What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on May 28, 2012, 07:49:50 AM
I'm about to be playing something I can't talk about 'cos it's a closed beta.

I just thought I'd share.

So people can be curious.

.....*Shakes the very foundations of your soul*

What is it? D:>

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on May 28, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
.....*Shakes the very foundations of your soul*

What is it? D:>

I'll tell you all about it.

Later! :'D

I've never been in a closed beta before, I gotta savor the secrecy and the pain that comes with wondering for as long as I can!

Inkidu

It's probably just a MuMorPaGuh (MMORPG).

Unimpressed Inkidu is not impressed, also not curious either.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Discovered I need to completely change my play strategy for the last (apparent) level of Gemcraft (the first one).  The final (I think) boss has armor out the wazoo, so my simple-damage gems don't do jack.  It's also got hit-points out the wazoo, meaning that I have to damage it somehow, and reasonably fast - as well as suck mana so I can let it go around more than once or twice.  So, instead of just building up big gems, I need to watch my special effects as I do so.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I expected that from someone like Blizzard or Activision. Are they going to start forcing on line always because of this.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

If the game is paid for by advertising and is otherwise free ... I still won't play it!

Inkidu

So I popped in GTA IV thinking, "How hard can it be?" I forgot how finicky the driving can be. I've lost a lot of missions already on a bunch of the driving missions.

Sabby

Yeah, I'll praise the car damaging all day, but the handling was just too... greasy. Any chase scene on a freeway was just beautiful though. One thing I loved was shooting a tire out didn't just vaporize it, it went flat, and if the car kept driving the rubber would finally just tear off the rims. This one time I managed to shred the back wheel of an SUV speeding down the freeway. It got a good distance ahead and the tire finally ripped off. The thing fishtailed and finally rolled. Was beautiful.

AribethAmkiir

Just finished ME3 and all I have to say is  >:(

Story Tale

Game of Thrones for xbox... I feel so so about it. I wish there was more char customization, and more of an open world feel to it, like Skyrim maybe... It's nice to get my little Game of Thrones fix before season 2 comes out on dvd though.

AribethAmkiir

I played through the first several chapters of Games of Thrones and have to agree.  Plus it was a bit predictable if you've read any of the books.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 28, 2012, 06:07:14 PM
Yeah, I'll praise the car damaging all day, but the handling was just too... greasy. Any chase scene on a freeway was just beautiful though. One thing I loved was shooting a tire out didn't just vaporize it, it went flat, and if the car kept driving the rubber would finally just tear off the rims. This one time I managed to shred the back wheel of an SUV speeding down the freeway. It got a good distance ahead and the tire finally ripped off. The thing fishtailed and finally rolled. Was beautiful.
My best one was probably when I got ahead of a guy cut a switch back, was going reverse down what was essentially Broadway and put a full clip of pistol ammo into the driver-side of the car before switching back and driving off.

Still, now I hit a median and my car does forty three barrel rolls in mid air like God's own backspin. Sheesh, I'm rusty.

Also, don't burn out too long you'll pop your tires.

Exelion

Guessing Mechwarrior Online.

Don't know of a single other decent MMO in closed beta.

Wolfy

Quote from: Exelion on May 28, 2012, 07:11:32 PM
Guessing Mechwarrior Online.

Don't know of a single other decent MMO in closed beta.

Well, there's Guild Wars 2, but it's open to the press now.

Then again, it could be something other than an MMO....Though I dunno if FPS games have closed betas...I know some do, but I dunno about any of the major ones coming up...

Hemingway

Exelion

Quote from: Wolfy on May 28, 2012, 07:14:15 PM
Well, there's Guild Wars 2, but it's open to the press now.

Then again, it could be something other than an MMO....Though I dunno if FPS games have closed betas...I know some do, but I dunno about any of the major ones coming up...
Betas for non-online games are rarely under NDA, or at least not for long.

GW2 is open now, I've been in beta for weeks. Well, technically. They haven't HAD a beta event for weeks, but it's all open now.

Oniya

Okay - got through that last level (my strategy worked well :-) ), and now it's just a matter of unlocking the last two 'secret levels'.  I just want to see the critters dancing on the shock level.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Those sound like bonus levels from hell.

Oniya

Well, the deal is that each bonus level lets you work with only one kind of special effect.  The two that I have left are the armor reducers and the stun/shockers.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on May 28, 2012, 06:49:29 PM
Also, don't burn out too long you'll pop your tires.

I remember I pulled a long drift on Mafia 2 and the friggen hubcap came spinning off o.O that was honestly impressive to me xD that they took the time to code how much stress until a hubcap pops like a container lid in a microwave.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 28, 2012, 09:22:37 PM
I remember I pulled a long drift on Mafia 2 and the friggen hubcap came spinning off o.O that was honestly impressive to me xD that they took the time to code how much stress until a hubcap pops like a container lid in a microwave.
I hate the hellcat or hellfury whatever the chopper motorcycle is. It handles like a brick of a lead covered in crap.

Also, I got bumped pretty hard crossing the street and Nico staggered around for a good fifteen seconds like a drunk. I can't tell if it was intentional coding or if he was really throw for a loop.

Sabby

Haha, my brother can top that one. He stopped on the sidewalk to get out an AK-47, then walked across, and was hit by a Taxi. Not a full on collision, the guy wasn't going fast and slammed his brakes on, so the bonnet banged into him about as hard as a shoulder barge. And he fell onto his back and held the guns trigger, screaming and firing his whole clip into the air xD

And then he started doing it whenever he could. A car going at walking speed. Bump. AHHHHH! Stagger around drunkenly flailing a throttling UZI xD

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 28, 2012, 09:34:06 PM
Haha, my brother can top that one. He stopped on the sidewalk to get out an AK-47, then walked across, and was hit by a Taxi. Not a full on collision, the guy wasn't going fast and slammed his brakes on, so the bonnet banged into him about as hard as a shoulder barge. And he fell onto his back and held the guns trigger, screaming and firing his whole clip into the air xD

And then he started doing it whenever he could. A car going at walking speed. Bump. AHHHHH! Stagger around drunkenly flailing a throttling UZI xD
Point Break, yay? :D

I never lost my footing or fell but he was like, "Whoa, I need a bench."

I got a cool one. Got a crotch rocket and did a flip meanwhile I was spraying with an uzi. Killed my target... and four pedestrians. Ah, assassin missions.

EDIT: Playing CiV and I love it when Roman aircraft carriers are invading across the ocean.

Hemingway

Dragon's Dogma, at last. I'm playing a fat, muscular fighter type, and my main pawn is a redheaded amazon.