News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

See me after class (thatguy & Smoketail)

Started by thatguy, May 12, 2015, 12:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatguy

Spencer, or Mr Matthews to his students, stepped into his classroom, dropping his folder on the old desk at the front of the classroom and setting his coffee down before slumping down heavily in his seat with a yawn. Shuffling his body around to get comfortable in the old chair that had been shaped by years of his slightly toned athletic body sitting in it. He'd been up all night marking exam papers, which was obvious by the look of his face, his eyelids barely open to show off his blue/green eyes that each day seemed to look more one colour than the other, today they were more blue than green, but you wouldn't know with his lazy eyelids mostly hiding them. He rubbed his eyes with his hands, then ran them up over his freshly shaved head and down the back of his neck, rubbing the tight neck muscles. "Another day another dollar" he mumbles with a sarcastic smile. He really loved his job despite how he sounded, but lately he'd had one of his students really trying him, she was a good student, well she could be, she had everything going for her, smart, funny, extremely attractive, but she just didn't seem to want to make an effort. They'd had many talks about how she acted, but it never seemed to sink in with her. And today he was going to have to have another chat with her, her exam score was terrible, especially when Spencer knew how much better she could do.

The clock hit 9 and the bell rang, Spencers eyes shot open, he'd been sitting there this whole time doing nothing but drink his coffee, so he quickly got his desk organised for the day as students started to trickle in. A couple of the better students saying good morning to him in a chirpy sing song voice, getting a simple, tired sounding "Morning" back from Spencer rather than his usual friendly greeting.
He sat there waiting for the class to fill, sipping his coffee, looking over the students to see who was still to come in. With only one student left to come in, but she was quite often late, Spencer decided to start the class.

Smoketail

Matty grumbled as she rolled out of bed. She knew she was already late by the fact that she couldn't hear her uncle getting ready for his job at the factory. She was really tempted to just stay in bed again, and knew her aunt would let her. But her uncle wasn't an easy man and felt that his niece had plenty of time to mourn and shouldn't waste any more time when she should be in school.

She pulled on some passably clean clothes, namely one of her dad's old rock and roll t-shirts with a pair of jeans she'd inherited from her cousin when he'd it grown them, and a flannel shirt in the colors of her dad's clan from back home. She slipped out of the house without running into her aunt to find her cousin leaving against the car her aunt and uncle hat picked up for hey when she came to live with them.

"Can I drive today?" he asked hopefully.

"Nae. We're already late and ye drive like an old lady. Get in."

A few minutes later they pulled into the student parking lot and get cousin team of to catch his friends before the bell rang. Matty kept hey head down and made her way towards her locker, hoping she didn't run into Susie and the rest of her cheerleader friends. Of course that was too much to ask this morning and get run in with the venomous cheerleader made her late. Again. She slipped into Mr. Matthews room a couple minutes after the bell with arraigned sigh add she caught his usual disappointed look and took her seat.

thatguy

Spencer was part way through explaining the classes work for the day when Matty finally arrived, he watched disappointed as she took her seat, shaking his head slightly, before continuing talking to the class.
"So just open your text books to page 36 and read through till page 41, making sure to take notes on what we just talked about, as I'll be asking questions afterwards. Meanwhile, I'll be returning your marked exam papers"
Spencer began handing the papers back to each student, commenting on how well they had done, or how they could have improved. Making his way down to the back of the class, he finally reached Matty. He let out a sigh "Matty, Matty, Matty" He placed the exam paper on her desk "This is probably the worst work I've seen from you. How many times do we have to go over this?" He looked down at her unimpressed as he waited for her usual smart arsed reply.

Smoketail

Matty sighed as she took her seat when Mr. Matthews said to start the reading assignment for the day. She flipped in her seat with no attempt at subtlety, it wasn't like everyone want already watching her. She dug into her book bag for her textbook, hoping for a change she could get something right to avoid the look of further disappointment in Mr. Matthews eyes.

No such luck. She was still digging in her bag when he approached with her last exam. She looked up and, of course, he looked disappointed. What else was new? Her mind slipped back to the day of that exam. It had been the day the doctors finally gave up on her little brother. She had barely been able to function, but her uncle had insisted she go to school especially since she'd had a test in this class and two others that same day.

She shrugged at his comment on her work. It wasn't like any of the teachers cared about other than the precious test scores. "What can I say, teach? There was a kick arse party over at the college the night before. I had to go and check it out. Didn't get a chance to study for your test." No point in being apologetic. At this point he wouldn't believe that she'd been at the hospital crying for the loss of her baby brother.

thatguy

And there it was, her standard smart arsed reply. Getting frustrated easily due to lack of sleep, he rubbed his brow with his thumb and forefinger, Spencer knelt down next to Matty, his blue/green eyes, that seemed a bit more green than usual looked into her eyes "Listen, I don't want to hear some stupid excuse. I know you could be a good student if you wanted. But if y---" before he could finish his sentence he cut himself off, realizing his tired state might be getting the better of him. He stood up and let out a sigh, "You know the drill. See me after class" his voice tired.
He turned his back to Matty and continued handing out the rest of the exam papers, on his way back to the front of the class he went past Matty, he put his hand on her shoulder, looking down to her "Listen, could you at least feign some interest for the rest of the class?" his voice sounding tired again. He went back to the front of the class, sitting at his desk and going over his day to day as the class read.

