News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest check(Erotic Battletech)

Started by CaptainErotica, February 09, 2007, 04:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedish Steel

Ok, that seems to be my mech of choice then. I agree that we need a few more girls, even though Chrissa is one hell off a woman. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

CaptainErotica

So I hear, but you all might be a bit much for even her to handle by herself.

Swedish Steel

Yeah. How many interested do you got now by the way?

On Off page:

CaptainErotica

Looks like sever counting you, and assumiong everyone other than Elci who has posted here is interested. I'm going to move the game to it's forum..tommorrow or by Monday at the latest.

Swedish Steel

6 guys to one girl? Poor Chrissa would work very hard, the poor thing. :)
But how to attract more females to a Battletech game? My prejudice tells me it's more of a guys game, cudos to Chrissa for proving me wrong. :)

On Off page:

CaptainErotica

The only real recruitment idea I can throw out there is that several of the more popular women in the Battletech Universe are famous mechwarriors. one is even the Ruler of one of the houses(Lyran Alliance). That and they will to shoot at us with all sorts of weapons. You are right though the main bulk of Battletech players are men. I'm glad Chrissa decided to give this a go. I think she'll find it...fun, even is she does ewnd up having to beat the drooling dogs off with a stick.

Seereous

I'm going with the Highlander.  95 tons, Gauss Rifle and jump jets....*insert menacing laugh here*.  I'm trying to get another lady to join up with us, we'll see how that works out. 

Then you have to mention one of the meanest Mech jocks around....the late Natasha Kerensky, the Black Widow.  She in her Warhammer were legendary.  Then you have Cassandra Allard-Liao, sister to the best Mech jock in a while Kai Allard-Liao.  Then you have Rhonda Snord, commander of Snord's Irregulars.  She was a notable Highlander driver.  Then there's Tomoe Kurita, late wife of the Coordinator Theodore Kurita.  She became Tai-sho (or Tai-shu, can't remember) or the military district that Luthien occupied.  Then there is Lori Calmer-Carlyle, commander of the Gray Death Legion after her hubby Grayson couldn't pilot a Mech anymore because of an injury.

These are just a few of the more well known female MechWarrior pilots. 

Anathanasia

If you'd be comfortable with one more player I could be interested.

I don't normally like freeform, but since most of the 'important' conflict will likely happen in mechs and you've said you'll likely do some rolling there, it might do.

Please take a look for my post in this same forum, as I am pretty demanding. No hard feelings if you don't think I'd fit with the game you guys want to run here, but I am familiar with Battletech (though mostly the old stuff, stopped really playing well over ten years ago when I was no longer hanging around with that crowd) and I would bring in another female character.

Oh, just for the record, I never liked the direction they went with the whole Clans thing. Wolf's Dragoons was my unit way back in '87! ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

HairyHeretic

I'll take the Clan storyline over the Wobbly Jihad any day of the week  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

CaptainErotica

@Anathanasia: We'd love to have you join us. Having experience with the universe is a a big plus. I had origionally intended on using dice for this but as your well aware that would be alot of dice rolling and slow things down quite a bit. as for your demands....I too like to keep a pretty fast pace, so I don't see that being a problem, and the players we have so far, -as far I can tell are pretty reliable writers.  Welcome aboard.

Actually I think the jihad is just what the universe needed to kick start the game. It had been stuck in the year 3067 for what five years at least.  And the new sourcebooks are really high quality in my opinion. I admit though I always did like the Jade Falcons.

HairyHeretic

So explain to me why the Clans didn't then roll right over the IS after the Jihad fizzled out. Thats the bit I never got.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CaptainErotica

Because they are busy fighting among themsleves. Also several of them have had a slight change of heat about the Inner sphere. The Ghost Bears, actualyl moved their whole clan into their OZ, and are actually intergrating themmselves with the Inner Sphere people, and even have fought along them a few times. Nova Cats have also joined the Inner Sphere and were given a section of Kurita space to cal ltheir own. The Diamond sharks have begun selling clan tech to them, including several Mad Cat II's. Clan Snow raven is also currently working with the ouworlds alliance, though if i remember the Dark Ages timeline correclty they become pretty dominant later down the road. Jade falcon and wolf clans are stil lrebuilding after they nearly wiped each other out in a Trial of Ahnialation, and Wolf in exile is working with the Inner Sphere.

Is it possable the clans could take alot of ground if they went on the offensive. Sure it is, but it would be costly to do so.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Robguy on February 15, 2007, 11:37:53 AM
Because they are busy fighting among themsleves. Also several of them have had a slight change of heat about the Inner sphere. The Ghost Bears, actualyl moved their whole clan into their OZ, and are actually intergrating themmselves with the Inner Sphere people, and even have fought along them a few times.

