Monster Academy [NC:E]

Started by Myrleena, February 14, 2010, 11:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Okay, I have an idea that I'm considering trying out, so I'm putting it out here to see if there is any interest in it.

Devair Academy is an exclusive, remote boarding school located several hours from the capital of Montana, but only about half an hour from the small town of Chardon.  Few know or pay attention to the Academy, which takes students from 9th grade through low end college.

The truth of the matter is that the Devair Academy is a school for monsters of many forms, and is set up to teach them how to hide themselves from the human public.  The only ones that know this are the locals in Chardon, whose children go to the school as well, as they know the true purpose of the school.  Beings of all types come to Devair Academy, who in reality teaches one thing.  They teach that one must not be caught in their monstrous form.  So they provide a seemingly mortal environment in which to teach the students.

This is the basic premise of the game, but first a few of ground rules:

1) The players will be Seniors, barely arriving at school, and we will be ignoring the time in classes, for the most part.  And remember Elliquiy's age limits.
2) You can play any monster that you like, but they have to be able to A) Disguise themselves as humans, and B) Have rudimentary control of their powers.
3) No 'all powerful' characters, or powers that lead to that.  There's always a way out, and there's always something more powerful, particularly the college students, which are on the opposite side of the campus.
4) There is no way to tell whether another character is mortal or monster without seeing them take different shapes.  Spells might give clues, but it's never enough to make certain of such.
5) I know some players like Non-Consensual scenes, but all such scenes are to be taken to a side thread, as some players prefer consensual scenes.  Otherwise, everything will be in one or two threads at most.
6) No doing anything to another character without the player's permission.  I'm meaning sexually or magically.  Hmm...I should say, no godmodeing

I will not be playing a character, rather, I would be running the staff and other students.  If you are interested, or have any specific questions, let me know.

Thorn14

Name: Rose Korus
Picture: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/Thorn14/Rose/rosenude.jpg NSFW (She also has a flower in her hair that cannot come off)

Species: 1/3rd Nature Elemental.

History: Around hitting adolescence, Rose began to notice strange things happening to her body. Her hair grew to be green for one, which caused her to be laughed out of class (spontaneous hair changes tend to do that). Soon her mother had to tell her  the truth. Her family has bloodlines that trace to a nature elemental, and it skips a generation or so. It didn't skip Rose.

However her mother knew of the Academy. It probably wasn't for people like Rose, but there was no other choice. Flowers would grow in her hair from time to time and other strange incidents would occur. She would have to keep it in check if she was to be safe. Begrudgingly, she moved to the town to prepare to enter the Devair Academy at 12th grade...

Powers: While it can be random, a few things seem to happen the most. One, she can summon thorns from her body on certain parts of her body (not on her face however for example) This requires concentration and she cannot do it if distracted. Other things she has trouble keeping in check is plants inching towards her at times, and on moments of high stress she has had flowers grow where she steps. She has been told by her mother that she may to even take the 'form' of an elemental.

jazz

Not certain why but this premise intrigues me,  For some reason I'd like to explore being a mermaid whom, like so many fairytails reference, gets to transform into a human. Think once I flesh out her character I can join?
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda

Myrleena

Fine with me!  I will say, an anime/manga that slightly inspired the setting was Rosario + Vampire.

Myrleena

Oh, I spaced it, but you don't have to tell anyone but me what powers your character has, or that they aren't merely human.  Entirely up to the players in that regard.

Arlyn

I'll be happy to join, and I'll use a somewhat modified version of my normal modern character.

Name: Arik Lezatiel
Species: Human (as far as anyone knows...)

Background: A quiet type who is unable to speak, he has lived in town for quite a while, though he typically went to another school until the boundaries were re-drawn and now he has to go to the new school.

Anything more, and you'll have to try and 'talk' it out of him.

rancorius

sounds cool still looking for players?

Myrleena

Yep.  I know I'm still waiting on two people discussing characters via IM, so...it may be a bit before I get started.

Pristine Katalyst

Basics

Name: Jeremy "Jerry" Bates
Sexual Preference: Bisexual, but pretty dominant towards either sex.
Relationship Status: Single
Occupation: Currently attending the Monster Academy after being coerced into it by his 'family'.

