian changes his subtle exterior appearance through his shapeshifting talent so often that it can never be confirmed.

Powers: 17/18 points spent, 1 remaining.
  • Necromancy
    • Cost : 5
    • Skill Level : Mastered. This is the one talent that Lucian is, above all else, truly proud of himself for mastering. He finds a high level of fascination in raising the dead – be it deceased animals to humans – and seeing how far he can push them. He is constantly re-animating things, only to kill them and repeat the process. He is currently working on raising entire hoardes of the deceased instead of only one or two while maintaining his full control over them. Is also interested in attempting to infuse his talent with someone who can use Resurrection to see exactly what could come of it.
  • Shadow Shade
    • Cost : 2
    • Skill Level : Mastered. Shadow Shade was an ability Lucian harnessed quickly on as being able to blend in with the darkness surrounding him would be critical in his early stages for acquiring corpses to raise. He still uses this gift to sneak around, often to burial grounds but sometimes around the campus to avoid being seen by students and staff alike.
  • Shapeshift
    • Cost : 4.5
    • Skill Level : Average. While he has the ability to use this to change his form over into an animal or completely altering his appearance, Lucian prefers using it to change his hair length, presence of facial hair, or camouflaging his heterochromia. Mind, sometimes the eyes he chooses to use are even more startling than his natural ones, but. . . In a panic for escape if Shadow Shade is not available to him, Lucian has been known to take on the form of an animal or two. He is tell-tale from the animal he is attempting to mimic, however, because he cannot hide his heterochromia in their forms.
  • Healing
    • Cost : 3.5
    • Skill Level : Average. Raising the dead is a risky business and Lucian is not without his uncomfortable bumps and scrapes with the very creatures he attempts to harness control over. Learning how to heal himself in case of attack became paramount. He had begun working on attempting to use the Healing talent on the deceased he raises – sometimes trying to close old wounds and make a more efficient corpse, sometimes trying to heal closed a wound he purposefully inflicted on the target.
  • Soul Tapping
    • Cost : 2
    • Skill Level : Minor. Though he isn't the best at tapping energy from others, Lucian finds it a helpful thing to have learned. Soul Tapping doesn't do much for him, but it has been known to sustain him in long bouts of work over a body.

Personality:
Lucian, in a word, is a bit of a prick.

Cocky and arrogant to a fault, it cannot clearly be stated why he is actually even around the school grounds except that they happen to be close enough to a cemetery to work well for his own purposes and gain. Lucian treats many of the new students with a sense of disdain, often looking down on them and has been known to mock their talents from time to time. It is unknown if he actually believes himself superior to them or if it is some part of an inane welcoming ritual he has concocted over the years. Some students do get close to him, usually those that show any talent with the darker art aspects or have exceptional drive and cunning. These are the sort he prefers to take under wing.

The others. . Well, he'll bring you along and provide you with knowledge to succeed, but those that show no interest in his art are quickly pushed aside or simply put on pack mule duty on the outings to the burial sites.

There is certainly something very off to his behaviour, sometimes ranging from him appearing to only give someone half of his attention to a fast and hard swing into a more eccentric and uncontrolled mood. He has been known to switch between manic stages so quick that if you blink you miss the subtle shift, though he usually attempts to reign himself in around new students.

Usually.

• The smell of formaldehyde
  • Astronomy
  • The period of the night between midnight and three in the morning
  • Strawberries
  • Messing with the new students (and some old)
Dislikes:
  • Being told that his practice is “inhumane” or otherwise being barred from work
  • Rain. Mud makes it so much harder to dig up a corpse
  • People staring at his eyes
  • For that matter, making eye contact
  • Straight-and-narrow path students and faculty
History:
Lucian Valdis does not discuss his past with others, and as such relatively little is known about this enigma of a character. It can be assumed by the slight trace of accent and his surname that his family hails from – and he possibly was raised in – Scandinavia at some point in time. Lucian neither confirms nor denies these allegations. Once, when intoxicated, he idly stated that he was descended from a long line of Volva women, Seidr users during the high Viking Age. Perhaps its true. Maybe it was a lie. The tattoo on his back is suggestive otherwise. . .