Smoketail

She shrugged again. "I wouldn't call what i said much of an excuse, but whatever floats your boat." She felt a bit bad that she was being a pain, her mom had raised her with some decency. She just couldn't muster the capability to really do anything about it. Like all her other teachers,  Mr. Matthews was motivated almost entirely by getting his students good test scores. She just had more important things to worry about than some testy on a subject she'd barely have to use in the real world.

She stiffened in her chair when he came back and talked to her again with his hand on her shoulder. Was he coming on to her? Maybe he was figuring that she wouldn't say anything about it. She'd ask him about it after class. Maybe he was trying to signal that he would raise her grade for a small bit of compensation. But that couldn't be right, they'd both get in trouble for something like that...

She settled back in her seat, trying to subtly distance herself from him. Maybe if she did do something that'd get het grade up, she'd get het incite off het back. "Sure thing, teach. what are we reading today?"

thatguy

"We're just continuing on with the interview we've been studying Matty" Spencer replied as her watched her with intrigue 'sure thing teach'? he thought, that is not something Matty says. He sat there watching her before he realized it might look a bit inappropriate staring at one of his students for such a time, especially one of the better looking girls like Matty, it could easily be misconstrued by anyone that noticed him watching her. That's the last thing he needed to top of a bad start to the day, a fellow teacher accusing him of sexual harassment. He'd never do anything like that, his gaze went back to Matty, looking her over more thoroughly this time. No, he would never do something like that.
Spencer stood up "Alright class, I just have to duck out for a moment. Behave yourself and if you finish reading, just go over your notes and make sure they make sense." He quickly made his way out of the class, once outside he made his way to the bathroom talking to himself "Alright, you did not just think what you were thinking. You're professional, you don't have thoughts like that about students" He stepped into the bathroom, running a tap and splashing his face, looking up in the mirror, his tired eyes staring back at him, water running down his face, dripping from his chin "Your just tired is all" he said to himself in the mirror. He wiped his face dry with a paper towel and made his way back to class.

Smoketail

Since she didn't have her textbook, which she was surprised Mr. Matthews hadn't noticed, she puked out a notebook and began doodling in it. Mr Matthews seemed to always notice her mistakes, and it always made het feel bad which was weird. She didn't care about what the other teachers thought or said about her work, though she seemed to try a bit harder in their classes. She really didn't know what her problem was, other than the fact that no one seemed to care that she was going through a horrible time after the accident.

She barely glanced up when Mr Matthews excused himself. It wasn't like the class was going to listen to him anyway. As soon as the door closed behind him, everyone started talking to each other. It would have been all right with her except that the guy sitting next to her decided that he needed to talk to her.

"So is it true?" He asked. "Are you fucking Mr Matthews to bring your grade up? I heard that he picks one girl out of each class to 'talk with' after class. Is that when you guys arrange when to hook up? "

Matty tried ignoring him, knowing he was just trying to get a rise out of her. And any actual denials would be seen as a declaration of the truth. There were days when high school really sucked.

"Is he the one that took your virginity, or maybe it was your daddy? Those kind of sick this hap-"

Matty cut him off surging to her feet and slamming him against the wall. She gave him an evil look as she pressed her forearm across his throat. "Don't ever say that kind of shit about my father, understand?" She growled in his ear.

thatguy

He could hear his class before he could see in to the room. Hopefully they were just being loud and not causing trouble, that's not something he felt like dealing with right now. He stepped into the class and his eyes widened "Matty!!!" he yelled as he saw her with one of the more troublesome boys pressed up against the wall "What do you think you're doing?! Let him go and step outside right now!" He said in a booming clearly pissed off voice.
Once she let him go he cut her off before she could start "And don't feed me some story. I don't care why you're doing it"
He then looked to his other student she had against the wall "James. You sit down and don't move. I'll deal with you next" before heading back out the door once again to speak with Matty.

Smoketail

Matty felt some satisfaction as she watched James turn a purplish color from lack of air. She distant heard and felt the other students either cheering her on or trying to pull her off the boy. The only thing that probably saved them all was the fact that Mr Matthews chose that moment to return. And the fact that she wasn't stupid enough to carry any of her knives at school.

She growled at James as she slowly let him go. Letting him know in no uncertain terms that she chose to let him go. She glared arty the other students and her teacher as she stomped out of the room. She didn't even have an excuse for Mr Matthews when he finally joined het in the hallway. She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest, fuming about the unfairness of the situation. She couldn't even tell him the truth because he wouldn't even believe her. Or care. No one cared how hard she was trying to just get through each day without her family, without the support she'd had all of her life.

thatguy

The door slammed shut behind Spencer "Alright, what's going on?! One minute your all 'Sure thing teach' trying to be the good student, next thing you're choking a classmate" He stared Matty down "If you keep going the way you are, you're going to get yourself expelled from school!"
Stressed out, Spencer tilted his head up and let out a sigh, then turned his head to the side cracking his neck before looking back down to Matty "And don't just tell me some stupid reason like 'Sorry teach, just had that urge to choke a brother' I'm getting tired of that shit" clearly being a teacher to Matty wasn't working, he had to try and get on her level "I know James can be a bit of a dick. But whenever someone pushes you, you need to take the high road. That will piss them off more than choking them. People like him just want to get a bite, and that's exactly what you gave him"