Breast milk cheese? Have you seen this?

Started by Gorgomorgo, January 24, 2012, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgomorgo

One of my vegan friends posted this on my Facebook wall. It's...interesting. I'm not opposed to the idea of breast milk cheese so long as it's been tested, but REPLACING dairy milk with human milk? I don't know....

http
  • ://ww
  • w.youtube.
  • com/watch?v=SLBqbO4McUU&feature=player_embedded

(Remove the [X]s. For some reason it won't let me post the link.)

RhymesWithOrange

Aren't humans the only animal that continue to drink milk past infancy, anyway? Considering that people-milk is intended to nourish people, unlike cow or goat milk that's intended to nourish cows and goats, I guess it makes sense.

Gorgomorgo

Beguile's Mistress

Welcome to Elliquiy, Gorgomorgo!

We ask all newcomers to our community to please read the Rules, then pick up the Questionnaire.  You can go this forum to post the answers and begin the approval process.

Any of the threads you have access to are rated PG-13.  You must be approved in order to play in our adult forums.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 24, 2012, 10:31:10 PM

We ask all newcomers to our community to please read the Rules, then pick up the Questionnaire.  You can go this forum to post the answers and begin the approval process.

Any of the threads you have access to are rated PG-13.  You must be approved in order to play in our adult forums.

-chuckles-  And from left field..........
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Run8

I haven't seen the cheese, but I did see there is a company in the UK I believe, selling Brest milk ice cream. In and of itself, I don't have an opinion one way or another, except I feel it could turn into exploitation should demand get too high.....I can't imagine they have an over abundance of women who would content to a daily milking, so as demand increases, I can see poor women being "recruited" to provide, and may not be what they would want to do, but more like what they feel they have to do to get by. Know what I mean?
I suppose, the need to focus never arose...so, something like a Swiss Army Knife, that's my life. J.B.

Oniya

In the States, I know that hospitals charge $80 per ounce for breast milk.  That would be some rather pricey ice cream (or cheese).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Because of the high fat content in breast milk it makes excellent butter, too.

Firm Grip

Hello Everyone,

I must admit the topic of this thread caught my eye.  As much as I love where the milk comes from, not quite sure how I would feel about eating Breast Milk Cheese.  Would be interesting to say the least. 

-Tony
-Tony

Oniya

I admit that when I first had the little Oni, I was tempted to re-enact the scene from 'Look Who's Talking'. O:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Gorgomorgo

Quote from: Oniya on January 25, 2012, 12:19:25 PM
In the States, I know that hospitals charge $80 per ounce for breast milk.  That would be some rather pricey ice cream (or cheese).

That's a ridiculously high price. Why do they charge so much? Testing?

Oniya

Possibly due to supply and demand.  As noted by Run8, you have a limited pool of donors (and yes, it would be screened for things like alcohol, illegal and prescription drugs, and contaminants).  You may have noticed that when a prescription medicine is advertised, there's a blurb that instructs the patient to inform their doctor if they are pregnant, seeking to become pregnant, or nursing.  This is because some medications can cross the blood barrier, and show up in the breast milk (or the fetal blood supply).

Gorgomorgo

Quote from: Oniya on January 25, 2012, 09:08:00 PM
Possibly due to supply and demand.  As noted by Run8, you have a limited pool of donors (and yes, it would be screened for things like alcohol, illegal and prescription drugs, and contaminants).  You may have noticed that when a prescription medicine is advertised, there's a blurb that instructs the patient to inform their doctor if they are pregnant, seeking to become pregnant, or nursing.  This is because some medications can cross the blood barrier, and show up in the breast milk (or the fetal blood supply).

That's fascinating. I'm really curious now about how people who sell cheese and ice cream made of breast milk get away with it legally.

Gorgomorgo

Update: I decided I'm going to take up their offer for a free sample of breast milk cheese. Bottoms up and all that. :[

Gorgomorgo

They said it would get here in 5 to 8 days.

Oniya

Well, what's life without a few new experiences? :D

I do have to wonder, Gorgomorgo - you've been mildly active here for a few days, but you have yet to actually go through our introduction process.  Are you planning on becoming an active participant in our community, or are you really only here about the cheese?

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 24, 2012, 10:31:10 PM

Rinzler

Quote from: Oniya on January 29, 2012, 05:50:34 PM

I do have to wonder, Gorgomorgo - you've been mildly active here for a few days, but you have yet to actually go through our introduction process.  Are you planning on becoming an active participant in our community, or are you really only here about the cheese?

But when it comes down to it...aren't we all really just here, or anywhere, for the cheese?

My favourite is Double Gloucester. Though if it's made from titty-milk, I guess that would make it Double D-cup Gloucester.

Gorgomorgo

Quote from: Oniya on January 29, 2012, 05:50:34 PM

I'll get around to the intro. I've lurked this forum for months and this is the only thread idea I've had so far that I thought worth making an account for. :X

Elkay

Like all things, it may sound disgusting, but I'd give it a go.

But I don't really want a parcel of cheese getting lost in the post system. So no free tasters.

Gorgomorgo

Quote from: Elkay on January 30, 2012, 10:21:19 AM
Like all things, it may sound disgusting, but I'd give it a go.

But I don't really want a parcel of cheese getting lost in the post system. So no free tasters.

Where do you live where the post system is that undependable. @_@

Elkay

Cyprus.

A letter about my Civil Defense stuff coming from the city 20KM away took 3 weeks to arrive.

Gorgomorgo

Quote from: Elkay on January 31, 2012, 02:25:27 AM
Cyprus.

A letter about my Civil Defense stuff coming from the city 20KM away took 3 weeks to arrive.

Have you ever thought of joining civilization? It's a pretty neat thing, civilization.

Oniya

Quote from: Gorgomorgo on January 30, 2012, 01:50:59 AM
I'll get around to the intro. I've lurked this forum for months and this is the only thread idea I've had so far that I thought worth making an account for. :X

Well, just so you know, unapproved members see less than a third of what the forum has to offer.

Good luck with the cheese, though.

Gorgomorgo

Oniya

As Elliquiy is an adult roleplaying site, full membership is required to see the entirety of the site.  The area that you can currently see is PG-13 for legal reasons.