News:

Main Menu

Magic the Gathering

Started by Valeran, June 05, 2013, 08:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valeran

What do you run?

Me, Rakdos. Nothing is cooler than a hell carnival of souls. Where suicidal charge are the same as good showmanship.

Hemingway

... everything?

In the most recent block, my favorite guild is and will always be Dimir. I like the flavor of it, I like the mechanics. Unfortunately, Dimir is also difficult. If I'm playing to win, like say I wanted to join a tournament, I'd go with the Boros Legion. I like them, too. I have a Boros deck that can take apart just about anything. I struggle against the Delver deck my girlfriend likes to play, but even that is mainly challenging, hardly impossible ( Unlike with my Dimir deck, which more or less consistently loses to that deck ). I have several other decks that I made basically because I got lucky and drew a lot of good cards ( My Orzhov deck has two Blood Barons, two Teysa, and Obzedat, all of which I came upon by chance - I think it was a sign ).

Currently I'm working on building something a bit older, a Naya deck from Alara. Mainly because it's something completely unlike anything I've built so far, and I really like the flavor. Also, they have some insane critters. I mean, the whole concept of Naya is to have creatures power 5 or greater. A bunch of their abilities do things like "Creature with power 5 or greater gains indestructible until end of turn". Now, that's cool. But some of these creatures are just crazy. Like the Meglonoth, which at 6/6 for 3RWG with Vigilance and Trample is already decent. On top of that, it deals damage equal to its power when it blocks, to the creature's controller. Those creatures are insane even by the block's standards!

Vegetable

Fuck yeah, magic the gathering! I'm not very good and only started getting into it in the past six months or so, but it's great fun. I mostly play online, but IRL, I have an aggressive midrange Gruul deck. It's pretty fun. If I land an attack with Savageborn Hydra with Ghor-Clan rampager and Blood in my hand, I basically win. Also, I have very rarely lost games where I got a Gruul War Chant and two creatures on the field.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Unfortunately, the deck is extremely vulnerable to removal, so most competent players crush me  ;D I also have some alright decks I made here: http://tappedout.net/users/Vegetable957/ Most of those decks aren't very good, but I think the rats have potential.

Sonowske

Ajani is my most favorite deck. I also like the Blue/White deck from Magic 2013 (can't remember the name).

Vegetable

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 03:28:25 AM
Ajani is my most favorite deck. I also like the Blue/White deck from Magic 2013 (can't remember the name).

Azorius?