Seeking a fellow rp partner!

Started by dovaholic, August 25, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeof

Aight, I'm back. Sorry for the long time offline, internet was down. I apparently haven't been approved yet, but it's only been two days. I'd prefer if we could keep the rp here on this thread. Thanks!
To desire there must be lust
To love there must be trust

dovaholic

It would seem that everyone has been approved now. Are we going to start this?

Bernardo Hoagie

I'm making something new with Minty. Same concept, but different setting.

Y2K: The Year of the Dead

There are two phases of existence, life and death. Life is our reality, and Death is the land of Heavy Metal, in most of its forms. In the land of the Dead, there are the Undead, those born both living and dead. They are special, for they are the only beings able to manifest the Land of the Dead within the Land of the Dead, as well as cross the barrier between both lands. The Undead are always the 11th generation of a family line, as well as every 11 Generations after it.

The Undead unlock their manifest their deathly abilities on the Year of the Dead, which are the 14 month spaces between one Friday the Thirteenth, and the other. During the Year of the Dead, the barrier between existences thins, and pockets of Death begin to form in the Land of Life, where the Living and Dead can both cross, intentionally or not.

xPeof

I approve if this new idea. However , I need some answers. Will anyone play an undead character? What powers do the undead have?  Can they be killed?
Is the world of Life aware of the Land of the Dead? Are they immortal? What will the villain's motivation be?

Bernardo Hoagie

We'll all be Undead in this game, and the powers they have and the Dead that are loyal to them will be based on the type of soul they have (The Lands of the Dead are based on different sub-genres of Metal. My Undead would be a Funeral Doom Undead, Minty's would be Kawaii Metal.) As for death, I'm unsure about this, but I think the Highlander style of immortality would be cool. You live until you're unable to function, then you're kicked back into the Land of the Dead, where you can respawn back to the Land of the Living. If you die in the Land of the Dead, then you'll spawn back in your domain. The Dead who die in the Land of the Dead will become new souls that are reborn in the Land of the Living. The Undead who die by the hands of other Undead will also become new souls, like the Dead who die.

The world at large is unaware of the Land of the Dead, since its intrusions are usually very rare.

xPeof

Okay, if I had to choose a genre, my character would be neo-classical metal.

Bernardo Hoagie

Cool, you got a favorite song from that genre?

xPeof

Actually, I just looked at a list of rock metal genres and chose that because it sounded the most impressive😅. I actually don't listen to rock, but one of the songs in my playlist is Valley of the Damned by Dragonforce. I guess that would make my character power rock.

Bernardo Hoagie

Kore

Hello! Just popping in to say hello and congrats on your approval! I hope to be, too! /crosses fingers

It's awesome you guys have a game going, just wondering if you, dovaholic, have any other RP ideas floating about? Toss 'em out and let's see if we can put something together too!