What is known was that he presented at an early age and was trained under his parents. This much he confesses to and states that his parents were two of the greatest, and strongest, users he has ever met. It could be Lucian simply attempting to brag about his family, or the statement could hold grains of truth. Regardless, in a child's eyes they were great and benethe them he learned much of what he knows today.

At some point he ended up within the United States and accepted a position “teaching” students at the school. His paperwork shows that he has been doing this since he was twenty-four, a rather young age for a staff member with his particular talents. . Beyond that, Lucian either side-directs the information about him in a different direction or spreads so many lies about his history that wading through the fake statements to find the glimmer of truth becomes impossible. Perhaps someone can get close enough to worm the truth from him, or simply pry from his hands the leather-bound book he is constantly writing in. . .

That might hold the key to understanding the man.

Between The Sheets: Lucian has been very actively known to switch his roles depending on his mood and the appearance he has taken on that day. Facial hair is a pretty good sign that he is feeling more dominant on that day, while clean may be more suggestive of submission or power-bottoming. He is unpredictable by nature and should not be assumed for either.
Role: Switch. Some days he is 50/50, some days it may be more 70/30. 90/10. 100/0. You never know until you try.
Turn On(s): Being worshiped or praised during sex, bondage, D/s relationships. He is curious about victims partners who are willing to let him injure them, then test his healing on them. In return, he is equally intrigued by a partner who is willing to rough him and let him test his own personal capabilities. Wax play. Biting. Hair pulling. Using his scientific equipment in ways that is normally dissuaded.
Turn Off(s): Whiny partners that expect him to cater to their needs. Commitments. Those that look down on his work with disdain or refer to it in derogatory fashion. He is a highly proud individual, so he isn't keen on being humiliated either. Mun Notation : While Lucian doesn't like it, his player encourages this behaviour if you want. I would love to see him taken down a notch or six.

Extra images of Lucian Than Valdis

So, I noticed we were lacking in the staff member category, so I supplied my own. Forgive Lucian, he's a bit of a nutter who might make more sense as the game goes on. We'll see. ::)

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Stygia

Faust...I love your characters. All of them.

>.>

I suggest you start a harem. *firm nod*

Faustus

Do you know how dangerous it would be to keep some of them penned together? Like Lucian here. . Couldn't put him in the same place as, say, Ginger. My poor Gingy wouldn't come out of it okay. ;)

But thank yooou for the love! You continue to flatter me and make me blush, Stygia!

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Stygia

Quote from: Faustus on November 15, 2013, 07:36:32 PM
Do you know how dangerous it would be to keep some of them penned together? Like Lucian here. . Couldn't put him in the same place as, say, Ginger. My poor Gingy wouldn't come out of it okay. ;)

But thank yooou for the love! You continue to flatter me and make me blush, Stygia!

Well, seems I must be doing SOMETHING right!  ;D

Faustus

TeacupTwink

I love him Faustus, he's a great addition. I can see you got some inspiration from Repo! <3

Faustus

Quote from: TeacupTwink on November 15, 2013, 08:11:25 PM
I love him Faustus, he's a great addition. I can see you got some inspiration from Repo! <3
You know, if that happened it was 110% unintentional, haha~

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Faustus on November 15, 2013, 08:22:45 PM
You know, if that happened it was 110% unintentional, haha~

Lol everyone loves Grave Robber, it can't be helped.  ::)

Faustus

Well, regardless. *bows* Thank you for enjoying him, Teacup? I can't wait to get both him and Tracey into action. :D Speaking of - Do we have a start date in sight?

TeacupTwink

I think we'll be starting in 2 days. I think that it sounds appropriate we have a decent amount of characters, I'm going to be changing Eli up a little as I'm making a history with CurvyKitten. 

Faustus

Sounds lovely!

Ah, I guess this is where I need to put my statement too : Anyone wanting to make past history, friendships, relationships, etc. with either Tracey or Lucian let me know! I'm more than happy to work things out with other players, even if it's only a fleeting bit!

Orange Marmalade

Ditto for Reid! He's fairly new to teaching at the school, but he's been at the school for many years, going there through grade school and college.

Faustus

Yeah, Orange, I'm totally thinking Reid and Lucian need to have something worked out. At least we need to approach how they've been working alongside one another at this school, considering their clashing personalities. :D