Appearance

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170
Eyes: Bright blue, yellow in his other form
Hair: Dark brown, like good dark chocolate. White in his other form.
Other: Small, thin white scars runs across his face and chest. Ragged claw marks ripple over his right bicep, and a starburst of white scar tissue on his right shoulder is a testament to a shotgun wound he received only months ago.

Personality

-hot meals rich in red meat (as uncooked as possible)
-Cute things
-Things going his way easily
-puppies
Dislikes:
-naivety
-Being fooled
-Filler foods: Rice, potato, pasta
Strengths:
Find out if you like. Jeremy isn't exactly shy about his true nature, though he isn't going to announce it either.
Weaknesses:
-Tendency to get himself into trouble
-A cute face/personality
-Influenced by his true nature
General Personality: Somewhat seclusive, a wanderer, Jeremy is sharp, smart, and entirely too lazy to do anything about it. He is totally unmotivated, and yet easily provoked and rather strong and cunning for his species. He's got a bad mouth, a fiery temper, and takes offense rather easily. On the other hand, he can also be gentle and affectionate, though not exactly sweet. He's a realist who has seen it and done it and consequently finds there isn't much that scares him. He's killed before, and likely will again, depending on the reason. Above all, Jeremy is a survivalist.
Hopes/Dreams: To enjoy his life and make a few others miserable along the way.
Fears: Not being good enough for anyone and dying alone.

History

Family/friends: Others like him are considered family. No real friends to speak of. His friends shunned him for leaving the first time around, and he has difficulty making friends outside of others like him.
General history: Grew up with others like himself, left to travel the world, and is being forced to go to the school as a sort of punishment. In his travels he was attacked by another somewhat like himself (bicep scar) and shot when he revealed his true nature to a girl he called his 'gypsy princess'. She didn't take it well and told her family, hence being shot by the father.

I'm excited about this! I hope it starts soon. ^^
Also, I didn't get an email back, so I hope it wasn't presumptuous to post this here. >.>"
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Myrleena

Cool!  Now if I can drag a few of the others into giving me characters, we can get started.

jazz

Name: Cassiopeia

History:
Her mother is human father Mer.  Her mother was a Marine Biologist, who literally fell in love with her work.  Living and working on her boat she kept her baby with her and a secret to the rest of the world.  Most saw her as living like a hermit doing her research.  When Cassiopeia was 3 she began to grow into her tail and her mother was forced to give over her care to the girl's father and their family.  Though visits were often it wasn't the same.

At the onset of puberty, Cassiopeia began getting legs again from time to time.  It took a while, (hormones are a bitch) but she eventually was able to control when she had a tail or legs. 

She is friendly and outgoing.  At the Academy, she is usually one of the first to try and make new students feel welcome.  Though she has a pension for a strong man, a few girls have caught her eye as well.

Special power: Thought projection and telekinesis
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda

Travaius

Are you still looking for players?
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Myrleena

Yep.  As soon as we have one more player, I'll get threads up and running.

Travaius

Name: Johan

Johan has always loved the stars, starting at the early age of 8. When his parents pushed him into becoming an athlete, he would only play sports like Soccer and Football, enjoying watching the starts as he played the game. By the age of 13, he could tell every constellation, having a favorite spot where he would love to watch stars. One day, as he walked to what he considered "his" clearing, he was attacked by a large black wolf. Using all his strength, he through the wolf back and ran away. Waking up the next morning, he saw the marks in his arm but it was almost healed. Thinking it wasn't as bad as he thought, he let it go. At the rising of the next full moon, he lost full control, turning into a large black wolf like his sire.

As he aged, he learned control, being able to use the abilities the wolf game him, controlling what he considered his demon. Once his parents learned of the school, they sent him away, hoping that they could teach him more control then he was able to learn himself.

Abilities: Increased Strength and Speed, Enhanced sense of Smell and Sound.

Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Myrleena

Okay, characters look good.  Sorry about slowness, I've been having classes which have been hammering my ability to post stuff.  But I'm going to try to get a couple of threads up in the next little bit.

Myrleena

Okay, here are the two threads!  Post as you will!

Main Thread: Click!
OOC/Character Thread: Click!