I knew they'd moved, but wasn't sure the relations, especially considering the fighting with Kurita.

Nova Cats have also joined the Inner Sphere and were given a section of Kurita space to call their own.

Irece Prefecture, IIRC. And didn't Minoru Kurita join them?

The Diamond sharks have begun selling clan tech to them, including several Mad Cat II's.

That I wasn't aware off.

Clan Snow raven is also currently working with the ouworlds alliance, though if i remember the Dark Ages timeline correclty they become pretty dominant later down the road.

Too far from anywhere to really make a move. I don't know the full Jihad timeline, but I'd imagine the periphery didn't get hit too hard.

Jade falcon and wolf clans are stil lrebuilding after they nearly wiped each other out in a Trial of Ahnialation, and Wolf in exile is working with the Inner Sphere.

It was Vlads Wolves and the Green Chickens I was mostly thinking about. If anyone would have happily poured through the IS, it would be those two.

Is it possable the clans could take alot of ground if they went on the offensive. Sure it is, but it would be costly to do so.

Ok.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CaptainErotica

Yep Minoru is even one of thier top leaders(I think don't remember the exact details)

The falcons have been testing the Lyrans, but nothing really major.

Currently Theodore Kurrita just died, and Hohiro has yet to claim the throne of the House Kurita, and there are rmors he is sick.

And some of you are like how the hel ldo you guys know so much about this? Get a life... jeez...lol.

HairyHeretic

I have a friend who is a complete BattleTech nut. We spend a reasonable chunk of the day on MSN when we're alledgedly working  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Anathanasia

Quote from: Robguy on February 15, 2007, 11:15:29 AM
@Anathanasia: We'd love to have you join us. Having experience with the universe is a a big plus. I had origionally intended on using dice for this but as your well aware that would be alot of dice rolling and slow things down quite a bit. as for your demands....I too like to keep a pretty fast pace, so I don't see that being a problem, and the players we have so far, -as far I can tell are pretty reliable writers.  Welcome aboard.

Okay, I'll give it a go.

I'll wait till I can see some truly ironed out 'who/when/where' info as to setting before worrying about a character or mech. Keep in mind, my familiarity doesn't really go much past the initial 3050 to 3055 stuff, save some info out of the 3rd Mechwarrior game. I really thought the whole Clans thing was a lame idea, but that's me.

Also, which forum would be playing in? I'm always partial to Heavy and Exotic (strange native fauna on some planets, don't you know! ;)), but just about any forum that could have 'interesting' consequences for losing would work for me.  ;D

I do think we should keep some rolling in somehow, at least as arbritrated by the GM. A simple die roll before battle can't take into account good tactics (as presented through RP) or the way situations can change on the battlefield. So maybe streamline it, keep it to a minimum, but still roll some dice when it's appropriate?

Apple of Eris

Hey, I may be interested, I always liked the setting. I don't know much of the BT history past the clan invasion and them being stopped by ComStar. I also have no idea how the system works so if someone is willing to help me with that stuff, I'd be happy to play.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ixy

Well, chalk it to at least 3 ladies interested now... I like the description, the idea... again, not too big on the history, but I'm willing to work it out. 

Anybody want to discuss backgrounds?  *starts plotting a ladies' alliance to keep this game interesting...*

Apple of Eris

I'm still thinking about a char. nut I alyways liked the Free Worlds League for some reason, so she'd probably be from there. I'll have to sleep on it to get more than that really. I'm too tired to think right now :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Swedish Steel

Cool! Not really a guy game anymore then.

On Off page:

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Ixy on February 15, 2007, 11:56:37 PM
Anybody want to discuss backgrounds?  *starts plotting a ladies' alliance to keep this game interesting...*

Mine is partially fleshed out. Bushido focused Kuritan, seeking to atone for his past, and regain his honour (as he sees it).

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CaptainErotica

:)

Welcome Ladies. I plan on having everytihng ironed out in the next day or two. I wil lbe sticking to the 3067 starting year, though I may or may not use the Jihad stuff, since it has just recently been released and not many know the details of it. I had highly consdiered going back to the start of the Clan Invasion(3049-50), as it seems that many of you know the game up to that point at least. However, sopme people like to play a clanner, and since the clans would be enemies, that would mean players having to fight one another. Not necasarily a bad thing but I'd like to keep you all on the same team.

As for dice rolls. I can go either way. If you have an idea of how to keep the dice rolls and everyone agrees I will go with it. Otherwsie I wil lstick to the DM roll to determine the battle winner, and leave it up to you al lto tell the story of the battle. since many of you have never played Battletech before here is a breakdown of how a normal round of combat would....roll out.

