News:

Main Menu

Started by ShrowdedPoet, April 29, 2008, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

I want to shrink down a picture so I can use it as an avatar, how would I go about doing that?
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Maeven

The simplest way is to open it up, right click it and select edit.  Then it opens in an editor where you can select "Image" and then "Stretch/Skew."  Just reduce the percentages in equal numbers until you get it the size you want it.  (this is windows xp or 98)

I'm sure there is a more sophisticated way of going about it, but thats worked for me  :)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

BlackRose

I know this was already answered above, but an alternate method is hosting the picture on something, such as photobucket, then right clicking the thumbnail and saving the picture as (whatever). This resizes the photograph automatically and you don't have to mess with stretch/skew.
Questions are dangerous, for questions have answers.

Rules/Ons and Offs

"Romantics... The original Emos..." ~Storiwyr

The Overlord

Or...the PhotoShoppers amongst us could size it nicely and maintain image quality.

Gabriel

I actually find that photobucket does a fair job... much better than someone as unskilled as myself could do using PhotoShop, at any rate.
Warming you, warming me.

ZK

http://www.resizeyourimage.com/

Try that page too for more detailed awesomeness.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."