Initiative: Each player rolls 2d6. (alternately some players would be Lance/Star commanders and roll for their lance(4 mechs/5 for clans)

Movement: the player with the lowest roll moves his mech. Then the next lowest roll, etc, etc

Fire: Same as with movement: You roll 2d6 for each weapon you wish to fire(dpending on the wepaons and heat sinks this could range from 0-10+ weapons..thats alot of rolls)

Physical attacks:2d6

Damage: Damage does not go nito aeefect until after the firing/melle is over. This means that even if your mech is destroyed you stil lget to carryo ut your actions for that round.

Heat Phase: all wepaons, and movement build up heat. at the ned of the turn the mech dissipates heat, depending on how many heat sinks it has. Normally it is okay to have a few heat left over. However, they carry over and continually overheating wil leventually put you high enough on the heat chart to force you to shut down, or even worse suffer an ammo cook off. (Big boom)

In addition to those rolls, there are rolls for when a pilot takes damage(hit to the mech head, ammo explosion, falling), Piloting rolls for some special manuevers like a Death From Above, or charge attack, Piloting rolls for runnign on pavement to avoid Skidding, Piloting rolls for taking more than 20 damage in one turn(fairly common), Piltoting rolls for moving through rubble or rough terrain, and also for entering a water. Obviously we do not need all of these rolls. But, as you can see even keeping just the attack rolls would involve alot of rolling.

Anathanasia

Re: Dice and the Rolling of Them

I completely agree with the idea of NOT playing out an entire battle turn by turn. That would be extremely tedious at best, I'd imagine.

My idea is more abstraction, but don't do away with the dice entirely. Instead of deciding the outcome on a single GM die roll, break it down a little. Have an 'intiative' roll to determine who starts with the advantage, have people RP out some shooty bits (maybe a loose set of stats to use as pose-guidelines just so we all know capabilities?), something dramatic happens (like any DFA attack, heh), so we roll for that, then...and maybe with a rolll or two behind the scenes by the GM to see which way the battle is leaning, and we get a neat little fudge system for our mech battles.

So maybe, in a crazy and hectic battle, we have a half dozen rolls. And as far as I'm concerned, the GM can make all of them and inform players as necessary. That's always helped to expedite things from my experience.

HairyHeretic

If we're going to be rolling the dice for every step of the battle, it will seriously slow things down. I think it would be better to abstract it somehow.

Maybe something simple like a damage track

Undamaged
Light
Medium
Heavy
Critical
Destroyed

Players roll off against a target, modified up or down by the difference in mech classes

Eg the same dice roll of a light v an assault mech would see the assault mech take light damage, the light get crippled, to represent weight of armour and volume of fire.

Maybe the dice roll could be modified by particularly sneaky plans or well written story stuff.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

CaptainErotica

@Anathanasia:That sounds reasonable enough. As soon as a Siren come on i'll ask them to set up the board so we can move the various discusions there.

@Hairyheretic: That could work. but I'll go ahead and detail out my plan in that regard. Most of us are already familliar enough with the universe to be able to gage the effects certain wepons have upon the target. For example We know that A single Guase rifle hit or even worse a class 20 autocannon hit can cripple even a hundred ton Mech, and will leave most light mechs in bad shape, since most light mechs are lucky to have more than 5 or 6 points of armor in any given location.  However A machine gun or flamer weapoen wil ldo little more than piss off the target -especialyl if you set the woods he was hising in on fire. :D 
   For those that aren't familliar with the game, I will post a thread detailing the various types of weapons, and will also have a list of wepaons along with their Heat and damage outpout. They can then combine this info with information on their mech and their opponents mech, to get a good idea of how to write out the scene.

Example I'm in a medium mech and my the mech i am targeting is a heavier mech say 70 tons.We are at medium range for most weaponry so my short range missiles would probably be a waste, so best to conserve ammo. I toggle to a triple pulse laser PPC set up, knowing that I wil lbe runnign hot after this but hoping the PPC will keep him at bay long enough for me to cool off. I decide to have al lthree lasers miss, but force him to dosge right into my PPC blast, which csatches him Center torso. I know the PPCC does 10(15 for clan) damamge for a whopping 10 or 15 heat. Being a heavy mech he should have around 20-30 armor points on the center torso, so assuming he's fresh, I'd have the shot burn a Yugo size hole into his thick armor, blackening the edges as the melted metal allow runs down his chest in rivulets of metallic blood. Had I chose to have a laser hit instead, the results would have been lewss dramatic as it would only have been around 6 points of damage.